Get Smart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

Rogue Jedi
droolio Agent 99.

MildPossession
I just adore Steve Carell, so i'm definitely there.

JediSamuraiMRB
The original tv show was fair. Don Adams was hilarious at times. Steve Carell is funny a lot. Anne Hathaway=gorgeousness. If this is equally funny as some of the shows were. This has a good chance of being successful.

DarthLazious
Does anyone know when it comes out?

regina414
Originally posted by DarthLazious
Does anyone know when it comes out?

Its US release is on June 20, 2008. Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by regina414
Its US release is on June 20, 2008. Happy Dance

There's a strong chance I'll see it sooner.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
There's a strong chance I'll see it sooner.

You say pretty much the same thing about every film in existence; I'm just curious, what is it that allows you to see movies early?

chillmeistergen
Probably goes to film festivals.

Blax_Hydralisk
Nah. He goes to the screenings of a lot of movies. Knows people, I guess.

edwinian
Yea I hope it's funny. Steve Carrell was an excellent pick for this role. I'm sure I'll be seeing it this summer.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Nah. He goes to the screenings of a lot of movies. Knows people, I guess.

I do know people. My sister works for Sony pictures and we both know a few film critics.

regina414
Cool! You'd get to see a lot of films.

Blax_Hydralisk
I do know people. My sister works for Sony pictures and we both know a few film critics.

Next time you come up to the Metreon, hook me up mane >.>

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Next time you come up to the Metreon, hook me up mane >.>

I'll try to.

chillmeistergen

Yet from what I've seen, your taste is abysmal. Those critics you know must think you're a right cretin.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yet from what I've seen, your taste is abysmal. Those critics you know must think you're a right cretin.

WTF??

regina414
I love The Rock and I can't wait for this one!

FlappingMangera
I like the casting, I just hope the script is up to snuff.

regina414
I like Steve Carell since I saw him in The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

Quiero Mota
I thought it was great. As a fan of the original tv series, I can say that Steve Carell nailed the role of Max Smart, and I was surprised. Unlike a lot of film adaptations of shows, this actually felt like an episode of the original. Not only did Carell obviously do his homework for the role, but he was funny in his normal, idiotic way, which isn't far from how Don Adams was. One thing I noticed and liked, was that the film didn't overuse any of Maxwell Smart's signature expressions, but used them just enough (such as: "I missed it by that much!" and "Ah, the old *insert any term* trick!"wink.

Also, I was really surprised that Peter Segal decided to have a make-out scene between Steve Carell and The Rock.

Bardock42
Originally posted by regina414
I like Steve Carell since I saw him in The 40-Year-Old Virgin.

I liked Steve Carrell since I saw him in Little Miss Sunshine (****ing awesome movie).

Well, to be fair he is also great The Office.

qqqqqqq
the movie kinda reminded me of johnny english

MildPossession
It has got some good reviews from what I've read, still can't wait to see it.

moviebuff1084
I just got back from seeing it and it was pretty good could have been better but still good.

dadudemon
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
I just got back from seeing it and it was pretty good could have been better but still good.

Though it doesn't appear that you an I have the same taste in films (from reading some of your posts), I think your review will echo what I view that film as. This one's a "watch it on DVD film"...so I won't go to the theater.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I thought it was great. As a fan of the original tv series, I can say that Steve Carell nailed the role of Max Smart, and I was surprised. Unlike a lot of film adaptations of shows, this actually felt like an episode of the original. Not only did Carell obviously do his homework for the role, but he was funny in his normal, idiotic way, which isn't far from how Don Adams was. One thing I noticed and liked, was that the film didn't overuse any of Maxwell Smart's signature expressions, but used them just enough (such as: "I missed it by that much!" and "Ah, the old *insert any term* trick!"wink.

Also, I was really surprised that Peter Segal decided to have a make-out scene between Steve Carell and The Rock.

Agreed, it was pretty funny, but not idiotic funny, I loved the sarcasm, and Alan Arkin gets most of the best jokes in the movie (beating up the vice-president laughing )
I loved Steve Carrell's portrayal of Max Smart, the character came across like a really inteligent person... just very clumsy, which is very different than Dom Adams'.
also loved Bill Murray's cameo

and Anne Hattaway droolio

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Bardock42
I liked Steve Carrell since I saw him in Little Miss Sunshine (****ing awesome movie).

Well, to be fair he is also great The Office.

Just watched it, brilliant film. The bit where they were all dancing was a bit cheesy, other than that, I can't really fault it. (Talking about Little Miss Sunshine, by the way).

SpaceMonkey
The movie was OK at best. Alot of the humor seemed forced. The best thing about this movies was Hathaway, who was hella hottt!!

ragesRemorse
was tricked into seeing this with a friend. I thought the movie was long and annoying.

BruceSkywalker
I saw this. Liked the tv show. To me the movie was hit and miss. Glad Carel hasn't given up his day job.

Myth
I really liked the movie. Carrell was perfect for this movie. Though, whenever the film was in the main headquarters and Carrell wasn't there they focused on the guys that make electronics and they were horribly bad. I can't believe they were given their own DVDs. It must be one of the biggest piece of sh*t movies ever. But yeah, I really liked Get Smart overall.

Placidity
Could've been better... Anne was hot though, and in the formal party scene she looked exactly like the original Agent 99.

Jim Colyer
Steve Carrell was just as funny in this role as Don Adams was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.