OFFICIAL: thanos discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORD B
this has bean ok'd by digi.

in this thread all topics concerning thanos can be discussed including -wins,loses,feats and opinions.

please try and keep it civil smile

guy222
Thanos with The Heart of the Infinite was badass

Ha-Son
I think Quanchi makes people hate Thanos. sad

llagrok
I like the fact that Thanos' relationship with death slowly increased over the passing years. Back in the day she wouldn't address him directly, then she first spoke to him in The End and in his own series they finally had conversations together.

Pretty neat.

Originally posted by Ha-Son

Thanos was definitely one of my favourite characters until Quanchi joined KMC. I suppose it's my fault though, for letting someone else ruin a character for me smile

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok

Thanos was definitely one of my favourite characters until Quanchi joined KMC. I suppose it's my fault though, for letting someone else ruin a character for me smile

I was going down the same road with Wolverine, but then realized, why am I letting other people influence my decisions? big grin

On topic: Thanos is one of my favorites. If there was one guy I would want to be with if the Universe was in danger, it would be Thanos.

I love that he stands down to no one, even if he knows they' re more powerful. He's a rare combination of intelligence, power, and non jobbing capability. At least from what I have read of Thanos, I've never seen him really job to anyone.

He gets alot of undeserved hate around here due to infinite fanboyism, but I don't let it affect my decision of the character.

LORD B
Originally posted by Ha-Son
i was starting to feel the same way,but then i thought i wont let others views spoil my own.

LORD B
when i get time just some topics id like to discuss,on some thanos losses-
squirrel girl
odin
drax

guy222
Thanos is powerful, but he's not beating Odin

Drax was created to defeat Thanos

LORD B
Originally posted by guy222
Thanos is powerful, but he's not beating Odin

Drax was created to defeat Thanos
i agree he s not beating odin,but like said before with recent upgrades he'd hold own or maybe stalemate him at best.thanos was coping ok until odin pulled out his staff,without the staff he would give odin a greater fight imho.

i do think drax was a bit of a plot device for annihilation,seeing he rarely fazed thanos in the past.

is squirrel girl defeat cannon?also didnt happen off panel(cant be bothered to search for comic)

guy222
Points well taken good buddy

Odin is prolly returning as well

They should bring Thanos back. Should Starlin write it, Well

llagrok
I wouldn't mind seeing Thanos return.

Not to the realm of the living, but as Death's cohort.

LORD B

hopefully he will return in the upcoming guardian's of the galaxy?

Symmetric Chaos

Or consort.

Bad Ash231
Thanos is a little too Mary Sue-ish, if you ask me. Well, when Starlin writes him anyway.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Thanos is a little too Mary Sue-ish, if you ask me. Well, when Starlin writes him anyway.

Meh, plenty of villains get away with that.

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Or consort.

That's what I meant.

quanchi112
I like the fact that Thanos' relationship with death slowly increased over the passing years. Back in the day she wouldn't address him directly, then she first spoke to him in The End and in his own series they finally had conversations together.

Pretty neat.

Thanos was definitely one of my favourite characters until Quanchi joined KMC. I suppose it's my fault though, for letting someone else ruin a character for me smile You can hate me but why hate a fictional character. This character brought me into comics when I was a child and is the reason why I am here which is to the chagrin of others.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by quanchi112
You can hate me but why hate a fictional character. Because you like him, so it's annoying to like him as well, or uncool to like him... or something.

Anyway, you never really did like a character if other's opinion of the character decide it for you... IMO.

Thanos has always been my favorite character, and nothing has faltered that yet (although I will poke jabs at Quan once in a while).

Also, what are we supposed to talk about? Thanos rocks?

Soljer
Anyone heard anything from anywhere about Thanos' return?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Because you like him, so it's annoying to like him as well, or uncool to like him... or something.

Anyway, you never really did like a character if other's opinion of the character decide it for you... IMO.

Thanos has always been my favorite character, and nothing has faltered that yet (although I will poke jabs at Quan once in a while).

Also, what are we supposed to talk about? Thanos rocks? I am sure I have done to Thanos what my opposing posters have done to Darkseid for me. I cant enjoy good showings from darkseid fully because I know I will have to hear about it from a certain few on here. The same goes I am sure for Thanos. When he returns I am sure some posters will grimace if he does something spectacular because of me.

I hate the Steelers because of one of my childhood friends. Those dam crappy steelers. It sucks but people we know effect the way we view things. The same goes for comic book characters I suppose.

Lord S
Originally posted by LORD B
i agree he s not beating odin,but like said before with recent upgrades he'd hold own or maybe stalemate him at best.thanos was coping ok until odin pulled out his staff,without the staff he would give odin a greater fight imho.

i do think drax was a bit of a plot device for annihilation,seeing he rarely fazed thanos in the past.

is squirrel girl defeat cannon?also didnt happen off panel(cant be bothered to search for comic) Odin - Thanos didn't beat him...or even come close to being a threat. He was more of an annoyance to him...but in fairness to Thanos, this was in Asgard. Some people claim Odin is stronger there, but I'm not 100% sure. What I was able to determine from watching that fight was that Thanos more than proved his durability, but offensively could not faze Odin. Thanos was on rubber legs at the end, and had the fight gone on, he would have eventually fallen.

Drax - was to Thanos what Kryponite is to Superman. Hopefully if/when Thanos returns, this cosmic enchantment (or whatever) on Drax is gone, and he becomes a non-factor. He's really annoying.

Squirrel Girl - it wasn't off-panel...it was in 'GLX-MAS Special', and while it is canon, it was really a clone she beat up. The real Thanos was out near the Crunch at the time with Skreet and Fallen One awaiting the start of Annhilation. It was stated in 'She Hulk' that the clones are so precise to Thanos' likeness, that it could even fool the most cosmic of senses. This was Dan Slott retconning his own Squirrel Girl story.

LORD B
Originally posted by Lord S
Odin - Thanos didn't beat him...or even come close to being a threat. He was more of an annoyance to him...but in fairness to Thanos, this was in Asgard. Some people claim Odin is stronger there, but I'm not 100% sure. What I was able to determine from watching that fight was that Thanos more than proved his durability, but offensively could not faze Odin. Thanos was on rubber legs at the end, and had the fight gone on, he would have eventually fallen.

Drax - was to Thanos what Kryponite is to Superman. Hopefully if/when Thanos returns, this cosmic enchantment (or whatever) on Drax is gone, and he becomes a non-factor. He's really annoying.

Squirrel Girl - it wasn't off-panel...it was in 'GLX-MAS Special', and while it is canon, it was really a clone she beat up. The real Thanos was out near the Crunch at the time with Skreet and Fallen One awaiting the start of Annhilation. It was stated in 'She Hulk' that the clones are so precise to Thanos' likeness, that it could even fool the most cosmic of senses. This was Dan Slott retconning his own Squirrel Girl story.

even if it was a thanos clone you never see the engage in combat.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/page09.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/page19.jpg

on the point of the odin fight, i never said thanos would beat odin i said with thanos's upgrades he has received since that fight, he would imo be able to stalemat odin.
odin could only put him down after he drew weapon/staff.

Bentley
You think Thanos should make a cameo appearance in the Captain Marvel mini?

Eon Blue
Thanos is cool. And so is Quan (at times). lol

darthgoober
I really don't know why people have such a hard time accepting the Squirrel Girl thing.

1. She's undefeated, so his losing is in no way a low showing.
2. It happened off panel. Lots of people have spectacular off panel feats to their credit, but the general feeling on the forum is that off panel=meaningless.
3. It was made pretty clear that Thanos was in the middle of one of his BIG schemes by the Watcher(who commented on SG saving the multiverse). And as everyone knows by now, when Thanos is out to conquer all he always beats himself in the end.

quanchi112
Originally posted by darthgoober
I really don't know why people have such a hard time accepting the Squirrel Girl thing.

1. She's undefeated, so his losing is in no way a low showing.
2. It happened off panel. Lots of people have spectacular off panel feats to their credit, but the general feeling on the forum is that off panel=meaningless.
3. It was made pretty clear that Thanos was in the middle of one of his BIG schemes by the Watcher(who commented on SG saving the multiverse). And as everyone knows by now, when Thanos is out to conquer all he always beats himself in the end. Funny sig, laughing out loud

Nihilist
just a few scans showing how good thanos clones are.
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7473/thanosclone1am9.th.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9192/thanosclone2hq8.th.jpg

Nihilist
i have been thinking,is it just me or was thanos loses the infinity gauntlet due to his subconchese and thinking himself of not being worthy KIND of a plot device?

because the only person who could/would stop him was the livivng tribunal,and he made it clear the he had no need/concern to be involved in the matter,seeing as thanos defeated the entire cosimic offence.
who else other than LT at the time could have stopped him..

Mr Master
Originally posted by Nihilist

i have been thinking,is it just me or was thanos loses the infinity gauntlet due to his subconchese and thinking himself of not being worthy KIND of a plot device?
thumb up

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/795482_t16ii.jpg
http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/795483_t23dp.jpg
http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/795484_t3se7.jpg

"Three times you have triumphed to gained the ends you desire,
three time you have sub-consciously supplied the means to your own defeat"

because the only person who could/would stop him was the livivng tribunal,and he made it clear the he had no need/concern to be involved in the matter,seeing as thanos defeated the entire cosimic offence.
who else other than LT at the time could have stopped him..
As far as we know, No one below the LT can touch IG.

Marvel.com states the Infinity Gauntlet grants,

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity_Gauntlet_%28item%29

Powers: "Absolute Omnipotence when the Gems are used altogether"

Jim Starlin

(the writer/creator of the Infinity Gauntlet)

gets interviewed by Marvel Age.

Marvel Age is a Marvel title specifically designed to get the intricate details
to stories by the Writers of said stories themselves.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7315/igmakegod1bz0.th.jpg

"The Infinity Gauntlet,
a story that dealt with the idea of a nihilist (Thanos) becoming God"

..........................................................................................

Jim Starlin himself adds:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9950/igmakegod2zt8.th.jpg

"I've done the good side of God and the bad side of God,
I've gone as far as I can with the Infinity Gauntlet"

..........................................................................................

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1825/igmakesyougod7zf.th.jpg

Thanos, ... In-effect became God"

Nihilist
big grin

quanchi112

who else other than LT at the time could have stopped him.. I agree that it was a plot device. The bad guy has to lose somehow and what cooler way is there than this. No one could beat him and he had to beat himself.

Nihilist
just found this cool pic of thanos

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/6198new_storyimage7290334_thumb.jpg

Bentley
Is that an alternate cover for a Guardians of the Galaxy issue?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Bentley
Is that an alternate cover for a Guardians of the Galaxy issue? yeah,i thought he was returning sad

Bentley
Hopefully he will be back to do great things or he will operate from Death's realm now. I'm not sure if Thanos has a place opposing anyone in the Marvel Universe, as he works beyond pretty much everyone.

Nihilist
to be honest i dont think theres a great deal marvel could do with him at the moment

Tenebrous
i agree. Thanos is one of those that should appear every couple of years. The last time he had a significant appearence before annihilation was his own limited series, and that was about 3 years inbetween. Maybe sometime next year Thanos can appear again. Perhaps in the War of Kings story, but I really don't see anything other than a brief appearence w/ mistress death and have both of them smiling over vulcan and black-bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.