Nihilus and the Ravager

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

123KID
is there ANY other possible interpretation of Tobin's line "he pulled it from the mass shadows of Malachor...that is a measure of his power" other than Nihilus simply Force TK'ed the ship out of the gravity well ?

EogIiuZI9PQ

it seems even the simples tof feats now are beign denied by some users here

LORD JLRTENJAC
He did also say that Nihilus holds the ship together, I think Nihius used his command of the force to pull the ship from the shadows of Malachor and uses it also to hold it together. That, the fact that he hasn't fed on force sensatives, and the Exile's unique connection to the force, could explain in-universe why he was so easily killed in Kotor 2.

But we all know it was just rushed programming that Killed Nihilus in reality. smile

Darth Exodus
Ha Ha suck it Ivalice, Nihilius did pull the ravager from the wreakage of Malachor along with his fleet. HA!

Ivalice
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Ha Ha suck it Ivalice, Nihilius did pull the ravager from the wreakage of Malachor along with his fleet. HA! As stated by whom ******? All i recall was that the loading screen stated he got his ship from the gravity well, it did not state he pulled it out with the force.

And tobin IS fallible considering the fact he never actually saw the ravager being pulled out of the gravity well and could be under the assumption that nihilus did it.

Oh right and where is his "fleet" exactly?

123KID
tell me Ivalice what other things in SW at this time besides Force powers hcould pull a spaceship from a gravity well ?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by 123KID
tell me Ivalice what other things in SW at this time besides Force powers hcould pull a spaceship from a gravity well ?

A death star star size tow truck wink

Ivalice
tell me Ivalice what other things in SW at this time besides Force powers hcould pull a spaceship from a gravity well ? And just to let you know, the MSG was not active for years and there could be any way that nihilus lifted the ship.

Hell and in various cutscenes the ravagers engines seem to be in perfect condition, so its plausible that he could have just flown the ship out of there.

Tangible God
If Tobin's words are to be taken as fact, then Nihilus DID pull the fleet from Malachor. One by one, or all at once--who knows.

However, there were plenty of Sith Interdictors left following the war's end, the rest of his fleet may have been accumulated since then. I've not a found a clear source on the origins of his fleet.

But it would be safe to assume that since the Mass Shadow Generator annihilated or severely damaged everything in its path, and since every other ship visible in Nihilus' force seems rather spick and span, then Nihilus' Interdictors came from elsewhere.

123KID
well Tobin tells us he pulled it up with his power
might i add something i discovered: Traya tells us about Nihilus' crew of the ship and how he drains them slowly...obviously she's never been onboard the Ravager...just like Tobin wasn't at Malachor
fact is writers use characters to say things the characters shouldn't know all the time it's just how it is

123KID
also consider the Mandalore said the structural damage should have destroyed the ship + the fact we see huge holes in the hull as well as electricity/lightning shooting off it it's pretty obvious Nihilus just couldn't have "flown" it off a planet

LIeswg1oHLY

also upon setting the last charge on the Ravager

Zuka: That's the last of them, Mandalore. We can destroy the ship on your command.
Exile: We still have to kill the Master on this ship, or Telos is finished anyway.

so apparently blowing up the Ravager wouldn't keep Nihilus from killing the planet

Darth Exodus
' He tore it from the mass shadows of malachor, along with his fleet...'

So suck it.

And how the hell else could he have done this except by Force power, gentle persuasion?
And Tobin is NOT fallible. He's the only source on the subject.

Originally posted by Tangible God
If Tobin's words are to be taken as fact, then Nihilus DID pull the fleet from Malachor. One by one, or all at once--who knows.

Nihilus was described to have "torn" the fleet from the Mass Shadows of Malachor, implying that it was all at once.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
' He tore it from the mass shadows of malachor, along with his fleet...'

So suck it.

And how the hell else could he have done this except by Force power, gentle persuasion?
And Tobin is NOT fallible. He's the only source on the subject. And did tobin saw nihilus doing it mr smarty pants? So of course he is fallible, quote me with a more reliable source prehaps kreia or come up with something from your "intellect". THEN ill back down.

darthsith19
He may be fallible but it's all we've got to go on, so wouldn't his word count until proven faulty?

Ivalice
Not until something backs him up considering he was not there at malachor V.

123KID
and Traya wasn't on the Ravager but tells us all about its crew
characters telling us stuff like what Tobin did is just the makers of the game informing us the player

Ivalice
and Traya wasn't on the Ravager but tells us all about its crew
characters telling us stuff like what Tobin did is just the makers of the game informing us the player Quote traya please.

And characters telling us stuff can be fallible, such as the rodian in kotor whom stated exar kun is the most powerful sith lord to have ever exist is fallible.

123KID
i'd say he was right
he was obviously only talking about Sith up until that point in time and at that time Kun was probably the strongest Sith ever

let me find the Traya quote
i'll post it once i got it

123KID
Exile: But all life is touched by the Force.
Kreia: Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended. It is an empty road to the dark side, and by travelling it, the price is death before one's time. He is a breach in the Force, capable of consuming the lives of those around him. Sometimes the touch is slow, as it is with his crew.

and indeed she's right as we saw on the ship

Ivalice
Exile: But all life is touched by the Force.
Kreia: Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended. It is an empty road to the dark side, and by travelling it, the price is death before one's time. He is a breach in the Force, capable of consuming the lives of those around him. Sometimes the touch is slow, as it is with his crew.

and indeed she's right as we saw on the ship Shes right because she trained him and knew his capabilities...

123KID
no
she specifically comments on what he does to the crew of his ship
she has no way of knowing that

LORD JLRTENJAC
It is a commonly known thing that authors will place knowledge in characters that they shouldn't have, just because the knowledge needs to be told. There wasn't really any way to tell the player that Nihilus pulled the ship from the gravity well, except through Tobin, because Nihilus doesn't speak basic. However, I do see Ivalice's side that since Torfin didn't actually see it being pulled that the statement could be deemed false, and the incedent could be written any way some other writer wanted to write it.

But it is obvious that the writers who did Kotor 2 intended for what Tobin said to be true.

Tangible God
Maybe if Visas had said something. But nope, she was too busy declaring her servitude and fighting her own demons to fill the audience in on information we'd no doubt question, thereby avoiding this dilemma.

B*tch.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Hey, it's not her fault, she just said what the writers told her two, and even at that, did she see the Nihilus pulling the ravager, because if not, then we would still be having this discussion.

Tangible God
B*tch still could of decided to be there. She still could of persuaded the writers to tell her to tell us.

The big EH
lol

Dark-Jaxx
I have a quick question, what makes people think Tobin WASN'T there when Nihilus lifted the Ravager?

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Tangible God
B*tch still could of decided to be there. She still could of persuaded the writers to tell her to tell us.

Wow... That makes so much sence.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Wow... That makes so much sence. So does the word "sence."

Ivalice
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I have a quick question, what makes people think Tobin WASN'T there when Nihilus lifted the Ravager? Simply because it was "pulled" from malachor prior to K2 and the fact that if tobin was there at that time, he would have been enslaved and not be working on onderon which we see in K2.

Kapton JAC
True... I think... It's been a long time.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Ivalice
Simply because it was "pulled" from malachor prior to K2 and the fact that if tobin was there at that time, he would have been enslaved and not be working on onderon which we see in K2. Dude...Tobin was ALWAYS working for Nihilus. Traya informed him of Jedi hiding in Telos, knowing he would tell his master, who was Nihilus.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dude...Tobin was ALWAYS working for Nihilus. Traya informed him of Jedi hiding in Telos, knowing he would tell his master, who was Nihilus. You seem to forget that he started "working" for nihilus during K2. NOT before K2 or he would have been enslaved by nihilus powers or better yet, crushed by malachors dark side energy which according to kreia,(she) was crushed by it.

And either vaklu or tobin said something about "our new ally".

Anyways the burden of proof falls on you, YOU have to prove that he wes there, i don't have to do the latter.

Kapton JAC
Or you could make it easier on everyone and PROVE that he wasn't, because if what you said is true then there has to be proof in the game.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Or you could make it easier on everyone and PROVE that he wasn't, because if what you said is true then there has to be proof in the game. I don't have to prove a negative. He made a claim, the burden falls on him. I am merely asking him to prove up.

You make a claim, you prove it.

Kapton JAC
very true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.