Tom Waits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Afro Cheese
Anyone like him? Rain Dogs is such a classic album, anyone who hasn't heard it should check it out immediately. Here's some youtube vids of him for anyone who's curious.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ExyRMqX8eOA&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gME--7vk7Vk

Alpha Centauri
I think he's really good. More of a storyteller than a brilliant musician, but I like him.

Quite unique.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Yeah he's really unique.. especially his voice, makes for really creepy music..

who?-kid
One of my former heroes... I like almost everything about him, but his last albums were not so great. They were good, but not as brilliant as could have been. But maybe my expectations were too high.

Best Tom Waits albums

- Swordfishtrombones
- Bone Machine
- Rain Dogs
- The Asylum Years
- Mule Variations
- The Black Rider

and of course Blue Valentine, a masterpiece.

bakerboy
He is a genious and i love his voice and his musical poems.

Althought i think that Dylan was the best one in this field.

furryman
classic. listening to tom waits in the desert is a truly wonderful experience.

Kid Kurdy
Only 5 replies. It's a shame.

Phat J
tom waits is great, i just have to be in the right mood to really enjoy him.

ive only ever heard raindogs and then the odd song, what do you guys think is his best album?

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Phat J
ive only ever heard raindogs and then the odd song, what do you guys think is his best album?
Good question. Difficult question. Maybe Bone Machine, maybe Blue Valentine.

Rain Dogs is also great of course.

Afro Cheese
Rain Dogs is actually all i've heard beyond the odd song here and there too. I'll check those others out.

mysterio69
voice of an angel

Paradoxical
Who all here likes him

hoist that rag is my favorite song of his

Ax3l
Who?

Pezmerga
lol I like him and his former nanny.

Kram3r
Lol dude, it's probably best to actually search to see if there is a thread on a musician. Tom Waits' thread is here. Tom Waits' is excellent though. I only have Rain Dogs ATM, but he has an awesome unique sound, I definitely want more.

Bardock42
He's great. I bought "Orphans" recently, didn't have time to check it out properly though. My favourite songs are probably Downtown Train, I Hope That I don't Fall In Love With You and I Don't Wanna Grow Up.

chillmeistergen
I think he's fantastic, easily my favourite solo artist. Tango Till They're Sore takes the prize as being my favourite song.

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think he's fantastic, easily my favourite solo artist. Tango Till They're Sore takes the prize as being my favourite song. Oh yeah, love that song. Rain Dogs is my favourite Album of his.

Ax3l
Jesus Gonna Be Here is a great song, as well.

Paradoxical
God's away on business is another of my favorites

Paradoxical
YAY this thread is brought back!!!!!!!!
Gad was apparently away on business lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.