Alan Wake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
comes out soon (at least in the UK...might be out in the US already)

looks interesting though

http://www.alanwake.com/

definitely one of the games i'll be purchasing soon although its release close to GTA4 might not serve it well (lets face it...any game going up against GTA4 is fighting an uphill struggle)

BackFire
Yeah, looks to be really interesting.

No release date yet, though. It's up in the air if it will even be out this year, as far as I know.

Smasandian
I remember when Intel Duo Core processors were coming out that this game would be the reason to get a quad core processor and it would utilize fully.

That was a couple of years ago and when I heard this, I wasl ike, " holy shit, quad core processor, you gotta to be out of your ****ing mind."

How times have changed.

Looks interseting though.

Victor Von Doom
Game's taking ****ing ages.

jaden101
i heard its the replacement to max payne...thought it looked like him as well...

Smasandian
Really, its a replacement for Max Payne?

Wow, I cant really see that.

Or, do you just mean the actual character?

I loved the Max Payne games. Wicked gameplay and great art direction. The second game is awesome and has one of my favourite levels in any game with the funhouse.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Smasandian

I loved the Max Payne games. Wicked gameplay and great art direction. The second game is awesome and has one of my favourite levels in any game with the funhouse.

Along with bullet time, a serious good storyline.

Smasandian
Yeah, it was pretty cool.

I recently bought the second game for 9 bucks. Just amazing.

BackFire
Max Payne games are awesome. They need to make a third one.

jaden101

from what i'm told...they aren't doing another max payne game...they pretty much took the look of him and slapped him into this game instead

Smasandian
They eventually will do one sooner or later.

But the atmosphere in the game was killer. Especially those little tv shows you could watch.

@st
You would think they would want to do a Max Payne game to come out around the movie.

Smasandian
Yeah, it would make sense.

I assuming that the company is rather small, and the movie was announced after Alan Wake started in development.

But thats all an assumption. I could be completely wrong.

Morridini
Seems interesting, was pretty glad to see that they were humans in the video of Alan at the Lighthouse, was kinda afraid they would add monsters to it.

WrathfulDwarf
All we know it's that is some guy in woods trying to uncover a mystery. This game could have some traits of GTA and Oblivion.

Kazenji
PC version has been cancelled.

WickedDynamite
Finally! The game I been hearing for five years is finally release @ Midnight. I'm going to check it out.

Phanteros
thread already has been made

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Finally! The game I been hearing for five years is finally release @ Midnight. I'm going to check it out.

I just got to Episode 3... I really like it.

WickedDynamite
Me too! I love the dark and haunting scenery of this game. The story so far got me hooked. Not dissapointed at all...

Smasandian
Picked it up.

I haven't played it much but the graphics are awesome. They might not be uber great like God Of War 3 or something but artistically, they are superb.

The only game where I feel that I'm in an actual forest.

Kazenji
I heard from a review this game IS actually scary unlike other games which say its scary and it is'nt.

Mandrag Ganon
I just beat it about 40 minutes ago, and truly believe it to be well worth buying.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I heard from a review this game IS actually scary unlike other games which say its scary and it is'nt.

eh... I wouldn't call it scary... but I would definitely call it very suspenseful.

I haven't played it much but the graphics are awesome. They might not be uber great like God Of War 3 or something but artistically, they are superb.

The only game where I feel that I'm in an actual forest.

I can't agree more, the environment was beautifully crafted in this game, there were points when I just had to stop and admire the scenery.

Ms.Marvel
why are people comparing this to heavy rain? ermm

theyre nothing alike

Smasandian
They are not but I can see the resemblance with the story so far.

FistOfThe North
i'm on ep 5. this is what Slient Hill should've been like. i love how it plays like a tv show kinda. (especially when you beat the stages) i love how the possesed come out and look like espesially from far away.

the lighting in the game great. probably the best lighting in any game ever although bloom effects were, at times, over done.

imo this game beats out Silent Hill and maybe, just maybe, even resident evil cause that how you do survival horror as a whole.

WickedDynamite
This game is very enchanting...haven't felt this way for a game since Siberia (except this one is more of horror theme than fantasy) still, at this point the game have not disapointed me. I'm gonna try the Nightmare difficulty next.

Phanteros
Resident evil status as horror seems iffy now.

Mandrag Ganon
Unlike most games, this one didn't make me really dread running out of ammo as much... Yea, you couldn't do anything to really hurt the taken... but, it is fun as hell just running away from them IMO.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Phanteros
Resident evil status as horror seems iffy now.

why because of games like l4d and alan wake?

Nemesis X
I can't get the song Children of the Elder God out of my head. It's just so friggin awesome. Alan Wake has some amazing soundtracks.

FistOfThe North
it does have an amazing soundtrack. but i've noticed that they have a groovy hippiness to 'em. maybe it's just me.

Phanteros
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
why because of games like l4d and alan wake? No the direction they taken it.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I can't get the song Children of the Elder God out of my head. It's just so friggin awesome. Alan Wake has some amazing soundtracks.

That was just a cool fight when that music was playing, I thought.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phanteros
No the direction they taken it.

I'm guessing you have'nt played one of the download contents for RE5 because it shows they "Capcom" can still do Horror.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
That was just a cool fight when that music was playing, I thought.

Indeed it was. If there wasn't a stage playing Children of the Elder God while I was fighting a horde of Taken, Anderson Farm wouldn't have been my favorite level.

Mandrag Ganon
Indeed it was. If there wasn't a stage playing Children of the Elder God while I was fighting a horde of Taken, Anderson Farm wouldn't have been my favorite level.

As soon as I read the manuscript page about that fight, I was looking forward to it.

Nemesis X
Speaking of manuscripts, some of them are like spoilers. You read them and later on in the game, you get some major deja vu.

My favorite characters in this game are the Anderson brothers. They may be crazy old farts but they're awesome. Barry is funny as heck and he made me lol when he called his headlight "the flaming eye of Mordor."

Smasandian
Speaking of manuscripts, some of them are like spoilers. You read them and later on in the game, you get some major deja vu.

My favorite characters in this game are the Anderson brothers. They may be crazy old farts but they're awesome. Barry is funny as heck and he made me lol when he called his headlight "the flaming eye of Mordor."

It's not spoilers.

It's foreshadowing. The creators want you to feel that way. It's meant to push you further in the game with more urgency.

Just finished it. Wicked game. The best of the year from me so far because it took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting the game to be as good as it was.

It could be better. More varied enemies, locations and such but whatever, it was a ****ing treat to play.

Mandrag Ganon
It's not spoilers.

It's foreshadowing. The creators want you to feel that way. It's meant to push you further in the game with more urgency.

Just finished it. Wicked game. The best of the year from me so far because it took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting the game to be as good as it was.

It could be better. More varied enemies, locations and such but whatever, it was a ****ing treat to play.

I am seeing great possibilities for a sequel.

Smasandian
At the end of the credits, it says Alan Wake's journey continues.

So a few DLC episodes and a sequel I would assume.

Phanteros
Why not make a sequel?

Smasandian
They probably will.

But they probably bridging it with DLC content like new episodes.

With a sequel, people expect for the game to be different or new compared to the old one while DLC is much cheaper and more forgiving when it comes to consumers. They can release a new episode without having to do much new stuff.

FistOfThe North
just beat this.

it's probably the most trippiest game i've played so far this year. the dream sequences are even trippier than max payne's dreams. and his dreams were wako.

i really have no complaints with the game. i love how lighting looked in the game and it's utilization was very inventive. i'll have to say that it's the best horror based video game i've ever played. a great yet twisted story, it played out like a novel with crazy suspense. and the sounds and soundtrack were killer. i love how that song "ground control to major tom" played as the final credits rolled.

9/10. the game had some camera issues during battles scene but nothing major enough to take away from the experience but still could've done without. i died sometimes because the damn thing would straighten out when it counted.

Mandrag Ganon
At the end of the credits, it says Alan Wake's journey continues.

So a few DLC episodes and a sequel I would assume.

Most definitely... One piece of DLC is set to come out next month isn't it?

And I am kinda predicting 2 sequels... Trilogies seem to have been the thing to do for some time.

Nemesis X
Is it injustice of me to think it's awesome seeing police getting their butts kicked by a supernatural force? 'Cause to me, it's awesome watching the Dark Presence owning the police plus a FBI helicopter.

Mandrag Ganon
Naw, the police deserved it. They shouldn't have given Barbara Jagger any speeding tickets.

Nemesis X
I just downloaded the new epsiode "The Signal" this morning. I must say, I was tired as heck when I started downloading this but when the download was done and I began playing it, it gave me one serious wake up call. The DLC is as entertaining as it is frightening and the ending is almost mind blowing for it's not everyday you fight your insane-self who lives in a flying HDTV surrounded by flying standard models and after you're done with your carnage on the electronic devices, you wake up meeting Dr. Hartman (again) but you're still in the dream world btw. What also gives this DLC an extra plus is the return of Barry Wheeler and his witty humor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.