hardcore fans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
You guys take SW too seriously i mean theres more to life then SW . Your every day is spend talking about SW. You guys will except anything related to sw.

1.The thing is its only a movie

2. Theres more to life then sw

3. There are other movies that are better then sw

Thanks you smile

queeq
1. True
2. True
3. True
4. So?

General G
Yeah, no kidding.

queeq
Hehehe

coolmovies
star wars is old

queeq
So am I. wink

coolmovies
me too anyway Lotr changed my life just like sw did to yours. Nice to see Lotr fans following your footsteps

Tangible God
Originally posted by coolmovies
You guys take SW too seriously i mean theres more to life then SW . Your every day is spend talking about SW. You guys will except anything related to sw.

Thanks you smile I put grammar above SW. For example, your use of the word "except" is out of place. Perhaps you meant "accept?"

Fix this, or don't bother drinking Kool-Aid again.

queeq
laughing out loud

coolmovies
sorry

Sesse
* -> star

SW > Sex.
Sex @ D* => Life

LIFE^2 = SW^4

General G
laughing out loud

coolmovies
ohh shut it will u

queeq
Super math.

General G
Pure mathematics.

coolmovies
mathematics with force

queeq
Says it all.

Lt. Valerian

Thanks you smile

Then why are you even here...? confused

queeq
To tell us these things.

Lt. Valerian
Right, of course.

queeq
Exactly.

Darth Subjekt
are you sure?

queeq
Always.

The big EH

Thanks you smile
1. true
2. true
3. blasphomy! there is no movie better than star wars (ep. 4 and 5 anyway)

coolmovies
I am proud of SW fans becouse they are the very best . They know everything about sw and the force

queeq
You make it sound rather sad. wink

exanda kane
It flippin' is!!!

queeq
Oh yeah.

Lord Knightfa11
star wars is awesome. forums are awesome

this so called life that people blabber incessently is overrated. if you go outside a brilliant orb burns your eyes and turns your skin from beautiful white to a dimal tan or red color. and then people want to talk about something besides star wars. seriously. dont go out there.

coolmovies
I'll never post again sad

queeq
You know you will.

Sesse

1.The Thing, is its only a movie

1) Yes. The Thing was directed by John Carpenter in 1982 Shhh... Its not real. Just a movie.

2) I dont know Theres, but she sounds nice.
3) The thing is definately not one of those!
Happy Dance

Tangible God
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
star wars is awesome. forums are awesome

this so called life that people blabber incessently is overrated. if you go outside a brilliant orb burns your eyes and turns your skin from beautiful white to a dimal tan or red color. and then people want to talk about something besides star wars. seriously. dont go out there. And what with everything causing cancer nowadays, we need a little hope in our lives. Star Wars does that. It reminds us all that there's something greater out there than us.

Namely life, but that's irrelevant.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Tangible God
And what with everything causing cancer nowadays, we need a little hope in our lives. Star Wars does that. It reminds us all that there's something greater out there than us.

Namely life, but that's irrelevant.

yea... going outside can give you skin cancer. eating out of aluminum can give you altzheimers.

ow.-- proof of this and that i have a life is that i was at an airsoft war in a freinds barn, and i was shooting at a guy, and i went to jump off of the haystack i was on to a lower one, and i fell like 20 feet and landed on my leg the wrong way. and i got a ropeburn from clawing at the hay as i fell. so now im in pain for doing real life. it never pays stick out tongue

chik4lit
Slightly on topic:

How many people have actually been to a SW or a general SF convention?

queeq
Not me.

chik4lit

Thanks you smile

I think this is really interesting actually. I'm writing a paper for my subcultures class on SW Fandom, and I am curious as to why people can get kind of hostile towards SW fans. So, coolmovies, why exactly do you think it's necessary to inform us that we're losers?

queeq
We're not Trekkies or anything.

chik4lit
We have conventions. We are a subculture.

queeq
Most of us are not nerds. We know it's fantasy, we don't live it.

Sesse
But we could be... eek!

Robes and sabers ho! Lets begin the show.

chik4lit
I agree, we are not as bad as Trekkies, but SW fans bring their own je ne sais quoi to the world of SF fandom.

Blax_Hydralisk
If you'd like to see hardcore Star Wars fans.. look inside the vs. forum.

queeq
That's exactly why I don't go there.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by chik4lit
Slightly on topic:

How many people have actually been to a SW or a general SF convention?

ive been to quite a few
i get embarrassed FOR the SW fans who dress up
not the 501st troopers but for the Leias and Anakins etc
ive seen some sad strange people out there

queeq
Oh.. the stories you could tell.

chik4lit
Oh, midnight showing memories.

queeq
Sweet.

coolmovies
Originally posted by queeq
Most of us are not nerds. We know it's fantasy, we don't live it.

you will except anything roll eyes (sarcastic)

chik4lit
Like....?

queeq
you will except anything roll eyes (sarcastic)

Except?

Sadako of Girth
Accept anything..?

Well thats true in the sense that your opening post has spawned a thread somehow.

stick out tongue

queeq
Good one.

vintageSW77
Oh.. the stories you could tell.

.....................well there was the time with the slave Leia

i didnt know where to put these but i visited my aunt who i havent seen in maybe 25 years due to her leaving the uk in the early 80s and she had a bunch of my old drawings from when i was a kid and various toys she had kept
sadly no Vinyl cape Jawas just a battered FONZ figure which had gone yellow and a few toy cars and.......................................MY STAR WARS SCRAPBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought it was gone for ever.......actually i forgot all about it but ill admit i shed a tear when i saw it and the memories came flooding back
she used to babysit me and helped me put it together
here are some of the pages featuring cuttings and the original trading cards attatched
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301311.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301312.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301313.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301314.jpg

vintageSW77
and a few more
some nice clippings from xmas 77!
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301315.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301317.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301318.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301319.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj275/vintageSW77/S7301320.jpg

Sesse
Nice, but from who did Carrie copy her style from? Rocky Balboa?!

vintageSW77
thats 70s fashion for you

Sadako of Girth
Thats cool, Vintage...!! yes

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by vintageSW77
ive been to quite a few
i get embarrassed FOR the SW fans who dress up
not the 501st troopers but for the Leias and Anakins etc
ive seen some sad strange people out there

I've met several 501 troopers and even worked with one. The ones I met were pretty cool, the one I worked with and her husband... well... not so much.

queeq
Great stuff, Vintage! Superb.

vintageSW77
superb but a little musty
its a nice little nostalgia fest though

queeq
Musty is part of the fun. It has aged, just like you. wink

skywalker833

Thanks you smile

1. No

2. True

3. No

Star wars is awesome. That's all there is to it.

queeq
Pwned.

Lord Knightfa11
not really. There are better movies somewhere in the universe, i justhaven't seen any.

queeq
That's not even close to an argument.

Lord Knightfa11
make me make an arguement.

skywalker833
no.

JediRobin23
LOTR is gay. Froto and Sam are gay, actually all 4 of those hobbits are gay. Orlando bloom or legolas is gay. The only cool guy is Aragorn.

Star Wars rules.

Lord Knightfa11
LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FupAJKItvag&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=lord+of+the+rings+guy+is+gay&hl=en&sitesearch=

HAHAHAHA

JediRobin23
exactly, there all homos (including backstreet Boys)
wow, I remember them being gay back when I was in high school

exanda kane
Originally posted by skywalker833
1. No

2. True

3. No

Star wars is awesome. That's all there is to it.

1. Two films only that are worth the praise.

2. I think there was more implied in the question than you acknowledged in your answer. Enjoy life!

3. Definitely better films.

Luke Skywalker is equally, in your words, as 'gay' as the four Hobbits, if not more. Lord of the Rings was a better overall trilogy than Star Wars, just so ye knows - albiet with no Empire Strikes Back!. Homophobe with bad taste.

I win.

skywalker833
Originally posted by JediRobin23
LOTR is gay. Froto and Sam are gay, actually all 4 of those hobbits are gay. Orlando bloom or legolas is gay. The only cool guy is Aragorn.

Star Wars rules.
Agreed. Aragorn is the only cool guy.

skywalker833
Originally posted by exanda kane

2. I think there was more implied in the question than you acknowledged in your answer. Enjoy life!

Luke Skywalker is equally, in your words, as 'gay' as the four Hobbits, if not more. Lord of the Rings was a better overall trilogy than Star Wars, just so ye knows - albiet with no Empire Strikes Back!. Homophobe with bad taste.

I win.
So naive...

exanda kane
I'd expect someone who apparently lives on 'Coruscant' to say something as brilliant as that. Toodles.

coolmovies
You dont like Lotr becouse the hobbits are gay ?? ok what if i said vader had a crush on leia ??

You forgot gandalf

queeq
Gandalf is also gay.

coolmovies
Star Wars is Gay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Knightfa11
So is the balrog.

queeq
Very.

Lord Knightfa11
Indeed.

queeq
Copy cat.

skywalker833
SW owns Lotr, there!

Lord Knightfa11
Copy cat.

Imitation is the sincirest form of complement.

Lord Knightfa11
copy cat.

JediRobin23

I win.

Luke Skywalker may be a whiner is ANH, but hes not gay.
4 hobbits hugging and touching eachother every 5 minutes seems gay to me. Also, talking to eachother like there in love and care so dearly about eachothers feelings. Sounding like women. And they like to cry and wine and bit%h about how there not going to make it home to the shire.

skywalker833
laughing

Tangible God
4 hobbits hugging and touching eachother every 5 minutes seems gay to me. Also, talking to eachother like there in love and care so dearly about eachothers feelings. Sounding like women. And they like to cry and wine and bit%h about how there not going to make it home to the shire. Luke encounters Leia in several provocative situations and doesn't even flinch, the exception being an inherently incestuous kiss to which his smugness was a manifestation of his rivalry for Han's affection.(If Leia wants Luke, then Han's ripe for the taking.) And that haircut, and his naivety, and willingness to follow a strange old man who "knew his father" anywhere... sounds kinda queero-sexual.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Tangible God
Luke encounters Leia in several provocative situations and doesn't even flinch, the exception being an inherently incestuous kiss to which his smugness was a manifestation of his rivalry for Han's affection.(If Leia wants Luke, then Han's ripe for the taking.) And that haircut, and his naivety, and willingness to follow a strange old man who "knew his father" anywhere... sounds kinda queero-sexual.

???????????????????????

Stun
stay away from old hermits, basically

Lord Knightfa11
4 hobbits hugging and touching eachother every 5 minutes seems gay to me. Also, talking to eachother like there in love and care so dearly about eachothers feelings. Sounding like women. And they like to cry and wine and bit%h about how there not going to make it home to the shire. they dont hug and touch each other. You must understand that they are a peaceful, caring, natural race, and gayness doesnt exist in their universe (especially since it was written in the 50s, i mean, common) They are also alot like if you took children away from their home, they would wine about not getting to see it again. They don't act as if they are in love, they act as if they are a different race, where the men can be sensetive and helpful to eachother.

evil face Aren't you glad we arent hobbits? evil face

thus the nazgul sig.

Stun
they're just covering it up (The Emperor doesnt look kindly on homosexuals) yet he incourages it where ewoks and gungans are concerned

exanda kane
4 hobbits hugging and touching eachother every 5 minutes seems gay to me. Also, talking to eachother like there in love and care so dearly about eachothers feelings. Sounding like women. And they like to cry and wine and bit%h about how there not going to make it home to the shire.

No, Luke's well gay.

coolmovies
Does it matter whoes gay or not ? I mean John borrowman is gay but i still watch dr who

queeq
No, Luke's well gay.

Bi at least.

Lord Knightfa11
ok enough. NOBODIES GAY! stfu

queeq
Hmm... rather an aggressive response. Sounds like you have some issues with gayness? Can't find the key to the closet to come out?

Sprat
laughing out loud

I thought Luke was pretty gay. The only girl he kissed was his sister, that can't leave a lasting impression.

Sesse
Never seen the cut out Mon Mothma scene, have we?

skywalker833
lol

JediRobin23
ok, fine, hobbits are not gay. They are sensitive people who love nature, love to smoke, drink beer, eat pork, and have a good time.

I think the term gay is getting outta hand here.

Luke may have been a player on tatooine. I'm sure he's been with girls before. He didn't seem too excited when Leia kissed him. So, hes used to chicks hitting on him. Luke is not gay.

I still would like to come into agreement that orlando bloom, or Legolas is definetly gay

*=DeathReaperr'
ok, fine, hobbits are not gay. They are sensitive people who love nature, love to smoke, drink beer, eat pork, and have a good time.

sounds kinda like me

queeq
You're gay?

wink

exanda kane

Sounds like the life to me.

queeq
You're gay too?!

*=DeathReaperr'
how is smoking, drinking beer, eating pork and having fun gay confused

General G
queeq just likes calling people gay. It makes him feel better about himself stick out tongue

queeq
Something has to. wink

General G
laughing out loud
Don't you pay for that already? wink

queeq
I have no money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.