The True Juggernaut versus Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Professor Xavier, the man who Cytorrak originally intended to behold the gem's power, finally becomes the unstoppable Juggernaut! After mastering his new powers, he is ordered by Cytorrak to kill Thanos...can the true Juggernaut succeed?!

No BFR.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1445/198244-juggernaut_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/8000/7607/106716-thanos_400.jpg

guy222
thanos wins

Symmetric Chaos
That's a great picture of Thanos. I doubt we know enough about how Xavier would use the powers.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That's a great picture of Thanos. I doubt we know enough about how Xavier would use the powers. in an alternate universe comic, Xavier-Juggernaut took over the world with relative ease...the combination of physical might, intelligence, and powerful telepathy made him a very formidable foe for heroes and villains alike

Master-Borg
Originally posted by guy222
thanos wins how?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Master-Borg
how?

Bfr.
Or kill him. Litteraly. In one way or an other.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Bfr.
Or kill him. Litteraly. In one way or an other.

No BFR.

Bentley
Thanos absorbs the gem and kills Xavier.

SpiderGauntlet
in an alternate universe comic, Xavier-Juggernaut took over the world with relative ease...the combination of physical might, intelligence, and powerful telepathy made him a very formidable foe for heroes and villains alike

What book did this happen in?

High Priest
Juggernaut is a mad man he would head bash thanos threw a steel wall.

golem370
Thanos would outsmart Marko saying your aren't **** without your force field and says it's the only reason you havn't died yet get him angry so he makes a mistake

Master-Borg
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos would outsmart Marko saying your aren't **** without your force field and says it's the only reason you havn't died yet get him angry so he makes a mistake

What does Marko have to do with this thread?

golem370
Xavier

llagrok
Thanos would eventually overcome Xavier telepathically.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by llagrok
Thanos would eventually overcome Xavier telepathically. how? this is Xavier's powerful telepathy COMBINED with Juggernaut's complete protection against telepathy and all other forms of harm

golem370
When Moondragon with the mind gem couldn't read Thanos' mind

Avlon
Xaviernaut sounds like a badass character... the only way I see him beating Thanos though is by outlasting him in a brawl.

llagrok
how? this is Xavier's powerful telepathy COMBINED with Juggernaut's complete protection against telepathy and all other forms of harm

Thanos punches his helmet off and voila, they're fighting telepathically. A fight I have no doubt that Thanos would win.

Utrigita
What feat does Thanos have to support him being more powerful then Xavier in telepathy?

If Thanos saw Xavier as beneath him then why would be enlist his help against the Goddess whom they fought on the Astral Plan???

Galan007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That's a great picture of Thanos. Because he resembles Darkseid in it? shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
Because he resembles Darkseid in it? shifty

Well it's shiny . . .

carver9
I give this to juggernaut. Totally indestructible with xaviers brilliance.

Master-Borg
Thanos punches his helmet off and voila, they're fighting telepathically. A fight I have no doubt that Thanos would win. Thanos can't get past Juggernaut's forcefield in order to remove his helmet...remember, this is Xavier, who will keep his forcefield up, not dumbass Cain Marko.

llagrok
Oh but I'm pretty sure Thanos would have no trouble making Xavier lower the forcefield.

Master-Borg
Oh but I'm pretty sure Thanos would have no trouble making Xavier lower the forcefield. I really don't see how Thanos would make Xavier lower the forcefield. Only one with magic ability on par (aka Thor) could lower the 'magical' forcefield that Juggernaut wields...it's not a physical barrier, rather it's magical in nature....so no amount of pounding by Thanos will even affect it in the slightest

llagrok
I really don't see how Thanos would make Xavier lower the forcefield. Only one with magic ability on par (aka Thor) could lower the 'magical' forcefield that Juggernaut wields...it's not a physical barrier, rather it's magical in nature....so no amount of pounding by Thanos will even affect it in the slightest

Did I ever say that Thanos would go about it physically?

Thanos apparently has a very strong resistance to telepathy, can he can just float above Xavier. So I reckon that eventually, Xavier would lower his forcefield.

The Great Galen
Juggy takes this, Thanos is scared of Hulk for crying out loud.

Master-Borg
Did I ever say that Thanos would go about it physically?

Thanos apparently has a very strong resistance to telepathy, can he can just float above Xavier. So I reckon that eventually, Xavier would lower his forcefield.

why would Xavier lower his forcefield? it makes no sense for him to make himself vulnerable.

Thanos may resist Xavier's telepathy, but Xaviernaut will battle it out against Thanos fiercely, and eventually (it may take weeks) Thanos will wear down, while Xaviernaut won't.

llagrok
why would Xavier lower his forcefield? it makes no sense for him to make himself vulnerable.

Thanos may resist Xavier's telepathy, but Xaviernaut will battle it out against Thanos fiercely, and eventually (it may take weeks) Thanos will wear down, while Xaviernaut won't.

Xavier hardly used his forcefield in the What If.

He also has to lower his forcefield in order to punch Thanos, doesn't he? Xavier is more intelligent, this doesn't mean that Thanos can't dodge his punches. Xavier seemed to lower his forcefield to remove Colossus' telepathic resistance thing.

The Great Galen
Wasn't Thanos nearly defeated by Champion?

Mindset
I really don't see how Thanos would make Xavier lower the forcefield. Only one with magic ability on par (aka Thor) could lower the 'magical' forcefield that Juggernaut wields...it's not a physical barrier, rather it's magical in nature....so no amount of pounding by Thanos will even affect it in the slightest

Thanos uses magic, not sure how strong it is though. He did make Deadpool immortal.

llagrok
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Wasn't Thanos nearly defeated by Champion?

You mean when he defeated Champion w/power gem?

Master-Borg
Xavier hardly used his forcefield in the What If.

He also has to lower his forcefield in order to punch Thanos, doesn't he? Xavier is more intelligent, this doesn't mean that Thanos can't dodge his punches. Xavier seemed to lower his forcefield to remove Colossus' telepathic resistance thing.

as far as I understand, Juggernaut's forcefield isn't a bubble that encircles him (like Magneto's forcefield), it's just an invisible barrier that basically covers him, but he can punch and fight with it on.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Mindset
Thanos uses magic, not sure how strong it is though. He did make Deadpool immortal. I'm not aware of any innate magical abilities Thanos may possess.

llagrok
as far as I understand, Juggernaut's forcefield isn't a bubble that encircles him (like Magneto's forcefield), it's just an invisible barrier that basically covers him, but he can punch and fight with it on.

He has to active it himself and from what we saw, Xavier doesn't use it smile

Master-Borg
He has to active it himself and from what we saw, Xavier doesn't use it smile

well, he didn't need to...he didn't face anyone as formidable as Thanos

it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he would raise the shield against an opponent as deadly as Thanos

but I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this point, as I think he will raise the shield and you think he won't

also, Thanos rarely ever uses telepathy to defeat his foes...and it's questionable if he could beat Xavier telepathically

so I think it comes down to a physical battle, in which Xaviernaut will eventually emerge victorious

Mindset
I'm not aware of any innate magical abilities Thanos may possess.

Well he did make Deadpool immortal, and I believe I've seen a scan where he says he uses magic, but beyond that I haven't seen it. embarrasment

Mr. Slippyfist
Couldn't Thanos just scramble his brain like he did against Fallen One?

Superboy Prime
This is funny...

"Thanos wins. I don't know how, or when....but he will win because he is Thanos."

batdude123
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
This is funny...

"Thanos wins. I don't know how, or when....but he will win because he is Thanos."

Exactly.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Couldn't Thanos just scramble his brain like he did against Fallen One?

I don't really see how unless you assume Xaviernaut won't raise his shields...even then, you have to assume Thanos can get past an Xavier's mental defenses (augmented by the power of Cytorrak)

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't really see how unless you assume Xaviernaut won't raise his shields...even then, you have to assume Thanos can get past an Xavier's mental defenses (augmented by the power of Cytorrak) Did he really use his shields anyway?

It seemed like he just scrambled his brain, rather than read it, etc... srug
I don't know how it works... but it seemed like a question I felt to ask.

Master-Borg
honestly I don't know if he used his shields...prob not. then again, he didn't really face any threat where he needed to use his shields. Xaviernaut took over the world relatively easily using his unstoppable force, intelligent strategy, and telepathic mind reading to anticipate his enemies' moves before they could even react.

carver9
Well you have to think about this, without the shield juggernaut is still COMPLETELY invulnerable. Theres next to nothing that has ever pierced his skin UNDER magic.

This would be a hard match up for thanos even without the shield because you have two powerhouses and one of them has unlimited strength and is invulnerable against a being of unimagine power and durability is incredible but not on juggernauts term. The thing that would decide the ending of this battle is if thanos has enough power to get past juggernaut durability. I know for a fact that he wont be able to get past the shields.

This is basically a battle of whos stamina is greater and with that, I give this battle to juggernaut. Wolverine claws has seemed to pierce everyone in marvel comics, even the great odin but fails to get past juggernaut durability.

Good fight though.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by carver9
Well you have to think about this, without the shield juggernaut is still COMPLETELY invulnerable. Theres next to nothing that has ever pierced his skin UNDER magic.

This would be a hard match up for thanos even without the shield because you have two powerhouses and one of them has unlimited strength and is invulnerable against a being of unimagine power and durability is incredible but not on juggernauts term. The thing that would decide the ending of this battle is if thanos has enough power to get past juggernaut durability. I know for a fact that he wont be able to get past the shields.

This is basically a battle of whos stamina is greater and with that, I give this battle to juggernaut. Wolverine claws has seemed to pierce everyone in marvel comics, even the great odin but fails to get past juggernaut durability.

Good fight though.

there's no question that Thanos won't be able to physically injure Xaviernaut...the only question is IF Xaviernaut does not use shields, will Thanos be able to overpower him telepathically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.