Lil Wayne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zjtrivium
This is not an appreciation thread, I hate this guy. I always hated him, but this video really brought how much this guy sucks to my attention.

QToACoaR96c

Blue_Hefner
Thank you

chithappens
OMG about time someone found that Musiq Soulchild! I been saying that for a good minute

Blue_Hefner
He's on Jay dick for real

chithappens
Well I commented on the video. I'm drowningfishs. Too lazy to copy and paste what I said in comment LOL

red g jacks
all rappers are "swagger jackers." if they aren't re-using words they're sampling beats or even re-using samples/beats that have already been used by other rappers. the industry is built on it.

wayne is decent, he has a lot of dick-riders and so also a lot of hate from people who dont really give him a chance.

also those pictures of him kissing birdman are fake they were engineered by mobb deep fans to divert attention from havoc's heart sweater. http://www.myspace.com/kejuanmuchita

Healing Artisan
Originally posted by red g jacks
all rappers are "swagger jackers." if they aren't re-using words they're sampling beats or even re-using samples/beats that have already been used by other rappers. the industry is built on it.

wayne is decent, he has a lot of dick-riders and so also a lot of hate from people who dont really give him a chance.

also those pictures of him kissing birdman are fake they were engineered by mobb deep fans to divert attention from havoc's heart sweater. http://www.myspace.com/kejuanmuchita

horrible generalization, but i do agree that the industry is bullshit. real hip hop is still out there though.

red g jacks
yea...? well what's real hip hop and who gets to decide?

Blue_Hefner
KRS-ONE

red g jacks
interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxPm0TZcqHU

Blue_Hefner
Yeah, and?

ragesRemorse
I hope lil wayne rips off emenim so he can have his career ended like benzino, Ja rule and canibus.

Alpha Centauri
Canibus is doing just fine, actually.

Eminem only "won" that because he was more famous and had many more fans. Besides his debut album, he's never had half the skill or ability of Canibus.

-AC

Papa Smurph
Wow, how, lame you can do this with every rapper. Method Man has flipped entire verses but you'll never see anyone call him a swagger jacker.

Papa Smurph
yea...? well what's real hip hop and who gets to decide?

Backpackers who listen to abominable trash like Aesop Rock/Atmosphere and the 'soulful' sounds of Little Brother and quote washed up has-beens like KRS. While also rebuking anything that even has a hint of good production/mainstream play.

chithappens
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Backpackers who listen to abominable trash like Aesop Rock/Atmosphere and the 'soulful' sounds of Little Brother and quote washed up has-beens like KRS. While also rebuking anything that even has a hint of good production/mainstream play.

WTF is he trying to say?

Using some extra vocab does not make that sound intelligent

Deathblow
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Eminem only "won" that because he was more famous and had many more fans. Besides his debut album, he's never had half the skill or ability of Canibus.

-AC

In terms of raw ability, I don't think he has anything on Eminem. Canibus has never been anything more than, at best, quite interesting.

Alpha Centauri
I prefer Eminem's music, in terms of...The Slim Shady LP.

I prefer Eminem on that album over anything Canibus has done, but on average, when you include most of The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show and Encore, I think Canibus wins.

-AC

chithappens
Someone is underestimating Eminem quite a bit

Healing Artisan
the only Canibus album i'd listen to is 'Rip The Jacker' and thats mainly due to Stoupe's produciton. I'd probalby take Slim Shady LP over any other Canibus album besdies Rip the Jacker.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by chithappens
Someone is underestimating Eminem quite a bit

Better to do that than be one of the millions who over-estimate him because he took it up the ass and catered for them.

-AC

Papa Smurph
WTF is he trying to say?

Using some extra vocab does not make that sound intelligent

The fact that you thought that some of the words in that post were 'extra vocab' speaks volumes about yourself. smile

FistOfThe North
Canibus way, way better than Eminem? A gross underestimation, if you ask me. I remember someone saying that Eminem's the white Canibus and Canibus is the Black Eminem.

They're both sick lyricist who'd sh*t on about 80% of rappers from then and now. To me they're both almost on the same level lyrically when it comes to writing rhymes, they just on a different scale same balanced level just 2 different scales. They're both on different sh*t.

But Lil' Wayne, aw man. lol. He really thinks he ill. Like he swears it. The greatest rapper alive? lmao. More like the "greatest rapper alive in his mind."

G.R.A.I.H.M, for real.

Alpha Centauri
"You make my pee-pee go: d-doing, doing, doing.".

Lyrical genius.

-AC

chithappens
The fact that you thought that some of the words in that post were 'extra vocab' speaks volumes about yourself. smile

Personally, I don't think it takes a verbose articulation to get a point across. The words were used incorrectly and that was the reason for my extra, super duper sarcasm.

chithappens

Lyrical genius.

-AC

That's from "Ass Like That." Eminem gets props from me for talking about a variety of subjects and never taking himself to seriously. He is just a really silly dude who will say whatever comes to mind. It can come off very childish but it's important to take entire albums in context and not just a few silly lines.

Deathblow

Lyrical genius.

-AC

I don't think anyone's saying he's not a lazy cop out these days. But if he wanted to, if he was still hungry, he'd still be writing rhymes Canibus (who's also provided some choice lines of stupidity over the course of his often nonsensically pompous career) could never match. It's a shame how fame and fortune can change some artists.

chillmeistergen
To be fair, some of the stuff on Eminem's new mix tape actually sounds pretty good. It doesn't sound like the lazy, crowd pleasing artist he's become, but more of the surprising individualist we once knew.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

They're both sick lyricist who'd sh*t on about 80% of rappers from then and now.

Agreed. Dunno why but there's something about Eminem's flow that I just like a lot.

Alpha Centauri
Eminem now couldn't shit on anyone.

He hasn't been worthy since The Slim Shady LP.

-AC

Papa Smurph
Personally, I don't think it takes a verbose articulation to get a point across. The words were used incorrectly and that was the reason for my extra, super duper sarcasm.

What words were used incorrectly and were too big for you to grasp?

Stick to your Eminem garbage.

Blax_Hydralisk
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
That's from "Ass Like That." Eminem gets props from me for talking about a variety of subjects and never taking himself to seriously. He is just a really silly dude who will say whatever comes to mind. It can come off very childish but it's important to take entire albums in context and not just a few silly lines.

What? No, Ass like That was turgid shit. There's no "album context" about it. How can you even make excuses for that?

-AC

Healing Artisan

-AC completley agree^

red g jacks
WTF is he trying to say?

Using some extra vocab does not make that sound intelligent lemme break it down in terms we all understand:

yall hatin

Deathblow

-AC

That's the only album of his I like or own as well. Doesn't have any bearing on ability though, which is what we're talking about. Just because he no longer feels the need to showcase it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Anyway, even if you do want to judge them on those terms, this is Canibus we're talking about. He's also made just the one good album, and unlike The Slim Shady LP, it's not a classic.

lemme break it down in terms we all understand:

yall hatin

A phrase which can nearly always (and certainly in this case) be translated to: ''y'all having opinions I disagree with and are refusing to accept my views as superior''.

'Hatin''. Please.

chithappens
What? No, Ass like That was turgid shit. There's no "album context" about it. How can you even make excuses for that?

-AC

That entire album was not shit. By album context, I don't mean a running theme, I just mean the tone he has throughout but not like a thesis statement or something like that.

Now if you want to talk about an artist who no longer brings it consistently we can go to Nas. I listen to "Illmatic" and then to anything after "It Was Written" and he hardly ever brings it the same. Nas continues to say some stuff that is on point, but his delivery is weak now.

chithappens

This guy sounds like he's trying to be the Judge Magistre or something. You state an opinion in a dominant tone like it's superior to everyone else's and don't even give a reason for saying what you say.

What rational person who is trying to have a decent discussion on hip hop would even bother taking you seriously?

Papa Smurph
laughing out loud so apparently words like rebuke and abominable is trying to be 'Judge Magistre.' Please, the fact that you found anything in that post attempting to use two dollar uncommon words says something about your general intelligence (hint: not bright).

Wuz der not enough broken English fo u playa? laughing out loud shud I be typing like dis 2 get my point across now homie?

What rational person who is trying to have a decent discussion would bother taking me seriously? People who don't listen to absolutely irredeemable garbage, like Eminem.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Deathblow
A phrase which can nearly always (and certainly in this case) be translated to: ''y'all having opinions I disagree with and are refusing to accept my views as superior''.

'Hatin''. Please. nah... you dont have to accept my views as superior.... but u should...

seriously though, how much lil wayne shit have u really listened to?
i'm not talkin about being present while the song is playing. im talkin about, actually trying to like the song? i mean it seems to me some of u make up your mind before you even hear the song.

Alpha Centauri
That entire album was not shit. By album context, I don't mean a running theme, I just mean the tone he has throughout but not like a thesis statement or something like that.

Now if you want to talk about an artist who no longer brings it consistently we can go to Nas. I listen to "Illmatic" and then to anything after "It Was Written" and he hardly ever brings it the same. Nas continues to say some stuff that is on point, but his delivery is weak now.

It really was a totally shit album, utterly deplorable.

-AC

red g jacks
em is washed up. its time for him to take some vacation time from the rap game, get his shit together, try not to become the next tragedy.

but i think he was dope while it lasted. first 3 major albums were dope. first d12 album was ok, had some good verses from him. dre's 2001 had a couple of good em verses in it... and his appearance on jay-z's renegade is one of the only times i've seen jay outshined on his own shit. RIP to rap's great white hope. it was fun while it lasted.

Healing Artisan
greatest white hope? i wouldn't consider Em the greatest white mc ever. yea he had a huge mainstream crowd, but were focusing on mc abilities.

Papa Smurph
It really was a totally shit album, utterly deplorable.

-AC

Watch dem big words patna.

PS to the Stanley trashing on God MC's:
I Am > any Em album
Stillmatic > any Em album
Lost Tapes > any Em album

truth hurts?

red g jacks
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
greatest white hope? i wouldn't consider Em the greatest white mc ever. yea he had a huge mainstream crowd, but were focusing on mc abilities. what white nigga is better than em then

FistOfThe North
what white nigga is better than em then

Yea, Eminem is/was the illest white rapper i've heard flow. But no one can never really know. There might've/may've been other unsigned hype, or some dude underground ripping it that never got the opportunity for some unfortunate reason, or some regular streetcat on the block doing it just as a habit, all of them white, that can or could or will see Eminem, hard. So we could never really know but I do know that he is/was the illest white rapper that i've heard rap, and i've heard quite a few flow and none compared.

It's just like with Micheal Jordan. He was the illest ball player in NBA history, to me. Yet i would constantly keep hearing of dudes who were better than Jordan that were just regular streetballers on the block. I've never seen them. I saw Jordan play though, and no one else i've seen compared.

So in essence, that's something you can never really know entirely. You can only go by what you know. Like the illest to you, and that's it.

red g jacks
ok i get that but if he's saying theres white dudes that are better than eminem im sure he already has someone in mind.

Healing Artisan

I Am > any Em album

truth hurts? easily^ Em had one great album, and even that doesn't touch any Nas album, but why compare to nas?

what white nigga is better than em then white nigga?

Healing Artisan
ok i get that but if he's saying theres white dudes that are better than eminem im sure he already has someone in mind. i dont listen to hip hop nowadys as much but i have some white mc's in my mind who i can say are overall better mc's than eminem.

Cage
Slug
Eyedea
Brother Ali (albino counts?)
Sage Francis
Aesop Rock

rarely listen to them^ but lyrically they top anything i've heard from Eminem.

Papa Smurph
easily^ Em had one great album, and even that doesn't touch any Nas album, but why compare to nas?

Because this dude just said Nas hasn't released anything good since It Was Written.

Actually, it looks like he said Nas didn't bring it on It Was Written either.

Blax_Hydralisk

Alpha Centauri
Technique isn't opinion.

-AC

Papa Smurph
Eh you can have arguments on music based on general consensus.

General consensus says Illmatic was a good album therefore if someone says Nas has never made a good album you just point to Illmatic.

Tastes may defer, but if the people who the album was designed for overwhelming liked it, then you're wrong to argue that album as wack.

It's just, say I don't really like it and move on. No elabo is needed.

Papa Smurph
Oh and whether the technique is good or not is.

I prefer Lil Wayne's entertaining style rap technique over Canibus's nonsensical read words out of a rhyme dictionary technique.

Healing Artisan
Because this dude just said Nas hasn't released anything good since It Was Written.

Actually, it looks like he said Nas didn't bring it on It Was Written either. didn't notice that. good point.

Deathblow

I Am > any Em album

truth hurts?

It's not the truth though is it.

You need to get it through your thick skull that music is subjective. There aren't any right or wrong answers, we don't live in a facist society that dictates what art we should appreciate and what we shouldn't. Guess what? Hip-hop is music, and no matter how much you think you know about it (even though you are simply echoing the exact same ideas all The Source reading forum heads who treat Nas' dick like their favourite theme park attraction), you really should start to accept that there are people out there who are going to disagree with you. Lots.

I'm also of the opinion Nas hasn't made a consistently good album since It Was Written. I think he's basically been repeating all the main mesages and themes he dealt with on his first two albums in a prgressively less original and interesting way. He's still a good MC (overrated though, come on, he's been put on a Beatles-like pedestal by many hip-hop fans) but I don't think he's the best, and he has released a few classic tracks since Illmatic and IWW (Fetus, Nas is Like, Star Wars), but nowhere near enough to justify the ludicrous title of ''God MC''. I don't think I'd have him in my top ten, even. And I know lots and lots of people who'd agree, not just on these forums. I live in a city that has a massive, self-contained hip-hop culture, and I bet I could run a few surveys that would open your eyes a little. Oh and by the way, who it was ''designed for''? Hip-hop (like every genre of music, don't try and say hip-hop is special and deserves it's own niche market that no other musical form can penetrate, that's so ****ing stuck up that some people think that, and defeats the point of the genre in a way) is designed for people who enjoy hip-hop. End of.

Having perfectly valid, popular opinions that don't comply with yours hurts?

Blax_Hydralisk
100% correcto yes

chithappens

I'm also of the opinion Nas hasn't made a consistently good album since It Was Written. I think he's basically been repeating all the main mesages and themes he dealt with on his first two albums in a prgressively less original and interesting way. He's still a good MC (overrated though, come on, he's been put on a Beatles-like pedestal by many hip-hop fans) but I don't think he's the best, and he has released a few classic tracks since Illmatic and IWW (Fetus, Nas is Like, Star Wars), but nowhere near enough to justify the ludicrous title of ''God MC''. I don't think I'd have him in my top ten, even. And I know lots and lots of people who'd agree, not just on these forums. I live in a city that has a massive, self-contained hip-hop culture, and I bet I could run a few surveys that would open your eyes a little. Oh and by the way, who it was ''designed for''? Hip-hop (like every genre of music, don't try and say hip-hop is special and deserves it's own niche market that no other musical form can penetrate, that's so ****ing stuck up that some people think that, and defeats the point of the genre in a way) is designed for people who enjoy hip-hop. End of.

Having perfectly valid, popular opinions that don't comply with yours hurts?

I said that in a more brash and concise way. These guys are coming off like "If you don't agree with me then **** you," and that's no way to say anything. They aren't even citing songs or anything.

It's just "this is shit" or "this is great."

Alpha Centauri
I cited an entire album and reasons as to why I think Eminem's music (Subjective) and technique (Objective) is shit now.

-AC

chithappens
Wasn't pointing you out specifically at all. Sorry if it seemed that way

red g jacks
i dont listen to hip hop nowadys as much but i have some white mc's in my mind who i can say are overall better mc's than eminem.

Cage
Slug
Eyedea
Brother Ali (albino counts?)
Sage Francis
Aesop Rock

rarely listen to them^ but lyrically they top anything i've heard from Eminem. lolok. pretty much what i was expecting.

red g jacks
i think we all know music is subjective. yet we're all here arguing it anyway aint we. thats really a pointless observation.

Deathblow
People like Papa Smurph obviously don't, and so make it necessary to point out. Arguing's cool, people who's arguments revolve around the idea that their opinions are factually superior to others, are not. Understand? I hope so.

red g jacks
just sounds like playing the victim to me. ohhh stop forcing ur beliefs on meee. in reality we all know he's just being cocky about what he thinks. theres no need to take it literal just cause he uses the word "truth" instead of "IMHO." dont get mad though, im not telling you what to do, i respect your opinion i am just voicing my own opinion on the situation in a completely subjective and non-threatening manner. imho.

Healing Artisan
lolok. pretty much what i was expecting. and you expected what?

and im not forcing anything on you.

red g jacks
i expected that kind of list from someone who tells me that 'real hip hop is still out there.' you know... offbrand underground niggas mostly repped on da webz.

i know ur not forcing me... you commented on my choice for best white mc and i commented on yours. i didnt take much time on my comment cause whatever i say isnt going to convince you anyway, if you like a nigga like sage francis then me and you obviously aint gonna agree on this. i was just wondering if maybe you heard something i havent.

Healing Artisan
i expected that kind of list from someone who tells me that 'real hip hop is still out there.' you know... offbrand underground niggas mostly repped on da webz.

i know ur not forcing me... you commented on my choice for best white mc and i commented on yours. i didnt take much time on my comment cause whatever i say isnt going to convince you anyway, if you like a nigga like sage francis then me and you obviously aint gonna agree on this. i was just wondering if maybe you heard something i havent. im completley open minded on this subject. which white mc's do you think have better skills than the ones i mentioned.

red g jacks
eminem

Healing Artisan
eminem you edited your post, so i have no idea what you said before. just eminem? i've heard most of eminem's material. lyrically he use to be good, but even back then comparing to lyrics i've heard from other white mc's, i can safely say eminem is far from being on their level of creativity, wittiness, and overall skill.

Alpha Centauri
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I6YDBghIllY

I dare anybody to say Eminem has produced a better verse on anything post-that era, than he did on that song.

He hasn't, much less a better album.

In fact, the only thing that song is missing is Meth and Red, in my opinion. Oddly enough, I think it's KRS-One that disturbs the flow of the song, and he's the veteran of them all.

-AC

Healing Artisan

I dare anybody to say Eminem has produced a better verse on anything post-that era, than he did on that song.

In fact, the only thing that song is missing is Meth and Red, in my opinion. Oddly enough, I think it's KRS-One that disturbs the flow of the song, and he's the veteran of them all.

-AC agree. Krs-One and Rza. they throw me off somewhat on this song.

Tech N9ne, Monch and Chino really impressed me on this.

Deathblow
That's the kind of thing that, had he still been alive, Big L would have been all over. I never liked the beat in that song, doesn't really evolve from the recycled Bobby Digital beat it starts off as.

just sounds like playing the victim to me. ohhh stop forcing ur beliefs on meee. in reality we all know he's just being cocky about what he thinks. theres no need to take it literal just cause he uses the word "truth" instead of "IMHO." dont get mad though, im not telling you what to do, i respect your opinion i am just voicing my own opinion on the situation in a completely subjective and non-threatening manner. imho.

Really? I actually don't doubt he believes he is ''truth''. I've met many people who are the same, some on these forums as well.

red g jacks
you edited your post, so i have no idea what you said before. just eminem? i've heard most of eminem's material. lyrically he use to be good, but even back then comparing to lyrics i've heard from other white mc's, i can safely say eminem is far from being on their level of creativity, wittiness, and overall skill. i said eminem..... then edited out the dots. dont know why just seemed kinda conscending with the dots so i edited it out.

as far as what you said i dont judge based on different criteria such as lyrically wittiness and overall skill, i just listen to what i think sounds dope and if they say something witty or deep as well then that adds to the effect but i don't break it down like that, don't really got time for all that nonsense it's just music afterall.

but i think eminem does what he does well. his rhymes just enhance the sound of the song, his placement of the words and even his whiny tone sometimes makes the whole "whiny depressed morally defficient druggie whiteboy" attitude of rap just seem to work.

i cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone can derive entertainment from the likes of sage francis, he doesn't sound like a rapper to me more like an offbrand def poetry jam reject. i mean to be kind of loose with it and unvconventional is forgivable sometimes, like with wu tang half the shit they say almost sounds like that, how they just throw in big words and have too many syllables in such a short amount of time but it works well for them, sometimes..

but sage is just like, so unconventional he's doing it just for the sake of it i think. it's too akward to get past for me.

aesop rock can be interesting at times i think he does sage's style better than sage does because he also ignores the polished, slick style that rappers usually adhere to (or the better ones). he just puts in as many big syllable ridden words as he can and i think it tends to muddle the focus of the song and make people think what he's spitting is deeper than it actually is, but sometimes you will catch the odd line that makes sense and actually does have a sense of deepness to it. he also uses better beats than sage does and even interacts with them better in his own nerdy backpack mc kinda way.

eyedea has the odd song i like but the majority of his solo work ive heard (or actually his shit with dj abilities is what i've mostly heard) is just attrocious, though i will admit im not an expert on the guy and i have heard a couple songs from him that made me say "damn..."

slug.. well i just plain dont like atmosphere. i can dig trying to find a balance, it's a catchy enough song, but most of their material is just a more modern underground tribute to throwback rap. i mean they just come off completely straightforward in their approach that they are the pretentious "real hip hop mc's" that everybody keeps talking about and to me it's just more bark than bite. they do use deep lines somewhat often but i don't think that musically they are anything special. also i am of the belief that if that stupid ***** didnt dump him he wouldnt even have the motivation to rap.

cage is ok im not really a big fan of the dude but he's doing his thing.. but i dont see how he ****s with eminem. i mean i even hear people say em bit his style. now i've only heard hells winter so maybe it's cage's old style that em bit but how the hell do they figure that? if he did bite his style then he sure as hell enhanced it as far as i'm concerned.

brother ali im not really too familiar with so i wont comment.

red g jacks

-AC its a dope ass verse... one of the dopest ive heard from him

i'd have to ask when exactly did that song drop to be able to answer your question

Healing Artisan
i said eminem..... then edited out the dots. dont know why just seemed kinda conscending with the dots so i edited it out.

as far as what you said i dont judge based on different criteria such as lyrically wittiness and overall skill, i just listen to what i think sounds dope and if they say something witty or deep as well then that adds to the effect but i don't break it down like that, don't really got time for all that nonsense it's just music afterall.

but i think eminem does what he does well. his rhymes just enhance the sound of the song, his placement of the words and even his whiny tone sometimes makes the whole "whiny depressed morally defficient druggie whiteboy" attitude of rap just seem to work.

i cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone can derive entertainment from the likes of sage francis, he doesn't sound like a rapper to me more like an offbrand def poetry jam reject. i mean to be kind of loose with it and unvconventional is forgivable sometimes, like with wu tang half the shit they say almost sounds like that, how they just throw in big words and have too many syllables in such a short amount of time but it works well for them, sometimes..

but sage is just like, so unconventional he's doing it just for the sake of it i think. it's too akward to get past for me.

aesop rock can be interesting at times i think he does sage's style better than sage does because he also ignores the polished, slick style that rappers usually adhere to (or the better ones). he just puts in as many big syllable ridden words as he can and i think it tends to muddle the focus of the song and make people think what he's spitting is deeper than it actually is, but sometimes you will catch the odd line that makes sense and actually does have a sense of deepness to it. he also uses better beats than sage does and even interacts with them better in his own nerdy backpack mc kinda way.

eyedea has the odd song i like but the majority of his solo work ive heard (or actually his shit with dj abilities is what i've mostly heard) is just attrocious, though i will admit im not an expert on the guy and i have heard a couple songs from him that made me say "damn..."

slug.. well i just plain dont like atmosphere. i can dig trying to find a balance, it's a catchy enough song, but most of their material is just a more modern underground tribute to throwback rap. i mean they just come off completely straightforward in their approach that they are the pretentious "real hip hop mc's" that everybody keeps talking about and to me it's just more bark than bite. they do use deep lines somewhat often but i don't think that musically they are anything special. also i am of the belief that if that stupid ***** didnt dump him he wouldnt even have the motivation to rap.

cage is ok im not really a big fan of the dude but he's doing his thing.. but i dont see how he ****s with eminem. i mean i even hear people say em bit his style. now i've only heard hells winter so maybe it's cage's old style that em bit but how the hell do they figure that? if he did bite his style then he sure as hell enhanced it as far as i'm concerned.

brother ali im not really too familiar with so i wont comment.

you're opinion and its valid. artist creativity makes music for me much more interesting. emotion and knowledge are what i find entertaining in any genre of music.

as i said, i rarely listen to the mc's i listed, they were just a few which i found to be on a greater level of skill compared to eminem. actually i rarely listen to hip hop nowadays.

as for Sage, he has duality in his music. reminds me of my old Philosophy professor from couple semesters back. cocky arrogant ******* who knows too much and applies it to everything he does.

he had this one line that for some reason REALLY impressed me. it was from the song Personal Journalist.

"Get off the cross!" Of course we need the wood to burn a Goddless heathen.
Catch him red handed...only if his palms are bleeding."

i believe in Christ but i didn't take this as being offensive. Just him saying 'catch him red handed' and comparing to Jesus's palms bleeding on the cross. i dunno, maybe its just me but this metaphor/sybmolism (or whatever you wanna call it) was VERY impressive.

anyway, nowadays the only hip hop i have in the car:

Nas- Mix CD
Kno vs Hov- The White Album
Clipse- Hell Hath No Fury
CunninLynguists- A Piece Of Strange

and i barely listen to them. mostly listen to Armenian and Russian songs.

stuff like this:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JyLavYNLGZU

if you guyz understand russian you might enjoy this song, but just the music itself is really nice.

red g jacks
its a clever line i'll give him that. these underground guys do tend to have poetic lyrics. i wont lie. i just think they have a thing or two to learn about making rap music.

Alpha Centauri
its a dope ass verse... one of the dopest ive heard from him

i'd have to ask when exactly did that song drop to be able to answer your question

-AC

red g jacks
so after sslp i guess then

i'd say his first verse on renegade is better
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=snxN2RTyb68

other verses i'd argue could **** with that sway&tech mix verse would be
his verse off american psycho
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFnabjJgX8

and his verse on under the influence
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDuOyBtuq8

but either way i'd say it's a close call. there arent that many verses that he's written that are better than that, before or after.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think he's done anything close to The Slim Shady LP, ever.

Back then he truly didn't think he'd ever be liked, so he just did whatever.

-AC

red g jacks
i agree sslp is the best em album... acutally a lil suprisd cause most people tell me mmlp is but i agree with you, sslp is em's best work.

the second verse one the last song of sslp is dope as ****. its so violent and creative, i dig it.

chithappens
Lil Wayne's new dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URPC0q46CcU&eurl=http://allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2008/04/08/19614559.aspx

chithappens
And about WAyne kissing Baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLEhS4knDFs&NR=1

Project Jedah
This dude got some of the illest metaphors and punchlines I have ever heard but I got some problems wit homie...

1. He's not real...

No lie, just a few months ago the guy got held hostage at a hotel in Chicago for tryin to skip out on a show he was paid to preform. Now you rap about havin "army guns" yet some how you get held hostage for 2 days in a Hyatt Hotel altho you say you got hella straps on you at all times.

2.He can't rap about serious subjects adequetly...

When it comes to riches and bitches, dudes a true beast but on a song wit serious meaning...you can basically fas forward his part, he doesn't come wit it like he usually does.

3.He be on some weird shit...

He calls Baby/BirdMan his pops despite the fact that Baby/BirdMan aint that much older than him, he could at least consider the man as his older brother. Then he always kissin'im. I think that Baby mighta touched Wayne when he was younger.

4.Dude does WAY too much cocaine.

Homie still Raw as hell...when serious topics aint involved.

red g jacks
lol... anyone see his performance on BET's "spring bling"in west palm? he was clearly on some strong shit during that performance. he ****ed up like every song they did. the best part was when he pretended to have a gun when he was standing next to birdman.... lmao... all the rumors that wayne is a dope fiend are now confirmed by a single strung out performance.

Project Jedah
lol... anyone see his performance on BET's "spring bling"in west palm? he was clearly on some strong shit during that performance. he ****ed up like every song they did. the best part was when he pretended to have a gun when he was standing next to birdman.... lmao... all the rumors that wayne is a dope fiend are now confirmed by a single strung out performance. Peeps is some real Wayne fans tho. when I told cats that the dude was on that shit, peeps acted like I was speakin blasphemy.

if they didn't know...they know now.

red g jacks
my friend was the biggest wayne fan i ever met.. he was a wayne fan even before all that carter shit dropped... and he was watching the performance with me at my house and even he was laughing at that shit sayin wayne's obviously a dope fiend. to me it's been obvious since i heard the song "i feel like dying." only a dope fiend could write that.

Eon Blue
I don't like Lil' Wayne.

Kelly_Bean
He's sexy AND I love his new "Lollipop" song. I'm addicted to it.

vintageSW77
i seen him on the front of a couple of magazines
he has an annoying face

as for his music i can guess

Zoron
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I hope lil wayne rips off emenim so he can have his career ended like benzino, Ja rule and canibus.
hey now don't be dissing my man canibus that dude is easily top 5 lyricists of all time don't know what u smoking on buddy mad

Mairuzu
Some of Lil waynes music is pretty good

lots of it sucks though

Zoron
That's the only album of his I like or own as well. Doesn't have any bearing on ability though, which is what we're talking about. Just because he no longer feels the need to showcase it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Anyway, even if you do want to judge them on those terms, this is Canibus we're talking about. He's also made just the one good album, and unlike The Slim Shady LP, it's not a classic.

'Hatin''. Please. mad canibus made only 1 good album LOL are we talking bout the same canibus all canibus albums are good except C true hollywood stories and hip hop 4 sale and rip the jacker is a classic and 2000 BC and Mic Club and For whom the beat tolls are damn near classic material can-i-bus was also good em only had 3 good albums infinite being the best

Zoron
Oh and whether the technique is good or not is.

I prefer Lil Wayne's entertaining style rap technique over Canibus's nonsensical read words out of a rhyme dictionary technique. mad

Zoron

-AC yer sir big grin smile big grin smile

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Zoron
mad canibus made only 1 good album LOL are we talking bout the same canibus all canibus albums are good except C true hollywood stories and hip hop 4 sale and rip the jacker is a classic and 2000 BC and Mic Club and For whom the beat tolls are damn near classic material can-i-bus was also good em only had 3 good albums infinite being the best I have to agree with Deathblow. Rip The Jacker was his best material. Everything else I thought was good, but nothing special.

Naija boy
To say that this guy is garbage is a huge compliment. With his repetitive flows and skool boy metaphors he just pisses me off. U want to listen to a real punchline artist go listen to Big L.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.