Kas'im v Dooku (I am mainly interested in sword skill)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Light_Sith
Yes, I notice that you tend to split matches up quite strictly here, but that is good for my purpose today.

So, it goes like this:

1) Swords - the main focus

2) All out (of course the most important)

My 2 cents,

I am fond of Kas'im and he is certainly versatile - he shows that in his match against Desmond. I am curious if most think that Dooku's mastery of the classic Form is enough.

Play this out on neutral ground.

Faunus
Desmond? You mean Darth Bane (Dessel)?

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Faunus
Desmond? You mean Darth Bane (Dessel)?

Yes.

Dessel.

I prefer Desmond though.

We will just pretend that he is Desmond. Slightly better name I think.

But he is Darth Bane by the time he fights Kas'im.

darthsith19
I would say yes, Kas'im beats Dooku in sabers. Being called "The greatest swordsman of his era, perhaps of any era." is not something that should be taken lightly. Kas'im also bested Bane in saber combat - Bane only one the Force part of their duel, and that could arguably have been luck, but that's another debate. He completely obliterated a Rancor. Also, I don't have the exact quote with me, but he mastered every form of lightsaber combat to the highest degree and practiced all the forms for hours a day (or something like that).

He was a match for Bane, who was stronger than the entire rest of the Brotherhood of Darkness combined (stated on the PoD cover-flap, I believe).

Dooku is good and would likely put up a good fight against Kas'im, but I can't see him winning. Nor overall, anything Dooku throws at Kas'im I think he could block. After-all, a Force Shield, thrown up at the last second, was enough to block the portion of Bane's attack that was directed as Kas'im, and that was an attack large enough that it took Bane a few seconds to conjure it, and it was powerful enough that had it made contact with Kas'im, it would have turned him into a pulpy liquid. What does Dooku have that can top that?

Captain REX
Desmond? No... absolutely not.

I very much doubt it would have literally turned him to pulpy liquid. I know what it says in the book, thank you, before anyone goes 'But but but!' But I think that that would be absolutely ridiculous. More or less, Bane knocked down a building. A very very old one. La-tee-da.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
Desmond? No... absolutely not.

I very much doubt it would have literally turned him to pulpy liquid. I know what it says in the book, thank you, before anyone goes 'But but but!' But I think that that would be absolutely ridiculous. More or less, Bane knocked down a building. A very very old one. La-tee-da.
Alright, why do you disagree with the book? Also, knocking down an entire temple is impressive, is it not? Even if it's old, temples are powerfully built and hard to destroy.

Darth Rogers
I agree with you, darthsith19. Dooku would put up a good fight since he is an amazing duelist in his own era, but Kas'im just radiates so much more badass-ness.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by darthsith19
Alright, why do you disagree with the book? Also, knocking down an entire temple is impressive, is it not? Even if it's old, temples are powerfully built and hard to destroy.

I can confirm that knocking down the temple was impressive.

As to the force shield, I am unsure.

Seems like more of a basic defence to me, though perhaps not.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I can confirm that knocking down the temple was impressive.

As to the force shield, I am unsure.

Seems like more of a basic defence to me, though perhaps not.
The more powerful the Force Attack, the more powerful the Force Shield would need to be in order to block the attack.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by darthsith19
The more powerful the Force Attack, the more powerful the Force Shield would need to be in order to block the attack.

In classical physics this would work most times (odd waves these things are).

Anyhow, let us get back to the sword fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.