Wonder Woman Killing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blight
Did she kill anyone besides gorgans and monsters before what's-his-face?

llagrok
Not sure.

It's pretty funny that she condemned Barry Allen for killing Zoom and voted to have him expelled from the justice league. Then later on, she killed what's his face.

Blight
I had always thought she had killed a lot before that. I mean, she's Warrior Born... doesn't make sense that everyone would condemn her for doing something in her nature...

llagrok
It's like KC Batman said.

Preach peace and get ready to bloody your fist doing so.

tjcoady
I think she has.

Didn't she kill someone during the Perez era? Some storyline with Ares in it?

Soljer
Hypocritical *****.

Val
Meh

So many super heroes being against killing is a joke IMO.

roughrider
I think the other DC heroes should get off her case. Marvel heroes never got after Thor when he killed someone, before or after his Avengers days. They are both warriors born. I guess because she's supposed to represent Themyscria, they expect her to hold back.
Orion is another one who takes lives in combat. Superman may disapprove, but I don't see him refusing to associate with Orion because of it.

Blight
Yeah I really don't get it. So what if she represents Themyscara? Isn't it basically a woman's warrior tribe? I thought they were known for killing men...

llagrok
Originally posted by roughrider
I think the other DC heroes should get off her case. Marvel heroes never got after Thor when he killed someone, before or after his Avengers days. They are both warriors born. I guess because she's supposed to represent Themyscria, they expect her to hold back.
Orion is another one who takes lives in combat. Superman may disapprove, but I don't see him refusing to associate with Orion because of it.

Uhm, Odin surely got on Thor's ass.

He was depowered after he killed Loki.

Entity
Originally posted by llagrok
Uhm, Odin surely got on Thor's ass.

He was depowered after he killed Loki. How do you kill a god?

I honestly know almost nothing of Thor but having him kill Loki seems almost pointless and impossible because A.) We all know thats gonna mean jack later basically, and B.) Gods are abstracts so i don't really see how they can "be killed" erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Entity
How do you kill a god?

I honestly know almost nothing of Thor but having him kill Loki seems almost pointless and impossible because A.) We all know thats gonna mean jack later basically, and B.) Gods are abstracts so i don't really see how they can "be killed" erm

Gods aren't abstracts at all. They're just extremely powerful creatures.

Disappear
and loki's a frost giant, not a god of odin's bloodline

llagrok
How do you kill a god?

Thor absorbed Loki's life force into Mjolnir.

willRules
Originally posted by Blight
what's-his-face?

what's his face.

what's his face = Maxwell Lord

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by willRules
what's his face = Maxwell Lord No. Kind of illustrates the point of the thread.

What's his face = what's his face.

Raoul

superman's reaction was due to his own guilt at his inability to fight lord's programming, imo...

roughrider
Originally posted by Raoul
superman's reaction was due to his own guilt at his inability to fight lord's programming, imo...

I know that was part of it. Superman & Batman always try to find an alternative to killing, so they don't know how to handle it when Diana can be much easier & decisive making that choice.

Raoul
I know that was part of it. Superman & Batman always try to find an alternative to killing, so they don't know how to handle it when Diana can be much easier & decisive making that choice.

yeah, thats true... they're so alike at times, yet so completely different when it comes to issues like this...

i always thought they were quite hard on diana (even lois thought clark was overreacting), but i do see why they felt as if they did...

to be honest i think clark would have preferred she killed him rather than lord, such is his way... birthright did explore to an extent why he views life as sacredly as he does, so i can't fully disagree with his reaction...

not saying diana was right, or wrong, though...

roughrider
yeah, thats true... they're so alike at times, yet so completely different when it comes to issues like this...

i always thought they were quite hard on diana (even lois thought clark was overreacting), but i do see why they felt as if they did...

to be honest i think clark would have preferred she killed him rather than lord, such is his way... birthright did explore to an extent why he views life as sacredly as he does, so i can't fully disagree with his reaction...

not saying diana was right, or wrong, though...

Quite perceptive insight about Supes...he might actually have preferred his death over Lord's, because that's his way of seeing things. It also could be described as not seeing the forest for the trees - for what he does for the world, he shouldn't die so Maxwell Lord could live; that's how Diana saw it.
Clark's reaction was mild compared to Bruce, though - the way he shut her out. Down deep, he's still that angry 8-year old, trying to deny the reality of death.

willRules
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
No. Kind of illustrates the point of the thread.

What's his face = what's his face.

*Checks comic*

no expression

Nope, he's called Maxwell Lord, I don't see your point. no expression

Val
The point is that what's his face deserved the sweet release of death.

willRules
MAXWELL LORD!!!!! mad

WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE ABLE TO SAY HIS NAME???????? mad

Raoul
Quite perceptive insight about Supes...he might actually have preferred his death over Lord's, because that's his way of seeing things. It also could be described as not seeing the forest for the trees - for what he does for the world, he shouldn't die so Maxwell Lord could live; that's how Diana saw it.
Clark's reaction was mild compared to Bruce, though - the way he shut her out. Down deep, he's still that angry 8-year old, trying to deny the reality of death.

thx big grin, but yeah, bruce was quite extreme, though he does tend to go over the deep end at times, just like when he found out what the league did to him and doctor light...

Tron
How do you kill a god?

Asgard's gods aren't truly immortal like the Olympian gods.

roughrider
Originally posted by willRules
MAXWELL LORD!!!!! mad

WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE ABLE TO SAY HIS NAME???????? mad

I don't get what the in-joke is about, either.

tjcoady
Is Superman's own execution of the Kryptonian criminals no longer considered canon? Every time the subject of Superman and killing comes up, Clark acts if there is nothing more unlikely that he would ever do.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by tjcoady
Is Superman's own execution of the Kryptonian criminals no longer considered canon? Every time the subject of Superman and killing comes up, Clark acts if there is nothing more unlikely that he would ever do.

Last time I checked even thinking about killing them devastates him.

Then again Zod showed up alive recently didn't he so maybe they didn't really die? But he still thought he killed them either way.

roughrider
And doesn't Superman trust Batman with kryptonite, to kill him if he ever went rogue or out of control? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Raoul
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Last time I checked even thinking about killing them devastates him.

Then again Zod showed up alive recently didn't he so maybe they didn't really die? But he still thought he killed them either way.

Alternate universe zod, though i dont know if its still canon...

And doesn't Superman trust Batman with kryptonite, to kill him if he ever went rogue or out of control? Seems a bit hypocritical.

but superman values other lives above his own... an evil superman means lots of deaths, so he'd gladly give up his own life to spare them...

Entity
Superman is an arrogant self righteous prick that thinks his way is the only way and that's all there is to his. His opinion is right and that's the end of it.

that's why when he deems it necessary to kill someone its ok but with everyone else its wrong regardless of the circumstances!

Everyone remember Dark Knight Returns when he said Bat's couldn't be allowed to kill Joker, regardless of the countless people that had died and would continue to die do to his being allowed to live?

But let someone with more power than Supes come on to the scene and Clark will deem when its ok pretty quick unless they agree with almost exactly his view point on the use of their power.

He wasn't talking about killing him, "YET" but look how quick he got on Kyle's case when he gained the classic Ion power!
And Kyle had done nothing but help and good with his new abilities!

Raoul
Superman is an arrogant self righteous prick that thinks his way is the only way and that's all there is to his. His opinion is right and that's the end of it.

that's why when he deems it necessary to kill someone its ok but with everyone else its wrong regardless of the circumstances!

Everyone remember Dark Knight Returns when he said Bat's couldn't be allowed to kill Joker, regardless of the countless people that had died and would continue to die do to his being allowed to live?

But let someone with more power than Supes come on to the scene and Clark will deem when its ok pretty quick unless they agree with almost exactly his view point on the use of their power.

He wasn't talking about killing him, "YET" but look how quick he got on Kyle's case when he gained the classic Ion power!

blink

Bad Ash231

Very true. 131

Phantom Zone
blink

Damn not being bad Raoul but I think you got owned...in a nice way of course....not that sort of way....gonna shut up now.

Anyway my fav villain I think is Kang, too tired to explain.

Raoul
i actually disagree with all of that... but i think entity and i have had our share of supes fighting...

llagrok

Superman does nothing but give and give.

Soljer

Have you ever...

You know...

Read a Superman comic?

Erik-Lensherr

Lulz

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Damn not being bad Raoul but I think you got owned...in a nice way of course....not that sort of way....gonna shut up now.

X2

llagrok
Read For Tomorrow.

Pretty good.

roughrider

No such conversation happened. You're thinking of the 'Death In The Family' storyline where Joker killed Jason Todd, and got made the new ambassador for Iran - which meant he got pardoned for all crimes past. Superman was called in to restrain Batman from attacking( and possibly killing) Joker at the U.N. but all he did was advise Bruce not to do anything he'd regret.
Superman isn't perfect and isn't always right, but he is well intentioned.

batdude123
Superman is an arrogant self righteous prick...

You're a moron.

Raoul
Originally posted by batdude123
You're a moron.

hey... being wrong doesn't make him a moron, don't be such a meanie... uhuh

batdude123

He's a moron. no expression

Symmetric Chaos

He's between 8 and 12 years old?

I have no life sad

WrathfulDwarf

Huh....

Tron

How about we NOT call each other morons, can we do that?

Thanks.

batdude123
No. sad

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Batman
You're a moron.

Originally posted by Superman

Originally posted by Batman

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Jeph Loeb
How about we NOT call each other morons, can we do that?

Thanks.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Stan "The Man" Lee
Huh....

Doctor-Alvis
I think she was justified in killing what's his face though I do entertain the possibility that she could of broke all his bones that weren't part of his torso and maybe achieved the same thing.

llagrok
You're a moron.

Careful, or El Sexo will get you peaches

Raoul
Careful, or El Sexo will get you peaches

Si!

roughrider
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think she was justified in killing what's his face though I do entertain the possibility that she could of broke all his bones that weren't part of his torso and maybe achieved the same thing.

The lasso compelled Lord to say the truth. He said "Kill Me." Diana wouldn't question the wisdom of Gaea's magic.

tjcoady
The lasso compelled Lord to say the truth. He said "Kill Me." Diana wouldn't question the wisdom of Gaea's magic.

Well, he said that there was no other way to free Superman from his control other than to kill him.

And it could have just been that Lord was wrong. The lasso of truth can't make you tell the truth if you don't know you're wrong- I mean, maybe Dr. Fate could have freed Superman from Lord's control. Or maybe the Martian Manhunter could have done it over a very, very long time. Or maybe if Maxwell Lord had his powers removed like Superman did Manchester Black, it'd work. I mean, Maxwell Lord might just have been wrong that there were no other ways- maybe he just didn't know about them.

Mr. Slippyfist
WW should have ripped what's his face in half... would have made a better spectacle to all the fans.

Raoul
Originally posted by tjcoady
Well, he said that there was no other way to free Superman from his control other than to kill him.

And it could have just been that Lord was wrong. The lasso of truth can't make you tell the truth if you don't know you're wrong- I mean, maybe Dr. Fate could have freed Superman from Lord's control. Or maybe the Martian Manhunter could have done it over a very, very long time. Or maybe if Maxwell Lord had his powers removed like Superman did Manchester Black, it'd work. I mean, Maxwell Lord might just have been wrong that there were no other ways- maybe he just didn't know about them.

you're right about that, i agree... the lasso only compels you to tell what you believe is the truth, you can't admit something you believe is a lie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.