Beowolf vs Conan vs King Leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Standard EQ.

Who wins?

Darth Martin
King Leonidas

The Fake Macoy
Beowulf, he has insane superhuman strength. He's used a sword made for giants, swam for 5 days straight with armour while fighting sea monsters, and took on a dragon when he was ancient. Beowulf was the reason that no one attacked the Geats during his rule, as they were all afraid of him.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Beowulf, he has insane superhuman strength. He's used a sword made for giants, swam for 5 days straight with armour while fighting sea monsters, and took on a dragon when he was ancient. Beowulf was the reason that no one attacked the Geats during his rule, as they were all afraid of him.

Conan. He eats these kind of monsters for breakfast. And he's infinitely more experienced and skilled. cool He's the original comic barbarian.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy

Other than killing the Dragon everything else was all lies or exaggeration. I think the water Demon had something to do with Beowulf not losing control over his kingdom. Conan actually did the types of things that Beowulf was said to have done. However, The way he took that Dragon down was pretty metal.

Leonidas is probably the most badass out of the three, but his fairy tale tellings are told as being a more average man than Conan and Beowulf. You should swap Achilles in place of leonidas

TricksterPriest
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=472207&highlight=Conan

severance
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Other than killing the Dragon everything else was all lies or exaggeration. I think the water Demon had something to do with Beowulf not losing control over his kingdom. Conan actually did the types of things that Beowulf was said to have done. However, The way he took that Dragon down was pretty metal.

Leonidas is probably the most badass out of the three, but his fairy tale tellings are told as being a more average man than Conan and Beowulf. You should swap Achilles in place of leonidas

Leonidas the most badass? You obviously never read any of the conan books. Marvel couldn't depict half the bloodthirsty sh!t Robert E Howard wrote. If he was without a weapon he was wont to tear you aprt with his bare hands!

starlock
Conan for the win

Leonidas is the weak link here

severance
King Conan definitely

celestialdemon
Conan wins. Beowulf was skilled but he definitely exaggerated his stories. Leonidas doesn't stand a chance.

guy222
conan

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

While I agree with most of what you have said, except for the Achilles part... he is more on Hercules' level and should not be in this fight.

I have a comic depicting Conan killing a dragon as well, I've read about how he broke a fully grown silverbacks neck while being locked in a test of strength. Most of Beowolf's feats were hyperbole, Conan alone would match up to him nicely.

Taking out Leonidas and putting in King Kull, would be better.

Eel O'Brian
Leo loses

leonidas
don't you have a job . . .?

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by leonidas
don't you have a job . . .? That I have to go to now.

Ouallada
Are we talking about poem or movie Beowulf here? The poem beowulf certainly wasn't a braggart.

emporerpants
in the movie they were exaggerations. in the poem, he actually did everything it described.

D-Block
Originally posted by emporerpants
in the movie they were exaggerations. in the poem, he actually did everything it described.

This is true in the poem he was the real deal. Beowulf actually out muscled Grendel and ripped his arms off IIRC.

Ouallada
Precisely. The poem Beowulf was a consumate, unflawed hero. He certainly possessed a lot of skill and strength, ripped off Grendel's arm physically, killed his mother and killed the dragon while an old man, poisoned, and with a dagger.

MightyEInherjar
I seriously suggest everyone pick up and read the Conan books Dark Horse has put out. Absolute badassery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.