EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

DigiMark007
Nobody sent in a writeup?

Evangel94
Nope. Even if they, I also don't post write-ups ahead of time to encourage you to be here on the date of your match.

Like I said earlier, this match may start out slow since I didn't see either online at the time of the posting of this thread. They may post later into the night. I sent them reminders ahead of time about the schedule change, sent them reminders about the match, they had ample time to ask for a time change, and I am sure they read the change in the thread.

But if this continues, and it is evident that neither will post, then just vote for whom you think would win based solely on team choices.

Zeitgeist
Wait, I thought that we just post our write-up ourselves?

Anyways...

My team chills in the first part of the prep. Shadow King will possess Mr. Immortal, and survival instinct is gonna let him back away from the fight.

Loa's gonna go intangible right before the match starts, as is everyone who could go intangible.

Once the match starts, Deadman can possess, or Drtzky can just mess with his head.

Loa can take him out just if he moves through her, or vice versa.

Other than that, we outlive the opponent.

Tony Stark
My Amalgamation of Dr. Doom and The Gladiator "Kallark" both from MARVEL (616) is IMO the most powerful being within this entire tournament. Taking the best abilities from both characters and making them one "UNSTOPPABLE" sorry ------ there can be only "ONE" and in this tournament that's right... It's "The Doominator". We all know who both characters are and have seen them in action many, many times. I'm also sure that we all are in agreement that by themselves they are two of the most difficult characters for one to go up against at their full-potential and with full and unwavering, never ending, ego filled "CONFIDENCE" to boot.

With using Dr. Doom's Mind/Armor/Tech/Sorcery/Intelligence/Planning/Ruthlessness/Ego and Supreme Confidence combined with...

Gladiator's Body/Strength/FTL Speed & Flight/Durability/Fighting Skills/Psionic Abilities/Super Breath (Power and Cold)/Heat Vision/Super Hearing/Warrior Born Being...

One couldn't ask for a better suited Amalgamation.

Dr. Doom is IMO has the #1 mind in all of MARVEL or DC (Non-Skyfather lvl characters) with the immense knowledge and applicability of both the Technological world (Top 2) and the Mystical/Sorcery world "Dark Arts" (Top 2) and the Prep that goes along with the both of them (Top 2). Dr. Doom is able to do what "NO OTHER" character in MARVEL or DC can do with the authority and the capability of doing so, combining his vast knowledge of both worlds to create a whole "NEW" world... A TechnoSorcery World... And he is not only the inventor of this world, he is the unequivitable "MASTER" of it.

To add to that mouth full of mind power Doom also adds both Confidence and Ego (which more of I'm not sure) Doom practically invented those terms if not, he is definitely the standing definition and PosterRuler for them. What other human can say that they have the wherewithal to not only pull up their bootstraps and put forth a plan of attack to steal the "POWER" of the most powerful kids on the block to date, that have ever stepped foot on MARVEL or DC Earth's and without hesitation have the "Balls" to even attempt it and then actually succeed in doing so. He climbed the power scale ladder (Silver Surfer... Galactus... Beyonder) And one millisecond from the whole "Enchilada" The full IG. A human mind you... A human.

That's Confidence... That's Ego... That's Doom!

What makes this IMO the most powerful being within this entire tournament is, you take all of that and you add it to a character (The Gladiator) and upon them having that "Supreme Confidence" and that "Ego the size of the Universe" they are turned into what most of you commonly refer to as "PC Superman". And we all know and loved "PC Superman". But this model is actually the "NEW" and "IMPROVED" model. This "PC Superman" if you will is now "PC Superman the TechnoSorcerer".

We all know that Gladiator's only real variable is his confidence and even without being truly and entirely confident he could move at FTL speed and could even fly at over 100x Light speed. He's Strength was almost immeasurable which was also even increased more by his Psionic powers, he has hotter than the core of the sun Heat Vision, he has Super Breath capable of producing both monstrously severe hurricane wind like power along, with being able to freeze solid a foe with it in their tracks. He has the Durability to withstand both the physical as well as energy based attacks from Top Tier/Skyfather like persons, he also has the Fighting Skills of a trained and tested Warrior with thousands perhaps millions (Actual age unknown) of years experience. He also because of his Psionic powers is able to sense (Almost Cosmically) things about others and make adjustments to things that others without those unique powers could not (Almost Cosmically), he also has Super hearing and can hear things from several light years away. And as everyone knows the more confident Gladiator becomes the more powerful he becomes, the more resistant and durable he becomes, the faster he becomes, the more everything he becomes.

That is The Gladiator personified.

So now we have "PC Superman the TechoSorcerer" who is at the very least the most Confident human, maybe "Being" to ever have graced the pages of any comic in either MARVEL and or DC... Using the brainpan along with the ownership and abilities of this Warrior Born body and powers of which grows expedentially Stronger, Faster, Resistant and Durable...etc. The more Confident he is.

IMO, as well as yours too I'm sure... This "Doominator" character is... As well as should be the #1 seed in this tournament.

And I'm not even sure if "Heaven" can help those who get in his way...

evil face

Zeitgeist
You fly a fraction of your max speed, and your armor disintegrates. You also can't control your speed, and probably smash into everything around you.

You also probably didn't even bother to prep, didn't use Doom's prep ability to an ounce of it's overall effectiveness, and can't touch anybody on my team.

My green lantern math equation erases your brain.

Next match plz.

id369

Zeitgeist
On top of that, I really hope nobody is stupid enough to believe that Doom + Glads = PC Superman.

no expression

Doom + Glads = Glads with "meh" magic. The confidence boost, if any, would put him at Superman level, at the very best.

Lulz at anything beyond that, much less even approaching the likes of pre-crisis Kryptonians.

Anyways, for all his brawn, he can't put down any members of my team, and all the boasting is for naught.

I erase his mind, possess him, deconstruct him... I win. He can't even touch me.

Truly done now, unless he manages to post something worthwhile.

Zeitgeist

Badabing
Don't spam the thread. Use the Tourny Discussion Thread. Thanks.

Raoul
vote for zeitgeist/smurph.

Fuzzy Hawkeye

Devil Lance

batdude123
It's not time to vote yet... no expression

Zeitgeist

Fuzzy Hawkeye

batdude123

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by batdude123
That's teh gay, considering you guys have 24 hours to finish this match. Then stop spamming my thread, kthx.

ermmha

batdude123

Soljer

Papa Smurph

batdude123

Soljer

batdude123

Badabing
This is for everybody, especially to the people who's posts I edited. This match isn't over. Please give them a chance to put forward their plans and let Tony Stark and Zeitgeist debate. I posted a friendly reminder earlier. Warnings will be given out next. Thank you.

Tony Stark
Your team ain't shit Zeitgeist. FTR that was just my opening statement to familiarize everyone with my thought process and to refresh them on The Doominators flat out PIMPNESS. I will be back on in a couple hrs to go medieval on you and your lame teams ass. Family comes first.

wink

Fuzzy Hawkeye
Originally posted by Badabing
This is for everybody, especially to the people who's posts I edited. This match isn't over. Please give them a chance to put forward their plans and let Tony Stark and Zeitgeist debate. I posted a friendly reminder earlier. Warnings will be given out next. Thank you.

Just clarifying, aren't users allowed to vote at any time during the match and after. I didn't read the rules...

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Your team ain't shit Zeitgeist. FTR that was just my opening statement to familiarize everyone with my thought process and to refresh them on The Doominators flat out PIMPNESS. I will be back on in a couple hrs to go medieval on you and your lame teams ass. Family comes first.

wink All right.

Should I make an excuse to go do an actual write-up too?

Frankly, I mean, I could, suppose, you know, be wrong, but, frankly... I don't think I need to.

Badabing
Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye
Just clarifying, aren't users allowed to vote at any time during the match and after. I didn't read the rules... Voting happens after the match is over.

Zeitgeist
Voting happens after the match is over. No, it can happen at any time.

Fuzzy Hawkeye
Voting happens after the match is over.

roger. I mean geoffrey...I mean...

gotcha

Evangel94
Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye
Just clarifying, aren't users allowed to vote at any time during the match and after. I didn't read the rules...

EDIT: Hold on a sec.

King Kandy
So hey, I need to vote right now... the time for voting is simply not a time I am available. Something needs to be done. I'm going to post early, there's obviously not going to be any meaningful debate.

Vote: Tony Stark

Zeitgeist simply never put together a coherent plan, it's clear he put no effort at all into this. "We outlast the opponent" simply does not work, Gladiator can drop a mountain on them or something... it isn't the win-all strategy Zeit thinks it is. Possession and mind entering is mind control, and isn't allowed without purchase. This just plain was not a good match. Tony put effort into it at least and has a good battle plan.

Zeitgeist
Ugh.

In order for a mountain dropping to work, the characters have to be immobilized.

Phasers, characters existing partially on the astral plane, a math equation... aren't immobilized by that.

And, Deadman taking over a body doesn't control the mind. It's the only thing that isn't controlled. Deadman doesn't attack the mind to control the body. He controls the body, and the mind is shut out. So that's not mind control.

Drtzky entering someone's mind isn't mind control. He's not controlling it. He's just attacking it. It's no more mind control than a Psi-blast is.

He CANNOT immobilize me, because he didn't prep.

Zeitgeist
Furthermore, dropping mountains on people is not in character for Doom or Gladiator.

Together they're so cocky they'll easily go for a brawl. And Loa can still take them out herself... as can Deadman, Drtzky, Shadow King, etc.

Tony Stark
Question did anyone see anything in my opening statement that said anything about a strategy? Hmmmm... Me neither. It was like I said a refresher to the characters and a direction of the amalgam.

Now Z/SS let's let Doom go down on you.

As we all know The Doominator is "THE" Pimp of Prep... Prepping at Light Speed will do that for a fella... For the first 2 hrs of his 36 hrs for Prep The Doominator will be dealing with the Tech part of his Prep he will be creating at LS these specific things Combat Doom bots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom's_devices and Warrior bots http://en.marveldatabase.com/Warrior_Robot after decades of creating and upgrading and adding on to and so on; Doominator can make these things in his sleep and at LS they are completed quite quickly. Doominator just has to make the heads for the bots and they can put themselves together the rest of the way in just minutes to be completed.

He makes 10 of each of the bots heads (Combat and Warrior). They create themselves and then help Doominator out with his continued Prep. Next Doominator moves to creating a device that emits a signal that breaks up and solidifies the molecules of both Shadow King's and Deadman's bodies so they are unable to go intangible (Deadman) or into astral form (Shadow King). And Doominator then installs it into the interior of his suit.

He then upgrades his TP blockers built into his armor just in case... they have worked in the past in blocking Prof X and many other high lvl TP users but, why not tweak them a bit. Next Doominator and his bots create some "special" necklaces. Doominator allows his bots to finish with any remaining Tech Prep that is needed but, for the most part Doominator is done with his Tech Prep.

Doominator next starts to relax and he then starts to speak of some sort of incantations from his "Dark Arts" teachings. And Doominator is soon to see some sort of smoke and smells the effects of a sulfur like smell and then sees the shadows of three figures... Three figures Doominator knows quite well. The Hazareth Three http://en.marveldatabase.com/Hazareth_Three.

The Doominator brings the three up to date with what is going on; his amalgamation (about the additional powers that he now has) with this tournament and tells them that if they grant him all of their powers to him to use at his free will during the competition that for every character that he kills he will don upon them one of his "special" necklaces to capture their souls and that they would then be owners of those many, many super souls. And after the competition is completed and they have received all of the souls from every opponent that he has slain that they will receive all of their given powers back.

The Three looked at the list of the potential opponents and at what The Doominator is capable of now and then after if they were to give him their combined powers and what they could all gain by all of those super souls to torment throughout time. There was a unison of cackling and howlings, and then they all agreed to give Doominator all of their combined powers to help cement his victory. The Doominator starts to feel all of the three's combined "Dark" powers coarse through his body. And he now knows that he's ready for the battle that is now ahead of him. Doominator now himself turns his armor into the vaunted mystical armor similar, to the last time he wore them but, now 3X as powerful. It is agreed by all parties that Doominator will be given their combined powers at the begining of each round during his Prep time.

The Doominator is now ready for battle, He now has 10 Combat Doom bots and 10 Warrior bots to go into battle each bot is designated towards specific goals and characters.

Combat bots to attack (kill or subdue) Shadow king, Loa, Mr. Immortal and Mystique.

Warrior bots to attack (kill or subdue) Deadman, Doorman

Dkrtzy RRR is just an mathematical equation and needs to be shown to actually be able to do something legit on panel. We'll see.

All bots are under the control of Doominator per his armor and his will's of thought for direction.

The 15 minutes Battlefeild Prep is used to check all sensors and bots, along with any and all workings of his armor (infrared operational) which all is done withing seconds. And for the rest of the 14+ minutes Doominator is chanting and conjuring up a spell comonly known as "The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak"

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cyttor.htm

Doominator speaks:

"Seven rings has Raggadorr --
indigo to deepest black --
but Oshtur grant me something more --
crimson Bands of Cyttorak! "

Doominator has asked to the bands to see all that is and is not there and to grasp upon it all and hold at upon his time and at his calling.

The Doominator is flying at about 1 mile in the air and can see his combatents about 3 miles away with his extended vision capabilities per his suit.

He sends his bots towards their marks from the start. While he himself scans and carefully flies around at near LS at 1/10000th of a femtosecond bursts. Doominators Mystical armor along with one of the best Technoforce feilds in either MARVEL or DC allows him to fly or move at full speed without issue.

Go!

TricksterPriest
HOLD IT!!!

the Hazareth 3 is outside help and illegal. There's no ****ing way that's legal.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
HOLD IT!!!

the Hazareth 3 is outside help and illegal. There's no ****ing way that's legal.

This thread is not for spectators. Leave it to the competitors.

Zeitgeist
Breaking this down:

Solidify Deadman's body? WTF? Deadman doesn't have a body to solidify... he's a friggin spirit, that can also be invisible, so the Doombots couldn't detect him.

Attack the Shadow King with Doombots? WTF? Again, there is no molecules to an atral form... you can't solidify it. It's simply a projection.

And there are few people that have shown Shadow King's control and dominance over astral form and plane.

And Shadow King is currently possessing someone.

And it's friggin Doom Bots. Loa walks through them.

You didn't even address how you were going to counter Loa or Mystique's phasing.

Now, as for the armor.... there's no proof that it could stand the forces of friction, wind resistance, etc. (not to mention that it could go faster than lightspeed without turning into energy). And you have stated he'll be doing that, and much, much more. So, the armor would be atomized. Now he has no defenses to anything, and no control of his Doom bots.

When has Gladiator ever done meticulous details like building something while working at lightspeed? Anything even approaching that? While Doom has to recall every little detail, and invent on the fly. Things that everybody in DC can't handle, Doom is going to, while blowing apart every machine because Gladiator can't even make hairpin turns at lightspeed, much less construct something, and mcuh less your claimed 10 Billion x Lightspeed.

He destroys his whole lab, and armor, when he tries to move.

Now, as for the 3... Doom has to sacrifice the skin of someone he loves to call upon them. They require their caller to suffer, not just be powerful.

And, that's outside help, and characters you didn't draft, and you didn't draft Power Up. So, so much for that plan. You can't call them, and even if you did, they would probably wipe the floor with you, and even if they didn't, you're not allowed to recieve the boost.

Moving on...

You didn't even address the most powerful member of my team, the Green Lantern, that can freely enter peoples minds to erase them. AMong everything else that Green Lanterns can do.

Good cover.

Finally, using the crimson bands, calling on other people, and building Doombots is not within Doom's personality when he's so cocky to believe he could take them with his armor alone. Even more so when he has this super powerful body that you've boasted about- Doom wouldn't sit back at cast bolts. He would take it to them. Only to find out his plan failed, because Tony Stark was in control.

Nice debate. Srsly.

Ha-Son
My Vote: Zeitgeist

Read TS' plan and went ha-son

Soljer
Originally posted by Ha-Son

It hasn't been twelve hours yet.

Wait another hour and a half, and then repost.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Ha-Son

No votes for the next hour and a half at least, save for Tournament Participant King Kandy's vote (which is on freeze atm) but will go into effect in an hour and a half (the 12 hour mark). After that point, anyone who qualifies to vote, can vote.

EDIT: Also, can you be a little more clear when you vote? I am not sure what those faces mean at all. Just a sentence or two explaining why you the voted the way you did should be sufficient.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Evangel94
No votes for the next hour and a half at least, save for Tournament Participant King Kandy's vote (which is on freeze atm) but will go into effect in an hour and a half (the 12 hour mark). After that point, anyone who qualifies to vote, can vote.

EDIT: Also, can you be a little more clear when you vote? I am not sure what those faces mean at all. Just a sentence or two explaining why you the voted the way you did should be sufficient. If you're going to narrow down the time so much, can people vote after the thread is unpinned?

Seems like 12 hours is kind of an unfair expectation, if we have to vote before the match is done... many people would be sleeping in that time.

Ha-Son
Originally posted by Soljer
It hasn't been twelve hours yet.

Wait another hour and a half, and then repost.

EDIT: Also, can you be a little more clear when you vote? I am not sure what those faces mean at all. Just a sentence or two explaining why you the voted the way you did should be sufficient.
I'll vote again in a few hours. I'll be more clear this time. stick out tongue

Creshosk
I'll vote for Zeitgeist the real SlimSmurphy. Stark's plan has several holes in it and I just don't think its feasable.

xmarksthespot
I vote for Zeitgeist, as TS's plan doesn't seem particularly plausible to me. Voting was open right?

Tony Stark
Deadman is a spirit and is never solid? Then why would he have to go intangible... He would always be intangible... doesn't make sense.

There are molecules to his non-astral form right? It's not as if Doom hasn't delt with that before.

Did you buy mind control? Because I don't think you did... So SK isn't possessing anyone. stick out tongue

And you acting like doominator's bots are going to walk up to your guys and grab their shirts and say "stop right there"! lol. The Combat bots are frickin' walking, flying Doom's with arsinal up the kazzo. It's going to be like your favorite war movie missiles, bombs, lasers, concussive blasts all being shot by them at their desired targets from a mile out and a continued assault all the way in. You should really look at their specs and abilities before talking blindly about what they can and can't do. You group most of your group will be dead or unconncious before the bots actually get there within arms reach.

Prove that Doominator's mystical armor with there auto sheilds up can't take the fast motion... other than just saying it can't.

All character's have "FULL" knowledge and the use of their abilities without hessitaion with an Amalgam thats the beauty of an Amalgam. Doom knows and does it so Gladiator knows and does something... It's just that easy. Doominator is fully aware of his speed at all times and can prep at those high rate of speed without "ANY" issues what so ever.

Doom semi-regularlly meets and talks and deals with the 3 and Mephesto and many other "dark Arts" demons on a regular basis thats part of what he does. And whatever "deal" Doominator has made with the 3 and why they decided to make that deal is up to them and Doominator and the 3 decided to allow him their powers. It's part of a sorcerers gig to call upon certain entities and have them help them with whatever. There called spells. Doominator can call upon them at anytime, and the powers will come to help them in their quest.

Have you ever read a book with Dr. Doom in it before...? rolling on floor laughing

That's exactly what Doom does... He using everthing within his vast powers to "WIN" Tech, Sorcery, bots everything all at once... That's his normal mode of operation. And you can't determine how my characters going to fight his fight... I do. And thats how he's going to fight it. Because thats how he does things bots, tech, sorcery all at once it's all at his beckon call at all times.

You're over matched. And out gunned.

Show on panel how your mathematical equation is going to attack me please.

id369

Tony Stark
You are also forgeting about the terrain and the 4.5 plus magnitude earthquakes and fog and buildings falling and the ground opening up... most of your characters can't fly and it is very likely that with all of the destruction my bots are creating in route to your peeps that the ones that can't will get caught up the all of that mothernature stuff in addition to the colateral damage I'm causing.

And BTW your characters are about to be bound by "The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak" and they won't be able to move at all. And then will be bombarded by my bots and then by Doominators HV and mystical and concussive blast too.

Tony Stark
All of my bots can fly with ease and precision as well as The Doominator of course.

Tony Stark
I can't think of one time that Doom has been possessed or mind controled(even if he did buy that power which he did "NOT"wink.

Devil Lance
okay Stark can't really use anythiing he says jes going to use

Crimson Bans really stark? come on

and while S smurph does not have lots of scans or proof for that matter his stategy seems much more sturdy and even marginally likely to work.

So i'm voting S Smurph

Tony Stark
Doom most of the times uses other means of engagement i.e. others, Doombots, other types of robots, Mystical beings...etc. to fight for him and only truly gets his personal hands dirty when something absolutely needs to be done and or finished.

The Doominator will fly over the area that your characters are located from 5 miles above them and use a swath of HV (hotter than the core of the sun) repeatedly throughout the area, he has his bots stay their ground until he is finished with his HV swathing.

And then he commands them to commence firing and continue to unload their weaponry at their before designated characters. For any target that has been KO'd or killed those bots will be told to adjust their targeting to another party.

For any character that has been killed the bots will place a necklace around their necks (which they have all been fitted with a necklace hidden in a compartment in their armor). when the necklaces have been placed they will be again directed towards another target by Doominator.

"The Bands of Cyttorak" are coming soon to engulf and subdue any all of your characters that have not been killed and or KO'd so for from our assaults.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Devil Lance
okay Stark can't really use anythiing he says jes going to use

Crimson Bans really stark? come on

and while S smurph does not have lots of scans or proof for that matter his stategy seems much more sturdy and even marginally likely to work.

So i'm voting S Smurph

Are "The Crimson Bands" not at Doom's disposal at anytime...?

Are they not virtually unbreakable (Enraged HULK and Namor excluded crappy writing IMO) Are they not able to subdue any and all that the caster is wanting to be subdued?

The answer is an unequivocal "YES they are" to all of those questions.

Doom has used them on numerous occasions with success to do such that.

What strategy may I ask is Z trying to use again...? I see none.

And I specifically see none continuing to happen with The Doominators onslaught of destruction.

Let's again not forget about the terrain that he has not nor cannot do anything about with those who can't fly.

Akuki
I think I'm going to have to vote for Tony Stark here. Given Dr. Doom's history of resistance to mind affects, and the fact that Dkrtzy has never appeared on panel which would show or explain the extent of his power, I simply don't think that the mind wipe strategy is as viable as Smurph suggests. Given the strength of his amalgam and doom's mystical skill it does appear as if it will be possible for TS to at least eventually take down Smurph.

Blair Wind
Gotta vote for Smurph (I have refused to acknowledge beyond this post his other name).

Almost all of his characters are intangible, he has a freaking math formula that equates to willpower, and can take Tony Stark out. Vote Smurph

Symmetric Chaos
Neither contestant has provided effective evidence for anything they are saying they can do.

TONY's initial claims are extremely outlandish and everything else seems to be built upon those claims. The idea that Gladiator would become PCSuperman with Doom's ego has no rational basis. No examples of Doom's tech are given, simply abstract allusions to his intelligence.

Smurph's team has failed to prove they can do much of anything to harm the Doominsator. The tactic of "outliving everyone" needs development.

Nonetheless because Smurph's claims seem to have basic merit and the ability to damage the mind of person who's power is based on confidence is devestating.

Vote: Smurph

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Gotta vote for Smurph (I have refused to acknowledge beyond this post his other name).

Almost all of his characters are intangible, he has a freaking math formula that equates to willpower, and can take Tony Stark out. Vote Smurph

So why is this tournament any diferent than these forums normally...

SENTRY stalemated Galactus = Mathematic equation erasing minds

Neither one has been seen on panel, so why is one now canon and valid while the other one is not. Normally it's hyperbole. Guess there both canon now.

Please answer.

confused

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Neither contestant has provided effective evidence for anything they are saying they can do.

TONY's initial claims are extremely outlandish and everything else seems to be built upon those claims. The idea that Gladiator would become PCSuperman with Doom's ego has no rational basis. No examples of Doom's tech are given, simply abstract allusions to his intelligence.

Smurph's team has failed to prove they can do much of anything to harm the Doominsator. The tactic of "outliving everyone" needs development.

Nonetheless because Smurph's claims seem to have basic merit and the ability to damage the mind of person who's power is based on confidence is devestating.

Vote: Smurph

What claims are outlandish... The use of the 3...? Anything that The Doominator has done so far in this match he hasn't need the extra power to achieve. He can and has called upon "The Bands of Cyttorak", made bots, special necklaces, molecule scrambler, TP enhancements to his armor...etc...etc.

He hasn't needed to call upon the 3's extra power against this team nor will he have to, they truly have nothing going on that the 3's extra powers will be needed.

Are you forgetting Gladiators Supreme confidence HV (Hotter than the sun's core normally) Which of his character's that aren't KO'd or killed from the bots massive attacks along with the 4.9 mag earthquakes swallowing, dropping buildings and debris upon them, are surviving even 1 second of a Doominator's HV?

Zeitgeist
I think people need to look beyond one problem which they think there might be holes to.

Drtzky, equates to willpowerl. And even if he can't erase minds? He's a freaking math equation. That Doom, not only can't affect, but can't see or feel either. He could just outlive his opponent.

And, again, in his bio, it says that he easily enters minds and erases them. Even if he can't to that? He still has the GL Power.

Stark still hasn't proposed a plausible way to deal with any of my intangible characters.

He can't even see, hear or feel Doorman.... and hasn't addressed this.

Nor can he see, hear or feel Shadow King, but he is somehow going to solidify an non-existant body?

And Deadman doesn't have a body, but he's going to be turned solid too? Even when he didn't equip the Doombots to be able to detect an invisible, intangible Mystique, much less freaking Deadman.

He hasn't even given a way to put down Mr. Immortal for the count. And, seeing as he didn't buy BFR, and it's not in character for Doominator to crush him with anything when he could do the work himself, this still needs to be addressed.

And even if none of my attack strategies did work?

He can't touch me. I have at least four people on my team who are immortal, who he can't touch, and many more who are intangible.

His armor was destroyed by going beyond lightspeed, and then definitely by the air resistance from moving 10 Billion x Lightspeed

And, with all that speed, if he ever moves through Loa, he's dead.

Otherwise, Drtzky, Shadow King and Deadman cal all end this match early along with her.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Tony Stark
What claims are outlandish... Maybe you lost him when you had mechanical robots attack the Shadow King, but probably before. peaches

Entity
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Maybe you lost him when you had mechanical robots attack the Shadow King, but probably before. peaches Ouch!

Yea Smurphs tactics just seemed more viable IMO as well.

Don't know if that matters much or not but I just got home form work and had some time to kill while I wait to get tired enough to actually fall asleep.

darthgoober
I'm really straddling the fence right now on who I'm leaning towards because no one's really shown anything in the way of scans/proof to back up their claims. So I'm gonna hold off on voting a little longer just in case some solid evidence is forthcoming...
(Take the hint)

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't believe a thing Tony Stark said... except that he can summon the bands. He also basically made his prep post halfway through the debate. It's like he wrote down everything he could think of without putting any thought behind it. Although highly entertaining... his argument makes no sense.
No scans.

Smurph took the simple lazy root, and didn't look like he spent any time at all caring about the debate even. And "Outliving my opponent" solidified that... Although his plan was much easier to understand than Tony's jumbled mess, and it seems like it would work out well actually.
No scans.

My vote: Tony Stark 131

I kid, I kid... Smurph gets my vote.

PS: Smurph's new name sucks.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
I think people need to look beyond one problem which they think there might be holes to.

Drtzky, equates to willpowerl. And even if he can't erase minds? He's a freaking math equation. That Doom, not only can't affect, but can't see or feel either. He could just outlive his opponent.

And, again, in his bio, it says that he easily enters minds and erases them. Even if he can't to that? He still has the GL Power.

Stark still hasn't proposed a plausible way to deal with any of my intangible characters.

He can't even see, hear or feel Doorman.... and hasn't addressed this.

Nor can he see, hear or feel Shadow King, but he is somehow going to solidify an non-existant body?

And Deadman doesn't have a body, but he's going to be turned solid too? Even when he didn't equip the Doombots to be able to detect an invisible, intangible Mystique, much less freaking Deadman.

He hasn't even given a way to put down Mr. Immortal for the count. And, seeing as he didn't buy BFR, and it's not in character for Doominator to crush him with anything when he could do the work himself, this still needs to be addressed.

And even if none of my attack strategies did work?

He can't touch me. I have at least four people on my team who are immortal, who he can't touch, and many more who are intangible.

His armor was destroyed by going beyond lightspeed, and then definitely by the air resistance from moving 10 Billion x Lightspeed

And, with all that speed, if he ever moves through Loa, he's dead.

Otherwise, Drtzky, Shadow King and Deadman cal all end this match early along with her.

Ummmm... Yeah... remember when I said "He makes 10 of each of the bots heads (Combat and Warrior). They create themselves and then help Doominator out with his continued Prep. Next Doominator moves to creating a device that emits a signal that breaks up and solidifies the molecules of both Shadow King's and Deadman's bodies so they are unable to go intangible (Deadman) or into astral form (Shadow King). And Doominator then installs it into the interior of his suit".

And as far as your math problem you are still going with the Chewbacca's in the room theory with it. It's never been seen to do "anything" at all on panel. So it's really a galactic (urban) legend, that you continuing to run with.

What are you and your non-flyers doing about the terrain/the bots/Doominator's HV attacks Z?

And again if you actually looked at the my post and it's links you would then see that the Warrior bots are equipped for just that and are targeted specifically at those characters.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Warrior_Robot

DigiMark007
Voting for Smurph

Stark, you can't wait 2 pages into the match, see what your opponent is doing, THEN say what you're doing in prep. It's clearly an unfair advantage, and destroys the meaning of prep time and writeups.

The only person who could conceivably do that is me, not because of any inherent right to do so, but because I bought spying which allows my characters to see what the other team is planning. Since I won't know what that is until I see the writeup, I can respond with prep stuff after the initial writeup.

Because you're essentially doing what only a "Spying" person should do, but you never paid for it.

Fails on all counts, despite the amusing writeup that amounted to little more than a maniacal "BWAHAHA!"

Clearly not the most well thought-out of matches, but Smurph at least had a skeleton plan at the onset, then extrapolated on it as it went along.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Voting for Smurph

Stark, you can't wait 2 pages into the match, see what your opponent is doing, THEN say what you're doing in prep. It's clearly an unfair advantage, and destroys the meaning of prep time and writeups.

The only person who could conceivably do that is me, not because of any inherent right to do so, but because I bought spying which allows my characters to see what the other team is planning. Since I won't know what that is until I see the writeup, I can respond with prep stuff after the initial writeup.

Because you're essentially doing what only a "Spying" person should do, but you never paid for it.

Fails on all counts, despite the amusing writeup that amounted to little more than a maniacal "BWAHAHA!"

Clearly not the most well thought-out of matches, but Smurph at least had a skeleton plan at the onset, then extrapolated on it as it went along.

confused

Sorry D you have the right to your opinion... But the truth is I could care less what he was planning to to I've got 36.25 Hrs of prep and full knowledge on all strengths and weaknesses. Because I decided to actually take the time to construct some back ground to my character and set things up with that first. Then deal with my family obligations then come on later to do and show my prep. I'm spying...?

What was I spying on this?

Wait, I thought that we just post our write-up ourselves?

Anyways...

My team chills in the first part of the prep. Shadow King will possess Mr. Immortal, and survival instinct is gonna let him back away from the fight.

Loa's gonna go intangible right before the match starts, as is everyone who could go intangible.

Once the match starts, Deadman can possess, or Drtzky can just mess with his head.

Loa can take him out just if he moves through her, or vice versa.

Other than that, we outlive the opponent.

That was really thought out and insightful and truly made my mind up about my strategy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Someones always going to post something first and someone second. I did a write up. And said that I would be back to get into it.

Tony Stark
Nothing is being said about SK not being able to possess Mr. Immortal (didn't buy mind control).

Non-fliers dealing with the terrain/bots/HV...etc.

Deadman possessing (no mind control)

Loa can't fly... Doominator is 1-5 miles away in the air flying around at speeds that not one of his characters can even see.

A math equation that has that has never done "A" thing on panel and is being taken to be valid.

confused

Tony Stark
The Doominator is now calling upon "The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak" To subdue and restrain all that have not been killed or KO'd. Once the Bands appear on the battlefield none from his team that are to be restrained can break free of them in any manner.

Doominator flies to within 100 yds and gives all that are restrained a full force HV blast surely killing all that weren't dead and for those that cannot die they are still being restrained by the Bands.

DigiMark007
Yes, you post writeups yourself, but it doesn't take a tactical genius to see that an advantage is gained when you post what you're doing in prep 10 hours into the match after debating has occurred. Prep time takes place in the writeup before you see your opponents' strategies.

It's illegal, and I feel personally invested in it because you're doing something that I paid 5 points to be able to do, but you're doing it for free.

ExodusCloak
Niether side bothered to back up their argument with scans. However Smurphs argument was much, much stronger as I'm not convinced by the vast amount of speculation that went on in Stark's prep which also happened to be posted ludicrously 10 hours after the match began. If there's going to be prep then it should posted at the beginning of the match.(Unless the spy on your opponent card is being played) I feel that Stark could have won had he provided evidence through scans especially when he happened to have two incredibly powerful and versatile characters amalgamated into one. A more structured argument, a bit more research into characters feats especially Doom's since I believe there are some obscure pieces of tech in some of the FF back issues that would have swayed me to his side.

Gladiators confidence boost while a good tactic would not put him on Pre-Crisis Superman Levels, it is however believable enough that Glads would be at his best.(The best he's ever been in a comic which is actually pretty impressive). A little re-wording and scans would have helped build a stronger argument.

Anyway my vote goes to Smurph, for having a much more believable and simple strategy.

Soljer
Stark, quite frankly, has acted like a moron throughout this entire match. He's had physical bots try to attack the intangible, he's never had anything even resembling an answer for RRR, and if he really believes that Gladiator is even fit to tongue-bathe pre-crisis Superman's urinal, then he surely must be as far into the bottle as his namesake.

Smurph, on the other hand, had a simple, straightforward plan that Stark never really put a single hole in. And considering how Stark never had an answer for most of it, I'd say that some of the people on Smurph's team could have solo'd this match.

My vote goes to Smurph.

Papa Smurph
I'm going to abstain, both strategies turned me off from voting and bolster outlandish claims about one another, really.

guy222
Guy votes for Smurph

psycho gundam
I on the other hand think it was possible for ts to win, but in order to do so he should have rewritten his fight. It was a bad match up on paper but not completely one sided so.........no, you still have an hour I'm not voting till then.

TricksterPriest
"
What makes this IMO the most powerful being within this entire tournament is, you take all of that and you add it to a character (The Gladiator) and upon them having that "Supreme Confidence" and that "Ego the size of the Universe" they are turned into what most of you commonly refer to as "PC Superman". And we all know and loved "PC Superman". But this model is actually the "NEW" and "IMPROVED" model. This "PC Superman" if you will is now "PC Superman the TechnoSorcerer".

We all know that Gladiator's only real variable is his confidence and even without being truly and entirely confident he could move at FTL speed and could even fly at over 100x Light speed. He's Strength was almost immeasurable which was also even increased more by his Psionic powers, he has hotter than the core of the sun Heat Vision, he has Super Breath capable of producing both monstrously severe hurricane wind like power along, with being able to freeze solid a foe with it in their tracks. He has the Durability to withstand both the physical as well as energy based attacks from Top Tier/Skyfather like persons, he also has the Fighting Skills of a trained and tested Warrior with thousands perhaps millions (Actual age unknown) of years experience. He also because of his Psionic powers is able to sense (Almost Cosmically) things about others and make adjustments to things that others without those unique powers could not (Almost Cosmically), he also has Super hearing and can hear things from several light years away. And as everyone knows the more confident Gladiator becomes the more powerful he becomes, the more resistant and durable he becomes, the faster he becomes, the more everything he becomes.

That is The Gladiator personified."

....................For this paragraph alone, I refuse to give Stark the win, or any kind of credibility. no expression

Vote: SMURF. Zeitgeist is a shitty name. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
We don't have to bash, guys. Trick and others. Make your vote, say why, then don't post.

erm

psycho gundam
smurph wins. sorry ts

Evangel94
1 hour warning. Match ends in one hour. Please have all votes in before 3:00PM CST.

Charlotte DeBel
Voting for Smurph. In fact TS spend most part of a match doing nonsensical things (Doombots vs Shadow King?) and did nothing solid. Amalgam was powerful, but lack of evidence basically turned it into paper tiger.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
I'm going to abstain, both strategies turned me off from voting and bolster outlandish claims about one another, really.

I prefer that you still vote rather than abstain. If you don't believe either strategy is viable that both posted and it is keeping you from posting, then base it off solely off team choices only then.

darthgoober
Tony Stark- You didn't do a good job of properly presenting your case. Everything you needed to win this match is just sitting there in Dr. Doom's respect thread(I know because I posted a lot of it there myself), but despite the abundance of proof available on Doom's abilities not a single scan was brought forth to back up your arguments. Even if I were willing to overlook the whole fiasko with the opening post, the period of time between your opening post and your prep post would've translated into indecisiveness after monologuing on the part of your amalgam at the outset of battle which would've given Smurph's team an advantage right out of the gate. Next time you really need to do research on your opponents characters as well as your own if you want your prep to really be effective.

Smurph- You got lazy and that's a bad thing. I know you well enough to know that you weren't really trying this match, but it was still entirely to far below your usual performance for my taste. Your getting my vote to win, but it's only because Tony's case bombed even more than you did. If he'd shown even a single scan of Doom bringing down an intangible being(and I know such scans exist), I'd have been forced to vote for him so you really need to bring your arguments up a notch before next round

So my vote's for Smurph(by a hair)...

psycho gundam
that to was my reasoning for stark "not winning"

Soljer
Votes closed eight minutes ago.

Akuki
Originally posted by Akuki
I think I'm going to have to vote for Tony Stark here. Given Dr. Doom's history of resistance to mind affects, and the fact that Dkrtzy has never appeared on panel which would show or explain the extent of his power, I simply don't think that the mind wipe strategy is as viable as Smurph suggests. Given the strength of his amalgam and doom's mystical skill it does appear as if it will be possible for TS to at least eventually take down Smurph.

Upon reading some of the later arguments I'd have to change my vote over to Smurph. Some of TS's later arguments just struck me as very poorly reasoned.

Evangel94
Voting Closed at 3:00PM CST

One moment for tallying up votes.

Evangel94
Votes for Smurph: 14
Creshosk
xmarksthespot
Devil Lance
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
DigiMark007
ExodusCloak
Soljer
guy222
psycho gundam
TricksterPriest
Charlotte DeBel
Mr. Slippyfist
darthgoober

Votes for Tony Stark: 3
King Kandy
id369
Akuki

Smurph wins on a 14 to 3 Vote.

Tony Stark loses his first (two out three) match for this tournament. But Tony Stark is still in this tournament.

Final thoughts on Match: While Tony Stark had the potential to win, some posters didn't take too kindly to him posting his strategy late, and didn't like the monologuing he did in the opening. However, I think we should have been patient with Tony Stark due to his family issues he needed to take care, and given him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of spying. Because quite honestly, I doubt he could have garnered anything significant from Smurph's couple sentence write-up.

However, Tony is not out of the tournament just yet and has a chance to learn from any mistakes he may have made and "bring it" to his second opponent.

Smurph you could have performed a lot better and this match is really below your average, and you could have easily had a rock solid performance. I sincerely hope more effort is put forth by you in your next matches, because the kind of effort you displayed for this match will not carry you through the tournament.

-Evangel94

psycho gundam
edit

DigiMark007
However, I think we should have been patient with Tony Stark due to his family issues he needed to take care, and given him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of spying. Because quite honestly, I doubt he could have garnered anything significant from Smurph's couple sentence write-up.

Fair enough, but it still shouldn't be allowed, merely because he obviously wrote a writeup-length post at the beginning of the match, and then debated a bunch, but waited for prep stuff until hours into the match.

I realize we're posting our own writeups, but that's a tactic that needs to be nipped in the butt. I can empathize with real-life responsibilities, but that clearly wasn't what was going on here, and if it becomes the norm then I spent 5 points for nothing, and we'll have people holding back writeups for a couple hours to gain an advantage.

Soljer
Fair enough, but it still shouldn't be allowed, merely because he obviously wrote a writeup-length post at the beginning of the match, and then debated a bunch, but waited for prep stuff until hours into the match.

I realize we're posting our own writeups, but that's a tactic that needs to be nipped in the butt. I can empathize with real-life responsibilities, but that clearly wasn't what was going on here, and if it becomes the norm then I spent 5 points for nothing, and we'll have people holding back writeups for a couple hours to gain an advantage.

Bud.

Nipped in the bud.

Evangel94

Well his introductory post was just that, introducing the character. As to debating much? He didn't debate at all. He said one thing before coming back hours later.

Its unfortunate that happened, but quite honestly holding back your write-up can only hurt you. And that was reflected in the votes. I think this situation is unique, but if I see a trend of people waiting, then I will do something about it.

As to your spying that you bought, that ability legitimizes anything you have to say about countering your opponents strategy in your write-up. Your team should already be aware of your opponents strategy before the match even begins or before your opponent even posts their strategy, not after. You can go in depth on how your team will counter your opponent once the match begins and they posts their strategy. It works out for you either way.

-Evangel94

DigiMark007
Cool. Thanks Evangel.

Bud.

Nipped in the bud.

embarrasment

Battlehammer
why did any one vote for tony?

Raoul
Votes for Smurph: 14
Creshosk
xmarksthespot
Devil Lance
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
DigiMark007
ExodusCloak
Soljer
guy222
psycho gundam
TricksterPriest
Charlotte DeBel
Mr. Slippyfist
darthgoober

Votes for Tony Stark: 3
King Kandy
id369
Akuki

Smurph wins on a 14 to 3 Vote.

Tony Stark loses his first (two out three) match for this tournament. But Tony Stark is still in this tournament.

Final thoughts on Match: While Tony Stark had the potential to win, some posters didn't take too kindly to him posting his strategy late, and didn't like the monologuing he did in the opening. However, I think we should have been patient with Tony Stark due to his family issues he needed to take care, and given him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of spying. Because quite honestly, I doubt he could have garnered anything significant from Smurph's couple sentence write-up.

However, Tony is not out of the tournament just yet and has a chance to learn from any mistakes he may have made and "bring it" to his second opponent.

Smurph you could have performed a lot better and this match is really below your average, and you could have easily had a rock solid performance. I sincerely hope more effort is put forth by you in your next matches, because the kind of effort you displayed for this match will not carry you through the tournament.

-Evangel94

ermm

Originally posted by Raoul
vote for zeitgeist/smurph.

not that its that much of an issue or anything, but if the vote had been close, etc...

id369
Why is this match still pined up?

Soljer
Originally posted by Battlehammer
why did any one vote for tony?

Kandy voted for Tony because they're butt buddies and both have something against Smurph.

Akuki changed her vote.

And Id...well...I can only assume it was strategy - try to get the real competition out of the matches early and have an easier foe in Tony Stark later.

Battlehammer
Kandy voted for Tony because they're butt buddies and both have something against Smurph.

Akuki changed her vote.

And Id...well...I can only assume it was strategy - try to get the real competition out of the matches early and have an easier foe in Tony Stark later.
That explains it, I mean tony did not have a single way of defeating smurph characters.

Also his character would have been rather easy to miind rape.

id369
I have a question, are Pri Crisis feats allowed?

psycho gundam
I hope not, the arguing will never end

Evangel94

Akuki changed her vote.

If anyone has any general advice for the participants to help them improve, then you are free to post in this thread. However, leave any negative comments out of the tournament, and keep any questions to the discussion thread.

Soljer
If anyone has any general advice for the participants to help them improve, then you are free to post in this thread. However, leave any negative comments out of the tournament, and keep any questions to the discussion thread.

This thread's importance has already passed, and I was merely answering another posters question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.