Right, well, need your views.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
I'm so goddamn confused I wouldn't;t even mind the advice of your average KMCer.... Well.. I've liked this girl (Lou) for quite a while and she knows it because we've talked about it... Tonight she was really quite upset, I comforted her, as a friend, with no intentions in mind... In the regular friendship way... It so happened that we kissed later the same evening, when she was in a slightly more jolly mood... and it wasn't in your regular way, we kissed as more than friends, it was brief yet I know we both felt it.... After though we both instantly started talking to people of the other sex, in more than a friendly way... I don't understand it, the second I act more than a friend to the girl I like I go and do more with someone that wasn't even involved and I feel nothing for. I just don't understand it at all... Maybe it's because I don;'t wan't to jeopradise a thing we already have, that I cherish so dearily.. Our friendship. ( In know corney right?)

What do you guys think? Where do I stand?... Not trying to sound emo or attention seeking so you can cut that crap right now.

LuigiX
if you think you can make it work I say go for it dude. Talk to her about it and see what her feelings are. If her concerns are similar then talk it out.

Shelbert Lemon

McLovin
Life is too short.

Just bang her Spooony and move on.

=Tired Hiker=
Just wear a comdom, whatever you do. You have no idea where this girl has been or what she has banged.

McLovin
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Just wear a comdom, whatever you do. You have no idea where this girl has been or what she has banged.

Exactly.

Wear and tear.

Rogue Jedi

§P0oONY
I don't even remember making this thread.... Jesus I was drunk last night. I think I'm just going to let things play out for a while, see what happens.

Rogue Jedi
well, remember what I said, you dont wanna lose her as a friend.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, remember what I said, you dont wanna lose her as a friend. No, but at the same time I still do want more.

Rogue Jedi

Shelbert Lemon
I decided to give it a go with my best friend. Now we are engaged to be married.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
I decided to give it a go with my best friend. Now we are engaged to be married. sometimes it works out, good for you. wink

§P0oONY
The big thing is that I know about pretty much all of her previous relationships and she is a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to them. Jeopradising our friendship would be quite a big risk.

dadudemon
There's nothing better than your lover being your best friend.

My wife IS my best friend.

Though there is merit to what RJ says and he IS older and wiser than I am...I say **** caution and try to experience life's loves to the fullest. There is nothing better than being in love.

It can hurt if you break up later...who cares, there are too many people to worry about losing one friendship over...you can always make another friend but you can only have one true love.

Rogue Jedi

Mairuzu
women uhuh

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mairuzu
women uhuh they have boobies and we NEED them. yes

Mairuzu
they have boobies and we NEED them. yes yes

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mairuzu
yes and they KNOW IT. mad

Mairuzu
and they KNOW IT. mad Yea uhuh

and they taunt us with them

§P0oONY
Heck... I'm not complaining... They are pretty amazing creations... Taunt away girls.

Rogue Jedi

Mairuzu
run yes

Rogue Jedi
oh hell yeah. SPRINT.

Shelbert Lemon
sometimes it works out, good for you. wink Thank you. happy

It will indeed be a risk, but you have to look at it both ways, maybe you will get out of it what SL did. Exactly.

And daudemon said it right. There is nothing better then your lover/partner also being your best friend.

Of course it doesnt always work out. If you go for it.. maybe you can remain friends.. only you know her Spoony and can figure this one out.

dadudemon
they have boobies and we NEED them. yes

and they KNOW IT. mad

QFMFT. (quoted for mother f-ing truth.)

Mairuzu
well spoons, i was with my ex, broke up, became friends. Liked her again! DAMN!

she knew i did but didnt care much lol

didnt talk for a while again

and now we are good friends again

mmm in other words.. dont ruin the friend ship stick out tongue

and shes calling me now blink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
QFMFT. (quoted for mother f-ing truth.) life experiences, baby.

§P0oONY
Thank you. happy

Exactly.

And daudemon said it right. There is nothing better then your lover/partner also being your best friend.

Of course it doesnt always work out. If you go for it.. maybe you can remain friends.. only you know her Spoony and can figure this one out. I'd like to think that we could and would stay friends if anything were to happen and fail.

Rogue Jedi
There is nothing better then your lover/partner also being your best friend. this brings up the subject of having opposite sex best friends while in a relationship with another person......risky or no?

§P0oONY
this brings up the subject of having opposite sex best friends while in a relationship with another person......risky or no? Not if the friendship is platonic and there is trust in the relationship.

Rogue Jedi

§P0oONY
well, you have to remember that best friends tell each other everything, thats why they are best friends. Maybe I am biased, because I fell victim to this once, and was on the other end once also. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here... If you are in a relationship with someone and you're talking to female friend about it, it's bad how?

Rogue Jedi

Shelbert Lemon

Shelbert Lemon
because the risk of having feelings for the best friend are increased, because you develop a bond with that best friend that rivals/supercedes the bond you share with your partner, therefore sometimes feeling inclined to take it to the next level. If you have an open and honest relationship with your partner then you can talk to him/her and let them know you were having those 'straying' feelings.
...and if you were having those feelings for someone other then your partner, that should be a clue that something isnt right in your relationship.

dadudemon
If you have an open and honest relationship with your partner then you can talk to him/her and let them know you were having those 'straying' feelings.
...and if you were having those feelings for someone other then your partner, that should be a clue that something isnt right in your relationship.

Right.

I told my wife yesterday that I had planned on marrying her best friend after I got off my Mormon mission. I told my wife because I felt that it was her right to know when we started talking about stuff like that and that I USED to have serious feelings for her best friend.

NOTE: I did not know my wife until WELL after I decided not to get with this first lady.

Strangelove

Rogue Jedi
Talk to her about it and see what she is thinking.
If the feelings are mutual and genuine then there is no reason not to give it a go.
If you have enough respect for each other, and for some unseeable reason it doesnt work out, then maybe you can remain friends.

I have one true best friend and that is Justin.I have a few other people (male and female) I consider best friends outside of my relationship but they are on a totally different level.
It is possible to have friends that close outside of your reationship.
Its up to you not to cross the line. messed EXACTLY. some people have no sense of loyalty and will cross that line with no regards of what it does to their current relationship.

Shelbert Lemon
Originally posted by dadudemon
Right.

I told my wife yesterday that I had planned on marrying her best friend after I got off my Mormon mission. I told my wife because I felt that it was her right to know when we started talking about stuff like that and that I USED to have serious feelings for her best friend.

NOTE: I did not know my wife until WELL after I decided not to get with this first lady. Thats tight.
I admire that because to many people I know would have not talked about it.
Even if it was something before meeting your wife.. it was part of you and she deserves to know stuff like that. Its showing her respect.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Strangelove
Hey man, if you really like her in that way, go for it. But like RJ said, don't endanger your friendship in case she doesn't ultimately feel the same way. Your typing is quite stable when drunk, I'd just like to note. I was a pretty sensible drunk all in all yesterday... I didn't feel that drunk, I just can't remember certain things. Although I tend to forget easily with alcohol.

Rogue Jedi
Thats tight.
I admire that because to many people I know would have not talked about it.
Even if it was something before meeting your wife.. it was part of you and she deserves to know stuff like that. Its showing her respect. yes good morals.

Syren
Go for it, don't hold back. If your friendship is as strong as it seems then it will weather any storm and I truly believe that.

Life is too short. As much as I usually hate that phrase, it seems appropriate here hug

Joe K
I say go for it, Like other ppl said, most of the best relationships start out as good friends.

§P0oONY
Just an update if anyone cared, I decided to leave it, until about 3 nights ago when she told me that she liked me as more than a friend. So we're basically going out now. It's great although in about a month we;ve got a 3 month summer holiday which is a tad annoying as we're going to be in different parts of the country.

Rogue Jedi
thumb up

Bardock42

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.