Favorite Villain and Why

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blight
Why is your favorite villain a better choice than the next guy's?

Nooche!

Faceman
Thanos nuff said.

Val
SHOTS FIR...errr, umm, Sinestro.

Ha-Son
Right cli... Oh wait..

Joker.

Blight
Naw, Both of your favorite villains suck. Officer tenpenny is a better villain any day!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e0/130px-GTASA_Tenpenny.jpg

Ha-Son
Originally posted by Blight
Naw, Both of your favorite villains suck. Officer tenpenny is a better villain any day!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e0/130px-GTASA_Tenpenny.jpg
True. mmm

Blight
Anyone care to rival my favorite?

Mr. Slippyfist
Anyone care to rival my favorite?
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3904/dr25gn.jpg

Blight
Tenpenny would shoot him in the face. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Tenpenny would shoot him in the face. no expression Metal fase.

Blight
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Metal fase. Hitlers gun.

Mr. Slippyfist
Hitlers gun. Julian would just smack it out of his hand, and act circles around him. smile

Zeitgeist
Dude.

You can't just smack Hitler's gun away.

Didn't you ever read Dr. Strange?

Mr. Slippyfist
Julian can. smile

Blight
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Julian can. smile Not from Tenpenny. Tenpenny would just shoot him. Even after he smacked it away... his hand is probably made out of guns.

guy222
thanos

llagrok
Dr.Light

Neo Darkhalen
Venom, the only villain Spider-Man is scared of, the fact that he puts himself through pain to get to Spider-Man makes him a lethal foe, he is the Anti Spider-man complete with a cool design and witty dialogue.

That and it's Venom.

willRules
The original Sentinels

Endrict Nuul
Magneto

Entity
Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - The perfect villain for Spiderman. He's his best friend's dad, he's used and abused his powers with almost a complete lack of responsibility of any kind other than to himself and its don't nothing but work for him. He's rich and powerful and completely insane when it comes to pure lust for power and hatred of spiderman. The one man that beats him. He's turned destroying Parker's life into an all consuming fate of his life in the past. Playing chess with Peter's mind, friends, family, and even destroying his own son Harry to accomplish it.

People all love Venom as do I but Norman is Peter's one true Nemesis!

Angelus - Imagine your worst enemy, your greatest fear and worst nightmare is you! Now in reality this is actually true about most of us deep down. No one sabotages or destroys our own hopes dreams and over all lives better than ourselves but in Angel's case its so literally true that he actually kills everyone that matters to him and countless that don't when he gains true happiness. He really is another person within himself. And yet he can't even attribute it to something as controversial as a split personality because its him. His evil side is still him making all the decisions and taking pleasure in all the pain he inflects. He's even admitted to enjoying it when he's "free" but he wants nothing more than to pay for all the crimes he's committed and stop that part of himself forever.

Just Imagine what you'd do or be capable of doing if you no longer had any guilt, morality or conscious to hold you back. Then what would you do if after 200 years or so you felt it all again for the first time!

A lesser man would've killed himself quickly but Angel choices to live with his past and attempt to atone for it. While knowing the risk he takes in that if he is ever allowed to experience happiness or true joy again he will become that which he hates the most and lose all he's gained all over again.

Deathstroke - Cause he's ****ing awesome. He's Captain America if he was a badguy with a awesome attitude of control and style.

Black Adam - Alright I don't really see him as a villain. Just a hero who is not gonna play everyone else's politics. He was born and raised the old school eye for an eye and while I don't personally agree with that philosophy as a whole I do see and believe Adam is right in allot of what he does that the others condemn him for.

Lex - Because God I hate Superman and want someone to put him in his place. We all know that if it ever gets done Lex is the one thats gonna do it. Now I don't like the megalomaniac senseless killer versions of Lex but the are other version's of Lex that aren't so much black as just really dark shades of grey that I really enjoy hoping get to hand Supeman his ass one day. Michael Rosenbaum in the earily seasons of Smallville anyone? The current Green Arrow's dialogue with Clark now speaks my feelings for it all best thou.

llagrok
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Venom, the only villain Spider-Man is scared of, the fact that he puts himself through pain to get to Spider-Man makes him a lethal foe, he is the Anti Spider-man complete with a cool design and witty dialogue.

That and it's Venom.

What about Morlun?

Spider-man was afraid of him.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by llagrok
What about Morlun?

Morlun...really I never read the story because I did not understand it, that was apart of the era where Spider-Man was going downhill, well he's still going downhill, but those stories were the start of it.

But was he the guy who wanted to eat spider-man, then his henchman killed him?

llagrok
Morlun...really I never read the story because I did not understand it, that was apart of the era where Spider-Man was going downhill, well he's still going downhill, but those stories were the start of it.

But was he the guy who wanted to eat spider-man, then his henchman killed him?

How can you know it was going downhill if you didn't read it? smile

Neo Darkhalen
You got me....yes I did read them a little from time to time...I don't like to admit it, but some stories were good when Jr. Was around.

nimbus006
For me it's between:

Thanos
Sinestro
Magneto
Dr. Doom

willRules
You got me....yes I did read them a little from time to time...I don't like to admit it, but some stories were good when Jr. Was around.

The Molurn storyline was excellent yes

nimbus006
Originally posted by willRules
The Molurn storyline was excellent yes

You mean The Other?

Yea, it was good.

amlap
skrull... because you could be one too!

starlock
Very hard to choose one

Spiderman...i really liked kaine as the villain/anti hero
Doom
Loki
Thanos

So many and alot have certain heroes they love to destroy..eh tuff thread

DigiMark007
Chairface Chippendale. I almost feel sorry for him...how diabolical is it to have a master plan of writing one's name on the moon? It's not even particularly evil. It's just...cool.

If I were a villian, that's the sort of sh*t I'd do almost exclusively. If I robbed banks, it would only be to fund my ridiculously pointless plans.

Rorschach
What about Morlun?

He was also afraid of Thanos. mhmm

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Rorschach
He was also afraid of Thanos. mhmm

He was also afraid of Doom...

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Chairface Chippendale. I almost feel sorry for him...how diabolical is it to have a master plan of writing one's name on the moon? It's not even particularly evil. It's just...cool.

If I were a villian, that's the sort of sh*t I'd do almost exclusively. If I robbed banks, it would only be to fund my ridiculously pointless plans.

I like the sound of this guy.

Erik-Lensherr
Joker
Magneto
Jason Todd (pre One Year Later)
Two Face
Venom (Eddie)

The Tick is a dick smile

Heh, I remember when I was watching that show.

Bentley

Master-Borg
Apocalypse....one of the best concept villains that continues to be underused and misused by Marvel

DigiMark007
I like the sound of this guy.

Think of a pathetic version of Doom, but he has a chair for a face.

He started to write his name on the moon, but then The Tick thwarted his plans. So every subsequent issue, when they show the moon it has "CHA" written on it, because that's all the further he got.

laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
laughing out loud thats good. laughing out loud

Bad Ash231
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/34tick4.jpg

willRules
Originally posted by nimbus006
You mean The Other?

Yea, it was good.

I meant the first Molurn storyline, where he beats Peter to a pulp continuously for a few days, it was really good fun to read yes

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/34tick4.jpg

Bumped for greatness.

Newjak
Bumped for greatness. The Tick was awesome big grin

llagrok
I meant the first Molurn storyline, where he beats Peter to a pulp continuously for a few days, it was really good fun to read yes

Morlun's return was pretty awful.

His first coming was decent though, Ezekiel 'n shit

Dark-Jaxx
Superman Prime.

tjcoady
Think of a pathetic version of Doom, but he has a chair for a face.

He started to write his name on the moon, but then The Tick thwarted his plans. So every subsequent issue, when they show the moon it has "CHA" written on it, because that's all the further he got.

laughing out loud

Dude reminds me of Dr. Domino:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8484/dominoaf7.th.gif

Dr. freakin' Domino. Dude soloed Wonder Woman by the way. Did not break a sweat. By the way, no explanation of why he was a Domino (he wasn't wearing a big box on his head- his head is square and shaped like a Domino), just straight up Domino themed badassery.

iceman24567
The Joker
Dr. Doom
Deathstroke

DigiMark007
Originally posted by tjcoady
Dude reminds me of Dr. Domino:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8484/dominoaf7.th.gif

Dr. freakin' Domino. Dude soloed Wonder Woman by the way. Did not break a sweat. By the way, no explanation of why he was a Domino (he wasn't wearing a big box on his head- his head is square and shaped like a Domino), just straight up Domino themed badassery.

Hehe. Nice.

Blight
Originally posted by iceman24567
The Joker
Dr. Doom
Deathstroke Why? Why? And Why?

I'm noticing many people blurting out random villain names... Now I can understand not reading the initial post (even if it is only a three page difference). But to not read the title? Come ON!!!

Endless Mike
The Great Evil Beast, because it was one of the most interesting character concepts I have ever seen, and it is just so powerful and imposing, and the story it was in was so awe-inspiring. One of the best comics I have ever read.

llagrok
Dr.Light

'cause RAAAAAAPE

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Newjak
The Tick was awesome big grin

SPOOOONNNN!!!!! lol

Dr.Light

'cause RAAAAAAPE

.....damn.

Newjak
Juggernaut

Why

Cause he wasn't about taking over the world, or even really about killing the heroes.

He was simply there to walk into your favorite hero's comic book and for an issue or two beating the crap out of them.

Mr Shindiggery
My favorite villain is The Joker and here is why. Now for one Joker is probearly one of the oldest comic book villains out there he made his debuit in Spring 1940 in Batman 1. He is my favorite villain because on the surface he looks like a harmless clown who means no harm but look beyond the wide grin and he is as the late Heath Ledger described him a "psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy" Also probearly out of all the villains out there he is probearly the most stylishly dressed villain I mean Purple suit you can`t top that. Furthermore his character represents the idea of Anarchy in and its a perfect opposite to Batman`s character who believes in a world with rules. He also represents the randomness of crime like you never know what he`s going to do next or he might just pull of the most absurd crime ever but it can still be deadly. Also in my mind I think he has done the most to hurt Batman, make Catwoman forget about Batman, killed Jason Todd aka the second Robin, killed Jim Gordon`s second wife and paralyzed Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl. In addition he has gone through major changes through his 68 years like first starting out a straight maniac then turning into a goofy prankster before being brought back in the 70s to his more darker roots which he has constantly stayed as to this day and will be fully shown on screen this summer in The Dark Knight by the late Heath Ledger. So that is why The Joker is my favorite villain.

Symmetric Chaos
I sorta like what's happened to BlackAdam recently. He has a sort of composure and neatness about him. He has this one fight with Superman that I really like where he knows he's innocent but rather than negotiating he keeps fighting while Supes and he are having an argument.

Some villains would just let loose on Supes and some would run off to try to talk about it. The idea of fighting viciously while remaining calm is pretty cool IMO.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I sorta like what's happened to BlackAdam recently. He has a sort of composure and neatness about him. He has this one fight with Superman that I really like where he knows he's innocent but rather than negotiating he keeps fighting while Supes and he are having an argument.

Some villains would just let loose on Supes and some would run off to try to talk about it. The idea of fighting viciously while remaining calm is pretty cool IMO.

Yeah, I always liked that about Black Adam. He seems so composed. Like he knows exactly what he's doing and feels confident about him. He'd probably do awesome in job interviews.

DigiMark007
Juggernaut

Why

Cause he wasn't about taking over the world, or even really about killing the heroes.

He was simply there to walk into your favorite hero's comic book and for an issue or two beating the crap out of them.

He also liked poorly paraphrasing old long pig quotes.

Newjak
He also liked poorly paraphrasing old long pig quotes.

313 Just added to the character 313

Blight
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Some villains would just let loose on Supes and some would run off to try to talk about it. The idea of fighting viciously while remaining calm is pretty cool IMO. You Know, I have to say that Black Adam is probably one of the Best Written Characters in Recent Comic History.

batdude123
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Dude.

You can't just smack Hitler's gun away.

Didn't you ever read Dr. Strange?

I'm sorry, but it isn't Dr. Strange we're talking about here.

It's Julian f*cking McMahon...

The Pict

I didn't particularly like the story (The Other storyline that is)

Juggernaut might be my favourite villain, hopefully we'll see him crushing some heroes soon as it looks like he's returning to his old ways.
One of my more recent favourites was Ord from Astonishing X-Men. His debut was pretty cool.

DigiMark007
Just added to the character 313

Did you actually get the reference to the lp quote, or were you just going with the sarcastic flow of my post, so to speak?

Newjak
Did you actually get the reference to the lp quote, or were you just going with the sarcastic flow of my post, so to speak? Both
vin

willRules
Originally posted by The Pict
I didn't particularly like the story (The Other storyline that is)

Juggernaut might be my favourite villain, hopefully we'll see him crushing some heroes soon as it looks like he's returning to his old ways.
One of my more recent favourites was Ord from Astonishing X-Men. His debut was pretty cool.

I'm not talking about the Other! I mean the "Coming home" storyline- the one drawn by JRjr

Aztec123
Darkseid, Joker, Sinestro and Black Adam.

Blight
Anyone's Opinion change?

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom.

Prep-Man
flashs rogues
black adam
magneto
sinestro
venom/carnage
joker

Bentley
Kang, but then again, he's better than all the non-chair-faced characters named in this thread cool

Kazenji
DC-
Joker
Mr Freeze
General Zod

Marvel-
Venom
Dr Doom
Bullseye
Loki
Mephisto

bout it i can think of at the moment

SuperiorTech
Doom and like he would tell you explanations are beneath him.

ares834
1. Norman Osborn
2. Darkseid
3. Joker
4. Magneto
5. Lex Luthor
6. Dr. Doom
7. Ra's al Ghul
8. Loki
9. Sinestro
10. Thanos

Estacado
Thanos
Darkseid(written well))
Venom
Magneto
Juggernaut

Newjak
I guess I'll give my list.

1) Is still Juggernaut for the same reasons as before.

2) Dr. Doom - He just has a great theme going. Where Juggernaut is all about going into your heroes book and beating the crap out of them. Doom is about going into your favorite heroes book and making them look stupid stick out tongue.

3) Doomsday - He is just a great concept to play with.

4) Loki - He is a lot like Doctor Doom.

Estacado
^
What you say...I liked the old Cain where he was like yeah I have super powers but I dont give a crap about others I just go drink my beer.......but if you stand in my way I walk over you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.