Number of Martial Arts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fianchettoer
How many kinds of martial arts does Batman know? What are they? Also, how long did he train with Ra's? In Batman Begins, he already knew how to fight. Where did he learn those skills?

Soljer
At least 127.

Dgw2007
Originally posted by Fianchettoer
How many kinds of martial arts does Batman know? What are they? Also, how long did he train with Ra's? In Batman Begins, he already knew how to fight. Where did he learn those skills? from the streets

sapphiremouse
Ra's part of batmans training was for the movie only. i dont recall any time that batman sought out training from him in the comics. Also even in the movie and the comics, it was Ducard that taught Bruce. but even that is not quite right. comic version of ducard is a detective, in movie he does the fight training not Ra's. think thats right, lol

The Mean Queen
if im am not wrong he was thought by Ra

Tron
Originally posted by Fianchettoer
How many kinds of martial arts does Batman know? What are they? Also, how long did he train with Ra's? In Batman Begins, he already knew how to fight. Where did he learn those skills?

Movie wise, I'd say he at least practiced about 2-3 styles before training with Ducard. They didn't give an exact amount of time with the training that was shown, but I'd have to assume no less than 6 months.

WrathfulDwarf
Keep in mind that both in comics, movies, as well as cartoons. Batman posess an uncanny illusionist skills. He is also a master escapist and his stealth attacks are quick and effective.

sithsaber408
Well, if we're going off Begins (and the thread starter seems to be) then he has these: "panther, tiger, ju-jitsu". So 3, if I'm not missing one.

That's before training. I thought his training was closer to a year or 2. Remember, he was gone for 7, and it seems that he spends maybe 4 or 5 years from the point of running from Falcone's resteraunt up to the prison.

No proof of this, just the way it felt to me.

Phantom Ghost
DC's official stance is that he's a mastered 127 different styles from the greatest masters in the world. But different writers seem to have there own takes on his martial arts training so it really depends on who's writing him.

Combat_Guru
Bruce Wayne decided to live like a disparate criminal so he would know what it was like, so that he could 'bask in the fears of other men' so to speak. He was in Asia, which is where true martial arts training is practiced. Some of the criminals he lived with might have taught him tricks in street fighting that they learned from first hand experience in combat, like how to use his elbow, one of the strongest bones in the body, others might have been kick boxers, or descendants of martial artists.

The forms of martial art were most likely Haganah or Muay Thai. Muay Thai is the most powerful martial art, it is highly offensive.

Placidity
Originally posted by Combat_Guru

Muay Thai is the most powerful martial art, it is highly offensive.

Says who? There is no most powerful.

Phoenix2001

The forms of martial art were most likely Haganah or Muay Thai. Muay Thai is the most powerful martial art, it is highly offensive.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Muay Thai is the most powerful. Muay Thai is most certainly a brutal and aggressive way of fighting, but the most powerful? Hardly.

BruceSkywalker
Bruce Wayne decided to live like a disparate criminal so he would know what it was like, so that he could 'bask in the fears of other men' so to speak. He was in Asia, which is where true martial arts training is practiced. Some of the criminals he lived with might have taught him tricks in street fighting that they learned from first hand experience in combat, like how to use his elbow, one of the strongest bones in the body, others might have been kick boxers, or descendants of martial artists.

I've trained in Muay Thai, it is highly offensive, but not the most powerful martial art out there.

WrathfulDwarf
Drunken fists....I think. hmm

KMC's Superboy
i am also tranied in The Science of Eight Limbs but is not the most powerful
my brother could still beat my ass and he is a Sensei in karate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.