LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGame17
so i heard ESPN asking who's the better man as a player.
What are your guy's take???

if i had to choose i'd pick Kobe

so whos better??

TheGame17
SO.................... do you guys just hate them both???

guy222
Kobe>Lebron

koolruningz
Kobe, his game has no holes or weaknesses.
Whereas LeBron still has a ways to go with a few things. If LeBron ever develops a jumper as consistent as Kobe's then the NBA is in trouble, but as it stands he can be taken out of the game if you pack it in like the Spurs did last year and make him a jump shooter. With LeBrons speed and strength it makes him nearly impossible to stop if he gets up a head of steam, he just absorbs contact and dudes seem to bounce off him. Plus he has great court vision and can find the open man in traffic. He has all the physical talent to be the GOAT but he has to master the game on both ends the way Jordan and now Kobe have.
The argument for Kobe or LeBron reminds me of the old Jordan or Magic debate years ago. Obviously LeBron is more physically gifted than Magic (Magic was far more skillful though) but their games are somewhat similar whereas Kobe has been compared to Jordan for years with how he plays. The one thing that they all have in common is that do whatever is needed to win, Kobe has been criticised for years for being a ballhog but imo all he tries to do is win.
Being a Laker fan his shot selection used to frustrate me (usually when he missed) but if you think about it a Kobe fadeaway over three defenders is probably a better percentage shot than a Walton, Kwame or Smush attempt. Now that he has better players around him you see him trust his teammates to finish the plays, take better percentage shots(because the defense isnt focused on just him) and the triangle offense is working beautifully. Jordan was exactly the same when he played with scrubs, people only seem to remember Jordan under Phil Jackson but before that he wasnt giving that ball to anyone who couldnt make the shot because he wanted to win so bad. This is where LeBron is similar to Magic in the fact that he will give the ball up and keep setting up his guys even if they miss, Jordan and Kobe didnt have that kind of patience but you cant argue with their results.
So for now its Kobe>LeBron, but LeBron works on his game and improves every year so the gap will get smaller as he improves and father time catches up to Kobe.

guy222
Kobe is in his prime. LeBron will shatter every record Kobe makes. Can LeBron win a title? Time will tell

Can Kobe win another one. Hell yeah. Lakers stay healthy. Sky is the limit

Kobe>LeBron. No better player in the NBA than Kobe

TheGame17
Originally posted by guy222
Kobe is in his prime. LeBron will shatter every record Kobe makes. Can LeBron win a title? Time will tell

i agree.

FlappingMangera
Kobe is better. Statistically LeBron might be better this year, but Kobe has a team producing, so he doesn't have to carry the load.

I saw this video of Kobe's '05-'06 year. It gave me chills. I don't see LeBron being this good, but time will tell:

http://dory.mncast.com/mncHMovie.swf?movieID=10008127520060907045809

SpaceMonkey
It's not even close really. Very few people ever mention the fact that Kobe is a multiple All-Defensive team. LeBron's defense is adequate, at best. When you say "best player", that means both ends of the floor.

TheGame17
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
It's not even close really. Very few people ever mention the fact that Kobe is a multiple All-Defensive team. LeBron's defense is adequate, at best. When you say "best player", that means both ends of the floor.

ya i'd like to hear another side to this. i wonder if there's anybody that can give me a good reason why Lebron would be better

Lord Evolution

I don't know about that. Lebron might have gotten off to a better start than Kobe(career wise in terms of numbers), but he doesn't strike me as someone who will be playing at a high level in their late 30's. Kobe is a pure a shooter as they come, but he could easily be driving the lane as frequently as Lebron does, but someone who plays like that, someone who relies so heavily on their athleticism wont last as long.

I think in Kobe's case, some significant career records will fall, at the pace he is going, if he's able to play until he's 38, considering he's only 29 and the way he plays then sky's the limit.

I hope Lebron is able to improve his jump shot, because right now he is not a shooter, he's a scorer.

vandalworks
i'm a bit of a sceptic anyway, but i dont think lebron is going to be the person people want as in a new michael jordan style posterchild. hes an amazing player, and yes, has all the potential in the world. but theres things lacking there that needs a lot of work.

kobe, is easily better, considering hes the best player in the nba at this present time. i'd even put kevin garnett above lebron. if kg had a team like lebron has he would have taken the twolves further. as it is, look what hes done with the celtics.

Darth Martin
This shouldn't even be a debate. erm

quanchi112

Kobe>LeBron. No better player in the NBA than Kobe Kobe is better than Lebron now but you know if Lebron had Shaq 5 or 6 years ag at this stage in his career he would have won as well. He went to the finals last year with nobody really complimenting him that well.

Kobe wont win another one imo. The Spurs are way too much for the Lakers in a playoff series.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by quanchi112
Kobe is better than Lebron now but you know if Lebron had Shaq 5 or 6 years ag at this stage in his career he would have won as well. He went to the finals last year with nobody really complimenting him that well.

Kobe wont win another one imo. The Spurs are way too much for the Lakers in a playoff series.

Yeah and if Kobe replaced Kerr on the Bulls he would have 3 more rings....

I don't see your point in mentioning that. Who is to say Lebron would have hittin' those game winners or been as clutch as Kobe. You just don't know. I think it shows how much of a hater someone is to say that in the first place. The fact of the matter is, Kobe won 3 rings and the Lakers wouldn't have won any without him. Lebron lead his team past the Nets, a Wizards team with Arenas and the Pistons, and when he finally ran into a West team, they got swept. Were not ignorant people here buddy, we know the West is far superior to the East. The Lakers have had to play the Suns these past two seasons, and when the Cavs ran into a team of that calibur, they got swept, it's not rocket science.

When Lebron is able to master a jumpshot that is as fluid as Kobe is, then we can put him into the discussion. But right now it's no question for me, Kobe is the best and most skilled player in the NBA.

guy222
Kobe>LeBron yes

The sky is the limit for Kobe. He stays in great shape

Quan, Lakers have a better bench than the Spurs. Bynum comes back in April. If he's healthy, Lakers are goin to humble the Spurs

Pau, Bynum, Odom, Kobe and D Fish. Wat a starting five

SpaceMonkey
Plus, add to all that the fact that LeBron, until this year, never even wanted to take that last shot. He doesn't have the killer instinct Kobe has. Remember when Kobe was a rookie? In the play-offs against the Jazz, he took, and airballed, 2 3-pointers late in the game. For a rookie to have the balls to do that in the play-offs you just had to know that was one heartless muthaf**ka right there. Everyone knew he was destined to hit those shots in the future.

TheGame17
Kobe is better than Lebron now but you know if Lebron had Shaq 5 or 6 years ag at this stage in his career he would have won as well. He went to the finals last year with nobody really complimenting him that well.

he's gonna run out of his athleticism eventually. i doubt his jump shot will be as good as Kobe's later on.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Plus, add to all that the fact that LeBron, until this year, never even wanted to take that last shot. He doesn't have the killer instinct Kobe has. Remember when Kobe was a rookie? In the play-offs against the Jazz, he took, and airballed, 2 3-pointers late in the game. For a rookie to have the balls to do that in the play-offs you just had to know that was one heartless muthaf**ka right there. Everyone knew he was destined to hit those shots in the future.

Until this year? Ever watch the playoffs?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Anyways, I would put Lebron and Kobe at a even level right now. Kobe is more of a complete offensive player but Lebron has a more destructive offensive game as I've never seen players just give up when he's driving. If he works on his mid range and post up game like Jordan did, Lebron could score 100 in a game. Both are very good defenders. That was a weakness of Lebron season's prior, but now the dude is a beast and especially with his freak athleticism, he can easily shut down any guard or forward in the league.

SpaceMonkey
100 in a game? No way anyone's getting 80 again.

Darth Martin
You can argue that LeBron is the MVP of this year. yes And I will argue back in favor of Bryant. smile But in no way, shape, for or fashion is LeBron a better player than Kobe. Kobe is the best by far right now. Best baketball player on the planet.

Oh and the Lakers>Spurs erm

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
You can argue that LeBron is the MVP of this year. yes And I will argue back in favor of Bryant. smile But in no way, shape, for or fashion is LeBron a better player than Kobe. Kobe is the best by far right now. Best baketball player on the planet.

Oh and the Lakers>Spurs erm

I would actually argue the opposite. You can argue that LeBron is a better player, but I still lean towards Kobe being better. But in now way, shape, or fashion is LeBron leading in the MVP, Kobe is starting to put the nails in the coffin on that.

Darth Martin
Well there are a few blogs on NBA.com thinking LeBron is. It's really pissing me off. They're saying he should get it because of his superior stats when Kobe last year and especially in 05-06 killed the league in stats yet Nash won it. mad What the f**k?

guy222
Black Mamba

Darth Martin
Now Guy, did you really need to bring this back up? Us Laker fans are the clear majority here on KMC. We're all, more or less, going to agree and it's not like LeBron will win the poll.

guy222
Yeppers

stick out tongue

Go Lakers. Tomorrow at 6

Darth Martin
thumb up

FistOfThe North
yea, even though the celts are taking it this year, individually Kobe's the best player in the nba but Lbj's the second best player in the nba. both are mostly ballhoggin' crybabies though but you can't deny their skills. they're there.

Darth Martin
LOL

Mindset
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yea, even though the celts are taking it this year, individually Kobe's the best player in the nba but Lbj's the second best player in the nba. both are mostly ballhoggin' crybabies though but you can't deny their skills. they're there. facepalm

WickedDynamite
Without Phil Jackson Kobe is just like Lebron.

guy222
Kobe>King of Nothing Lebron

Darth Martin
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Without Phil Jackson Kobe is just like Lebron. It goes both ways. Without Kobe and Jordan........

Stall_19
For me it's Lebron, actually it's been Lebron since he somehow got that Cleveland team a few years back to the finals when the second best player on that team was Gibson.

The people who keep bringing up Kobe's rings don't seem to understand that an individual player alone can't get it done, it takes the right teammates to surround him. Jordan never won a title without Pippen and Lebron never had a guy that's a consistent all star around him. What happened the year after Shaq was traded to Miami? The Lakers didn't make the playoffs and then the following years they were eliminated in the first round. Why? Because they didn't have the right talent around him. It wasn't until Bynum began to develop that there was hope for the franchise and the one-sided Gasol trade put them over the top.

Take the NBA finals this year for example. In the series Kobe only shot 40% but they won the series because the talent around him. In game 3 with the series tied 1-1 Kobe went 10-29 and the Lakers won. Why? Because Derek Fisher picked up the slack in the forth. In game 7 Kobe shot 6-24 and they won. Why Because Gasol, Artest and Odom played well enough to overcome Kobe's bad game. Imagine if the Lakers lost that game, people would have killed Kobe, but since they won no one mentions it.

Lebron is statistically better than Kobe. He shoots a higher percentage, rebounds more and is a better passer. He also has turned out to be one hell of a defender. He passes the eye test for me as probably other than Steve Nash he is responsible for most of his team's offensive success. He was basically the point guard and finisher for the Cavs. He was responsible for setting up his teammates and scoring 30 points a night. So that's why I think Lebron is better than Kobe.

Although in a few years you might need to add Durant to that poll. That kid can play. As a part time Blazer fan it annoys me they at all the success he's had and Oden hasn't. I can't blame the Blazers on the pick because it absolutely was the right one at the time, but it still stings.

quanchi112
Kobe>King of Nothing Lebron Lebron's more talented imo but Kobe is far better in the clutch. That's th emost important thing. This is a noncontest and Lebron won't ever be considered as better than Kobe due to him teaming up with two all stars. he will share the spotlight unlike Kobe who is the man on his team.

Lebron left a humiliated and defeated man in cleveland where people actually question his heart and whether or not he threew the series against boston.

Darth Martin
Kobe is the more skilled basketball player as well as being smarter and a better leader. No one comes close to having the offensive repertoire that he possesses. LeBron gets more assists and rebounds because of his style of play in Cleveland and his position. Kobe is the better lock down defender(when he wants to be).

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Stall_19
For me it's Lebron, actually it's been Lebron since he somehow got that Cleveland team a few years back to the finals when the second best player on that team was Gibson.

The people who keep bringing up Kobe's rings don't seem to understand that an individual player alone can't get it done, it takes the right teammates to surround him. Jordan never won a title without Pippen and Lebron never had a guy that's a consistent all star around him. What happened the year after Shaq was traded to Miami? The Lakers didn't make the playoffs and then the following years they were eliminated in the first round. Why? Because they didn't have the right talent around him. It wasn't until Bynum began to develop that there was hope for the franchise and the one-sided Gasol trade put them over the top.

Take the NBA finals this year for example. In the series Kobe only shot 40% but they won the series because the talent around him. In game 3 with the series tied 1-1 Kobe went 10-29 and the Lakers won. Why? Because Derek Fisher picked up the slack in the forth. In game 7 Kobe shot 6-24 and they won. Why Because Gasol, Artest and Odom played well enough to overcome Kobe's bad game. Imagine if the Lakers lost that game, people would have killed Kobe, but since they won no one mentions it.

Lebron is statistically better than Kobe. He shoots a higher percentage, rebounds more and is a better passer. He also has turned out to be one hell of a defender. He passes the eye test for me as probably other than Steve Nash he is responsible for most of his team's offensive success. He was basically the point guard and finisher for the Cavs. He was responsible for setting up his teammates and scoring 30 points a night. So that's why I think Lebron is better than Kobe.

Although in a few years you might need to add Durant to that poll. That kid can play. As a part time Blazer fan it annoys me they at all the success he's had and Oden hasn't. I can't blame the Blazers on the pick because it absolutely was the right one at the time, but it still stings.
thumb up

I agree on all points.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but 1-on-1 LeBron's a better 'individual' player than Kobe, imho.

As I see it, his beastly athleticism will trump over Kobe's clutch.
If he drives in the lane every single time, no one can stop him, even Kobe.

What's scary is LeBron's 'almost' on par with Kobe, yet he hasn't even reached his prime.

And about rings... who gives a damn about those damn rings?
Unless we are talking about team achievements, then yes those things count.

I mean, John Stockton never won a championship.
Does that mean Sam Cassell (3 rings) is a much better player than he is? Hell ****in' NO!

Same thing can be said about scoring.
Chris Bosh can probably put up more points than Kevin Garnett, but KG is way better than Bosh.

Jordan accomplished a lot with the help of his team.

He had Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Woolridge, and company to back him up.

If LeBron had a team like Kobe's, there would be no contest in the NBA.

PS: I don't even like both of them.
Dirk Nowitzki FTW! lol

Mindset
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

If LeBron had a team like Kobe's, there would be no contest in the NBA.
lol

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Mindset
lol
Well, current Celts is the only definitive team who can stand up against the Lakers.

If LeBron was with the Lakers, they'd demolish every team in the league. Period.

Mindset
Well, current Celts is the only definitive team who can stand up against the Lakers.

If LeBron was with the Lakers, they'd demolish every team in the league. Period. No, they wouldn't.

Darth Martin
If LeBron was with the Lakers, they'd demolish every team in the league. Period. You act as if the last two teams LeBron has been on were bad.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but 1-on-1 LeBron's a better 'individual' player than Kobe, imho.
Kobe is the better individual player as he scores the most in isolation plays. LeBron might beat Kobe in a game of one-on-one but that doesn't make him the better individual player. Did you see Game 5 of the Finals?Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
As I see it, his beastly athleticism will trump over Kobe's clutch.
If he drives in the lane every single time, no one can stop him, even Kobe. If you are referring to a clutch situation then it's a shame LeBron doesn't always employ this tactic. Evidenced by his sucess(or lack thereof), he has been stopped. At the end of a game I want the ball in Kobe's hands, not LeBron's.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon What's scary is LeBron's 'almost' on par with Kobe, yet he hasn't even reached his prime. It seems to me you just admitted that Kobe Bryant is the better basketball player.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon And about rings... who gives a damn about those damn rings? I do.
Unless we are talking about team achievements, then yes those things count. Basketball is a team sport. The Larry O'Brien championship trophy is the highest quality of sucess in the NBA. What's fact is Kobe has five of them in seven Finals appearances.

LeBron has 0 in one Finals appearance. LeBron has also lost as the number one seed overall for the past two seasons.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I mean, John Stockton never won a championship.
Does that mean Sam Cassell (3 rings) is a much better player than he is? Hell ****in' NO! Don't be ignorant.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Same thing can be said about scoring.
Chris Bosh can probably put up more points than Kevin Garnett, but KG is way better than Bosh. As of right now, no. Bosh is better than Garnett. I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.
Jordan accomplished a lot with the help of his team. Correct.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
He had Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Woolridge, and company to back him up.
LeBron has had a pretty solid supporting cast himself the last two seasons. If he returned this year he would have had the same(if not better) supporting cast. It's really too bad he left isn't it? Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
If LeBron had a team like Kobe's, there would be no contest in the NBA. For the last two seasons LeBron's teams have had the best regular season record in the league. The Cleveland Cavaliers have posted a 2-0 record against the Los Angeles Lakers during the 09-10 season(the first game being an embarrassing Christmas Day 25 point blowout win over the Lakers). So, they were better from a certain standpoint. They collectively failed the last two seasons in the postseason. Much of this can be attributed to LeBron's leadership. Kobe's team seemed to peak during the playoffs. Think Kobe's championship experience may have had something to do with that?

AsbestosFlaygon
Look man.

Kobe has Artest and Gasol, both who were franchise players for their previous teams.

Add to that Odom, Bynum, and the ever-reliable D. Fisher,

Not to mention Lakers has a pretty solid bench, like Farmar, Walton and company.

Plus, Phil Jackson.

With a team like that, any player of Kobe's caliber can win a championship.
I mean, swap him with Wade and Lakers would still win the championship.
Uncertainty only lies in matches against Boston.

Mindset
Artest and Gasol weren't franchise players, are you serious? Although, Gasol was the best player on a shitty Grizzlies team.

Fisher wasn't reliable, neither are Odom and Bynum.

AsbestosFlaygon
Sorry bout that. Yeah, they weren't franchise players.
But both were the best players at one time in their careers in one of their previous teams.

guy222
Still liking Kobe here

guy222
You act as if the last two teams LeBron has been on were bad.
Kobe is the better individual player as he scores the most in isolation plays. LeBron might beat Kobe in a game of one-on-one but that doesn't make him the better individual player. Did you see Game 5 of the Finals? If you are referring to a clutch situation then it's a shame LeBron doesn't always employ this tactic. Evidenced by his sucess(or lack thereof), he has been stopped. At the end of a game I want the ball in Kobe's hands, not LeBron's. It seems to me you just admitted that Kobe Bryant is the better basketball player. I do.
Basketball is a team sport. The Larry O'Brien championship trophy is the highest quality of sucess in the NBA. What's fact is Kobe has five of them in seven Finals appearances.

LeBron has 0 in one Finals appearance. LeBron has also lost as the number one seed overall for the past two seasons. Don't be ignorant. As of right now, no. Bosh is better than Garnett. I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.
Correct. LeBron has had a pretty solid supporting cast himself the last two seasons. If he returned this year he would have had the same(if not better) supporting cast. It's really too bad he left isn't it? For the last two seasons LeBron's teams have had the best regular season record in the league. The Cleveland Cavaliers have posted a 2-0 record against the Los Angeles Lakers during the 09-10 season(the first game being an embarrassing Christmas Day 25 point blowout win over the Lakers). So, they were better from a certain standpoint. They collectively failed the last two seasons in the postseason. Much of this can be attributed to LeBron's leadership. Kobe's team seemed to peak during the playoffs. Think Kobe's championship experience may have had something to do with that?

thumb up

Stall_19
Lebron's more talented imo but Kobe is far better in the clutch. That's the most important thing.

Where do people get this from? Lebron is as clutch as Kobe and the stats reflect it.

82games.com has compiled the stats from every players clutch performances. By the clutch being 5 minutes or less in the 4th and overtime.

In the 2007-2008 season Lebron was first in clutch time performance at 56 point/game and shooting 48% averaged out over 48 minutes. Meaning if Lebron scored the way he did during clutch time but scored that way during the entire game he would average 56 points a game.

Kobe was second at 52 points/game shooting 45%

In the 2008-2009 season Kobe was first at 57 points/game shooting 46%

Lebron was second 56 points/game shooting 56%

Finally during the 2009-2010 season Lebron was first at 66 points/game shooting 49%
'
Kobe was second at 51 points/game shooting 44%

So the past three seasons Lebron and Kobe were one and two in the clutch factor with Lebron being first in two of those season while shooting a higher percentage in all three seasons.

So I'm not sure how you can claim the Kobe is much more clutch than Lebron when the stats say otherwise.

AsbestosFlaygon
LeBron can shoot 3's just as well as Kobe.

Kobe is overrated by the media and the critics.
There are players with skills on par with his, namely Wade and LeBron.

Give Wade and LeBron a team with a roster as good as Kobe's, and they will equal/eclipse Kobe's stats and achievements.

PS:

And to set the record straight, none of them will ever be as good as Jordan.

Stall_19
Where do people get this from? Lebron is as clutch as Kobe and the stats reflect it.

82games.com has compiled the stats from every players clutch performances. By the clutch being 5 minutes or less in the 4th and overtime.

Quick correction It's 5 minute or less in the 4th and overtime with neither team being ahead by more than 5 points.

Darth Martin
I mean, swap him with Wade and Lakers would still win the championship. Possibly. But that wouldn't make Wade better, just comparable.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
LeBron can shoot 3's just as well as Kobe. Regularly, yes. But in a clutch situation, no.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Kobe is overrated by the media and the critics. And LeBron isn't?Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
There are players with skills on par with his, namely Wade and LeBron. No one currently comes close to having the skills Kobe possesses on both ends of the court. Carmelo comes close to matching Kobe's offense skills but Kobe is better defensively by a bit.Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Give Wade and LeBron a team with a roster as good as Kobe's, and they will equal/eclipse Kobe's stats and achievements. I guess we will see this year, right?Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
And to set the record straight, none of them will ever be as good as Jordan. True. But Kobe can atleast be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. LeBron as of right now, can't.

Mindset

Give Wade and LeBron a team with a roster as good as Kobe's, and they will equal/eclipse Kobe's stats and achievements.

Yea, it's real easy to say that without having to actually show proof, because you can't.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yea, it's real easy to say that without having to actually show proof, because you can't.
Proof?
Look at the Lakers roster ffs!

True. But Kobe can atleast be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan. LeBron as of right now, can't.
Right now, Wade is the closest we have seen to a Jordan.
Too bad his team used to be sucky, hence no championship rings.
But opinions are opinions. I respect yours smile

Darth Martin
Wade closest to Jordan? Wade has nowhere near the offensive skills or specifically mid-range jumper that Kobe and Jordan possess. Kobe is better than Wade defensively too when he puts himself to it. Kobe is also a better scorer than Wade.

Mindset
Proof?
Look at the Lakers roster ffs!

Right now, Wade is the closest we have seen to a Jordan.
Too bad his team used to be sucky, hence no championship rings.
But opinions are opinions. I respect yours smile So...I guess you don't know what proof means.

Wade has a ring; Wade is not the closest we've seen to Jordan.

Jordan said Kobe was the best in the league, as did Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, add in that players who have gone against both gave Kobe the nod, I'd go with their opinion over yours.

guy222
Kobe
Wade
Lebron

IMHO

All the talk Lakers have better talent. Well, Cleveland should've surrounded Lebron with talent. They had a broken down Shaq, Big Z and lil Antwan. Nobody talks about they had the best record for two years. Its simply, poor Lebron. He's better than Kobe because of lesser talent. laughing out loud

He has two stars now and a shooter

stick out tongue

Darth Martin
Magic Johnson's opinion doesn't count. He's a bandwagon type guy, always changing his opinion and contradicting what he previously said.

Bird and Jordan are legit though and have consistantly gone with Kobe. I'm sure Olajuwon thinks the same. Wonder what Russell would have to say on the matter.

Wade isn't better than LeBron.

guy222
Magic tends to waver alot

He gave ways for Boston to defeat the Lakers, then he mugs for the camera when the Lakers won

I am not neither a Lebron or Wade fan, but i'd give Bron the nod

I respect ur choice

Darth Martin
I don't mind him stating ways Boston can win because that is his job as an anylist(he's a horrible one at that), but like you said, he'll predict against them and when the Lakers win he acts as if he was backing them all along.

I too am not a fan of either James or Wade. But you did have Wade above LeBron.

Mindset
Magic Johnson's opinion doesn't count. He's a bandwagon type guy, always changing his opinion and contradicting what he previously said.

Bird and Jordan are legit though and have consistantly gone with Kobe. I'm sure Olajuwon thinks the same. Wonder what Russell would have to say on the matter.

Wade isn't better than LeBron. He beat aids.

His opinion > yours.

Stall_19
Kobe
Wade
Lebron

IMHO

All the talk Lakers have better talent. Well, Cleveland should've surrounded Lebron with talent. They had a broken down Shaq, Big Z and lil Antwan. Nobody talks about they had the best record for two years. Its simply, poor Lebron. He's better than Kobe because of lesser talent. laughing out loud

I wouldn't put much stock in the Cavs having the best record and losing in the playoffs. The championship experienced teams tend to just coast through the regular season before turning it on for the playoffs. The Spurs use to do this all the time and the Lakers and Celtics did it this season. I mean the Celtics were playing .500 ball for the last part of the season.

I think Lebron is better than Kobe and I gave my reasoning on my last few posts. Though Kevin Durant is quickly moving up the ranks and he'd be one to watch for.

guy222
I have read the posts and like i said for my fellow Laker buddy. His opinion is respected and urs is also

Durant is a talent

Noban
Allen Iverson

batdude123
No one currently comes close to having the skills Kobe possesses on both ends of the court. Carmelo comes close to matching Kobe's offense skills but Kobe is better defensively by a bit.

laughing out loud

Darth Martin
Words wouldn't hurt.

He beat aids.

His opinion > yours. He got aids.

batdude123
A smiley is worth a thousand words.

Mindset
Words wouldn't hurt.

He got aids. And beat it.

You can't even properly get aids.

Stall_19

You can't even properly get aids.

Sure you can. There's nothing wrong with aids. Everyone should have aids. Aids helps you get through the day. I could help you get aids if you want.

*Chuckles at people who did not watch that South Park episode*

guy222
HIV Virus

Magic never has developed full blown AIDS

He was quoted "God has cured me of AIDS"

batdude123
Sure you can. There's nothing wrong with aids. Everyone should have aids. Aids helps you get through the day. I could help you get aids if you want.

You should have left out this part:

*Chuckles at people who did not watch that South Park episode*

Would've been funnier.

Stall_19
Originally posted by batdude123

Would've been funnier.

Then people might have thought I was crazy. Wouldn't want that. wink

batdude123
Then people might have thought I was crazy. Wouldn't want that. wink

Would've been funnier. Too late now though.

You f*ckin blew it.

Stall_19
Just out of curiosity, in order who are you top 5 players in the NBA?

I'd go 1. Lebron 2.Kobe 3.Wade 4.Howard 5.Durant

Mindset
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Sasha

Stall_19
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
Sasha

Yeah, you opinion in now invalid. smile

Mindset
Can't handle a real bball fan.

Not surprising.

guy222
I'll give my opinion

stick out tongue

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Howard

Stall_19
Can't handle a real bball fan.

Not surprising.

Everyone know Adam Morrison> Sasha. There's no way the Lakers win without his valuable contribution. stick out tongue

I am a real basketball fan. I ordered league pass and watched plenty of games. Just because there is no team in San Diego doesn't mean I can't be a fan.

Darth Martin
And beat it. If I had the HIV virus along with his wallet I'd be fine too.

Just out of curiosity, in order who are you top 5 players in the NBA?

I'd go 1. Lebron 2.Kobe 3.Wade 4.Howard 5.Durant

Best Regular Season Player: LeBron
Best Postseason Player: Kobe

3.Wade
4.Howard
5.Durant

AsbestosFlaygon
1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. LeBron
4. Durant
5. Howard

batdude123
G7xlzLOZH5c

BobbyD
Kobe

quanchi112
Kobe>LeBron yes

The sky is the limit for Kobe. He stays in great shape

Quan, Lakers have a better bench than the Spurs. Bynum comes back in April. If he's healthy, Lakers are goin to humble the Spurs

Pau, Bynum, Odom, Kobe and D Fish. Wat a starting five My comments seemed a little off didn't they. At the end of the day right now anyways Kobe is clutch while Lebron is more of a physical genetic freak. You always go with clutch though that's what wins championships.

GBang
Well, I would say Kobe as he is a complete player with clutch and has that x factor that helped them win back to back championships.
Lebron is an amazing player but seems to lack that killer instinct that Mj had and Kobe has. He lost it in the play offs. OK Lakers jus simply lost but as a player Kobe is better. Lebron looks better on paper but who would you want to take that last shot?

Rambo Moe
LeBron. Easy.

wannabecool
I would personally pick Lebron over Kobe anytime.. Just my opinion.

wannabecool

quanchi112
Things have changed. LeBron. He seems like he's turned clutch along with being physically superior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.