Which Side Do You Support?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThoraxeRMG
Do you support the Sith or the Jedi?
State your reasons why as well.

123KID
the Jedi are filled with flaws
the Old Jedi Order of the PT emphasized discipline and control of emotion to the point you have to suppress or deny that emotion
this helped the ticking timebomb Anakin Skywalker get further down the path of the Dark Side
the New Jedi Order started by Luke wants people to openly love an dexpress passion and that led to the split of the Jedi during the early books of the NJO series with Kyp Durron being the leader of the split

the Sith are all about being honest with yourself and that's good

caedusrulesall
I support the Sith because I know that the Sith have the power to destroy the Yuuzhan Vong when they do come (of course the Vong are the biggest threat to the Galaxy ever...period), while the Jedi do not. The only reason the Galactic Alliance won the Vong War was simple book mechanics: the good guys have to win. Realistically only the Sith would have the power to destroy the Vong.

Plus the Jedi pointlessly ignore powerful powers the Sith use such as Force lightning, Force Drain, Force Kill etc. which of course help oneself accomplish one's goals much faster (i.e. through killing anyone that gets in your way). The Sith way is the natural order of the Galaxy.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

exanda kane
Eck, somewhat remniscent of the tension in the US betweeen rhetoric and reality. Not likin' that analogy? Ah right, forget it then.

Elite Hunter
I prefer the sith too. I mean with the sith ruling the galaxy, is when imo is the point when the planets of the empire(formally of the republic) are the safest as long as they don't piss off the sith then they can say bye bye to their home world. wink Being a sith allows you to be yourself and not be restricted by pointless rules.

truejedi
I would say the Jedi because the Sith are SO predictable. It always comes down to hating and shooting lightning out of their hands.... Jedi find a variety of ways to kill things.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by truejedi
I would say the Jedi because the Sith are SO predictable. It always comes down to hating and shooting lightning out of their hands.... Jedi find a variety of ways to kill things.

But it's not only lightning...you've got my personal favorite Force Drain, too.

Go Kreia killing 3 Masters with a single Drain!

Elite Hunter
I am fond of the force crush and Kun's ebony lightning

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I am fond of the force crush and Kun's ebony lightning

It's all good.

Blax_Hydralisk
Jedi.

The Sith are pathetic fools who will NEVER achieve total victory because they're too busy being fvcking retards killing each other/ scheming against each other.

Jedi ruled the Galaxy for thousands upon thousands of years. Sith died out.

Jedi >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sith

MasterAshenVor
I go for Jedi

The Sith are PURE IDIOTS like whats his face said up there they are always ****ing up each other

SCHEMEING AGINST EACH OTHER

KILLING EACH OTHER

CRYING ABOUT SOMETHING SOMEONE ELSE HAS

BEING SO POWER HUNGRY THEY CANT SEE THEIR HAND INFRONT OF THEIR FACE.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG

Sith because Freedon nadd was one

Lt. Valerian
The Sith are far worse than any Jedi. Anyone in his right mind would see that. They may be cooler-looking and have cooler powers, but they are selfish, power-hungry idiots gone mad in their quest for power, who will eventually destroy each other. The Jedi, on the other hand are, quite simply, the contrary.

Tangible God
The awesome powers aside, does anyone really want to be on the side where you know one day, you're gonna get stabbed in the back? Do the Sith ever win? I'd rather be on the side that actually allows for some peace and quiet, and where you're not constantly checking every corner, testing every meal for poison.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well if you're Bane, I guess you don't really care about the poison.

Tangible God
Teehee, I always giggle like a schoolgirl whenever someone mentions Bane.

Crap, I think Nebaris has socked my mind.

Darth Exodus
The Sith Ideology is far superior to the Jedi's. There are no good Jedi that I like, only Sith. Plus the Freedom already mentioned.

Ivalice
I'd go suck banes dick.

Darth Exodus
Urm........ good for you.

Bane's philosophy is the best ever though. The jedi are too constricting, their concept of no emotion is the worst one ever conceived. You might as well deny yourself eyes. Plus, is there any jedi who is even remotely likable?

exanda kane
I do hope you are having a laugh:

"The Sith Ideology is far superior"

Of course, if you are pulling everyones leg then well done and even if you're speaking with tongue-in-cheek,well done. Yeah, it would be funny if you were nut enough to believe a pulp ideology from SW.

Darth Exodus
A don't believe in taking over the Universe or anything, but I do agree with the basic Sith concepts of 'survival of the fittest' and 'equality is a lie' etc. I would still think this way without SW though. By contrast the Jedi ideals of sacrifice and emotional paralysis seem pathetic.

Blax_Hydralisk
Which is why the Jedi always win and most Sith never make it past the age of like 60?

Darth Exodus
What?! Dooku, Sidious, Krayt, Traya, Qordis and that wierd Sith from Krayts holocrons all surpassed the age of 60. And this isn't about winning its about philosophy, in which the Jedi are vastly weaker.

Blax_Hydralisk
Dooku was only a Sith for maybe the last twenty years of his life, and he was in his eighties. So he was already past 60 when he became a Sith. So you have two who made it past 60. Congrats.

Sith philosophy is weak. If they had a good philosophy they wouldn't destroy themselves from the inside.

Working together for one common goal is always >>> individual agendas, which is apart of Sith philosophy.

EDIT- It's ironic that a group of people ewho's golden rule is self-preservation, usually die so early because of their self-destructive ways.

Darth Exodus
Hence the Rule of Two

HA!! Yes, THAT'S the way the world works!! You help others and everythings hunky dorrey. Wake up commy, the mass is weak, the individual is strong. Those with power and strength get the glory that they deserve and everyone else gets pwned. 'Equality is a lie'= truth.

Blax_Hydralisk
How the way world works, is completely irrelevant.

The world is a complete shithole because the real world follows the Sith philosophy.

So that's still only proving my point. Reality does not equate to perfection, or plausibility.

You can look at it any way you want, and cry. But the fact of the matter is that the Jedi had control of the Galaxy for thousands of years, and they worked together, and always won in the end. The Sith ruled the galaxy for twenty years, then, *gasp*. What happened? The leader was backstabbed by his closest ally and thrown down an energy shaft. Bye bye Sith. Bye bye control of the Galaxy. They are constantly destroying themselves using their own golden rule.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
I do agree with the basic Sith concepts of 'survival of the fittest' and 'equality is a lie' etc.

Get out.

I'd rather you believe in the Sith from Star Wars than profess to agree with those "ideals."

Tangible God
What?! Dooku, Sidious, Krayt, Traya, Qordis and that wierd Sith from Krayts holocrons all surpassed the age of 60. And this isn't about winning its about philosophy, in which the Jedi are vastly weaker. Ahem. Yup, Krayt's unfinished story aside, those guys you mentioned... all dead. Killed to be exact.

Killed by Jedi, or by each other. One was killed at the behest of another Sith. Bet none of us saw that coming.

It's the constant LOSING that makes the Sith inferior. The constant backstabbing and betrayals, and endless suspicion. You can be stronger than any Jedi alive, but when you piss everyone else off to the point they turn on you... you're weak.

If you're so goddamned arrogant and blind that you don't see your apprentice deliver the killing blow to you... you're weak.

The Jedi die a lot too, and they've got flaws like every ideology, but at least they know how to get along. At least in a Jedi enclave, you don't have to worry about a fellow colleague turning everyone against you, or plot to murder you.

And the thing so lovely about the Jedi compared to the Sith is... they win, often. Very often. In fact, excluding the unfinished stories, the Jedi have won every time.

When you get right down to it, you join the Sith for freedom and power. But when you're DEAD, it doesn't mean much.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG

I support only the njo jedi. they were more open to emotions which were part of humanity.

the sith take the quick and easy path and use thier powers for torture not for justice.
the sith believe in social darwinism thats based on strength in the force, which is why they always try to take over the world and usurp thier masters.

the jedi belive in redemption and giving everyone a chance, the sith on the other hand are either brutal blood lusting beasts, like sion, malak and maul, or conniving traitors like siddious, traya and dooku.

look at order 66 and the way each sith died as perfect examples of why sith shouldnt rule.
While not all jedi are perfect, at least they strive for the better goal.

besides, everytime a sith comes to power, all it takes it one jedi to take him down. all it took was jedi revan to down malak. exile to down the whole triumvirate mostly single handedly. luke to get rid of siddious. the whole point is sith are so hungry for power they consume themselves but jedi fight for peace

LORD JLRTENJAC
I disagree with the sith, because they were always falling apart, and betraying eachother all the time, well that and the whole ruthlessness thing...

I have to admit, though the Jedi teachings are full on holes, in truth I'd have to side with them since they fight for justice... and not power.

However, both groups are far from perfect.

Originally posted by Man of Christ
the jedi belive in redemption and giving everyone a chance, the sith on the other hand are either brutal blood lusting beasts, like sion, malak and maul, or conniving traitors like siddious, traya and dooku.

Hey, don't forget Bane, and Revan.

Gideon
I can agree that the unity of the Jedi is certainly superior, by leagues, to the Sith idealogy of self preservation in the long-run, and I can also agree that their lack of foresight is ridiculous, and the irony of self-destruction for a self-preserving Order is hilarious.

However, that said, the Jedi most certainly did not -- under any circumstances -- control the galaxy. They were bound slaves to the Old Republic; civil servants. They helped direct the course of the galaxy and maintained order, but their control and influence is nothing compared to the Sith ascension, Blax. Palpatine directly controlled the galaxy under a larger and more "unified" regime than the Jedi. So, yes, some of these people do have a point.

Furthermore, while I also agree that it is alarming how often the Jedi seem to win due to Sith stupidity, I will also point out that when the Sith finally did win absolutely -- the PT -- the Sith responsible was one man. One. Man. ****ed over a Jedi Order of 10,000 and knocked them off their perch. That ownage is more than most Jedi can claim.

Lt. Valerian
Yeah, both ideologies are flawed, far from perfect. But the Sith ways are just crazy... I mean my god, they're corrupted, selfish, self-centered, self-destructive, betrayal, power-hungry, full-of-hatred ideologies... nothing can be worse than that...

The ideologies I support are the ones of the New Jedi Order, not PT or older.

McLovin
This thread alone is why the EU sucks.

I'll take the Jedi.

Why?

Because they don't take it in the ass.

exanda kane
I think they do. They both must.

Darth Exodus
If by variety you mean lightsaber duel, then yes.
And you obviously have never played KOTOR or read DE. The Sith have the widest range of killing techniques ever.

Darth Exodus
But the Jedi never enjoyed it. The Sith always have fun. Look at that merry fellow malak.

Darth Exodus
Are you honestly saying that given the choice, you would dedicate your whole life to the need's of other's. That goes to all of you.
The Jedi use their power only for others and take nothing for themselves. They are beyond stupidity. They waste their power and their lives.
The Sith are not perfect but they are far more preferable than the Idiocy of the Jedi.
Name me one Jedi genius.
The Sith have at least 10

Up yours. I can believe whatever I want. At least I have a valid opinion and philosophy.
My Philosophy is based on Nietzche. Yours on diddly scwat

Watch Equilibrium. That would be a Jedi's wet dream.
And have you heard of Caedus?!!

Blax_Hydralisk
Are you honestly saying that given the choice, you would dedicate your whole life to the need's of other's. That goes to all of you.

I already have. And again your trying to apply their ideals to the way the world works now. Realism does not equate to plausabiltiy. If anything Sith ideology runs more rampant through our own society and as a result the world is a shithole.

Being responsible and not greedy >> taking what they want, then dying a week later.

So your only basis for the Sith being better is because they try to get what they want.

Right...

Depends on what context. "Genius" is relative.

Darth Exodus
Only for some. For the strong it is luxury.

exanda kane
Up yours. I can believe whatever I want. At least I have a valid opinion and philosophy.
My Philosophy is based on Nietzche. Yours on diddly scwat

I call bollocks. The mere fact you now seem to be using an analogy of Star Wars with Nietzche ideals is laughable: what are you, middle class or something?

You're funny kiddo.

LORD JLRTENJAC
But everything is Bullocks to you Kane.

exanda kane
Most things are bollocks actually, but your kiddy vendetta iss funny. By all means, carry on.

ONTOPIC: Jedi or Sith, Jedi or Sith, Jedi or Sith. Nope, I abstain and stick my noggin in with the Smugglers, Pilots and Everymen of SW.

The big EH
if sith weren't all evil power hungry bastards and leaders of the empire didn't ge corrupted then i'd be with the sith, but since they all have those qualities then i side with the jedi (however they are greatly flawed) the NJO (like in legacy of the force and stuff) is set up differently like it's not the power thats forbidden it's how you use it (i.e. using force lighting to torture somebody=dark side, using force lighting to power something or kill an universally evil person=light side) that's just from what i've heard though i've yet to read them, although i've read summaries.
but as they saw, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. and it's true look at our history. and i read somewhere somebody talked about how good always wins, it's not true looke at the Galactic Empire, good lost there but eventually won and then in Legacy good lost and has yet to win. but even so again it's a trait wierdly shared with history good always wins in this world (both persian invasions and WW2 are just 3 examples)

Captain REX
The Jedi, obviously. They're all about selflessly defending the galaxy and, you know, not throwing it in darkness and committing mass murder.

Blax_Hydralisk
Only for some. For the strong it is luxury.

What? No they don't.

God. When I read your pseudo-badass posts they frustrate me so much I want to punch a terminally ill orphan in the face.

Captain REX
Originally posted by exanda kane
Most things are bollocks actually, but your kiddy vendetta iss funny. By all means, carry on.

ONTOPIC: Jedi or Sith, Jedi or Sith, Jedi or Sith. Nope, I abstain and stick my noggin in with the Smugglers, Pilots and Everymen of SW.

I'll gladly throw my lot in with the everymen too, actually. While it was the training provided by Kenobi and Yoda and the efforts of Luke that finally ended Palpatine's reign, he could never have even destroyed the Death Star without Han Solo flying in to save his hide....

Darth Exodus
Ever heard of Stalin? Or the Romans? Sparticus? Hannibal? Jesus? Alexander? Joan Of Arc? Troy? Julius Caesar? Cleopatra? Vietnam? And dare I say it.... Iraq?

You should!!! It's very Fun!!!

Sesse

Yeah, it would be funny if you were nut enough to believe a pulp ideology from SW.

Me kinda believes that smokin'

Darth Exodus
And then you should tell them 'your mamma' jokes. That'll really set them off.

Constant conflict forces a person to stretch to their full ability and then exceed that. Do you think that Luke would be half the Jedi that he was without Sidious? Or Anakin half of what he was without Dooku?

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Captain REX
I'll gladly throw my lot in with the everymen too, actually. While it was the training provided by Kenobi and Yoda and the efforts of Luke that finally ended Palpatine's reign, he could never have even destroyed the Death Star without Han Solo flying in to save his hide....

I have to agree here, but when it comes to the underlying philosophies between the Jedi and sith, I have to stick with the Jedi.

From your point of view. But then again, believe it or not, your point of view can be wrong.

Darth Exodus
Better 1 day of passion than a life of peace.
'O, for a life of sensations rather than thought'(or something)-Keats.

Blax_Hydralisk
Why do you respond to what I say in fragments like that? Do you read it, have nothing to say, then think of something badass while in the middle of a raid on WoW and race back here to say it?

The big EH
Ever heard of Stalin? Or the Romans? Sparticus? Hannibal? Jesus? Alexander? Joan Of Arc? Troy? Julius Caesar? Cleopatra? Vietnam? And dare I say it.... Iraq?

You should!!! It's very Fun!!! ya i have, like i said those were just three examples but Vietnam as never really ended, they just stopped fighting each other because of how long it was, and iraq has very little to do with 'evil' unless your talking about the black evil that they are drilling out of iraq, putting them in containers and shipping it right back to america. and dont get me started on jesus stick out tongue

exanda kane
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
From your point of view. But then again, believe it or not, your point of view can be wrong.

Aye, from my point of view laddie. What is your point? No, wait, I remember - you're the guy with no constructive arguments nor points whatsoever aren't you? Good fo ryou sonny jim.

ON TOPIC: JEEDI ISK BADB.

Light_Sith
Which do I support?

I would like to bash their heads together.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Aye, from my point of view laddie. What is your point? No, wait, I remember - you're the guy with no constructive arguments nor points whatsoever aren't you? Good fo ryou sonny jim.

ON TOPIC: JEEDI ISK BADB.

Ah, that's right, you're the one who can't argue without throwing insults... I forgot.

And with that I'm done... for now.

exanda kane
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
Ah, that's right, you're the one who can't argue without throwing insults... I forgot.

And with that I'm done... for now.

Aye, honestly if you find yourself in a debate with a complete tosspot you will understand that you just get plain bored through the lack of your opponents argument.

ONTOPIC: ISK JEEDI HAV HATS AN STUFF, WELLAS SABERISHK. WE WELLKE SABERISHK. SWISHK SWISHK. SITHI DONT KRUEK.

Lord Knightfa11
niether. i support kreia. the force is a threat to itself and takes countless lives because of the extremes that it forces upon others. who do i like better? not the jedi, and not the sith... i choose... ZAYNE CARRICK!!!! yea... lmao... sith have way cooler abilities, clothes, and lightsabers. (i like the orange one from kotor 2).

the jedi are far too passive and weak, and the sith are far too aggresive and evil. balance is the way.
jedi need to learn a little bit of freedom and become more aggresive in learning powers and combat styles. the way they outcast anyone who acts aggresive is the way that was eventually their end twice and the begining of the two new jedi orders. (first the exile's new jedi order, and then luke skywalkers) if they would learn that emotions and feelings are acceptable and that agressive attacks are necessary sometimes for the greater good, then they would eventually prevale. no dam bastard ever won a war by dying for his country... they won the war by making the other dam bastard die for his country!--general patton.

and the sith are just pure evil and intent upon hurting others... this is their flaw.

Darth Exodus
Revan never did anything especially evil, or Exar Kun, or Bane, or Qel'Droma, or (to my knowledge) Maul.

Man of Christ
Revan never did anything especially evil, or Exar Kun, or Bane, or Qel'Droma, or (to my knowledge) Maul.

Revan : Betraying the republic and leading to the slaughter of hundreds od jedi is not especialy evil?! dont even get me started on the star forge thing.

Exar Kun: Enslaving the massassi people?

Bane: That dude breathed "especially evil" He went around to various planets sluaghtering people

ulic: Killing his brother, i think thats espacially evil

maul: he slaughteres qui-gon, c'mon?

Elite Hunter
And it was Kun who was responsible for the Dark Reaper and he was responsible for Aleema causing the cron cluster stars to go super nova.

Bane also was responsible for the thought bomb which wiped out the brotherhood and jedi alike.

Revan also left worlds (prob. with billions of civilians) undefended purposely to make other worlds to fortified to attack,while it is a good strategy, I doubt any jedi or high ranking officer in the republic would do that themselves and his holocron sounds pretty evil/sith like to me.

Darth Exodus
None of that stuff even compares to Luke Skywalker level of evil, He blew up the Death Star, slaughtering hundreds of thousands of personel, not to mention all the others that he's killed and he doesn't even feel bad about it for 40 yrs!!!!!! He's Mega evil. Plus the Jedi are Evil becuase they practically kidnap infants and then teach them to kill people!!!! That's meanhearted that is.
And I think your mistaking Ruthlessness for Evil. None of those Sith enjoyed any of that (except for Maul but he was odd anyway).

Man of Christ
None of that stuff even compares to Luke Skywalker level of evil, He blew up the Death Star, slaughtering hundreds of thousands of personel, not to mention all the others that he's killed and he doesn't even feel bad about it for 40 yrs!!!!!! He's Mega evil. Plus the Jedi are Evil becuase they practically kidnap infants and then teach them to kill people!!!! That's meanhearted that is.
And I think your mistaking Ruthlessness for Evil. None of those Sith enjoyed any of that (except for Maul but he was odd anyway).

The personel luke destroyed were responsible for order 66 which slaughtered hundreds of jedi.
plus, it was UTILITARIAN to destroy the death star,
that same death star had just got finished blowing up a planet which had women and children on it.
(NOT TO MNTION THAT THIS BABY KILLING MECHANISM KNOWN AS THE DEATH STAR WAS CREATED THANKS TO A SITH KNOWN AS COUNT DOOKU)
jedi trained to kill ? please do some research on FORM ZERO of lightsaber combat.

Infants are not kidnapped but taken at the CONSENT of the parents, once the jedi find the baby to be force sensitive

Darth Exodus
Whatever. All I know is that by the time he was 14, Ben was already a murderer, thanks to the 'skillz' of the jedi. And didn't the 10 yr old Aurra Sing try to kill Qui-gon.

No, it was the Fett clones that carried out order 66 and they all died shortly after. The personel were innocent and there were even a number of Wookie slaves on there (Rise of Darth Vader), most of the personel were probably coerced and had families and stuff.
But Luke doesn't care does he? Nope.

Yeah, but they still separate kids from parents and manipulate them with guilt etc. And once they take the baby the parents never see them again, except in special circumstances (Roan Shyne). Furthermore, what right do they have to just take a child and completely decide their entire life for them, indoctrinating them from birth. In my eyes thats much worse than what most Sith do.

Man of Christ
Whatever. All I know is that by the time he was 14, Ben was already a murderer, thanks to the 'skillz' of the jedi. And didn't the 10 yr old Aurra Sing try to kill Qui-gon.

No, it was the Fett clones that carried out order 66 and they all died shortly after. The personel were innocent and there were even a number of Wookie slaves on there (Rise of Darth Vader), most of the personel were probably coerced and had families and stuff.

Yeah, but they still separate kids from parents and manipulate them with guilt etc. And once they take the baby the parents never see them again, except in special circumstances (Roan Shyne). Furthermore, what right do they have to just take a child and completely decide their entire life for them, indoctrinating them from birth. In my eyes thats much worse than what most Sith do.

1) "whatever" is not a good enough answer you need to be informed before you speak. Jedi are trained to protect and serve not to murder.

2) I guess the fact that the same death star killed millions of babies and that luke was being utilitarian is meaningless to you.

3) THE PARENTS CONSENT TO HAVING THE CHILD JOIN THE JEDI ORDER.

you say thats much worse than what the sith do.

please tell me how raising a child from birth is worse than enslaving the entire galaxy such as what siddious did.
please tell me how thats worse than destroying entire planets with the push of a button

Blax_Hydralisk
Because in Exodus's "point of view", the Jedi are evil.

His view in nonsensical though.

Darth Exodus
Enslavement of the Mind is always much, much worse than anything you can do to the body. Forcing people to give up Love and even Hate is just about the greatest evil that I know of.
And they take them from uneducated peasants who don't realise what their doing untill too late.

See ya tommorrow!!!

Man of Christ
Enslavement of the Mind is always much, much worse than anything you can do to the body. Forcing people to give up Love and even Hate is just about the greatest evil that I know of.
And they take them from uneducated peasants who don't realise what their doing untill too late.

See ya tommorrow!!!

its not enslavement, the jedi have a right to leave the order.

and they dont always recruit froma peasants

DOOKU USED TO BE A JEDI AND WAS OF NOBLE BLOOD

Blax_Hydralisk

They're not "enslaving" them into doing anything... you goose. Everything is done with free will, except for the occasional mind trick. Sith do worse though. They forcivly take you, THEN brainwash you into doing their will.

Speculation. Prove it.

Elite Hunter
Man of Christ hit the nail on the head.

Lord Knightfa11
or Bane,

check my sig. he puts his foot on a wounded persons face and squishes it because he called himself a sith lord.

Darth Exodus
You guys are bullshiting. They take them from anyone desparate enough to give up the child that they've nurtured and loved for 9 months and then never let them see them again. Dooku was an exception. And so what if they have the option to leave! The jedi have raised them for 20 yrs or so, they've essentially brainwashed them all their lives by telling them that they're going to be big, powerful jedi and by continually reinforcing why the jedi are so great and how their own life is meaningless untill the point when they instictively sacrifice themselves without a second thought!!!
At least the Sith offer a choice (except Sidious with Maul, but Sids is definately evil and I hate him).
And that thing with Bane wasn't evil, just Funny!! big grin big grin

Man of Christ
You guys are bullshiting. They take them from anyone desparate enough to give up the child that they've nurtured and loved for 9 months and then never let them see them again. Dooku was an exception. And so what if they have the option to leave! The jedi have raised them for 20 yrs or so, they've essentially brainwashed them all their lives by telling them that they're going to be big, powerful jedi and by continually reinforcing why the jedi are so great and how their own life is meaningless untill the point when they instictively sacrifice themselves without a second thought!!!
At least the Sith offer a choice (except Sidious with Maul, but Sids is definately evil and I hate him).
And that thing with Bane wasn't evil, just Funny!! big grin big grin

there is almost no point in debating with you because you simply repeat yourself and dont address any of our points.

the parents have the OPTION of whether or not to give up thier child.
and the whole 9 months portion of your argument is just speculation.
youre just trying to appeal to people emotions. not all jedi are human so you cannot accurately tell that all gestation periods are 9 months.

THEY STILL HAVE THE OPTOION TO LEAVE THE ORDER.

and let me fininsh you off now

IF IT WASNT FOR JEDI LIKE LUKE, AND LIGHTSIDE REVAN, THE GALAXY WOULD STILL E ENSLAVED BY THE SITH AND PLANETS DESTROYED AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON.

Ushgarak
As ever, all this talk of moral ambiguity would be fine in some settings, but NOT Star Wars, which has a black and white morality.

Hence:

1. Everyone on the Death Star was evil and hence it was fine to blow them up as else all the good people would have died; no exceptions, no argument.

2. The Jedi are the good guys, therefore in the Star Wars setting everything they do is with good and moral reason, and this extends to their taking of force sensitves for training.

This kind of thing is simply unarguable in Star Wars. If you want that kind of thing, try Babylon 5 or Battlestar Galactica.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Ushgarak
As ever, all this talk of moral ambiguity would be fine in some settings, but NOT Star Wars, which has a black and white morality.

Hence:

1. Everyone on the Death Star was evil and hence it was fine to blow them up as else all the good people would have died; no exceptions, no argument.

2. The Jedi are the good guys, therefore in the Star Wars setting everything they do is with good and moral reason, and this extends to their taking of force sensitves for training.

This kind of thing is simply unarguable in Star Wars. If you want that kind of thing, try Babylon 5 or Battlestar Galactica. I love absolutes you Sithly Mod you.

Darth Exodus
If it wasn't for Jedi like Luke and Revan there wouldn't even be a Sith Order and even if there was then they wouldn't need to create a Death Star. And It could be argued that if you use something like the Death Star (Hiroshima) and scare all your opponants into submission then you may actually save more lives in the long run.

But very few do becuase the Jedi are all they've ever known and they've been indoctrinated their entire lives to believing in self-sacrifice etc. The Indoctrination of children is what I meant by Enslavement of the mind. Also the idea of no attachment, no emotions and no family is find to be morally repugnant.

Man of Christ
If it wasn't for Jedi like Luke and Revan there wouldn't even be a Sith Order and even if there was then they wouldn't need to create a Death Star.

LOL dude the sith order existed before revan and luke, ever heard of ajunta pall? marka ragnos? Exar kun?

nobody is gonna successfully scare palpatine when ha can have planets destroyed at the push of a button. so the only way to stop him was to destroy the death star

and again THE PARENTS AND THE CHILD HAVE THE OPTION OF WHETHER OR NOT TO LEAVE THE ORDER.

Tangible God
If it wasn't for Jedi like Luke and Revan there wouldn't even be a Sith Order and even if there was then they wouldn't need to create a Death Star. And It could be argued that if you use something like the Death Star (Hiroshima) and scare all your opponants into submission then you may actually save more lives in the long run.

But very few do becuase the Jedi are all they've ever known and they've been indoctrinated their entire lives to believing in self-sacrifice etc. The Indoctrination of children is what I meant by Enslavement of the mind. Also the idea of no attachment, no emotions and no family is find to be morally repugnant. Guess the torture Sith acolytes go through is much more humane. Hell, at least they get to die, those nasty Jedi would never let you get away that easy. And what with the Jedi making their students believe a certain ideal which upholds that all life has value and should be protected, those bastards just can't compare to the Sith's fair treatment: you know, all that physical enslavement, murder, treachery, Machiavellian attitude, complete disregard for life.

But that's nothing compared to those monsters in the Jedi temple.

Mr. Slippyfist
maul: he slaughteres qui-gon, c'mon? Qui-Gon was evil for existing.

Maul is good in my books...

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Qui-Gon was evil for existing.

Maul is good in my books...

Blasphemy Qui-Gon owns mad so does maul

MadMel
@ exodus
are you serious?
ok firstly
they let their anger overtake them...jedi do kill, but only as a last resort, and only in the name of justice (with the exception of mace windu killing jango fett, that was merely a plot point to make boba hate jedi)
proof?
it was a war...people kill other people in wars...do they feel bad about it? yes..do they try to repress those felling to continue fighting in the the war? yes..does killing someone in a war make the killer evil? no
Yeah, but they still separate kids from parents with their parent's permission...this was heavily implied in jedi apprentice 9 - the fight for truth
And once they take the baby the parents never see them again, except in special circumstances (Roan Shyne). wrong
obi-wan got to revisit his family once, as did all jedi children (jedi apprentice 3)
Furthermore, what right do they have to just take a child and completely decide their entire life for them, indoctrinating them from birth. In my eyes thats much worse than what most Sith do.
several things wrong here -
1. they have the right because their parent let them take the child.
2. they dont decide the life of the padawan. the padawans, and any jedi for that matter, are allowed to leave the order when they wish, as what happened with ren s'orn and ray'noor (jedi apprentice - 11-13)

Darth Exodus
I'm never totally serious. Rule 4- never let anyone know your true stance or feelings.

Do the parents have the right? Does anyone have the right to totally decide how the rest of your life will go? For me it just seems needlessly cold hearted and cruel to separate parents and children bwfore they even get the chance to know one anouther. I can barely imagine how psychologically damaging it would be for the child.

Oh I get it, so killing someone is only bad when its a faceless individual that you can just write off as obviously evil becuase their superiors were.
It's only bad when you can't turn round, point and say 'he made me do it'. Knowing that something is bad and still doing it obviously makes it okay.
Wow, truely you possess godlike wisdom and morals.

Bull, with their level of training and skill, jedi could easily disable or K.O. opponents but they don't.

Man of Christ
I'm never totally serious. Rule 4- never let anyone know your true stance or feelings.

Do the parents have the right? Does anyone have the right to totally decide how the rest of your life will go? For me it just seems needlessly cold hearted and cruel to separate parents and children bwfore they even get the chance to know one anouther. I can barely imagine how psychologically damaging it would be for the child.

Oh I get it, so killing someone is only bad when its a faceless individual that you can just write off as obviously evil becuase their superiors were.
It's only bad when you can't turn round, point and say 'he made me do it'. Knowing that something is bad and still doing it obviously makes it okay.
Wow, truely you possess godlike wisdom and morals.

Bull, with their level of training and skill, jedi could easily disable or K.O. opponents but they don't.

Dath Exodus it seems you did not research lightsaber form zero like i told you.

tsk tsk tsk

MadMel
I'm never totally serious. Rule 4- never let anyone know your true stance or feelings. it certainly works for you, as peopl dont seem to take you seriously

Do the parents have the right? Does anyone have the right to totally decide how the rest of your life will go? For me it just seems needlessly cold hearted and cruel to separate parents and children before they even get the chance to know one anouther. I can barely imagine how psychologically damaging it would be for the child..do parent have a right to send their child to school, even if it isnt a law (hypothetical) and the child doesnt want to? indeed, if it was for their own good. if jedi dont get trained there is a good chance they'll turn to the darkside..if jedi become to attatched to their families...they start to know attatchement, possesion, which are traits that lead to the darkside (xanatos, anyone??)

Wow, truely you possess godlike wisdom and morals..way to completely miss my point roll eyes (sarcastic)
in war, people have no choice but to kill other people, otherwise they die, or the other side "wins"..its a fact of life..killing people is wrong..killing people who are trying to kill you or someone you know and love is still wrong, but it has to be done..if luke hadnt destroyed the death star, it would have destroyed the rebels, meaning that the empire would still exist to brutalize nations, destroy whole planets (killing billions, instead of thousands) and have ridiculas taxes that end up killing more people eventually..
i know which side is less evil erm

Bull, with their level of training and skill, jedi could easily disable or K.O. opponents but they don't. yes they do, have you read and on the books set in the PT?? jedi dont kill unless they absolutely must..otherwise they do KO or disarm people (if there ever are any people, most of the time its droids roll eyes (sarcastic) )
maybe you should actually read the PT books before making judgements about the jedi order..

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Blasphemy Qui-Gon owns mad so does maul Qui-Gon sucks like an 80 year old whore.

Maul's cool though.

chik4lit
Out of curiosity, how much can an eighty-year old whore really suck? I mean, think of the logistics.

Blax_Hydralisk
You are made of win for asking that.

chik4lit
win?

Blax_Hydralisk
Right. Win.

I suppose that you're not familiar with the more nerdier parts of internet lingo?

MadMel
win = he liked what you said erm

Blax_Hydralisk
I was gonna say that in my edit.. beat me to it though.

MadMel
hehehe evil face

Blax_Hydralisk
Laugh all you want. I'm gonna go play Brawl now.

evil face

chik4lit
Thanks for clarifying, because it sounded kind of bad. confused

Blax_Hydralisk
Nah... it's a compliment.

MadMel
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Laugh all you want. I'm gonna go play Brawl now.

evil face
you little *****..you sonnova ***** *** ***** im gonna tear off your *****, and shove them right up your ***** ***** *** and ******* in the ******* on your ******* ***** *** you ***** so then youll have to **** sideways.........****!!!!!

stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
laughing

stick out tongue

I don't even have the game yet... sad

MadMel
we share the same pain sad

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by chik4lit
Out of curiosity, how much can an eighty-year old whore really suck? I mean, think of the logistics. If she has no teeth, with a whore-age of experience, then a lot more than a 12-79 year old whore.

Darth Exodus
Define 'evil'

chik4lit
Whenever I've heard people answer that question, most definitions are some variation of "selfish."

Luminatus
I don't see the problem with the Dark Side.
If they didn't use it, Luke and Obi-Wan be dead and the Galaxy be doomed.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Luminatus
I don't see the problem with the Dark Side.
If they didn't use it, Luke and Obi-Wan be dead and the Galaxy be doomed.

i guess sith going around killing people and blowing up planets is ok to you?

for every victory where a jedi tapped into the darkside and won i can point out two where a jedi didnt tap into it but still won

but since were on the subject.
the whole taping into the darkside to win duels is partially what led to anakin's fall and then he submitted fully to darkness and killed KIDS there is no way around that.

sure obi wan got ticked off and went dark for a few seconds vs maul but it was because of His TE TO THE LIGHTSIDE that he was able to come snap out of it and continue saving the galaxy,
ANAKIN DIDNT SNAP OUT OF IT AND HELPED PALPATINE ENSLAVE THE GALAXY.

so let me summarize, the dark side is bad, vader killed kids, end of story

Tangible God
i guess sith going around killing people and blowing up planets is ok to you?

for every victory where a jedi tapped into the darkside and won i can point out two where a jedi didnt tap into it but still won

but since were on the subject.
the whole taping into the darkside to win duels is partially what led to anakin's fall and then he submitted fully to darkness and killed KIDS there is no way around that.

sure obi wan got ticked off and went dark for a few seconds vs maul but it was because of His TE TO THE LIGHTSIDE that he was able to come snap out of it and continue saving the galaxy,
ANAKIN DIDNT SNAP OUT OF IT AND HELPED PALPATINE ENSLAVE THE GALAXY.

so let me summarize, the dark side is bad, vader killed kids, end of story Wow. Greatest verbal abuse towards a new member with bad English I've ever seen. Not to mention his statement points out how the Dark Side led to Luke and Obi-Wan's triumph over not being dead, eventually going on to not doom the galaxy. But hey, handles are made to fly off of eh?

Luminatus
Anakin didn't tap into the Dark Side to win a fight. He tapped into it to save Padme and well, that whole thing was some godawful storytelling.
Palpatine: I have the power to save Padme!
Anakin: I shall be your servant to save her!
Palpatine: Well...I don't really have it. But we'll learn it together!
Anakin: Righto!

Vader also killed Palpatine and Dooku.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Tangible God
Wow. Greatest verbal abuse towards a new member with bad English I've ever seen. Not to mention his statement points out how the Dark Side led to Luke and Obi-Wan's triumph over not being dead, eventually going on to not doom the galaxy. But hey, handles are made to fly off of eh?

lol it is easier to criticize than be competent and participate in the debate.
i made the point that jedi dont need the darkside to win. for example yes kenobi went a little dark to beat maul but he stayed light and beat grevious, vader, and plenty of other darksiders following rots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.