Komari Vosa vs. Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
Setting: Korriban, Marka Ragnos's temple.

Combatants: Komari Vosa, "once a promising Padawan learner, apprenticed to legendary Jedi Master Dooku" turned into a renegade former Jedi. Her opponent is Asajj Ventress, who would later serve a similar role for Count Dooku in the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Round One: Lightsaber duel.

Round Two: Force duel.

Round Three: Unrestricted fight.

Lt. Valerian
Honestly, I don't know much about Komari Vosa.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Honestly, I don't know much about Komari Vosa.

Neither do I. I Youtubed the Bounty Hunter cutscenes and read that she effortlessly dismantled and purged Jango Fett's Mandalorians (20 at once, I think).

Lt. Valerian
That's quite impressive.

I mean I played the game, but she's just not mentioned enough to subtantiate a good argument on her favour. I already checked her out on Wookiepedia, but there's nothing useful. The only thing I know for sure is that she was killed by Jango Fett in a one-on-one fight.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
That's quite impressive.

I mean I played the game, but she's just not mentioned enough to subtantiate a good argument on her favour. I already checked her out on Wookiepedia, but there's nothing useful. The only thing I know for sure is that she was killed by Jango Fett in a one-on-one fight.

Actually, Count Dooku was the one who killed her.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Gideon
Actually, Count Dooku was the one who killed her.

Yes, of course, I know that, but that was when she was already lying on the floor. He just came in and choked what was left of her.

0°Mandalore°0
Well, she was defeated by a bounty hunter... an above-average Jedi shouldn't be killed by a bounty hunter.

Lt. Valerian

Gideon

Lt. Valerian
And you'd think that someone "on par" with Luke Skywalker in terms of lightsaber prowess and combat expertise (Jacen Solo) would not get his ass kicked by a former-assassin whose glory days are long over (Mara Jade). But it happened. Fett won through cunning, high-tech weaponry, and peerless Mandalorian fighting skills. That's not to say he withstood her or bent her over his knee and gave her a firm spanking.

Agreed.

0°Mandalore°0
And you'd think that someone "on par" with Luke Skywalker in terms of lightsaber prowess and combat expertise (Jacen Solo) would not get his ass kicked by a former-assassin whose glory days are long over (Mara Jade). But it happened. Fett won through cunning, high-tech weaponry, and peerless Mandalorian fighting skills. That's not to say he withstood her or bent her over his knee and gave her a firm spanking.

Yeah.. you're right as always.

Janus Marius
Asajj at her peak would be more than a match for Vosa. While Vosa was potentially very powerful and more than a bit insane, Asajj has tons of kills under her belt, including more than a few Jedi masters. She defeated Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto, and even gave Anakin a hell of a time. Very deadly.

Captain REX
Bounty Hunter was a good game. I enjoyed it thoroughly. big grin

But I think that Ventress has the edge over Vosa here. Both were mentored by Count Dooku, but Vosa was entirely self-taught in the ways of the Dark Side, whereas Ventress had Lord Tyranus above her.

Not to mention that Vosa had not completed her training; Ventress mostly completed her training under her first Master, became a warlord on her homeworld, then received further training from Dooku.

kiddo44
Asajj no question. Asajj Ventress of Obsession would beat most of the jedi in ROTS.

Darth Subjekt
I did this topic before and it was pretty much agreed that Ventress is too much for Vosa.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I did this topic before and it was pretty much agreed that Ventress is too much for Vosa.

Well damn.

Darth Subjekt
Oh that wasn't directed as something against you, my friend. I was just merely saying that I'd done it before.

And on a side-note, if you watch Idol, what did you think about Kristy Lee Cook singing "Faithfully?"

American Idol officially sucks now that Kady Malloy got voted off. Officially.

Gideon
Originally posted by 666.3
American Idol officially sucks now that Kady Malloy got voted off. Officially.

Don't recall her.

But I did see Kristy Lee Cook sing "Faithfully". Decent job.

The girl who could near-perfectly mimic Britney. She was easily the most talented contestant there.

Gideon
Originally posted by 666.3
The girl who could near-perfectly mimic Britney. She was easily the most talented contestant there.

It's funny that you should mention that, as my mother mentioned a particular contestant who sounded "identical to Britney Spears" (I don't watch the show). That said, I'm not a big fan of Ms. Spears.

Lt. Valerian
Neither am I.

Talking about her, I thought the judges didn't like her much...?

She didn't naturally sound like Britney though (she actually sounded somewhat like Celine), she was just able to perfectly replicate her voice, as well as that of Cher, Shakira, and the lead singer from Rascal Flatts. She had some pretty amazing control over her voice, you should youtube her.

As for the judges, they were crazy about her at first, but appeared to have kind of gone off of her by the live show, but even then, they hardly ever had anything bad to say about her singing, but more the lack of personality she displayed during her performances, and her song choice. I actually agreed with the judges in that respect, but it was a barrier that could have easily been broken, and the fact that they never went out of their way to comment on her singing ability (when she was easily a top 5 singer within the competition) certainly didn't help when considering the number of sheep like people in America whose votes are based purely on the enthusiasm given by the judges to each contestant.

I personally just find it crazy that contestants like Brooke White, Amanda Overmyer, and Kristy Lee Cook made the top twelve, yet Kady, who was potentially the best singer in the entire competition (by that, I don't mean in time, but with a song that actually suits her voice), didn't. As I said, Idol is now officially the suckage. I'm now rooting for David Cook.

Gideon
I enjoy music, but I've never gotten into American Idol. It's a far cry from the days when artists became famous simply by merit of talent and skill. Now, they have their face paraded across national television, and even then it isn't a guarentee. And (knowing full well that this is entirely subjective), I don't see a lot of emotional quality from the contestants.

I can see why some might think that the show lacks credibility, but at the end of the day, even the most talented singers in the world would get nowhere without exposure, and that's exactly what the show gives the contestants. The level of talent that the competition finds, and the superstars produced by it (Chris Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson, and Carrie Underwood to name a few) fully validates the institution as a worthwhile contribution to the music industry, in my personal opinion.

Saying that, I still think the show now blows for letting a talent like Kady Malloy go before the top 12 segment of the show had even begun. If you're interested in listening to how good she was, here's something that she did before she even became a part of the competition, when she was 17: utube.Kom/watch?v=mZ9jiGgIVrA.

Darth Subjekt
David Archuleta is the hands down most talented. Then Carley Smithson...Kady kinda sucked...at least her last two performances. The least talented of the top 12 females...well, besides that rocker chick.
I'm forced to watch due to my wife...but i love music so i can stand it.

David Archuleta is hands down the most overrated contestant. Sure, he's the best male singer in the competition, and one of the best overall singers, but the judges don't actually know what they're talking about when they say things like he's delivering some of the best performances there's ever been on the show, or that he's the one to beat. His tone is uninteresting, at best, and to me, starting to get boring and monotonous, and while he can hit notes pretty accurately, he no way near possesses the range or the ability to hold his notes like some of the other contestants.

Kady picked the worst songs to sing, but even then, she still sang them pretty amazingly, with the exception of her final performance, which she had to sing after finding out that she'd been eliminated (hopefully I don't have to explain how the latter fact makes her final performance irrelevant). Least talented of the top twelve females? You clearly don't actually know what you're talking about, she was one of the youngest contestants on the entire show, and was more talented than the rest combined, being able to perfectly replicate the voices of four extremely different singers (which is an indication of great control), being able to sing opera flawlessly, having pretty amazing range, and great general technical ability (the last two evident in the majority of her performances). She was far more versatile than any of the others, her natural tone was far better sounding than that of any of the other contestants, and aside from the singing, she was the best looking contestant (male or female), and possessed the best personality. She was easily the most marketable contestant on the show.

If you still doubt her ability, just listen to "My Immortal," "Fields of Gold," and "Wish You The Worst" found here: profile.myspace.kom/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=318045965

Carley and Ramielle are probably currently the two best singers in the competition, but as I said, I'm now rooting for The David Cook. Hoping Castro and Ramielle also get far.

Also, Darth Subjekt, you don't need to make up excuses for watching American Idol. Everyone knows that only hardcore gangsters watch the show.

Darth Subjekt
Well thank you Neb for acting like you know me. Thing is, i couldn't give two shits what you think, so having said that...I'm in agreement with Escape that its kind of an easy way out to stardom, when most notable and memorable artists work their asses off to achieve their goal, and these kids will end up with deals whether they win or not. Too easy.

And to say that the judges on AI don't know what they're talking about is a tad ignorant and arrogant to say the least. Its their JOB to know what they're talking about.

And everyone knows only losers keep changing their names to get on a free internet star wars forum after being kicked off 20 times.

Ivalice
Well thank you Neb for acting like you know me. Thing is, i couldn't give two shits what you think, so having said that...I'm in agreement with Escape that its kind of an easy way out to stardom, when most notable and memorable artists work their asses off to achieve their goal, and these kids will end up with deals whether they win or not. Too easy.

And to say that the judges on AI don't know what they're talking about is a tad ignorant and arrogant to say the least. Its their JOB to know what they're talking about.

And everyone knows only losers keep changing their names to get on a free internet star wars forum after being kicked off 20 times. Correction, 30 times smile

Darth Subjekt
Well I'm glad that you're such an expert on singing that its lead you to sitting in front of a computer for 14 hours a day dreaming up of new ways to become an even bigger douche than you've already proved to be.
I don't have to come up with new pathetic aspects of your life, because frankly, i don't care that much about you to learn more about you. It's been said so many times because its the truth. You must have a very unfulfilled life to fight tooth and nail to keep getting back on here. But that's you, so keep it up. Its the only thing you seem to be good at.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of your comment cause its not worth it. You're not worth it. I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you, because as its been said, fighting over the Internet is like racing in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded. And no one's actually interested in what you have to say, least of all me. So have fun thinking up a new name for the next time you get banned.

Lol, Subjekt. For someone who makes out like the internet doesn't mean too much to him, you sure are having quite the temper tantrum over a freaking online debate on American Idol. Seriously, calm it, and stop jumping up and down. You're acting like a child.

Sure you don't have to, but if you actually possessed a creative brain that went beyond that of Darth Sex Therapy, you'd likely be able to bring up the same stuff, and present in new, funny, clever forms, rather than in the exact same format it's given every (all 500) time.

So wait, hold up, let me get this straight; you're making the comment that you're not going to comment on the comment I had just made in reference to your very original comment? Wow, that comment you just made puts the S into the word "Smooth." Nice comment. Could your next comment perhaps tell me how to put my words together as smoothly as you can and not sound so repetitive in the comments that are to come?

Gideon
I am curious about that, Nebaris. Why do you come back here? What's so appealing?

Darth Sexy
I'll make a general statement. American Idol is for homos. It's also for stupid unimpressionable teenagers. 99% of the contestants can't write their own music, nor play their own instruments, and they basically sing shitty, corny music to appease Simon, whose musical tastes are a steaming pile of monkey crap. Once in a while I see a real musician play his own instrument and sing a good song, but it's not good enough for Simon. Anyways, it's sad that such a shitty show gets good ratings while a masterpiece such as Arrested Development was cancelled. Just shows the stupidity of the typical American.

Darth Subjekt
And you're right. Almost every time a guy (or sometimes a girl) gets up there with a guitar, Simon bashes them for it or says they'd be a better fit for a band. And it is a shame that the few people that have a real gift of talent get on the show and become lumped into a certain category or genre and lose all credibility. The Temptations were never on AI. Nor was Metallica, Journey, Mariah Carey, The Drifters, Otis Redding, or countless other groups/singers/bands that made it big by persistence and hard work.

Gideon
And you're right. Almost every time a guy (or sometimes a girl) gets up there with a guitar, Simon bashes them for it or says they'd be a better fit for a band. And it is a shame that the few people that have a real gift of talent get on the show and become lumped into a certain category or genre and lose all credibility. The Temptations were never on AI. Nor was Metallica, Journey, Mariah Carey, The Drifters, Otis Redding, or countless other groups/singers/bands that made it big by persistence and hard work.

Correct.

Speaking of which, Journey has a new lead singer (technically, their fifth consecutive one) and is releasing a new album, "Revelations", in June. It's gonna be three disks, 11 classic songs redone, 11 new songs, and a DVD of their concert in Las Vegas on the 8th of March. The new guy kicks a lot of ass, and Journey's been selling out more shows now than they have in the past five years. I've had the pleasure of hearing three of their new songs, and they sound great.

Darth Subjekt
How does he compare to Steve Perry? He had one of the greatest and strongest voices out. Didi you know they have Randy Jackson listed as a former member of Journey? As bass, backing vocals from '82 & '83, and '85-'87...didn't know that at all.

Where have you heard the new songs from?

Gideon
How does he compare to Steve Perry? He had one of the greatest and strongest voices out.

Well, obviously, precious few (and I mean precious few) can compete with Mr. Perry at the height of his vocal prowess. But this guy, Arnel Pineda, does one hell of a job. Let me put it to you like this: I've never had the pleasure of seeing a Perry-fronted Journey in concert, but I did manage to catch two Journey shows, each one fronted by a different, subsequent singer. The first concert was with Steve Augeri, who was with the band for eight years. Augeri had a soulful voice, a strong range, but lacked Perry's power. He was canned during Journey's tour with Def Leppard because he literally destroyed his voice singing Perry-material for eight years. So, Journey picked up Jeff Scott Soto to replace him for the remainder of the tour. Soto had a lot of energy as a frontman and a very strong voice, but his range was very minimal, and he has more of a modern, heavy metal voice (even though the reviews were very positive). But, the band realized that he couldn't do serious justice to the old material, so they fired him. Neal Schon searched Youtube for a replacement singer because fans had been raving about "some guy" who sounded "identical" to Perry (Arnel).

Pineda's excellence comes from that he can sing not only Journey, but Queen, Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, Survivor, Heart, Guns N Roses, Rush, and Styx (and a shitload of other bands) and do them justice. He has a vast fanbase and hundreds of videos on Youtube.

So, he's definately the best one since Perry, and while not as good, he compares.

I sure did. Go to Youtube and look up videos for "Girl Can't Help It", "I'll Be Alright Without You", and "Be Good to Yourself", (or my very favorite, "Why Can't This Night Go On Forever"wink and you'll find videos of Jackson performing with Journey.

Youtube. There are about half a dozen videos for one called "Wildest Dreams", but one video contains clips from all three: Wildest Dreams, After All These Years, and Never Walk Away.

Darth Subjekt
Thank you sir. I will most definitely have to check all that out. And the new guy sounds like he's a fitting replacement. If you have the opportunity to see them in concert, let me know how it is. Cause you know a lot of people sound different live than the do on the CD.

Gideon
Thank you sir. I will most definitely have to check all that out. And the new guy sounds like he's a fitting replacement. If you have the opportunity to see them in concert, let me know how it is. Cause you know a lot of people sound different live than the do on the CD.

I should note that all of the videos of Arnel with Journey are live. They're touring now, but won't release the album 'til June.

Darth Subjekt
ah...i see. Well that's cool then. Ill check'em out a bit later...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.