James Kirk v. Jean-Luc Picard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Who is the better tactician? Who would win in a one on one hand to hand combat match?

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Who is the better tactician? Who would win in a one on one hand to hand combat match?

Kirk...

Kirk has a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude towards combat. Picard is far more the diplomat.

Hand to hand, I'd pick Kirk, as he's held his own against Spock and several other more powerful foes.

Impediment
We are talking about both captains in their prime, right?

If so, the I choose Kirk. He's old school and has proven himself in the heat of battle.

Picard is more of the "let's talk about this over a cup of tea" person, if you ask me.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
We are talking about both captains in their prime, right?

If so, the I choose Kirk. He's old school and has proven himself in the heat of battle.

Picard is more of the "let's talk about this over a cup of tea" person, if you ask me.

Yes we are. Both in the prime.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment

Yes,"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot" to be exact. big grin

I would say Picard only because Kirk is a douche bag.("my........god........man. What is that?" and the like.)

SnakeEyes
Picard is by far the better tactician/diplomat/anything involving academic or mental prowess.

Kirk would most likely kick his ass in a straight-up fist fight though.

Mr Parker
I was going to say you BETTER be talking about them when their in their prime.This would have been a moronic thread if we were talking Kirk from the 60's show and Picard from the 90's show.a young man against an old geezer. as far as the topic goes,dont know anything about how picard was like in his younger years so couldnt say.

Robtard
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/7/71/Kirk_scream.jpg
KHAN-NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Any questions?

Mr Parker
well yeah,we have never seen Picard in his younger years which is what the thread starter was talking about.In his YOUNGER years,who knows,he probably matched up favorably with him.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Robtard
Kirk...

Kirk has a "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude towards combat. Picard is far more the diplomat.

Hand to hand, I'd pick Kirk, as he's held his own against Spock and several other more powerful foes.

Oh ya..he is a great fighter.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aN6LZfJafbg

dadudemon
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Oh ya..he is a great fighter.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aN6LZfJafbg

LOL!

Where is a video of Picard's fighting? I couldn't find one.

Admiral Akbar
Not on Youtube? Well, I remember him engaging in a few fights.

Darth Martin
Picard is a decent fighter. I might even say he's better than Kirk. If we are going by the shows that is. Or meybe it's just the choreography and times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.