Heihachi vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkC
INTRO
======
Rain splattered down on the abandoned square. Thunder cracked, as though the Gods themselves were in a fit, raining down hammer blows against the clouds. Wind howled sounding more like some savage feral beast instead of a furious mother Nature.
http://www.robertpeake.com/uploads/rain1.jpg
It was a good day to die. Or to claim victory. Heihachi was not known too well for his patience.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/1197/akuma160di3gf.gif
A flash of lightning illuminated a darkened figure standing calmly on the roof of the pagoda directly to his right. So, he was here. The tip off had not been a fake. The old fighter inhaled the scent of wet grass, swelling his barrel chest in joy of the combat that would take place. Very soon.

"You took your time," Heihachi sneered, his deep voice easily penetrating the gloom of the weather.

The figure jumped down, landing gracefully despite his size.
"I fight those who live to fight...not those who abandon it before it even begins. So we finally meet. I shall find if you are worthy of me, or simply another imperfect shell which I will take pleasure in cleansing."

"Only fools talk so much in the field of battle....Akuma." Heihachi growled, spitting out the name like a bad taste in his mouth. He adopted the fighting stance inherent in his family, the Mishima style of karate, without another word.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/vmleary/heihachi.jpg

"Shin Mishkurou. Mishutei Miyu!" Akuma raised his hand, slamming it to the ground.
http://www.freewebs.com/raijin-akuma/gouki/akumaragingstorm.gif
Heihachi sensed the massive power in it, and smiled. This would be a worthy challenger.

Akuma dropped into the Ansatsuken taught to him so long ago by Goutetsu.
http://www.freewebs.com/raijin-akuma/gouki/akuma-ts-stance.gif

The battle begun...

===
First of all, this is NOT a spite thread. I've deliberately thought this through and figured that it would be a very interesting match. I have tremendous respect for both characters (They are both my favourite lore/plot-wise characters in both their respective games....not game-wise though)

And second I'm pretty sure after about 5 different searches, that this is not a duplicate thread.

Restrictions:

Akuma cannot use:
Shun Goku Satsu(Lore-wise, near instant death).
Gouhadou or any projectile related specials.
Ashura Senpuu (Invincible teleport)

And Heihachi cannot use any unblockable attacks.

Classic NES
Great intro, but no poll?

Superboy Prime
Absolutely badass intro thumbsup

Which version of Akuma are we using: Alpha, SF2 or SF3? Likewise I suppose this is Tekken 5 Heihachi?

DarkC
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Absolutely badass intro thumbsup

Which version of Akuma are we using: Alpha, SF2 or SF3? Likewise I suppose this is Tekken 5 Heihachi?
SF3 Akuma, and T5 Heihachi. Sorry about the lack of a poll, it slipped my mind, I'll see if I can get a mod to fix that.

Akuma has a big edge in speed, Heihatchi has much more endurance/defense...I'd say they're on the same par for striking power.

DarkC
Poll thread.

Lana
Merged the two as that is the only way to get a poll onto a thread that already exists stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
Akuma's endurance in SF3 is top notch. We see him surviving in the depth of the ocean.

DarkC
Hmmm, I was kind of assuming that he tones his endurance down, like in the actual gameplay.

Scientifically wise he'd simply have to have massive muscle mass to survive such a stressful environment, whereas I'm pretty sure he'd need to be much stronger to survive being blown up like 'Hachi did in T5.

Darkstorm Zero
Hmm, interesting addaption, and I suppise the stipulations do make this less of a spite stick out tongue .

However, Damage dealing and speed are definitively Akuma's,. Although he doesn't posess the Ashura Senpuu in this, Akuma does posess very quick and nimble movements for someone of his size and stature.

And when it comes to striking power, 3 examples come to my mind, such as Gokentou, Uluru, and the sunken ship...

As for endurance, if we go by gameplay, then of course Hachi would take this... but going by storyline and feats... I'd put them around about even, or even give Akuma the edge, Rapidly changing the pressures the body can withstand, from deep ocean to open air in the time it takes for someone to say "Holy" Demonstrates not only incredible endurance, but great control over your body's capability.

Without that control, Akuma would have died from the benz...

DarkC
If Akuma did go from deep sea level to surface that fast without getting nitrogen embolisms in his bloodstream then yeah, that demonstrates a sense of control over the workings of his own body that borders upon elegance.

I remember the submarine and Ayers Rock, also that he KO'ed Evil Ryu with two fingers (although I'm not sure the last part is canon).

Akuma's fast, but then again so was Kazuya.

Sado22
............(h)akuma mutata no expression
welome back Darkstorm smile
how you been?

Dark-Jaxx
Gouki, stronger, faster, more durable.

Superboy Prime
Going by gameplay Heihachi's endurance is almost as bad as Gouki's. He can hurt himself by simply falling on his back.

Classic NES
Heihachi's durability is ridiculous, between being:

-Thrown off a cliff by Kazuya
-Surviving encounters with Devil
-A nuke that destroyed Honmaru

The old bastard refuses to give up the ghost. I dunno if Gouki's killing techniques are enough.

Also, it's good to see you posting SBP.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Classic NES
Heihachi's durability is ridiculous, between being:

-Thrown off a cliff by Kazuya
-Surviving encounters with Devil
-A nuke that destroyed Honmaru

The old bastard refuses to give up the ghost. I dunno if Gouki's killing techniques are enough.

Also, it's good to see you posting SBP.

Aye...I've finally broken the bond with Halo 3 and CoD4...but only god knows for how long.

In any case Heihachi didn't really survive a nuke, but a huge explosion none the less.

Dark-Jaxx
Gouki can jump from the deep ocean(bottom) to above the surface instantly, while doing an attack that is ripping a submarine in half, he makes Heihachi look like he's in slow motion.

Gouki rips submarines in half with a kick, yeah, he can kill Hachi.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Gouki can jump from the deep ocean(bottom) to above the surface instantly, while doing an attack that is ripping a submarine in half, he makes Heihachi look like he's in slow motion.

Gouki rips submarines in half with a kick, yeah, he can kill Hachi.

IMO its hard to call speed feats when it ain't a movie or is not said by the narrator/etc.

Dark-Jaxx
IMO its hard to call speed feats when it ain't a movie or is not said by the narrator/etc. Not really, if we see in one panel he is at the bottom of the ocean, and the next he is kicking a sub in half over it, yeah, I say he did that pretty fast.

Superboy Prime
Sure...but pretty fast does not equal instantly, but anyways its just my opinion.

Dark-Jaxx
Sure...but pretty fast does not equal instantly, but anyways its just my opinion. I despise using this argument...but he was shown to be doing the anime shift thingy, which implys instant/near instant.

Blax_Hydralisk
Or.. it could just be a way for Animators to show that someone is moving fast.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Or.. it could just be a way for Animators to show that someone is moving fast. Nah. cool

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Sado22
............(h)akuma mutata no expression
welome back Darkstorm smile
how you been?

Working full time... Outside of that, not too bad...

Sado22
your enthusiam is contagious no expression

Darkstorm Zero
What can I say? stick out tongue

DarkC
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Not really, if we see in one panel he is at the bottom of the ocean, and the next he is kicking a sub in half over it, yeah, I say he did that pretty fast.
I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as "instantly".

sawFg3DeTJU

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by DarkC
I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as "instantly".

sawFg3DeTJU Oh sorry, lol, I forgot it appeared as a vid, I was looking at vgmuseums pics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.