Aotc anakin and tpm quigon vs tpm maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
im switching out the padawan obi wan for the padawan anakin. could anakin get the job done?

darthsith19
AOTC Anakin is on par with, or perhaps slightly more powerful than TPM Kenoni was. However, the chemistry between Qui-Gon and Anakin will be nowhere near as good as the chemistry between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan was. Maul was "not at full strength" (as stated in The New Essential Guide to Characters) when he fought Jinn and Kenobi, and they were fairly even. A full-strength Maul, I think, would take out this due, especially seeing that Anakin is so cocky. But it won't be easy.

Light_Sith
Putting Ani there could ruin things from the get go.

Potential, force power, swordsmanship etc are all defeated by an over inflated ego.

Gideon
According to the Attack of the Clones novelization (or script, I can't remember which, let me get back to you), Count Dooku had a harder time with AotC Anakin than AotC Obi-Wan.

fascistcrusader
Maul didn't know Sidiosu wanted to train Anakin, so when Anakin pulled his little "No I'm taking him now!" business Maul would have just slaughtered him.

Man of Christ
so you belive that atoc anakin < tpm kenobi?

Gideon
Not that it changes a lot. Anakin Skywalker is a very skilled padawan learner (it wouldn't be a stretch to say that, in acquired skill, he's better than most Jedi Knights) to the point that he was able to give Dooku a harder time than his master, but Darth Maul is a highly trained combatant with a ferocity matching Skywalker's own and with acquired fighting prowess well in excess of either Skywalker or Kenobi. He'd win.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Gideon
Not that it changes a lot. Anakin Skywalker is a very skilled padawan learner (it wouldn't be a stretch to say that, in acquired skill, he's better than most Jedi Knights) to the point that he was able to give Dooku a harder time than his master, but Darth Maul is a highly trained combatant with a ferocity matching Skywalker's own and with acquired fighting prowess well in excess of either Skywalker or Kenobi. He'd win.

what is your point of comparison for maul and skywalker aotc?

Light_Sith
According to the Attack of the Clones novelization (or script, I can't remember which, let me get back to you), Count Dooku had a harder time with AotC Anakin than AotC Obi-Wan.

The problem here is simple teamwork.

I would bet my bottom dollar on Ani doing something completely stupid to ruin the chances of the Jedi.

darthsith19
Not that it changes a lot. Anakin Skywalker is a very skilled padawan learner to the point that he was able to give Dooku a harder time than his master

To be fair, though, initially Dooku raped Anakin in about 2 seconds with Sith Lightning. Had he been alone without Kenobi, he'd have been taken down FAR faster than Kenobi had been.

Gideon
I do not see how I was being "unfair", but whatever. Count Dooku's momentary victory over Anakin Skywalker was due to two factors: a.) Anakin's legendary irrational fighting mentality and b.) Count Dooku's vastly superior command of the Force. You make it sound as though it was lack of acquired skill that resulted in Dooku's dispatching of Anakin; it wasn't. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan engaged the Count with clever and patient strategy, and was not flung aside so easily, yet in the lightsaber confrontation, he did not really push the Count. Dooku was forced (no pun intended) to get a bit more serious when Anakin confronted him the second time in the hangar. That would point to Anakin being in excess of Obi-Wan as of AotC, which would mean that he's quite a bit above Obi-Wan as of TPM.

darthsith19
I do not see how I was being "unfair", but whatever. Count Dooku's momentary victory over Anakin Skywalker was due to two factors: a.) Anakin's legendary irrational fighting mentality and b.) Count Dooku's vastly superior command of the Force. You make it sound as though it was lack of acquired skill that resulted in Dooku's dispatching of Anakin; it wasn't. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan engaged the Count with clever and patient strategy, and was not flung aside so easily, yet in the lightsaber confrontation, he did not really push the Count. Dooku was forced (no pun intended) to get a bit more serious when Anakin confronted him the second time in the hangar. That would point to Anakin being in excess of Obi-Wan as of AotC, which would mean that he's quite a bit above Obi-Wan as of TPM.
I was just saying that once Anakin pulled his head out of his ass yes, he may have put up a slightly better fight than Kenobi did. Anakin may be more skilled than AOTC Kenobi when his head isn't in his ass, but his "legendary irrational fighting mentality" takes a toll on his overall skill. I don't see how he could be more skilled than AOTC Kenobi when it takes a good ass kickin' just to get him to fight to his full AOTC capabilities. The ability to be mentally competent in a fight means a lot.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by darthsith19
I was just saying that once Anakin pulled his head out of his ass yes, he may have put up a slightly better fight than Kenobi did. Anakin may be more skilled than AOTC Kenobi when his head isn't in his ass, but his "legendary irrational fighting mentality" takes a toll on his overall skill. I don't see how he could be more skilled than AOTC Kenobi when it takes a good ass kickin' just to get him to fight to his full AOTC capabilities. The ability to be mentally competent in a fight means a lot.

Couldn't agree more.

All too often people forget to factor in the mentality of the fighters, which is by no means trivial.

In an Arcade type scenario nobody doubts Anakin, but ignoring his insanity is akin to ignoring Sidious' cunning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.