Tiger Shark and Aquaman Vs. Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dgw2007
The battel takes place underwater

King_Mungi
Tiger Shark and Aquaman definetly take the majority, even Aquaman alone could take a healthy majority over Namor

Dgw2007
but if i am not misstaken doesn't isnt Namor like Hulk underwatergets stronger with time

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Dgw2007
but if i am not misstaken doesn't isnt Namor like Hulk underwatergets stronger with time

Doesn't matter much when Aquaman can shut him down with telepathy, and Aquaman is no sloutch in the strength area as he lifted an entire city block underwater

Also Namor isn't like Hulk underwater as he doesn't get stronger in water, he's just uber strong when in it. On land he becomes dehydrated and becomes weaker

guy222
team

Dgw2007
oh i thought he did to tell the truth i dont read alot of namor comics

Darth Martin
Aquaman>Namor

He solos.

BentonGrey
Aquaman isn't stronger than Namor, but he IS faster, and strong enough to hurt him for sure. Even WITHOUT telepathy (with which he'd dominate him) he would take a few just by himself. With Tigershark, who has been shown to be a legitimate threat to Namor, they take 10 out of 10.

guy222
team

comicfan11
Aquaman can solo Namor for a majority.
With Tigershark team takes 10/10.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BentonGrey
Aquaman isn't stronger than Namor, but he IS faster, and strong enough to hurt him for sure. Even WITHOUT telepathy (with which he'd dominate him) he would take a few just by himself. With Tigershark, who has been shown to be a legitimate threat to Namor, they take 10 out of 10. I'd say Aquaman is stronger. He lifted a city block of San Fransisco.

namorsubby
ha. namor is way stronger and he's faster.you guys really can't rely upon the crossover for that info.namor is physically superior to orin, period.namor has lifted a tanker underwater. if you say they're not more than a city block, you should look up tankers. there 100's of thousands of tons.

namor pounds orin, even with telepathy. his resistance to it is so strong that he's immune to even some of the most powerful telepaths(like puppetmaster). his stregth in water is such that he's floored beta ray bill with 2 hooks after it started raining, ON LAND(he wasn't KOed). he's stalemated thor fighting above and sometimes in the water. he's pounded abomination. he's stalemated captain marvel in water and beat him as well(i think it might of been two different marvels). he's stronger than hercules under-water.he's taken a blast from silver surfer and a strike from his board underwater to no injury of his own. namor owns aquaman underwater. i don't know about him and tiger shark, but i just had to make that clear.

namorsubby
Originally posted by namorsubby
ha. namor is way stronger and he's faster.you guys really can't rely upon the crossover for that info.namor is physically superior to orin, period.namor has lifted a tanker underwater. if you say they're not more than a city block, you should look up tankers. there 100's of thousands of tons.

namor pounds orin, even with telepathy. his resistance to it is so strong that he's immune to even some of the most powerful telepaths(like puppetmaster). his stregth in water is such that he's floored beta ray bill with 2 hooks after it started raining, ON LAND(he wasn't KOed). he's stalemated thor fighting above and sometimes in the water. he's pounded abomination. he's stalemated captain marvel in water and beat him as well(i think it might of been two different marvels). he's stronger than hercules under-water.he's taken a blast from silver surfer and a strike from his board underwater to no injury of his own. namor owns aquaman underwater. i don't know about him and tiger shark, but i just had to make that clear.
example: US regular tanker(not super) Exxon Valdez weighs 30,000 tons completely empty. with a full load, it's over 230,000 tons.

many can weigh 100's of thousands of tons empty

comicfan11

I can believe that Namor is maybe a little bit stronger underwater but saying that he is faster than Orin is just funny.
I have seen Namor do what maybe 300 knots?

Orin can easily go 1000.
He has done 20000 feet per second faster than anything Namor has ever done.
He also believes he can outswimm Superman.
And of course gone over the speed of sound.

As for strength hasn't already Herc beaten him underwater?

You sell Orin very very short.
He beat Olympian out of water.
One punch KOed Superboy.
Dropped Martian Manhunter on his knees.
Tossed Despero around like a ragdoll.
Beat Slig (established Superman fighting class 100 character)

Now add his telepathy and his water control abilities and he takes Namor solo for a majority.

With Tigershark is more than overkill.

-K-M-
On-panel Aquaman actually has the better feats, and on-panel Namor has the better strength feats sans Aquaman lifting the city block which would be more then 230,000 tons fyi.

namorsubby
Originally posted by comicfan11
I can believe that Namor is maybe a little bit stronger underwater but saying that he is faster than Orin is just funny.
I have seen Namor do what maybe 300 knots?

Orin can easily go 1000.
He has done 20000 feet per second faster than anything Namor has ever done.
He also believes he can outswimm Superman.
And of course gone over the speed of sound.

As for strength hasn't already Herc beaten him underwater?

You sell Orin very very short.
He beat Olympian out of water.
One punch KOed Superboy.
Dropped Martian Manhunter on his knees.
Tossed Despero around like a ragdoll.
Beat Slig (established Superman fighting class 100 character)

Now add his telepathy and his water control abilities and he takes Namor solo for a majority.

With Tigershark is more than overkill. namor is faster than aquaman. were in god's name did you get 300 knots from? namor has been narrated swimming at "the speed of thought". maybe you should visit his thread.

what about orin vs thor underwater? orin ve beta ray in a slight rain? orin vs surfer underwater? thought so

do you know who puppetmaster is? well namor is immune to his telepathy? he's extremely powerful.

namor smashes aquaman everytime.

-K-M-
namor is faster than aquaman. were in god's name did you get 300 knots from? namor has been narrated swimming at "the speed of thought". maybe you should visit his thread.

do you know who puppetmaster is? well namor is immune to his telepathy? he's extremely powerful.

namor smashes aquaman everytime.

No, Aquaman has by far the superior speed feats as shown on-panel. Unless you have scans I havn't seen or something

Errr? Puppetmaster doesn't have telepathy. He can control people due to a byproduct of the magical clay, which many people have broken free from before

No he really doesn't

namorsubby
Originally posted by -K-M-
No, Aquaman has by far the superior speed feats as shown on-panel. Unless you have scans I havn't seen or something

Errr? Puppetmaster doesn't have telepathy. He can control people due to a byproduct of the magical clay, which many people have broken free from before

No he really doesn't what feats are you looking at? have you seen namor's speed feats?

like i said, he was stated at "speed of thought", of 30m/s, doesn't get much faster than that.

maybe you're thinking of a diffenrent puppetmaster.there was no magical clay involved from what i saw, besides, doom has himself stated that namor has one of the greatest resistances to mind control/telepathic attack he's ever seen.

orin can't compete with who namor has fought in the water, that's why he loses. i don't care where orin is, he's not taking a cosmic beam from surfer or stalmating thor.

-K-M-
what feats are you looking at? have you seen namor's speed feats?

like i said, he was stated at "speed of thought", of 30m/s, doesn't get much faster than that.

maybe you're thinking of a diffenrent puppetmaster.there was no magical clay involved from what i saw, besides, doom has himself stated that namor has one of the greatest resistances to mind control/telepathic attack he's ever seen.

orin can't compete with who namor has fought in the water, that's why he loses. i don't care where orin is, he's not taking a cosmic beam from surfer or stalmating thor.

Yes actually, and like I said what feats are you talking about?

Actually yeah you can, many people have been said to be faster then the speed of thought.

That's nice, but Aquaman has affected Celestial Giants and White Martians with his telepathy. His defences won't be enough to stop Aquaman and his vast telepath powers, especially Aquaman with the Clear.

What pupper master are you thinking of? As the true Puppet Master is the Fantastic Four villian

Ummm...what? Orin fights gods of the oceans, powerful sorcessors, mystical beings that shake the ocean with their rage, etc. I know you like Namor, but I don't think you really know much about Aquaman.

comicfan11
Orin has the better speed feats.

In his latest mini Namor was swimming at 300 knots (in a fight where he couldn't beat Iron-man underwater)
Plus he lost to Wolverine underwater also if I remember correctly and got gutted near death and needed US Agent to save him (out of water). As for Surfer he wasn't even trying to fight Namor.

As for speed apart from all the other feats I've mentioned Orin regularly keeps up with the Flash and believes to be faster than Supes underwater. Doesn't get any faster than that.

You mentioned all those characters like Thor etc and I've already mentioned Despero, Olympian, Slig and many others.
All of these are established class 100 characters.

For example Despero would KILL Thor but Orin fought him to a physical standstill (and Despero earlier had nearly killed Martian Manhunter easily)
Slig has given troubles to Orion but Orin beat him easily.
Olympian posseses all the atributes of the Argonauts including the STRENGTH of HERCULES and Orin KOed him using only physical force (and we know that Namor is weaker than Hercules)

So maybe you try to impress some other posters with the mention of names like Thor etc but fact is that Orin's record is up there.

As for durability he took a point blank blast from STARRO (a being the size of a continent) and wasn't even KOed while Orion was.
He took point blank heat vision from Amazo and wasn't KOed.
He can take bullets etc and he touched the fire Elemenatl of planet Earth without burning.

And I know that DC vs Marvel is not canon but on the first issue Mark Gruenwald the editor from MARVEL's side said "We wanted to answer questions like who is a better swimmer Aquaman or Namor (Not who would win in a fight)?"

Guess who is faster (and actually won the fight)

namorsubby
Originally posted by -K-M-
Yes actually, and like I said what feats are you talking about?

Actually yeah you can, many people have been said to be faster then the speed of thought.

That's nice, but Aquaman has affected Celestial Giants and White Martians with his telepathy. His defences won't be enough to stop Aquaman and his vast telepath powers, especially Aquaman with the Clear.

What pupper master are you thinking of? As the true Puppet Master is the Fantastic Four villian

Ummm...what? Orin fights gods of the oceans, powerful sorcessors, mystical beings that shake the ocean with their rage, etc. I know you like Namor, but I don't think you really know much about Aquaman. you have to be mistaken there pal. i know plenty about orin. i love his respect thread on herochat. in fact, i posted it on the aquaman thread here so they can learn how a real orin thread is supposed to be done, but when it comes done to it orin can't endure what namor has endured and he can't stand up to who namor has in the water.

if i made a match of thor vs aquaman, even underwater or close to the water, how many do you think would call that spite? why? because he simply can't handle that kind of power.

if i pitted orin against beta ray bill on land, even in the rain, how many would call me biased for seemingly wanting one character to triumph by making a one sided match? plenty. why? because orin can't compete.

if i said orin could endure a cosmic beam or a surfer tackle from SS, even underwater, how many would say i was insane? plenty. why? because he can't.

namor outclasses orin.namor's fights show it.

namor FTW

namorsubby
Originally posted by comicfan11
Orin has the better speed feats.

In his latest mini Namor was swimming at 300 knots (in a fight where he couldn't beat Iron-man underwater)
Plus he lost to Wolverine underwater also if I remember correctly and got gutted near death and needed US Agent to save him (out of water). As for Surfer he wasn't even trying to fight Namor.

As for speed apart from all the other feats I've mentioned Orin regularly keeps up with the Flash and believes to be faster than Supes underwater. Doesn't get any faster than that.

You mentioned all those characters like Thor etc and I've already mentioned Despero, Olympian, Slig and many others.
All of these are established class 100 characters.

For example Despero would KILL Thor but Orin fought him to a physical standstill (and Despero earlier had nearly killed Martian Manhunter easily)
Slig has given troubles to Orion but Orin beat him easily.
Olympian posseses all the atributes of the Argonauts including the STRENGTH of HERCULES and Orin KOed him using only physical force (and we know that Namor is weaker than Hercules)

So maybe you try to impress some other posters with the mention of names like Thor etc but fact is that Orin's record is up there.

As for durability he took a point blank blast from STARRO (a being the size of a continent) and wasn't even KOed while Orion was.
He took point blank heat vision from Amazo and wasn't KOed.
He can take bullets etc and he touched the fire Elemenatl of planet Earth without burning.

And I know that DC vs Marvel is not canon but on the first issue Mark Gruenwald the editor from MARVEL's side said "We wanted to answer questions like who is a better swimmer Aquaman or Namor (Not who would win in a fight)?"

Guess who is faster (and actually won the fight) WTF. namor couldn't beat IM in that mini? where in god's name did you get that impression from? namor had no time for IM. he knocked him to the side after one of IM's weapon bounced off him like a paper ball.(that was the same scene where he said "none of your weapons have ever hurt me, and they never will".). you really need to stop and re-read/re-interpret next time, because i know everything you could bring up on namor.

and like i said, namor can swim at "the speed of thought", which is 30 meters per second. do the math.

so let me get this straight, you're saying aquaman could stalemate thor in the water? laughing, not so my friend...........it's just not so.

you're also saying he could shrugg off surfers beam, like namor? right? again.........laughing

only someone ignorant to all of namor's spectacular showings would bring up those wolverine fights. wolverine wins because he's wolverine, plain and simple. i'll make a list of whom namor has beaten and stalemated and then maybe you'll see how foolish the notion that logan can take him is.

psycho gundam
namor is only half mer-man. arthur's telepathy only partially worked on him, enough to give him a headache and make him angry as hell.

namorsubby
namor has stalemated:

thor(at least 3 times)
hulk(somewhere along the line of 15 times)
hercules(4 times, on land)
black bolt(2 times)
radioactive man
beta ray bill
wonder man and ares at once
fantastic four
surfer(circumstancial, but still extemely impressive)
sentry(avengers/invaders #2, short skirmmish)

he's beaten:
savage hulk(underwater, twice)
nova(yes, nova)
radioactive man
ares(at least twice)
captain marvel
abomination(underwater)
dr doom

these are just some right off the top off my head.some strength feats include:

breaking the crimson bands of cyttorak(a doctor strange restraint.composed of the fabric of the universe).oh, did i mention he was was strong enough to break stranges magical hold on him mentally.

sinking an entire kingdom(moleman's) with the slam of his fist.

crumbles a colloseum like building with a causal tap of his fist on the ground next to it. and when i say "tap", i mean tap.

like i said namor is stronger than herc underwater, there's no way orin is stronger than him.

comicfan11
LOL

All of these incredible Namor feats and he still gets gutted from Wolverine or Manhandled from Rhino unless he gets in the water.
Yeah maybe Namor is actually Herlad-level...

30 meters per second.
That's good.

Orin has gone 20000 feet per second.
1 ft = 0,3 meters.
Thats 6666,6 meters per second (a feat on panel)
Maybe you should "do the math" mate...

Namor is not even remotely close to that kind of speed.

Don't bring up Namor vs Surfer.
If Surfer wanted to fight Namor he'd kill him in a second (unless you try to tell me that all of Surfer's blast have the same potency or that Surfer was trying to fight Namor, which is not the case and you know it)

Maybe you didn't understand or fathom the extend of punishment Orin can take.
I'll say it again.
He took a POINT BLANK blast from STARRO (continent size creature) and wasn't KOed.
The same blast took out Orion destroying his Astro Harness (maybe you want to compare Orion's durability with Namors)
He took a point blank blast of heat vision from an angry Amazo ( the robot that usually solos the entire League) and was OK

Orin has kicked out the JLA out of Atlantis and as for you question concerning Thor maybe you should read how Aquaman fared against Despero and compare it to Martian Manhunter's performance.

Either way Martian Manhunter or Despero would kill Namor in a fight.

That's why I'm saying you highlight Namor's famous fights and don't even consider Aquaman's

I still think that Namor MIGHT have a SMALL advantage in strength and flight.

Orin has him dead beat in all other categories.

As for the crimson bands of Cytorak
CAPTAIN BRITAIN also broke them and he is not even considered class 100 (if this force is holding the Marvel Universe together then it is doomed laughing )

And again we know that Hercules can beat Namor or at least stalemate him.
Aquaman beat a guy who has Herc's strength (Olympian) plus another dozen of powers.
He beat a team of class 100 New Gods with transmutation powers.
He dropped MM on his knees.
He gave Despero one hell of a fight.
He beat an evil Green Lantern
He one punch KOed Superboy.
He beat Triton son of Poseidon who casually manhandled WW (she later killed him but that was when he was already stripped from his powers - in case anyone tries to bring it up)
He got up form from a villain's power that was pinning the whole
JLA to the ground and not even Superman or MM or WW could break free.
He took on an entire alien army and killed their leader.
etc.
etc.

All of the above only with pure strength.

So to sum up
Namor has some impressive feats Orin has also.
Orin is FASTER (fact) and has Namor beat in all categories except MAYBE strength and flight.

As for Aquaman vs Surfer's beam's.
Yes he could withstand the same that Namor took because SS WASN'T trying to fight Namor.
Unless you want to tell me that Namor would withstand a full power blast from SS laughing laughing laughing

As for Aquaman vs Thor underwater
Maybe Aquaman could hang for a while if he played it clever and used his speed and tries to drown him. Thor usually goes only for a head on physical fight against Namor forgetting he can do much more. But anyway edge to Thor.

With prep he could take him (he took down an Imperiex probe after all.Thor is not in his element underwater. He is slow underwater. He has been hurt physically by weaker characters than Aquaman)

namorsubby
namor has plenty more speed feats to go by.he's been able to move fast enough to make a whirlpool that swallowed a tsunami whole.it was enormous, several times bigger than the tsunami itself.

there's nothing you can tell me about aquaman or namor. so i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

but yeah, namor had two fights with surfer. and in one surfer was pretty ticked, the one underwater, which i was refering to.it's on the namor respect thread(you really should check that out), page 8 i believe.

you using namor's absolute lowest end feats as a serious arguing point and utilizing aquaman's absolute highest is proof to me that this argument is pointless.wanna tell me about orin's fight with deathstroke. the one where he was aided by green lantern as well? what about his h2h encounter with batman, or the joker? lol you really shouldn't bring up that fight with wolvie when ole orin has so much worse to bring up.

namor FTW.

namorsubby
oh, and namor recently trashed wolverin in a fight.like he should've all along:

aquaman never got never got any redemption for this though

aquaman for the lose:
http://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=00924_jokeraquafight1.jpg

http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=00929_jokeraquafight2.jpg

http://img145.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=00935_jokeraquafight3.jpg

http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=00912_jokeraqua_gun1.jpg
http://img37.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=00918_jokeraqua_gun2.jpg

namorsubby
also:
http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc221&image=b76_aqbat1.jpg
http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc287&image=3a3_aqbat2.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc87&image=697_aqbat3.jpg

comicfan11
We can agree to disagree.
No prob and cheers.

I'll look through the Namor res thread more thoroughly but it's a damn big one (great job btw) but I don't believe I'll find something to top Aquaman's speed feats.
But I've already said that I believe Namor to have an edge on strength.

Anyway as for the fight between Batman and Aquaman there is not one poster who doesn't agree that this is PIS of the highest order and PIS is not acceptable in KMC.
Furthermore Batman's jobber aura is the greatest in all comicdom but no one can do anything about it.
He hurt Grundy with his fists FFS...

Anyway cheers again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.