Sodam Yat vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
I searched but couldn't find this topic, anyhow who is taking this?

Mr. Slippyfist
Yat sucks. 131

The Great Galen
No he doesn't, anyway how do the rest of u think this goes down.

superchron
Surfer gets SODAMized by Ion

Soljer
Judging by lipservice, Yat should take this.

Judging by his fight with Superman-Prime? Well...

I really don't see the Surfer faring that much better, so it's pretty hard to say.

The Great Galen
Well IMO I think surfer would probably get oneshotted by SMP, the fact that it took the entire issue speaks vollumes about Sodam's power.

iceman24567
Can't the Surfer just transmute something into lead and kill Yat with it?

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Well IMO I think surfer would probably get oneshotted by SMP, the fact that it took the entire issue speaks vollumes about Sodam's power. Superboy wasnt oneshotted yet you think he oneshots the Surfer.

quanchi112
Surfer wins this now.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superboy wasnt oneshotted yet you think he oneshots the Surfer.

Yeah but we all know that Superboy incident was kind of a "PIS" event. Plus wasnt Sufer owned by the black panther one time?

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Yeah but we all know that Superboy incident was kind of a "PIS" event. Plus wasnt Sufer owned by the black panther one time? He hit Black Adam and he was fine. You thinking he could oneshot the Surfer doesnt make sense.

Sirius77
He hit Black Adam and he was fine. You thinking he could oneshot the Surfer doesnt make sense.

You bringing up a characters lowest showing doesnt make sense...

And I think that Yat wins this quite handily if surfer doesnt get the chance to transmute something into lead.

The Great Galen
Of course SBP could oneshot Sufer though, Surfer has been handled by lesser opponents...blame Marvels shitty writers.

llagrok
SMP isn't one-shotting the Surfer.

He hasn't really done a lot of high herald one-shotting.

Soljer
Originally posted by llagrok
SMP isn't one-shotting the Surfer.

He hasn't really done a lot of high herald one-shotting.

IC Superboy Prime would be unable to one-shot the Surfer, true.

Superman Prime post guardian power-up, however, stalemated Monarch - someone who was one-shotting top tiers left and right.

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
IC Superboy Prime would be unable to one-shot the Surfer, true.

Superman Prime post guardian power-up, however, stalemated Monarch - someone who was one-shotting top tiers left and right.

This is a durability feat, not a "one-shotting capability" feat smile

Three Green Lanterns almost broke Monarch's armor as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77

And I think that Yat wins this quite handily if surfer doesnt get the chance to transmute something into lead. Yat doesnt have the experience to beat the Surfer. Why wont Surfer get the chance to to turn something into lead.

Sirius77

Almost. One of them died. One of them is pretty much comatose, and the other on is working for Monarch. And this was before he absorbed fifty captain atoms and amped himself to a ridiculous level...

Sirius77
Yat doesnt have the experience to beat the Surfer. Why wont Surfer get the chance to to turn something into lead.

He had the experience to wtfpwn Alex Nero.. Alex Nero would give sufer a huge fight.

And I don't see how surfer would have the time to turn something into lead to kill ion... and I never said that he couldnt turn something into lead. I said: "And I think that Yat wins this quite handily if surfer doesnt get the chance to transmute something into lead."

vlaaad12345

Three green lanterns going allout...on a pre power-up monarch,last I checked silver surfer isnt nearly that powerful.

llagrok
before he absorbed fifty captain atoms and amped himself to a ridiculous level...

Good point.

quanchi112
He had the experience to wtfpwn Alex Nero.. Alex Nero would give sufer a huge fight.

And I don't see how surfer would have the time to turn something into lead to kill ion... and I never said that he couldnt turn something into lead. I said: "And I think that Yat wins this quite handily if surfer doesnt get the chance to transmute something into lead." Alex Nero couldnt defeat the Surfer and he could transmute lead in a second. Ion is screwed as he has major weaknesses. stick out tongue

rico777
5/10 for both.. Sodam and SS both have the tools to take each other out for the majority.

Galan007
At first I was going to give this to Surfer,
but then I started thinking... Could Surfer pwn Nero, this damn easy?:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8058/ion1xm8.th.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9996/ion2bn1.th.jpg http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7360/ion3pe2.th.jpg

Not imo.

Tony Stark

And I think that Yat wins this quite handily if surfer doesnt get the chance to transmute something into lead.

confused

Not one shotting BA is an extremely low showing for Yat...?

rolling on floor laughing

SS takes this 8/10

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
At first I was going to give this to Surfer,
but then I started thinking... Could Surfer pwn Nero, this damn easy?:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8058/ion1xm8.th.jpg http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9996/ion2bn1.th.jpg http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7360/ion3pe2.th.jpg

Not imo.

Nero was still connected to the Ion energy, so Yat already had the advantage in the fight.

Also it doesn't matter if SS coud beat Nero as easily because he is fighting Yat, a guy that has a weakness easily exploited by SS.

Also, SMP before his guardian upgrade never oneshotted someone with SS level durability

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Also it doesn't matter if SS coud beat Nero as easily because he is fighting Yat, a guy that has a weakness easily exploited by SS. Easily exploited by what? Breaking a GL shield? srsly

Mindset
Easily exploited by what? Breaking a GL shield? srsly

Yat is already using his power to fight off the iron he was exposed to, SS making more iron would take more energy to block it out, Yat doesn't have infinite supplies of energy. confused

Galan007
Yat is already using his power to fight off the iron he was exposed to, SS making more iron would take more energy to block it out, Iron wouldn't do shit to Yat.... You fail. happy

Yat doesn't have infinite supplies of energy. confused The CB's pretty damn close, imo.

Mindset
I meant lead, and no current Ion doesn't have infinite amount of energy to my knowledge.

Galan007
I meant lead, Uhuh. uhuh

and no current Ion doesn't have infinite amount of energy to my knowledge. As far as I know,
The Ion power directly taps/funnels the CB's energies, // I didn't know that had changed. confused

Soljer
Anywho, GL Yat would give the Surfer a pretty good run for his money; Yat's not as good as Hal or Kyle who I'd say split with Norrin, but he's got the whole 'Superman' thing going for him at the same time to make up for it.

Ion Yat, therefore, would likely take a fair majority.

Soljer
Uhuh. uhuh

As far as I know,
The Ion power directly taps/funnels the CB's energies, // I didn't know that had changed. confused

What's up with the slash, slash thing you have going on lately? //it kinda weirds me out because in a few of the programming languages I know a "//" means "comment."

Mindset
Uhuh. uhuh

As far as I know,

I'm pretty sure Yat has said he still needs his ring, and that he uses most of his energy to fight off his lead poisoning.

Soljer
I'm pretty sure Yat has said he still needs his ring, and that he uses most of his energy to fight off his lead poisoning.

If I recall correctly, Yat needs the ring to fight off the Lead Poisoning. He taps the power on the central power battery directly, however, seeing as he's Ion.

Galan007
What's up with the slash, slash thing you have going on lately? //it kinda weirds me out because in a few of the programming languages I know a "//" means "comment." When I type reports for work, slashes are how most info is separated... It's just become a bad habit, lol.
I'm pretty sure Yat has said he still needs his ring, and that he uses most of his energy to fight off his lead poisoning. Soljer answered this.

Mindset
If I recall correctly, Yat needs the ring to fight off the Lead Poisoning. He taps the power on the central power battery directly, however, seeing as he's Ion.

That makes no sense. confused

Soljer
That makes no sense. confused

His ring comes with an artificial intelligence. An autonomous agent. Said agent is currently set to "repair lead poisoning."

If he removes the ring for even a moment, the autonomous agent will turn off, and as such, so will his 'repair lead poisoning' script.

Since Ion doesn't need a ring, he doesn't get the ring's artificial intelligence. He could rebuff the lead poisoning just as the ring does - but he'd have to put conscious thought into it. Constant conscious thought. It's far easier to just keep the ring on for it's AI and allow the ring to worry about the lead poisoning and keep all of his mind open for channeling the Ion power.

Make a little more sense now?

Mindset
Yes smile

Also wasn't Ion energy retconned to be an entity, I don't think it gives them direct connection to the central power battery, that was only Kyle Ion.

Galan007
Yes smile

Also wasn't Ion energy retconned to be an entity, I don't think it gives them direct connection to the central power battery, that was only Kyle Ion. Retconned? Not to my knowledge.

We only saw a hostless manifestation of what the Ion entity is...

I haven't seen/heard mention of there no longer being a direct link between the Ion power, and the CB.

Soljer
Retconned? Not to my knowledge.

We only saw a hostless manifestation of what the Ion entity is...

I haven't seen/heard mention of there no longer being a direct link between the Ion power, and the CB.

Indeed.

Ion is the living embodiment of will. The central power battery is, more or less, the collective willpower of the universe.

Having the entity inside you gives you a direct link to the central power battery and, thus, the willpower of the universe.

It's like getting a bucket of water a time versus having a hose connected directly to the ocean.

A lantern's ring is the bucket, the Ion entity is a hose, the Central Power Battery is an, effectively, limitless source of power.

Mindset
Sorry, I should have been more clear, I was talking about the first Ion

Galan007
Sorry, I should have been more clear, I was talking about the first Ion The original Ion was the cumulative power of the CB + the Starheart, compiled into one singular being, .

He didn't just funnel said powers, like the current Ions' have -- he was said power.

Estacado
The whole thing is dumb......
How come Hal wasn't affected by Ion when he entered the battery as Parallax?

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
The whole thing is dumb......
How come Hal wasn't infected by Ion when he entered the battery as Parallax? His emotions at the time? srug

Estacado
His emotions at the time? srug
Or maybe they haven't thought about that when they came up with the Entity stuff.......mmm

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
Or maybe they haven't thought about that when they came up with the Entity stuff.......mmm DC having problems with continuity? Nah...
herbhappy

grey fox
4/10 to surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.