Punisher in Gotham!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
Batman is dead. It's happened. The Joker finally made something to taking him out.
After two months, the city is ****ed up. But the villains don't know that the Punisher is on his way.

First match: Punisher Gauntlet:
1- Scarecrow
2- 2 Faces
3- Riddler
4- Joker

Second match: Tag Team:
Punisher, Barracuda and Jigsaw vs Joker, Red Hood and 2 Faces

Third match: Question!
Can punisher could do as good as Batman?

Mindset
2 Face, not faces.

Sorry it's no big deal, but it is annoying.

tkitna
Batman is better than Punisher. The only difference is that the villians would be dead. Its harder to keep them alive in my opinion.

Punisher kills them all.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
Batman is better than Punisher. The only difference is that the villians would be dead. Its harder to keep them alive in my opinion.

Punisher kills them all.

QFT

Sado22
punisher is no alien to mind games, nor is he new to sick psychopaths out there to get him. Jigsaw for one is like the joker (not as good as him though) but he's dealt with him several times and come out on top. and of course this would be the first time the gotham geeks are up against someone who just might as well ask the civilians to evacuate so he can drop a nuke there (notice that he HAS dropped a nuke on enemy stronghold before). that's the thing. Frank Castle has no qualms against killing. the batman opponents don't know wht that;s like and get horribly blown up, mutilated or plain shot like hell.

Frank Castle kills gotham and does the one thing Batman never did: gotham STAYS clean.

~Sado

xmarksthespot
Superman would stop him...

Erik-Lensherr
2 Faces. Lulz.

Anyway, he certainly doesn't get passed the second gauntlet and it's debatable if he gets past the first one.

Soljer
Frank definitely doesn't get past the Riddler or the Joker - if he makes it that far.

jinzin
Originally posted by Soljer
Frank definitely doesn't get past the Riddler or the Joker - if he makes it that far.

you sure about that?
Considering they don't know Punisher is coming.. he does have a bit of an advantage here.

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
you sure about that?

One hundred and twelve percent.

Sado22
nah, gotham guys are too soft. they're too used to goodytwoshoes like batman and robin (and the rest of the tights crew). besides in two crossovers of punisher vs batman, Frank raped Joker over.

you remember how badly supes was getting pwned by joker in world's finest?

~Sado

bobbi
once they figure out some guy is after them thats willing to kill them I'd think they'd step it up. It's not like the batman villains WON'T kill anyone. And they all seem to have a history with batman and respect him so it seems like they try not to outright kill him as much (joker anyway). They don't know Punisher and if someone comes to your town and starts f***ing up all the criminals in it, as a criminal i'd step up my game to more lethal methods

superchron
Riddler: I've got a riddle for you.

Punisher: (Shoots Riddler in the head)

Rorschach
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Superman would stop him...

When will you goddamn Superman fanboys learn...

Rorschach
Originally posted by Sado22
nah, gotham guys are too soft. they're too used to goodytwoshoes like batman and robin (and the rest of the tights crew). besides in two crossovers of punisher vs batman, Frank raped Joker over.

you remember how badly supes was getting pwned by joker in world's finest?

~Sado

Wait, Joker actually owned Superman?

Post the scans or give me the exact comic in which it happened. Something like that belongs in the ownage thread.

BentonGrey
I've got to say, I think he stops at Riddler, if he makes it to him. Bats can out-think Nygma, but that's because he's the world's greatest detective. I know Frank's no fool, but I just don't think he'd be up for matching wits with The Riddler!

superchron
He's talking about how Supes got owned in the animated Movie, Superman/Batman, Worlds Finest. Which was complete PIS btw

Rorschach
Originally posted by superchron
He's talking about how Supes got owned in the animated Movie, Superman/Batman, Worlds Finest. Which was complete PIS btw

Damn, I was really hoping Joker had owned Superman, in continuity. shifty

Sado22
me too. clark "kunt" really gets everything easy mad

well, its kinda simple really. it'll go like this:

the only reason these goons have gone on for as long as they did is because Batman doesn't kill them. Punisher on the other hand will ONLY kill them. he's not the "repent and thou shalt be saved" variety.

aside from Bane, I dont see Frank having problems with anyone. and if Frank took out The Russian then he can take out Bane......with a lot of guns and rocket launchers of course.

~Sado

BentonGrey
Sado, you're assuming a one on one confrontation, and as has been observed earlier, the Gotham criminals aren't stupid. Once they realize that someone is KILLING members of the underworld, they will change their tactics. Riddler would design a death trap and riddle that would stymie Castle, and probably kill him. I just keep thinking about all of the animated series episodes where Nygma trapped Bats in one deathrap or another, and Bats was able to solve the riddles and escape. All of this happened without Riddler ever being exposed to combat until the very end. He could do the same thing to Punisher, only I don't think that Castle would be able to escape.

redhotrash
Punisher wouldnt just rush out and start blasting people either. More than likely he'd try to arrange to have them all in 1 place at 1 time and deal with them there. Like maybe killing Scarecrow first them boming the funeral... Also it wouldnt surprise me at all if he tossed on a Batman costume just to throw them all off guard. In a 1 on 1 confrontation none of them, including Bane, should survive.

spetznaz
Interesting thread.

Instead of answering the step questions, let's rush to the big one. Could Frank do it?

Well, yes and no.

The main advantage Frank would have is that once he tangled with a perp, that would be it. The perp would either be dead, or Frank would be dead. Unlike Batman, Frank plays for keeps ....meaning there will be no crazy situation whereby perps escape from arkham asylum, or blackgate prison, like there was some darn veritable revolving door or something!

Thus, every success Frank has is A PERMANENT SUCCESS, which cannot be said about Batman (who although very efficient, operates in a city that is not as efficient at keeping criminals behind bars).

Thus that would be Frank's major advantage.

His downfall would be that unless he takes out the BIG guys first (especially Joker), sooner or later the criminal population would know that there is a killer out there gunning for them. As someone said, Batman had a certain level of respect (particularly from the Joker). If the Big Boys are not taken out, what you will see is a major hit out on Punihser that involves everyone from your local street hoodlum, to the InterGang (who have been used as hitment, and they have Apokoliptan technology), the entire League of Assassins under orders from Ras or Talia, to even specialized assassins like David Cain, Deadshot, Shiva, and DeathStroke (a combo of Deathstroke and Cain against Punisher would be too much for even Batman).

Thus, unless Punisher wipes out the head, he will die once word gets around.

Finally, the upper echelon of criminal in Gotham is very cerebral. There is a reason why Superman couldn't solve Gotham's problems during No Mans Land (the guy completely and utterly failed, and had to fly off with his tail between his legs and leave the job to Batman). That is the thing about Bruce ....he is not just a Shiva without breasts, or an older Nightwing, or David Cain without guns. He is EXTREMELY cerebral (in NML he once said he had a plan, which had 7 back up plans, and 7 back up plans for EACH of those 7 back up plans ...do the math).

People like the Joker appear like clowns, but in reality the Joker And even someone like Enigma) is not a character you would want in your city. It is just that in the cartoon, and in the movies, he is usually portrated as some laughing guy who will make you inhale laughing gas. He is not ....

Frank may have sizeable problems dealing with criminals who operate in the obtuse .....who make no sense, not because they are illogical, but because they are so super-logical they APPEAR insane (in truth, Enigma and Joker are anything BUT insane .....think of Batman after having one too many expressos).

And then there is the Red Hood. Basically a Batman-esque individual with access to all of Batman's toys, and is not afraid to kill.

Gotham is an 'interesting' city (as Superman found out). Taking of of Bludhaven's criminal population is much different from doing the same to Gothams!

Punisher, in my opinion, does a good job. And then suddenly he disappears and is never heard of again ....although people notice that suddenly the Joker starts sporting a rather interesting flesh-colored leather parasol ........and matching boots ......

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by spetznaz

Finally, the upper echelon of criminal in Gotham is very cerebral. There is a reason why Superman couldn't solve Gotham's problems during No Mans Land (the guy completely and utterly failed, and had to fly off with his tail between his legs and leave the job to Batman). That is the thing about Bruce ....he is not just a Shiva without breasts, or an older Nightwing, or David Cain without guns. He is EXTREMELY cerebral (in NML he once said he had a plan, which had 7 back up plans, and 7 back up plans for EACH of those 7 back up plans ...do the math).

I think I have the issue you're talking about he didnt fly off with his tail between his legs. He decided to leav Batman to it.

Originally posted by spetznaz

His downfall would be that unless he takes out the BIG guys first (especially Joker), sooner or later the criminal population would know that there is a killer out there gunning for them. As someone said, Batman had a certain level of respect (particularly from the Joker). If the Big Boys are not taken out, what you will see is a major hit out on Punihser that involves everyone from your local street hoodlum, to the InterGang (who have been used as hitment, and they have Apokoliptan technology), the entire League of Assassins under orders from Ras or Talia, to even specialized assassins like David Cain, Deadshot, Shiva, and DeathStroke (a combo of Deathstroke and Cain against Punisher would be too much for even Batman).

Its also very possible that some villains will try to use Punisher to wipe out the competiton.

redhotrash
Lots of interesting possibilities honestly. Could see Ras picking Frank as his heir and backing him up for a time. Also Punisher isnt a stranger to having a lot of higher ups putting hits out on him. The guy is an expert on disappearing.
On a side note, judging by all the posts, it seems like Punisher is the flavor of the month character for May...

Darth Martin
Originally posted by redhotrash
Lots of interesting possibilities honestly. Could see Ras picking Frank as his heir and backing him up for a time. Also Punisher isnt a stranger to having a lot of higher ups putting hits out on him. The guy is an expert on disappearing.
On a side note, judging by all the posts, it seems like Punisher is the flavor of the month character for May... May? You mean March? confused

redhotrash
Minor detail...

Sado22
i respect your opinion, but i think you forget that frank has a very good sense of detail and he ALWAYS does his homework. in the "kingpin arc" of punisher vol2, Frank did his homework on fisk to the point that he knew every single person involved with him, past present or future and found out every place fisk had his bigass in. he can apply the same to gotham considering that he has his ways of finding info. especially if its the upper echelon of the crimeboys, frank would DEFINITELY do his homework.
as for finding out exits and solving puzzles, frank has great presence of mind. he's no rocket scientist but he has the survival instincts. like in volume1 when he was locked in a place with gas and he managed to get out of there. frank's no idiot.

once again, you are right that its not as easy as i've been making it sound like. however, frank does his homework. Always. his attention to detail and his meanstreak are probably going to be too much for gotham boys.

but yes, i'm bringing down the ration. Frank wins 7/10. not 10/10.

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.