Scorpion vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
The pissed-off Ghost of Sparta versus the equally-pissed off undead Shirai Ryu ninja.

The Titan Gaia promises Kratos complete absolution from his past crimes as a stooge of Ares, as well as his wife and daughter brought back to life should he wins his match, while the goddess Delia promises to revive himself, Scorpion's family and clan should Scorpion wins.

With the stakes high, who wins this battle to the death?

Darth Extecute
Which Kratos is this?

Furion
equally pissed off? Scorpion is way more pissed off then Kratos. Scorp wins this.

MadMel
mortal kratos loses
god kratos will crush scorp..

Furion
God Kratos would kick the crap out of any version of Scorp, but IF it's mortal, Scorp beats the hell out of Kratos.

Kazenji
God or mortal kratos he would pawn scorpions ass

Dark-Jaxx
Kratos has never been a mortal.

Demi-God Kratos destroys Scorpion.

Kazenji
Kratos has so been a bloody mortal, Don't you remember the first game where he was the boss of his spartan army...........i guess not.

Dark-Jaxx
He was the son of Zeus, making him by default a Demi-God, his powers just were not awakened yet.

Kazenji
Which God of war game did they say that in ??

i don't remember anything about it.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Which God of war game did they say that in ??

i don't remember anything about it. Second one.

Furion
Scorpion is The Champion of The Elder Gods. He's immortal. Scorp wins.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Furion
Scorpion is The Champion of The Elder Gods. He's immortal. Scorp wins.

I still don't see how that is possible when Kratos manage to kill the sisters of fate and also get through their temple when he was mortal

either one god or mortal kratos he still beats him.

Burning thought
you mean God or Demi-God, i dont think Scorpion can do much at all, even if he does keep coming back from the dead theres no way he is likely to harm Kratos

Furion
Raiden THE God of Thunder, Shang Tsung who is a top tier MK Fighter, and Quan Chi who is also a pretty good fighter used all their power to attack Onaga. Onaga didn't get a scratch on him. Even when Raiden blew up, killing Shang and Quan as well as the temple they where in and possibley everything in a mile, Onaga simply shrugged it off. Scorpion, the Champion of the Elder Gods, can KILL Onaga. God, I agree, would kill Scorp, but Demi-God wouldn't be able to. Scorp is a master fighter who fights Actual Gods.

Burning thought
what do you call an actual God, technically theres no such thing apart from those 3 O's Gods in religion, otherwise its just a title, Raiden and the other Elder Gods and such in MK are not much more powerful than many beings in fiction.

Kratos could just turn him to stone and smash him, thats the end of him, or he could call many Chronos rage which would blast him at the same time as Poseidons rage (if he can still use it) all around him, and thats without using his blade of Olympus which could hit scorpion at range or in melee

Furion
No, They are actual Gods. Raiden is the God of Thunder.

You really think Scorpion would get hit by that. That turned to stone is Medusa'sa head. Scorpion just needs to not look at it.

Blades of Olympus can be countered by Scorp's kunai that acts the same as Kratos's blades.

Burning thought
So his title is simply "God of Thunder" then. either way, hes a lame @ss excuse for the title, his puny lightning beams haha

your countering Blade of Olympus and blades of Athena with the pathetic Kunai? lmao......one slash and Scorpion will likely Gib

No the Medusa/Euryale head shoots a beam, its not like the one of legend where you have to look at it, Kratos can target it and quickly launch the flash in a flash which will freeze Scorpion solid in stone, OR he could charge it up if its Euryales head and send out the wave of energy to take Scorpion from all sides

Furion
No, Actual God of Thunder. The form he fights in is a pathetic weak super weak ass mortal form. He is A GOD.

And one stab through Kratos's brain will kill him

Again, do you really think Scorp will just stand there? Scorpion has teleporting abilities. Infact yeah, Hellfire punch and then Toasty him.

Burning thought
No, Actual God of Thunder. The form he fights in is a pathetic weak super weak ass mortal form. He is A GOD.

And one stab through Kratos's brain will kill him

Again, do you really think Scorp will just stand there? Scorpion has teleporting abilities. Infact yeah, Hellfire punch and then Toasty him.

yeh just like the reast of the titled such

lol, Scorpion would even get near Kratos when Kratos is pulling off spinning moves, and no, it wouldnt if Kratos is in Rage of the Gods/Titan mod, infact in Gods i think hes invulerable

nah hellfire puncn which will do nothing really and Kratos would use AOE, Scorpion no matter how fast hes moving cannot dodge an AOE all around Kratos, since he wouldnt know its range and running from kratos is pointless, Kratos also has the fleece for projectile deflecintg

Furion
Prove it won't do anything.

Burning thought
prove what? no thats a fallacy, you have to prove it "will" do something first, then i disprove it, otherwise your under the "burden of proof fallacy"

Kratos is too durable for a simple hellfire punch, the guy takes hits from fire all the time as well, a lot of beings in GOW and GOW 2 have fire attacks like the flame bull in GOW 1

Furion
Scorpion's Hellfire punch works on beings like Goro or Motaro. Hellfire punch breaks pillars and such. Not to mention Kratos would not be able to block it because it's instantanious.

Burning thought
lmao it breaks pillars? Kratos is smashed around by far more powerful beings who can smash more than pillars throughout all his games, as well as considering he himself can smash more than pillars, Scorpion wouldnt have a chance

Kratos would likely just be standing there smirking as Scorpion tries to punch him, then just grabs the lame ninja and pulls him into pieces or turns him to stone with a medusa eye flash

Furion
I was using that as an example. Kratos is infact a pretty lame ass piece of Sh1t. Ohhh, a very angry man who has his family killed by the guy he serves or some sh1t like that. THAT'S REALLY ORIGINAL! Only reason he's cool is because of what he goes through and how he doesn't give a sh1t to anyone.

Fighting Experiene= Scorpion, who is a master of martial arts and fights with gods and such. Kratos is just the leader of the Spartans. Scorpion is a fvcking ninja.
Endurance= Scorpion gets thrown into lava and comes right back out. Kratos got what, impaled on a pillar or something like that and died?
Magic= Kratos.
Speed= I don't know. Scorpion has teleporting abilities so blah.
Strength= Kratos is strong.
Kratos gets impaled on a pillar and dies, but and can get hurt by zombies and crap, yet Scorpion has no effect on him no expression

Burning thought
Zombies? they barely hurt him and in the canon he never gets harmed at all, the only thing that harms him in GOW 1 i think is various characters like Gods, Ares etc etc, If i remember corectly Ares throws something across the world and it hits Kratos, and what? Kratos is not impaled on pillars.....Kratos is endurance and incredible strong, he would beat Scorpion in endurance in the end, and Kratos has Rage of the Gods to become nearly invincible if not completly invincible.

Fighting experiance i dont know either, Kratos has been the general in many battles, being a general>Ninja by far and he conquered many people as a general, he is also incredibly skilled with his chain blades, doing spins, whirls and all kinds of attacks in quick speed.

Furion
Scorpion is >>>>> Kratos in battle experience. He fights in battles that hold the very fate of Earth Realm.

Scorpion can do all those whirls and stuff with his Kunai too.

First_Tsurugi06
Scorpion is >>>>> Kratos in battle experience. He fights in battles that hold the very fate of Earth Realm.

Scorpion can do all those whirls and stuff with his Kunai too.

So does Kratos, who fights in battles that hold the very fate of things that range from his revenge against Olympus to the very existance of the ancient world's future. They're at least tied.

Besides, if Scorpion could use his kunai to half the degree Kratos uses his blades, he would've been in his own action game long ago. Kratos may not be as iconic with his blades, but he not only uses them with higher speed, but his level of brute strength helps it so that he can use a similar technique to much higher extents on objects both living and inanimate. Where Scorpion would yank a limb off of a humanoid with his kunai, Kratos would hammer a dozens-of-feet-tall beast to the ground with his blades (of course, he can also do the same thing to any humanoid, on ground or in the air).

If it was strictly a fist-fight, then it would actually be easy to give it to either one, but a hell of a lot more believable to give it to Scorpion for reasons of game genre alone and more, but if at any time Kratos manages to grab hold of Scorpion, then it's instantly Kratos' win--he'd do to Scorpion what he did to his dopplegangers in God of War 1 or most soldiers in God of War 2 (slam them to the ground, at which point they smash into pieces, which wouldn't be half bad as a fatality if Kratos were a Mortal Kombat character).

I don't really see them tiring out against eachother, at least not for a LONG (LOOOOOOOOONG) while. They can both take alot of punishment, but I'm on the belief that Kratos can take more (he can whitstand being slammed into a wall after getting his upper body caught inside the jaws of that giant Basilisk and yet still subdue the subsequent attempt with his bare hands).

Furion
And if Scorpion ever got hold of Kratos, it's over.

Scorpion actually you can play as in MK: Shaolin Monks.

Scorpion is a spectre. I don't see how he should ever get tired really.

Kazenji

Scorpion is a spectre. I don't see how he should ever get tired really.

Wow

And Kratos has died twice and escaped from hades itself........pretty good for a Demi-god.

Dark-Jaxx
Kratos doesn't kill actual Gods...Wtf do you call Zeus!? Or the Sisters of Fate? They are ACTUAL Gods, and Zeus would beat Raiden's ass.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Kratos doesn't kill actual Gods...Wtf do you call Zeus!? Or the Sisters of Fate? They are ACTUAL Gods,.

Well kratos did'nt actually kill zeus sorry about the spoiler there.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well kratos did'nt actually kill zeus sorry about the spoiler there. Okay, he BEAT Zeus.

Dark-Jaxx
And if Scorpion ever got hold of Kratos, it's over.

Scorpion actually you can play as in MK: Shaolin Monks.

Scorpion is a spectre. I don't see how he should ever get tired really. If Scorpion dame near Kratos, he would have his arms ripped off and have his chest shredded, Kratos would then be banned from Mortal Kombat for being too violent.

MadMel
first of all, zeus wont beat raiden.
secondly, kratos wins this.
thirdly, kratos would have killed zeus had not certain people stopped kratos.

Arestrike
Kratos' Arsneal from GoW1: Blades of Chaos, Blade of Artemis, Army of Hades, Zeus' Fury, Medusas Gaze, Rage of Posideon

Kratos' Arsenal from GoW2: Athena's Blades(blades of chaos), Blade of Olympus, Spear of Destiny, Barbarian Hammer, Chonos Rage, Typhons Bane (bow), Atlas Quake, Head of Euralyle (medusa's gaze)

First_Tsurugi06
^Your point being...?

Arestrike
oh almost forgot, Arsenal from Chains of Olympus: Blades of Chaos, Efreet, Sun Sheild, Gauntlet of Zeus, Charons Wrath, Light of Dawn

Arestrike
I say Kratos take this one. Sure, Scorp can teleport and has lil' kunai similar to the Blades, but Kratos has the advantage in strength and distance. Typhons Bane, Light of Dawn, Zeus' Fury, and Chronos Rage are all long range attacks. if Scorp dodges those and gets in close, Kratos can either get out a side weapon and chop/bash Scorp to pieces or use a close range magic attack and take Scorp down that way.

First_Tsurugi06
Well, simplistically speaking, I suppose I agree. Realistically speaking however...

I suppose I agree no expression

Arestrike
Forgot to add in Kratos can block/counter with the Sun Sheild or Golden Fleece

First_Tsurugi06
I was using that as an example. Kratos is infact a pretty lame ass piece of Sh1t. Ohhh, a very angry man who has his family killed by the guy he serves or some sh1t like that. THAT'S REALLY ORIGINAL! Only reason he's cool is because of what he goes through and how he doesn't give a sh1t to anyone.

...and that's...

...not good enough...?

1. No, it's not overly original (being inspired mostly by the story of Heracles), but they do a good job of making references to many other Greek heroes (and HOLY-MOTHER OF-CRAP, God of War takes place in a Greek mythological setting and amosphere!). By the standards of Greek mythology, it's pretty believable, and that's what matters. And 2. The only reason Scorpion is any cool is because of how he shouts "Get over here!", while doing a move that, conceptually, Kratos can do at least five times as well to things five times his own size. If what makes Kratos a badass isn't good enough, then Scorpion doesn't even begin to describe badass.

Matsamudo
Kratos for the win. hands down.

I dont see how an undead spectre created by shao kahns ***** could possibly have any effect on the God Of War.

Bro SMASH
Who would have thought we'd actually get to see these two duke it out.

DYVzTi52mPo

stick out tongue

I always consider Scorpion as like the "original Kratos" in some ways.

samirerre
if its hand to hand combat then- scorp
if wepons were involved then - kratos
but the problem here is that kratos couldnt beat zeus no matter
how much he wanted without the curse(fathers getting killed by thiere son's).
overoll-scorpion

Meioh_Hades
Scorpion NEVER defeated Onaga: his MKD ending was not canon.

Canonwise, Shujinko managed to defeat Onaga only 'cause he absorbed the powers of all the MKD cast, and then he weakened Onaga shattering the six kamidogus.

However, Kratos' had feats that makes him on a totally different level.

That's quite a stomp battle.

well_known
i just love it how 1 scorpion fanboy is draging it into an actual so called "argument"

lets look at the facts kratos killed gods defeated any god that stood against him, scorpion never was able to even defeat a lame god from mortal kombat... according to the storyline who did scorpion beat? he killed elder sub zero who is just a ninja that can freeze thats it , now lets see according to the storyline scorpion was defeated by quanchi, was defeated by moloch and drahmin who are just 2 monsters ... kratos in his games defeated huge ass monsters that would shit and destroy moloch and drahmin... starting to get my point?

later on according to the new game movie intro sub zero the younger defeats and kills scorpion with his sword , so a ninja that can freeeze shit actually killed scorpion thats pathetic, after that as we play storyline mode we see scorpion being defeated again by younger sub zero, we see him getting beat up by liu kang and we see him defeated easily by raiden, scorpion got defeated by shujinku who is just a trained old man and he god humiliated by taven who is a demi god

conclusion? kratos kills gods and monsters that would destroy anyone from mortal kombat universe

scorpion is getting humiliated by gods, then by big monsters... and by some ninja that can freeze shit ? kratos will stomp him in any form and any fight hand 2 hand powers no powers kratos stomps this is a spite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.