Top 3 Most Powerful Attacks (Herald Level and below)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
What are the top 3 most powerful attacks by herald level or lower characters?

My list:

1. Blackbolt full-on scream

2. Enraged Hulk's strongest punch

3. Thor's Godblast

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Master-Borg

My list:

2. Enraged Hulk punch

3. Thor's Godblast none180

Master-Borg

suprmanvsbatman
you didnt mention a very accurate batarang blow to the head lol just kiddingsmile

Thors God Blast because The Hulks power hasn't yet reached its peek so who knows lol:P

Endrict Nuul
confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Slippyfist
1. Godblast... easily...

As for the rest?

2. Deathstroke doing anything

3. Darkseid's Omega Beams... shifty

---

No, but seriously... anything above Thor's Godblast off the top of my head in herald level... just isn't happening. The only competition is Batman's batkick, and that's not even from a herald level being.

Master-Borg
Hulk's punch took out Onslaught...Thor's godblast did not

also, I think BB's scream is much more devastating than a godblast

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
roll eyes (sarcastic) confused confused

King Kandy

My list:

2. Enraged Hulk's strongest punch

3. Thor's Godblast
Hulk's punch>Exitar and Galactus?

King Kandy
Hmm... do you suppose that could be because Thor never used the godblast on Onslaught?

Master-Borg
Originally posted by King Kandy
Hulk's punch>Exitar and Galactus? I'm not talking a regular hulk punch

I mean when Hulk is at his ANGRIEST FORM and unleashing his HARDEST punch (ie took out Onslaught)

that Hulk punch >>> Godblast

Master-Borg
Hmm... do you suppose that could be because Thor never used the godblast on Onslaught? he never used it because it wouldn't have damaged Onslaught...or else he would have used it.

Mr. Slippyfist
no expression

also, I think BB's scream is much more devastating than a godblast Thor didn't do a Godblast against Onslaught... and Thor also tore through Onslaught with regular means, and took out Franky (been a while, so I might not remember who he grabbed).

Thor's Godblast tore through someone who stole Odin's power, plus some more...
It drove off weakened Galactus.
It stopped Juggernaut, and threw him back.
It broke Exitar's domepiece (which is apparently harder than his exterior).

suprmanvsbatman
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
1. Godblast... easily...

Batman's batkick, and that's not even from a herald level being.

Indeed never under estimate the power of the batkick

King Kandy
he never used it because it wouldn't have damaged Onslaught...or else he would have used it.
No, that's just not true. Thor's godblast takes a lot out of him, he only uses it on truly abstract-level threats... and Juggernaut (bad writing.)

King Kandy
I'm not talking a regular hulk punch

I mean when Hulk is at his ANGRIEST FORM and unleashing his HARDEST punch (ie took out Onslaught)

that Hulk punch >>> Godblast
Okay. So you have modified your claim from Hulk Punch>Galactus and Exitar to Hulk Punch>>>Galactus and Exitar?

Master-Borg
Okay. So you have modified your claim from Hulk Punch>Galactus and Exitar to Hulk Punch>>>Galactus and Exitar? I never said that

and godblast is not > galactus, just because it pushed a weakened feeble Galactus is not that impressive. also that happend in the 70s if I am not mistaken.

darthgoober
I think Surfer's "black hole blast" deserves mentioning... but then again he's never really done that in combat so I'm not sure if it qualifies as an attack.

Mr. Slippyfist
I never said that

and godblast is not > galactus, just because it pushed a weakened feeble Galactus is not that impressive. also that happend in the 70s if I am not mistaken. It almost killed a weakened Galactus...

Who cares about the timeframe? It's still powerful in every appearance...
In the latest one, it tore through someone who almost destroyed the Destroyer with an outburst... Someone who with Perrikus tore through Olympus, and had Odin's power +.

You've got to be smoking cock if you think Hulk's punch can do more than the Godblast...

darthgoober
Here is THE most powerful attack ever featured in a comic book(at least to my knowledge)...
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7218/sensationalshehulkv2009fp2.jpg

suprmanvsbatman

You've got to be smoking cock if you think Hulk's punch can do more than the Godblast...

I agree anything The Hulk can do now cant measure up to Thors Godblast...atleast anything he can do now lol

darthgoober
Damn bottem of the page...
Originally posted by darthgoober
Here is THE most powerful attack ever featured in a comic book(at least to my knowledge)...
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7218/sensationalshehulkv2009fp2.jpg

Master-Borg
It almost killed a weakened Galactus...

Who cares about the timeframe? It's still powerful in every appearance...
In the latest one, it tore through someone who almost destroyed the Destroyer with an outburst... Someone who with Perrikus tore through Olympus, and had Odin's power +.

I think Hulk's most powerful punch is greater than godblast...of course godblast on average is much more powerful than a hulk punch

I mentioned time period because certain eras characters were given ridiculous feats that don't even make sense with the character

Mr. Slippyfist
I think Hulk's most powerful punch is greater than godblast...of course godblast on average is much more powerful than a hulk punch

I mentioned time period because certain eras characters were given ridiculous feats that don't even make sense with the character Because it destroyed Onslaught's armor that was cracked by Cyclops (I believe, maybe it was Cyke + a pussy attack by Thor... got to read the Onslaught saga again...)?

Thor's Godblast doesn't make sense... period. It's way too powerful for him to have, but it's there. So...

Master-Borg
Because it destroyed Onslaught's armor that was cracked by Cyclops (I believe, maybe it was Cyke + a pussy attack by Thor... got to read the Onslaught saga again...)?

Thor's Godblast doesn't make sense... period. It's way too powerful for him to have, but it's there. So... there is really no limit to Hulk's power...the godblast does have a limit

Mr. Slippyfist
there is really no limit to Hulk's power...the godblast does have a limit laughing out loud

Mr. Slippyfist
Also, using that logic... what has Black Bolt done to be above Hulk's unlimited power?

Symmetric Chaos
Also, using that logic... what has Black Bolt done to be above Hulk's unlimited power?

Unequivicolly defeated him twice.

King Kandy
Failed to hurt a celestial. See the irony here?

Master-Borg
Also, using that logic... what has Black Bolt done to be above Hulk's unlimited power? we havent seen the extent of Black Bolt's potentially full powered scream...similar to Hulk, they both haven't reached the ceiling of their attacks

Thor's godblast is powerful at base level, but it can't increase

and you may be right, Hulk's punch may be more powerful than BB's scream

Master-Borg
Failed to hurt a celestial. See the irony here? BB's whisper VAPORIZED Apocalypse

his friggin whisper

case closed

Symmetric Chaos
BB's whisper VAPORIZED Apocalypse

his friggin whisper

case closed

In an alternate reality . . . so it never happened.

Martian_mind
In House of M it did....

Which makes it non-canon

King Kandy
BB's whisper VAPORIZED Apocalypse

his friggin whisper

case closed
And? His scream is less powerful then the Godblast, I just proved it, but i'll go over it one more time.

Black Bolt's scream failed to hurt an average Celestial.

Thor's Godblast succeeded in hurting Exitar, one of the strongest Celestials.

Master-Borg
And? His scream is less powerful then the Godblast, I just proved it, but i'll go over it one more time.

Black Bolt's scream failed to hurt an average Celestial.

Thor's Godblast succeeded in hurting Exitar, one of the strongest Celestials.

ok, I didn't know BB unleashed a full scream, but if that's the case...than I'll admit Im wrong and godblast > BB scream

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Unequivicolly defeated him twice. I know, but still... BB is not unlimited in power.

we havent seen the extent of Black Bolt's potentially full powered scream...similar to Hulk, they both haven't reached the ceiling of their attacks

Thor's godblast is powerful at base level, but it can't increase

and you may be right, Hulk's punch may be more powerful than BB's scream We haven't seen what the Godblast can't do...
Actually, going into detail, it easily tore through Zelia. Who had:

Odin's power.
Her own Power (she's the ruler of the Dark Gods, and Perrikus' mother).
The Union (which was hundreds of Dark Gods, and Perrikus' power merged into one).

Do you know how ridiculous this feat is?

Doctor-Alvis
Spider-man's gun-based webbing.

Master-Borg
I know, but still... BB is not unlimited in power.

We haven't seen what the Godblast can't do...
Actually, going into detail, it easily tore through Zelia. Who had:

Odin's power.
Her own Power (she's the ruler of the Dark Gods, and Perrikus' mother).
The Union (which was hundreds of Dark Gods, and Perrikus' power merged into one).

Do you know how ridiculous this feat is?

1. BB is not unlimited in power, but Hulk is.

2. No I do not know how ridiculous that feat is since I don't know who Zelia is. But I want to note that being very powerful does not necessarily equate with great durability...did Zelia have any durability feats?

King Kandy
But I want to note that being very powerful does not necessarily equate with great durability...
Actually in comics it generally does.

Master-Borg
Actually in comics it generally does.

Magneto comes to mind as a very powerful being who is very vulnerable

Also, Dr. Strange is another example

but yeah I know usually that is the case. But we don't really know how durable Zelia is just by her power...she may be only as durable as Iron Man or more durable than Juggernaut.

Martian_mind
Yeah,but both characters you stated have uber shields,and considering Thor gave her warning,i doubt she had nothing up.

King Kandy
Actually when you count their shields, Dr. Strange and Magneto have tremendous durability.

Master-Borg
Actually when you count their shields, Dr. Strange and Magneto have tremendous durability. true, my point was that power doesnt necessarily equate with durability. Im not denying that Zelia may very well be very durable, but we can't just assume that on the basis of her power.

Mr. Slippyfist
1. BB is not unlimited in power, but Hulk is.

2. No I do not know how ridiculous that feat is since I don't know who Zelia is. But I want to note that being very powerful does not necessarily equate with great durability...did Zelia have any durability feats? Ah... so, Hulk can also hit harder than say... a blast from Galactus?

She seemingly took a shot from Thor to no effect earlier... and took him down. She didn't do much, as Perrikus was the grunt. She was also wearing Dark God armor.
She may have had some feats I forgot earlier, as I'm just going by my scans currently.

Plus, how did King Thor become more durable? It certainly wasn't because of Odin's power, I'll tell you that right now... ermm

Master-Borg
Ah... so, Hulk can also hit harder than say... a blast from Galactus?

yes, it's possible...although it's hard to compare a punch with a blast

Mr. Slippyfist
yes, it's possible...although it's hard to compare a punch with a blast no expression

That whole statement... wow...

I mean... wow...

Also, aren't you comparing Hulk's punch to BB's scream, and Thor's Godblast? huh

King Kandy
true, my point was that power doesnt necessarily equate with durability. Im not denying that Zelia may very well be very durable, but we can't just assume that on the basis of her power.
Yes we can. Given shields, what characters do you know that are powerful but have no defense?

DigiMark007
Mr. Borg, wasn't it a fight between Onslaught and Hulk, and it took multiple punches to crack his outer shell (not defeat him, mind you...crack his outer shell)? I don't remember the arc ver batim, but I seem to remember it being a full-on fight, not a OHK for the armor.

And no one could tell me that a few pissed-off Superman punches, or a few Godblasts, wouldn't do the same. At least not without stretching some facts. Your loyalty is obvious, which is fine, but do we really need to resort to such obvious embellishment? Every other fan in existence can admit that something is more powerful than their favorite characters....why Hulk fans can't is quite beyond me.

Mr. Slippyfist
As soon as I re-read the Onslaught Saga, and find the time when Cyke cracked his armor (and I believe Thor ran right through him after that)... shifty

Also, Digi, it was a fight. However, it's like those fights when previous punches do a little, and then the last blow absolutely decimates (Ala Surfer vs Ronan).
You could attribute it to being a fight... and you could have it being just because of Hulk's punch... however, it wasn't nearly the feat people make it out as either way.
Good stuff, but overrated IMO.

Newjak
Edit

Wrong thread

Martian_mind
Poodles

Master-Borg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Your loyalty is obvious

You think I'm a hulk fanboy?! hahaha...that's the most ridiculous thing in this entire thread

King Kandy
You think I'm a hulk fanboy?! hahaha...that's the most ridiculous thing in this entire thread
Is it that ridiculous in light of you once saying he could defeat Galactus?

Master-Borg
Is it that ridiculous in light of you once saying he could defeat Galactus? I never said that. confused

King Kandy
Yes you did. I will find the quote.

King Kandy
umm, physically Hulk can be ALOT stronger than Galactus, if he gets mad enough. Galactus has a ceiling to his strength, Hulk doesn't.

fool, my statement was correct. If Jean shuts off Banner and then Hulk sees Galactus decapitating Betty, Hulk would oneshot Galactus so hard that he'll vomit all the planets he ever ate.

THat's a fact.

Master-Borg
Yes you did. I will find the quote.

good luck laughing

DigiMark007

Well, if you're backing a character FAR beyond what anyone else is willing to, you generally are seen as a fan of that character. I didn't use the word fanboy because that would imply irrationality, which you haven't been. But I still think you're skewing the facts in Hulk's favor, and ignoring more powerful people/attacks in the Herald class.

King Kandy
good luck laughing
Thanks. Bad luck for you though because I just found them. Read my earlier post.

Master-Borg

King Kandy
Actually it does, you said Hulk would one-shot Galactus.

Then you edited your post, probably to try and seem less stupid. didn't work.

Zeitgeist
Failed to hurt a celestial. See the irony here? Iirc, that's non-cannon.

I don't think that a fully powered scream has ever canonically been witnessed... though I can't remember if it was a canon scream when he broke through the Negative Barrier.

Soljer
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Iirc, that's non-cannon.

I don't think that a fully powered scream has ever canonically been witnessed... though I can't remember if it was a canon scream when he broke through the Negative Barrier.

Especially since pretty much every showing of Black Bolt's been a Skrull anyways....

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Soljer
Especially since pretty much every showing of Black Bolt's been a Skrull anyways.... We don't know that for sure.

Only a hint by that bastard.

Mr. Slippyfist
Especially since pretty much every showing of Black Bolt's been a Skrull anyways.... It actually only seems like it's been since he's been captured by Illuminati (which probably might even make Silent War have happened to BB).

Check it!
*what I've been saying all along*
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Secret_Invasion_16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Secret_Invasion_17.jpg

Superboy Prime
What about Diana's Godwave?

Larceny
Haven't been around here in a minute.

King_Mungi
It actually only seems like it's been since he's been captured by Illuminati (which probably might even make Silent War have happened to BB).

Check it!
*what I've been saying all along*
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Secret_Invasion_16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/Secret_Invasion_17.jpg

*Scratches his head* Illumintai #1 was set in the past, during the Kree/Skrull War and even makes note about how BB could have been exchanged during that time. Scans actually help prove he was switched during the War all those years ago

janus77
Hulk's strongest punch so far has to be the one that finally smashed Onslaught's armour but, how powerful was that Thunderclap which redirected DarkCrawler's attack - matching a force which eventually destroyed a dimension?

Hulk's power would trump the GodBlast, given on-panel evidence of the GodBlast's limits. and as for the Exitar thing, didn't Sue Storm's forcefields wreck his dome too?

BB's scream seems either to have been toned down or just hyped ala Sentry, 'cos he was shouting when Hulk beat him on the moon.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
BB's scream seems either to have been toned down or just hyped ala Sentry, 'cos he was shouting when Hulk beat him on the moon.

He whispered . . .

Zeitgeist
And it was almost certainly retconned...

Soljer
Hulk's strongest punch so far has to be the one that finally smashed Onslaught's armour

How powerful do you figure? slightly more powerful than one of Cyclops' optic blasts?

but, how powerful was that Thunderclap which redirected DarkCrawler's attack - matching a force which eventually destroyed a dimension?
Redirection != matching. Otherwise Steve Rogers could quite easily lift the Earth.

Hulk's power would trump the GodBlast, given on-panel evidence of the GodBlast's limits.

Evidence. Kthxbai.

and as for the Exitar thing, didn't Sue Storm's forcefields wreck his dome too?
Hyperspace and what not. Read up some.

Endless Mike
The Batkick

ultimatethor
How powerful do you figure? slightly more powerful than one of Cyclops' optic blasts?

I dont think dat cykes optic blast could hv taken onslaughts armour at d lvl it was at when hulk broke it. After all the all of the heroes there had tried to break it at dat point including cyklops and thor( not using godblast though)
and failed to do so. It was obvious dat making the hulk insane was their
last attempt at shattering it at that point. I consider it as a reallly great feat.

With that being said thor godblast IMO is still more powerful than any hulk punch ( except maybe if the worldbreaker at d end of WWH threw a punch).

My ranking like dis
1. God blast/ ss non holding back full power blast
2. Blackbolt scream
3. Insane hulk punch

Mr. Slippyfist
1. Hulk's Punch
2. Thor flying (since it shattered everything after, and even cracked other pieces of armor)
3. Cable/Magneto attacks/Cyclops' optic blast/Invisible Woman

If Onslaught is so powerful... and since Hulk's punch is more than the Godblast, then that means these attacks must be as well!

Originally posted by Estacado

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/9829/4dh7.th.jpg
http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/8854/5yt4.th.jpg

Master-Borg
what exactly has Thor's godblast done that an angry mindless Hulk's fist couldn't replicate?

personally, I think the answer is 'nothing'

Mr. Slippyfist
what exactly has Thor's godblast done that an angry mindless Hulk's fist couldn't replicate?

personally, I think the answer is 'nothing' Are you shitting me?

How about tearing through a being above Odin?
Chasing off Galactus, and almost killing him.
Blasting through Exitar's domepiece (that is harder than his exterior).
And stopping, and throwing Juggernaut back.

"What has Hulk's punches done that Superman's fist couldn't replicate?" is a better question than yours. As they are actually semi-comparable...

no expression

Master-Borg
Are you f*cking shitting my ass?
- no

- whose durability we have not yet determined

- a starving Galactus, in a comic from the ridiculous 70s when Thor was lifting Midgard serpents the size of earth.

- Hulk busted Onslaught. Given enough rage, I don't see why he can't bust Exitar as well.

- This Hulk can't replicate, since Thor's magic negates Juggs magic...its more a feat of magic than power.

King Kandy
Onslaught and Exitar are in no way comparable.

Mr. Slippyfist
Are you f*cking shitting my ass?
- no

- whose durability we have not yet determined

- a starving Galactus, in a comic from the ridiculous 70s when Thor was lifting Midgard serpents the size of earth.

- Hulk busted Onslaught. Given enough rage, I don't see why he can't bust Exitar as well.

- This Hulk can't replicate, since Thor's magic negates Juggs magic...its more a feat of magic than power. Who was never hurt, besides when Thor tore through her. smile

This isn't DC. I don't see how a timeframe factors into anything, other than the fact that you don't like it.
Thor also had the World Engine feat in the 90's, and in the 80's, he was smashing through Celestial armor with full force swings. Also, that lifting of the Serpent feat was I believe in '83... so...

Hulk busted Onslaught? Mags, and Cable also cracked Onslaught, and Cyke blasted through him. You'd be nuts to think that they could ever hope to achieve this against Exitar.
Also, that is quite a bias answer... You don't see why? I don't see why I can't punch through someone's skull.
How about you prove that Hulk can come into contention with feats?

Where was Thor's magic said to negate Juggernaut's movement?

Juntai
lol@ f*cking shitting my ass.

chithappens
I come back to this topic 3 days later and people are still trying to give Hulk bonus points.

Sigh

Soljer
Hulk busted Onslaught? Mags, and Cable also cracked Onslaught, and Cyke blasted through him.

Captain America busted Onslaught's armor with a shield bash.

smile.

LORD B
Captain America busted Onslaught's armor with a shield bash.

smile.
wasnt that the shitty onslut reborn roll eyes (sarcastic)

Master-Borg
you guys are not giving Hulk his due; his onslaught busting punch was much more impressive than you guys are making it out to be

Soljer
you guys are not giving Hulk his due; his onslaught busting punch was much more impressive than you guys are making it out to be

Not quite. Everyone hypes the punch up as if it were the greatest attack ever seen in a comic.

Fact is, Onslaught allowed the Hulk to do as much as he wanted to free himself from the armor.

Furthermore, Thor, Cable, Magneto, and Scott-****ing-Summers were also able to penetrate Onslaught's armor.

Master-Borg
Not quite. Everyone hypes the punch up as if it were the greatest attack ever seen in a comic.

Fact is, Onslaught allowed the Hulk to do as much as he wanted to free himself from the armor.

Furthermore, Thor, Cable, Magneto, and Scott-****ing-Summers were also able to penetrate Onslaught's armor. I agree that Onslaught allowed/wanted Hulk to bust him...but really nobody else was capable of busting his armor. Sure, the others you mentioned were able to make some chips and cracks on it, but it really took Hulk's ragefilled punch to shatter it...even Hulk's own prior punches really had little if any effect.

And it prob isn't the greatest attack by a herald level or lower...but it was definitely very impressive...the aftershock of that punch literally separated Bruce Banner from the Hulk....that's how powerful that punch was!

Soljer
I agree that Onslaught allowed/wanted Hulk to bust him...but really nobody else was capable of busting his armor. Sure, the others you mentioned were able to make some chips and cracks on it, but it really took Hulk's ragefilled punch to shatter it...even Hulk's own prior punches really had little if any effect.

And it prob isn't the greatest attack by a herald level or lower...but it was definitely very impressive...the aftershock of that punch literally separated Bruce Banner from the Hulk....that's how powerful that punch was!

Go ahead and calculate the amount of energy required to separate two consciousnesses.

Guess what? It's not a quantifiable feat. It's as admissible as Superman punching dimensional gateways closed. It's meaningless. The Surfer casually obliterating a planet and creating a singularity with an energy discharge shits all over separating a consciousness.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Juntai
lol@ f*cking shitting my ass. thumbup1

---

Also, Thor basically went through Onslaught by flying (keep in mind only the front side was broken a bit). smile

psycho gundam
she broke the third wall, LT can't do that

llagrok
Originally posted by psycho gundam
she broke the third wall, LT can't do that

They've all broken the third, it's the fourth one that's hard to break smile

Juntai
lol broke the third wall.

Soljer
laughing

Juntai
http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc270&image=998_batkick.jpg

Batman kicks open the third wall!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.