Roan Shryne vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
This is Roan Shryne from RoDV, beginning of the book (if it matters). Kenobi is from AotC.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/ec/Shryne.JPG

vs.

http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/2002/images/EpisodeII_ObiWan2.jpg

Fight takes place in Cloud City Carbon Freezing Chamber.

1. Saber fight
2. Force Fight
3. All-out

Council#13
Obi-Wan.

Light_Sith
Kenobi - no trouble (in deciding at least)

Shryne was barely in contact with the force at the start of the book (for whatever reason).

1) Saber fight - Kenobi. Shryne was supposed to be talented with the blade, but it was all he really had going for him so it had to be highlighted. Besides, we know about Kenobi's abilities with the blade.

2) Force - Kenobi is clearly stronger here.

3) All out - Couple Kenobi's advantages with his level head and all round resourcefulness and we have a clear winner.

Lt. Valerian
Shouldn't Roan Shryne be considered an unknown?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Council#13
Obi-Wan.
I thought you thought Roan to be pretty powerful? confused

Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Shouldn't Roan Shryne be considered an unknown?
Why's that?

Lt. Valerian
What do we know about him?

Janus Marius
Kenobi FTW.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Kenobi FTW.

Agreed, even though Roan Shryne was fairly badass as a character. Just not as a fighter.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
What do we know about him?
Pretty much everything. He was like the main character in a novel. Along with Vader and Olee Starstone.

Council#13
Originally posted by darthsith19
I thought you thought Roan to be pretty powerful? confused

I thought he was pretty powerful before the book. In the beginning of the book he was kinda crappy.

Captain REX
The Clone Wars had not been kind to Roan Shryne...

It is mentioned that Roan is very competent with a blade, and he is yet another Jedi considered for the Council but too rebellious, like Qui-Gon. That should say something, at least...

I would hand this to Kenobi, though...

Council#13
Originally posted by Captain REX
The Clone Wars had not been kind to Roan Shryne...

It is mentioned that Roan is very competent with a blade, and he is yet another Jedi considered for the Council but too rebellious, like Qui-Gon. That should say something, at least...

I would hand this to Kenobi, though...

The death of his padawan is what caused his decline. (a result of the Clone Wars)

Captain REX
Yes, that's what it was.

Council#13
Cool.

skywalker833
obi1 had already fought 2 sith lords, and defeated 1. Shryne hadnt had that experience. Happy Dance

darthsith19
Bad logic. He had fought 2 Sith Lords and had beaten one. AOTC Mace had never fought a Sith Lord. And he'd easily beat Kenobi.

skywalker833
Agreed, but we arent talking about mace, we are talking about shryne.

Faunus
And it's still crappy logic.

skywalker833
Hey, im just saying that Obi1 has had much more experience in lightsaber duels. This means that instead of being used to blocking blaster bolts like they were at the start of ep. 1, he has had some experience. It is probably bad logic, but it is true.

skywalker833
Obi-Wan was even pretty strong during episode 2. He put up a good fight against dooku and would have won against fett if he hadn't fallen. Also, the only person who ever penetrated kenobi's soresu defense was count dooku. I don't think Shryne will be able to penetrate it. Also, Obi wan showed us he has some skill in hand to hand combat when he was fighting Jango. If it comes to that, Obi 1 would win that too. Either way, Kenobi has this.

darthsith19
Originally posted by skywalker833
Obi-Wan was even pretty strong during episode 2. He put up a good fight against dooku and would have won against fett if he hadn't fallen. Also, the only person who ever penetrated kenobi's soresu defense was count dooku. I don't think Shryne will be able to penetrate it. Also, Obi wan showed us he has some skill in hand to hand combat when he was fighting Jango. If it comes to that, Obi 1 would win that too. Either way, Kenobi has this.
Yes, he was pretty strong, but Roan was pretty strong, too. He out up a good fight against Count Dooku? I think most people here would disagree with that. It was more of a 40 second slaughter in which Dooku mocked Kenobi and toyed with him. And, yeah he would have beaten Fett. But, Roan put up a good fight against a weaker version of Vader.

skywalker833
True, I think this could actually end up being a tie. Neither combatant has shown any remarkable feats yet. Shryne put up a good fight against vader, obi wan killed maul, would have beaten Fett. It is hard to tell since we never saw any of Shryne's feats on the big screen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.