Punisher vs. Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
The Punisher gets one lantern ring of every color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) and a hundred years of training to master them.

Hal Jordan Parallax.

Oh, I almost forgot. He also gets ten Punisher robots.

Phantom Zone
Ok but I wasnt comparing Punisher to multi universe destroying Parallax. I specifically gave the example of Hal recreating Star City and stated that the power that Parallax got was from the battery. Of course this may not have happened but you really need to pay attention and not misnterpret what I said.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Soljer
The Punisher gets one lantern ring of every color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) and a hundred years of training to master them.

Hal Jordan Parallax.

Oh, I almost forgot. He also gets ten Punisher robots. do we know the powers of all the rings yet?

Soljer
What are you talking about? I don't see what your post has to do with this thread.

Who wins? ROYGBIV Castle or Parallax Jordan?

Symmetric Chaos
Frank goes insane trying to use rings that require completely different ways of thinking to work.

Soljer
Originally posted by Master-Borg
do we know the powers of all the rings yet?

They are, essentially, lantern rings fueled by different emotions.

Each sect of lanterns has a particular 'thing' to them; the compassion lanterns healing, the rage lanterns throwing up energy, et cetera.

For the sake of the thread, assume that Castle is not bound by the 'societal' restrictions of each group of lanterns.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Frank goes insane trying to use rings that require completely different ways of thinking to work. yeah good point...being a master of hate makes it hard to master love and so forth

Punisher loses by default of going insane

Soljer
Frank goes insane trying to use rings that require completely different ways of thinking to work.

Frank's will is more powerful than anyone in the entire DCU. I think he'd be able to mange.

Symmetric Chaos
Frank's will is more powerful than anyone in the entire DCU. I think he'd be able to mange.

hmm

Frank makes a rainbow sparkle version of Hitler's Gun.

Phantom Zone
By the way how did Parallax get so powerful? no expression

Sado22
he stopped reading DC comics no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
By the way how did Parallax get so powerful? no expression

All the primal fear of the entire universe focused into a single consciousness.

Sado22
see what i mean no expression

Phantom Zone
All the primal fear of the entire universe focused into a single consciousness.

Hal didnt drain the batteries from Oa?

Juntai
Hal didnt drain the batteries from Oa? Yah, he did.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Juntai
Yah, he did.

Yeah thats what im saying he did. It was a question "Didnt he drain the battterries from Oa"

Juntai
Yeah thats what im saying he did. It was a question "Didnt he drain the battterries from Oa" And I answered the question. "Yeah, he did."

Raoul
ermm...

Soljer
Good debate so far, guys. Let's keep it up. smile.

jinzin
Good debate so far, guys. Let's keep it up. smile.

hysterical

who would win?

Punisher with the green lantern ring? Or Punisher amalgamated with Captain America and wearing the DKR bat suit?

Soljer
Originally posted by jinzin
hysterical

who would win?

Punisher with the green lantern ring? Or Punisher amalgamated with Captain America and wearing the DKR bat suit?

Considering that the Punisher'd be ineffective at using the ring as anything but a very gaudy piece of jewelry, I'd say Frank'd do a slight bit better with the DKR bat-suit.

Master-Borg
Considering that the Punisher'd be ineffective at using the ring as anything but a very gaudy piece of jewelry, I'd say Frank'd do a slight bit better with the DKR bat-suit. why'd he be ineffective? I picture Frank abusing the shit outta the ring, creating an entire armada of weapons even when facing a mere street burglar.

jinzin
Considering that the Punisher'd be ineffective at using the ring as anything but a very gaudy piece of jewelry, I'd say Frank'd do a slight bit better with the DKR bat-suit.
but ring bearing Punisher has had like a bajillion years to get to Parallax level man!

He's like JP level almost.

Soljer
why'd he be ineffective? I picture Frank abusing the shit outta the ring, creating an entire armada of weapons even when facing a mere street burglar.

Of course you do.

Because you're almost as big a fool as Alfheim.

Master-Borg
Of course you do.

Because you're almost as big a fool as Alfheim. no Im not.

Also, Im not saying Punisher could beat Parallax. But I don't see why he couldn't be as good or better a GL as a hothead like Guy Gardener.

Soljer
no Im not.

Also, Im not saying Punisher could beat Parallax. But I don't see why he couldn't be as good or better a GL as a hothead like Guy Gardener.

Of course you don't.

Because you're almost as big a fool as Alfheim.

Phantom Zone

Anyway I dont think Punisher can beat Parallax but im just gonna post this to show the hypocrisy of how Soljer implies that he could use the ring in 1 year to beat the Thing but all of a sudden is going to be ineffective after 100 years

Franks with GL ring vs Thing

Punisher has had a years prep in using the ring he fights the Thing in the black forest in Germany.

C'mon man, whats up?

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
messed

Ok could somebody explains whats wrong with my thread? confused

Originally posted by AQUA-MARINER
ibeileve this is one of those spite treads that ppl do on accident....

Ok he gets a years prep?????? I dont read DC, I thought those Glers were bad ass?

I have changed my prep, to a years in the first post.

Originally posted by Badabing
eek2 wacko eer blink What the f**k? shocking

Thing loses, BADLY!

You're interpreting people wrong.
I just felt like using that smiley in lieu of an actual response.

The GL ring can do anything that the user can imagine and will. One could argue that the Punisher may not have sufficient imagination or willpower, but frankly I don't think it would require that much to take out poor Benji.

I thought people were gonna say Franks loses badly. confused Well if it was a month who would win?

Well obvoulsy if you dont say anything, im going to misinterpret you.

Ok frank gets one years prep and faces.....Gladiator!!!!

Originally posted by Badabing
Frank has a strong will. He has to in order to endure physical pain. I'm not sure how much imagination Frank has but I believe he could think of a large, powerful weapon that could take out Ben within a month. This is purely speculation on my part since I don't have much of a reference.

Well ok one years prep vs gladiator then?

Originally posted by Tassadar
Thing loses. In a horrible curbstomping. Not sure about Gladiator.

Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Punisher could easily do whatver he want to thing

the thread is no longer Frank vs Thing. its Frank vs Gladiator. Frank gets one years prep with GL ring.

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Frank takes him. All Frank has to do is raise a SHIELD in time for Glads to hit him, then taunt Glads. Suddenly Glads, seeing he didn't even make a scratch, loses all his confidence.

Frank is a pro at targeting his enemies' weak points, and Gladiator has a huge weak point.

Frank takes both of these fights.

Note: Notice how xmarksthespot and Soljer agree that Frank can use the ring to beat Thing in 1 year but now all of a sudden want to argue that he cant use the ring effectively. Obvoulsy Soljer is going to say "Oh well I didnt say anything dont put words in my mouth", when its obvious that he like the rest of the others agree that Frank can use the ring in 1 year. Hell I should have posted another version of the thread and watch you guys argue about how he cant beat Thing.

Sado22
laughing

oh and as for imagination, frank has plenty or really, really twisted imagination. to name a few:
-roadrolling wolverine
-feeding c4 to bruce banner/hulk in a stew
-tossing off a guy off a highrise for sentimentality since he did it 2 years ago
-cutting open jigsaw's face on three occassions by throwing him through glass, by bashing his face agaisnt a sharp rock and (after waiting for him to get a facial surgery) cutting it up with a knife
-tying up DD with a gun in his hand that was pointed at Frank's skull and telling him that the only way he can stop frank from killing a mobster is by shooting him himself.
-throwing a guy in a prana tank
-hitting a bear in the face, run like hell and use it to eat away at ma gucci

list goes on....
see all sorts of imagination smile

~Sado

Soljer

Obvoulsy Soljer is going to say "Oh well I didnt say anything dont put words in my mouth"

smile.

Phantom Zone

Obvoulsy Soljer is going to say "Oh well I didnt say anything dont put words in my mouth", when its obvious that he like the rest of the others agree that Frank can use the ring in 1 year. Hell I should have posted another version of the thread and watch you guys argue about how he cant beat Thing.

Soljer
Alright, Alf.

Lemme explain, since you seem to always miss the point.

Originally, no one denied that Frank could become a mid-tier with a lantern ring. What people objected to was your moronic assertion that he'd be anywhere NEAR the likes of Hal or Kyle. What people objected to was your sheer idiocy in pitting him against the entirety of DC. So, as you put on a showcase of your ignorance, people reacted more and more extremely - likely just to poke, prod or egg you on.

Can Frank beat the thing with a lantern ring?

Sure.

Would he even be a blip on Hal Jordan's radar?

**** no.

He'd be less than insignificant to Parallax. He'd be nothing to DC Earth. Not even an annoyance.

Try to get that through your skull and stop being such a rabid fanboy, and maybe you wouldn't be met with so much derision.

Phantom Zone
Alright, Alf.

Originally, no one denied that Frank could become a mid-tier with a lantern ring. What people objected to was your moronic assertion that he'd be anywhere NEAR the likes of Hal or Kyle. What people objected to was your sheer idiocy in pitting him against the entirety of DC. So, as you put on a showcase of your ignorance, people reacted more and more extremely - likely just to poke, prod or egg you on.

Sure.

**** no.

Nonsense. there were two points.

1. Can he match Hal or Kyle. I admitted that it was unlikley for him to be as good as Kyle or Hal

2. Can he be decent GL. People were not just arguing that he would not be as good as Kyle or Hal people implied he would be crap.

So that means he going to be a decent GL does it?

Since, as mentioned, after a hundred years Frank wouldn't even be powerful enough to clean the Guardian's latrines, exactly how is he going to take on DC Earth?

Ok so hes not going to be good enough to clean their latrines and that means hes going to be a decent GL? So mid -tiers are so low that they cant clean the latrines? You were speaking on their behalf nobody contradicted you so im assuming that everybody agreed.

Furthermore if he can beat the Thing in 1 year obvoulsy he will be able to beat Herald level characters in 100 if thats not effective at using the ring I dont know what is.

Considering that the Punisher'd be ineffective at using the ring as anything but a very gaudy piece of jewelry,

That quote above also doesnt imply that hes going to be mid-tier that implies hes going to be useless.

He'd be less than insignificant to Parallax. He'd be nothing to DC Earth. Not even an annoyance.

Right so please show me where I said that Frank can beat Parallax, hell I dindt even say he could beat DC earth either.

Try to get that through your skull and stop being such a rabid fanboy, and maybe you wouldn't be met with so much derision.

Well:

1 I admitted it would be unlikely for him to be as good as Kyle so no fanboyism there. Maybe if you got that through your thick skull we wouldnt be having this conversation.
2. Saying that he wont be able to clean their latrines implies that hes going to be crap and not even middle tier.
3. I never said that he could beat Parallax maybe if you got that through your thick skull you wouldnt have made this thread.
4. The whole point of the thread was actually fun and was undecidded on wether he could beat DC earth. You lot decided to intepret as Frank pawns DC earth.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Raoul

give batman a yellow ring, and he'd pwn, frank would probably be decent with a yellow ring too, but a gl ring is a whole other ball-game...

This quote also doesnt imply that hes going to be decent because it says with a yellow ring he would be decent, so with a gL ring he would be crap.

xmarksthespot
Note: Notice how xmarksthespot and Soljer agree that Frank can use the ring to beat Thing in 1 year but now all of a sudden want to argue that he cant use the ring effectively. Obvoulsy Soljer is going to say "Oh well I didnt say anything dont put words in my mouth", when its obvious that he like the rest of the others agree that Frank can use the ring in 1 year. Hell I should have posted another version of the thread and watch you guys argue about how he cant beat Thing. I could beat Thing with a GL ring and a year to play with it. I don't see the point of underlining the part you did but here I can underline too, "One could argue that the Punisher may not have sufficient imagination or willpower"

Phantom Zone
I could beat Thing with a GL ring and a year to play with it.

The point was being made that he would not even be able to do that eg the latrine example. After 100 years hes obvoulsy going to be better you said that he "didnt have it". If being to beat herald level characters is not having it I dont know what is.

I don't see the point of underlining the part you did but here I can underline too, "One could argue that the Punisher may not have sufficient imagination or willpower"

Well since your main argument is that he could beat Thing im going to stick the main point of your post. Nevermind just pick the posts you like and pick the relevant secstions.

xmarksthespot
The point was being made that he would not even be able to do that eg the latrine example. After 100 years hes obvoulsy going to be better you said that he "didnt have it". If being to beat herald level characters is not having it I dont know what is. I don't remember saying anything about latrines.

He doesn't have it. He isn't a Kyle or a Hal or a Guy or a John or a Kilowog.

Your claim of him beating heralds is utterly baseless.

Nor do I. Neither am I. I'm a cynical bastard. But either of us would beat Thing.

llagrok
Frank's going to equal Guy?

My ass.

Phantom Zone
I don't remember saying anything about latrines.

You also said he would not be effective. Beating Thing evenhough not as good as Kyle or Hal is still effective. No doubt if I had asked you that now you would have probably argued that he couldnt.

He doesn't have it. He isn't a Kyle or a Hal or a Guy or a John or a Kilowog.

Im assuming that Guy or Kilowog are not as good as Hal or Kyle. What evidence do you have that he cant reach Johns level?

Your claim of him beating heralds is utterly baseless.

Well how the hell did you come to the conlusion that he good beat Thing.

Nor do I. Neither am I. I'm a cynical bastard. But either of us would beat Thing.

Well if you've decided that being able to use the ring after 1 year to beat Thing is not effective thats up to you. Hell Things only goes toe-to-toe with herald level characters. Obvoulsy that is having it and being effective

Soljer
You also said he would not be effective. Beating Thing evenhough not as good as Kyle or Hal is still effective. No doubt if I had asked you that now you would have probably argued that he couldnt.

Im assuming that Guy or Kilowog are not as good as Hal or Kyle. What evidence do you have that he cant reach Johns level?

Well how the hell did you come to the conlusion that he good beat Thing.

Well if you've decided that being able to use the ring after 1 year to beat Thing is not effective thats up to you. Hell Things only goes toe-to-toe with herald level characters. Obvoulsy that is having it and being effective

John created a solar system.

The Thing is a pissant compared to high-heralds.

X could take on the Thing without a lantern ring and come out on top 6/10.

xmarksthespot
Give me a GL ring. I make a giant hand and toss Thing into space. no expression

Does that mean in a hundred years I'd be able to time travel, create Oblivion and a faux GLC, create forcefields that withstand Big Bangs, recreate Oa, reignite suns, use telepathy to switch people's minds, or take the souls of a planet, fly at FTL speeds and race the Flash. Hell no.

You seem to be under the impression Frank Castle is the Omega mutant equivalent GL.

Soljer

Does that mean in a hundred years I'd be able to time travel, create Oblivion and a faux GLC, create forcefields that withstand Big Bangs, recreate Oa, reignite suns, use telepathy to switch people's minds, or take the souls of a planet, fly at FTL speeds and race the Flash. Hell no.

You seem to be under the impression Frank Castle is the Omega mutant equivalent GL.

If you could beat the Thing after a day of training with the ring, X...clearly you'd get that much better after TWO days.

After four, you'd be taking on the god damned Spectre.

Five, you'd have complete rule over the omniverse - DC, Marvel, Real World, or otherwise.

no expression.

Phantom Zone
John created a solar system.

Well you know what MM was able to easily control the Spectre but has had trouble with far weaker characters.

The Thing is a pissant compared to high-heralds.

Well for starters I said he would be able to beat herald level characters, theres mid and low herald.

Symmetric Chaos
Well for starters I said he would be able to beat herald level characters, theres mid and low herald.

Thing would get killed by most mid heralds. He would struggle with plenty of low heralds too.

Mindset
100 years to practice is a long time ermm

In 100 years I could make my own universe smile

Phantom Zone

Ok you can prove this right??????

you need to at least prove that you have willpower on par with the Punisher until you do that im not even going to reply to that.

God.......

If you could beat the Thing after a day of training with the ring, X...clearly you'd get that much better after TWO days.

Five, you'd have complete rule over the omniverse - DC, Marvel, Real World, or otherwise.

no expression.

You are asking me for proof that Frank can better after 100 years but im just supposed to accept that X can throw Thing in 1 day?

Tetragrammaton
laughing out loud

batdude123
Ok you can prove this right??????

What?

Soljer
Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
laughing out loud

Cosigned. smile.

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
What?

Don't question Alf.

The Punisher performed surgery on himself.

That means he has a greater willpower than Hal and Kyle combined.

batdude123
Don't question Alf.

The Punisher performed surgery on himself.

That means he has a greater willpower than Hal and Kyle combined.

Of course, of course.

But I have one question for you...

no expression.

What would he do with six? shock

Soljer
Of course, of course.

But I have one question for you...

What would he do with six? shock

It's X.

Clearly, he'd spend day number six masturbating from dawn till dusk.

no expression.

batdude123
I thought he rested on the seventh? sad

Never mind... he'll rest after his masterbation ceremony.

Creshosk
Frank fires one beam from each of the rings at the same time and then is suddenly canceled do to raging homophobia.

batdude123
Punisher wins.

Soljer
Punisher wins.

Nah.

The Punisher stomps.

batdude123
A stomping = a win where I come from. baka

Symmetric Chaos
A stomping = a win where I come from. baka

Which is?

batdude123
Which is?

America.

Symmetric Chaos
America.

Well there's your problem.

Soljer
America.

Go home yankee.

Tetragrammaton
http://i26.tinypic.com/aywnm0.jpg

batdude123
Val... uh... Tetragrammaton (f*ck that name) knows what I'm talking about.

Creshosk
Val... uh... Tetragrammaton (f*ck that name) knows what I'm talking about. laughing out loud His name means "four letters".

batdude123
Thanks. I took Etymology in high school as well!!

Still... hate the name.

Juntai
http://i26.tinypic.com/aywnm0.jpg
"Don't do it. He'll shoot us in the back."

"If I was going to shoot you I'd shoot you in the face."

Creshosk
Thanks. I took Etymology in high school as well!!

Still... hate the name. Yes, f*ck and hate are both four letters. 313

Tetragrammaton
http://i32.tinypic.com/2ic5p1j.gif

iceman24567
Named gl's are above people like the Thing but whats up with this thread? Seriously i was going to just laugh at the replies but this just makes me want to sit on my toilet and finish the paper i have been holding off on no expression.

Creshosk
Originally posted by iceman24567
Named gl's are above people like the Thing but whats up with this thread? Seriously i was going to just laugh at the replies but this just makes me want to sit on my toilet and finish the paper i have been holding off on no expression. I don't think fiber works that quickly.

jinzin
Alright, Alf.

Sure.

**** no.

ouch, even MY ass felt the sting of that pwnage! no expression

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by iceman24567
Named gl's are above people like the Thing but whats up with this thread? Seriously i was going to just laugh at the replies but this just makes me want to sit on my toilet and finish the paper i have been holding off on no expression.

Well I dont think that Punisher beats Parallax either, so why was this thread created. Furthermore the point I was making is that they were implying that he couldnt even do that with a ring, but I have them in another thread saying otherwise.

ouch, even MY ass felt the sting of that pwnage! no expression

Did you actually see the quotes by Soljer indicating that he wouldnt be mid-tier but apparently thats not was implied.

Since, as mentioned, after a hundred years Frank wouldn't even be powerful enough to clean the Guardian's latrines, exactly how is he going to take on DC Earth?

Soljer
laughing

Sorry Jinzin....hope you're feeling better, stick out tongue.

jinzin
Well I dont think that Punisher beats Parallax either, so why was this thread created. Furthermore the point I was making is that they were implying that he couldnt even do that with a ring, but I have them in another thread saying otherwise.

Did you actually see the quotes by Soljer indicating that he wouldnt be mid-tier but apparently thats not was implied.

exaggeration for the purpose of point driving, clearly, you missed that point.. AGAIN....

All I see is you running around misinterpreting what people are saying and jumping to conclusions, not that that's anything different for you.

Again, how does being able to beat Thing with a GL ring qualify as being anywhere near the likes of Hal?
That's a rhetorical question BTW....

Phantom Zone
exaggeration for the purpose of point driving, clearly, you missed that point.. AGAIN....

What so I dont find his sense of humour funny. Besides hes always being sarcastic and **** so sometimes you dont even know when hes serious.

All I see is you running around misinterpreting what people are saying and jumping to conclusions, not that that's anything different for you.

Yeah well you said that I think that Frank kills the DCU after I explicitly said I didnt.
I never said that Frank can beat Parallax so I dont know what the point of this thread
I never said that because he can beat Thing he can beat DCU, so I dont know what the point of Thing vs DC thread.
I never said that Hulks speed is PIS which you think I said
I never said that Wolverine wasnt top tier which you think I said
I never said that accuracy was equal to speed which you think I said

Wanna talk about misintepreting there are some examples. Just because I dont get his humour im getting grief.

Again, how does being able to beat Thing with a GL ring qualify as being anywhere near the likes of Hal?
That's a rhetorical question BTW....

Never said it was.

Phantom Zone
Furthermore the reasons given for Frank not catching up were basically the death of his family no evidence was given that he could get over the death of his family but "nuh-uh"

jinzin
What so I dont find his sense of humour funny. Besides hes always being sarcastic and **** so sometimes you dont even know when hes serious.

No cares whether or not you find him funny, you're missing the point.. again....

admit it you're only playing ignorant like Soljer said right? RIGHT?

Yeah well you said that I think that Frank kills the DCU after I explicitly said I didnt.
Yet argued for him anyways?

I never said that Frank can beat Parallax so I dont know what the point of this thread
you flat out stated he could become his equivolent.

I never said that because he can beat Thing he can beat DCU, so I dont know what the point of Thing vs DC thread.

implication....

I never said that Hulks speed is PIS which you think I said

ORLY
Hulks speed feats are bad writing. People like Cap and Spiderman have been able to dodge him on numerous occassions.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=425959&pagenumber=3

Wanna talk about misintepreting there are some examples. Just because I dont get his humour im getting grief.

No, you're getting grief because for the pas week you've been acting 2 times more foolishly than usual saying outlandishly ridiculous things.. Having an opinion is one thing, but when you're being straight up ignorant to facts hat are clearly in front of your face.. well..

Never said it was. then what's the point of bringing it up?

Soljer
No one here need prove that Frank'd be ineffective with a lantern ring.

To ask us to is to commit the logical fallacy of 'negative proof.'

Rather, the burden of proof remains on the shoulders of those claiming that Frank would be on the level of Hal, Kyle, Guy, or John (laughing, Jesus ****, I can barely even type it with a straight face.).

And, thus far, you've proven absolutely dick.

Phantom Zone
No cares whether or not you find him funny, you're missing the point.. again....

admit it you're only playing ignorant like Soljer said right? RIGHT?

Looks like you missed the point.

Yet argued for him anyways?

Ok check this out ...I explicitly said that he said he couldnt beat the DCU, you then said that I did ie you misintepreted what I said, regardless.

you flat out stated he could become his equivolent.

Ok show me where I said that...this should be good.

implication....

Oh I implied it. Thing cant even beat Superman and Flash and you intepreted him beating Thing as he can beat DCU, but when Soljer says that he cant clean the latrines or Frank could only use the ring as jewellery I cant take that literially? thumb up

ORLY

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=425959&pagenumber=3

Thats from October 2006. Ever heard of the concept that people can change their opinion????

No, you're getting grief because for the pas week you've been acting 2 times more foolishly than usual saying outlandishly ridiculous things.. Having an opinion is one thing, but when you're being straight up ignorant to facts hat are clearly in front of your face.. well..

Rubbish.

then what's the point of bringing it up?

Already explained in another thread.

jinzin
woops.

Phantom Zone

Rather, the burden of proof remains on the shoulders of those claiming that Frank would be on the level of Hal, Kyle, Guy, or John (laughing, Jesus ****, I can barely even type it with a straight face.).

Bro already stated that he would not be on the level of Kyle or Hal, I think he could be one of the best (second tier), but I will settle for at least mid-tier. Already gave my reasons not going over it again.

Phantom Zone
woops.

Sorry that doesnt prove dick all that proves in that partcular instance that I was pissed off. I have more example of me arguing for Wolverine being top tier than against. I'll just have to find them.

Oh yeah were did I say he was equal to Parralax?

Soljer
Bro already stated that he would not be on the level of Kyle or Hal, I think he could be one of the best (second tier), but I will settle for at least mid-tier. Already gave my reasons not going over it again.

Okie doke, then;

Rather, the burden of proof remains on the shoulders of those claiming that Frank would be on one of the best(second tier) (laughing, Jesus ****, I can barely even type it with a straight face.).

Better?

jinzin
Looks like you missed the point.

No alf, I was the one MAKING the point... doh

Ok check this out ...I explicitly said that he said he couldnt beat the DCU, you then said that I did ie you misintepreted what I said, regardless..

As X said, you started out by arguing entirely in his favor and then toning down your arguments gradually as it was made painfully clear/obvious to you how ridiculous of an argument that it was.

Ok show me where I said that...this should be good.
yawn

After 100 years he would be better because:

1. Not the most powerful hero but one of the greatest willpowers in the MU. Im sure there are other aspects that make you a great GL but willpower is the most important aspect. Could Hal do the tings that Frank does without the ring?
2. Even if cyncism affect the power of GL rings he believes its possible to get his family back and this will be a powerul motivating factor.
3. He has lots and lots of time

Oh I implied it. Thing cant even beat Superman and Flash and you intepreted him beating Thing as he can beat DCU, but when Soljer says that he cant clean the latrines or Frank could only use the ring as jewellery I cant take that literially? thumb up
Yes you did, you used and are still using Thing as a point of reference for why you think he's a threat to the DCU....

Thats from October 2006. Ever heard of the concept that people can change their opinion????

Oh i'd say that's pretty damned obvious:

hulk vs. flash

Im not saying that Hulk wins im saying Hulk can get some hit in. IMO opinion Sentry has shown lightspeed flight and since he stated he was not holding back I think he wuld have flown at him at full speed.

but Prof Hulk has had trouble hitting Spiderman and he was amped.

Rubbish. yet you have hald a dozen joke threads in your honor and more than half the people here think you're a joke by now..

Soljer
more than half the people here think you're a joke by now..

You act like it's a new development....

Alf's been a joke long since.

Phantom Zone
No alf, I was the one MAKING the point... doh

No you werent.

As X said, you started out by arguing entirely in his favor and then toning down your arguments gradually as it was made painfully clear/obvious to you how ridiculous of an argument that it was.

1. Irrelevant. I said that he cant beat the DCU you said I did.
2. I said Cap can beat Luke Cage, so he started a Superman vs Cap thread, why do I care what he thinks?
3. Hell I dindt even say that Frank can beat the DCU in the thread I created it was supposed to be a fun thread were I could find out the capabilities of the DCU, everybody else took it serioulsy. Just because I make a thread doesnt mean that I think the character wins eg Luke Cage vs Abomination.

I cant find the quote with him saying that Parrlax will become his equivalent so i'll just yawn instead

Yes you did, you used and are still using Thing as a point of reference for why you think he's a threat to the DCU....

Er no ive stated time and time again thats not the reason, but despite that you keep saying I am. You never misntepret what I say its me lying.

Oh i'd say that's pretty damned obvious:

hulk vs. flash

Which I wasnt even arguing that he wins the majority just that he could hit him.

Phantom Zone
Oh yeah where the statement saying that speed is equal to accuracy jin?

Badabing
You act like it's a new development....

Alf's been a joke long since. Let's be nice please.

jinzin
lost around page 40 of the cap vs. wolverine thread.. I'm not gonna be bothered to go look it up only to see you ignore, backtrack, or otherwise make up excuses like you've been doing everyother time I've had to beat you with your own words.

Tetragrammaton
http://i26.tinypic.com/2yoxxrc.gif

Phantom Zone
lost around page 40 of the cap vs. wolverine thread.. I'm not gonna be bothered to go look it up only to see you ignore, backtrack, or otherwise make up excuses like you've been doing everyother time I've had to beat you with your own words.

Er no you didnt beat me to my words thats just you kidding yourself, you still havent given me an explanation for the examples ive talked about and even if you get that, thats only one example. So far all you have is one example of me changing my mind. Heres some more examples of you misintepreting me:

1. Originally posted by jinzin

If you can't figure that out on your own then... well.. ok I guess I AM talking to the guy who thought that accurate aim was equivolent to speed. It's no wonder you have no grasp of the concepts at hand.

Originally posted by Alfheim

Which is not what I said. I said you need fast reflexes to hit Captain America....pay attention.

From the thread hes talking about

O god here we go again! Cap is a moving target, you need fast reflexes to hit a target with fast reflexes. What so you dont need fast reflexes to punch a fast opponent either?

Did you just imply that when it comes to sheer speed that wonderman is more dangerous than spiderman?... no expression

No I didnt pay attention for the second time.

I go and get the quote he overlooked

Further more WM would be more lethal in H2H than Spiderman because his MA is better.

God you're such a hypocrite.. You don't need to probve Cage's skills because it's his history?

Yet roughouse who is described as a very skilled fighter in his bio needs to be proven a skilled fighter?

I then proceed to post recieve a post which he overlooked.....AGAIN.

No I think their is a misunderstanding. I should have specified what im concerned with is that you said Roughouse is MORE SKILLED.

I then proceeded to explain even further.

Abilities:
Roughouse is a skilled hand-to-hand combatant, adept at STREET FIGHTING and BRAWLING.

Abilities:
Cage is a self-taught hand-to-hand combatant with years of street fighting experience

Please explain how Roughouse's bio makes him a BETTER FIGHTER than Cage. My point is that how is Rogughouse a better fighter, both their bios state that they are both skilled street fighters there is nothing to indicate that Roughouse is better.

My other point is that if anything it would seem that Cage has more experince because he has foguht along side alot of superheroes while Roughouse doesnt seem to have done this, sure has experience but I dont think he has the experience Cage has and that should give Cage the edge.

I dont know here this hypocrite thing is coming from.

Hence continued not calling me a hypocrite but note the flipping out and losing his temper and theres more....

jinzin
lol, flipping out and losing my temper.. laughing out loud

You know exactly what that discussion was about, 2 pages of Creshosk making you look like a complete bafoon, and you backtracking as usual, I thought that you might want to avoid the humility this time.

And all those posts are about as relevant as Thing in the other thread.

Mindset
http://i26.tinypic.com/2yoxxrc.gif

loooooool

tjcoady
We don't really have a clue what Frank would be capable of in a hundred years. Maybe after a hundred years he could beat Kyle, Hal, John, and Guy without breaking a sweat. I mean, Ollie Queen was able to slow down Sinestro after wearing an Oan ring for seconds . I'm sure that Frank could replicate the 'shooting an arrow' feat within a day, at least.

And then, on the other, maybe he wouldn't be able to figure out how to work the ring at all.

Basically, we don't have a clue either way. Frank usually shows pretty damn high amounts of will power and imagination, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd be able to use the ring super-well- again with the Ollie example, it was explained that Ollie's will power was too 'tainted with cynicism." So maybe Franks anger would overpower his will.

I know I'd be terrified of Frank with a red ring, though. Dude hates a lot.

My point is, though, that this is kind of an argument that doesn't really make all that much sense.

King_Mungi
really? 5 pages? erm

batdude123
Poor Parallax.

Soljer
Poor Parallax.

sad.

The bug gets squashed, hm?

batdude123
.45 caliber right to the dome piece.

xmarksthespot
I don't recall making a Superman vs Captain America thread. I may have, but I don't recall it.

Thats from October 2006. Pray tell, how old are the quotes of mine and Soljer's that you decided to pull up from the dredges?

Were there (Hypo)Crises on Infinite KMCs that makes it impossible for opinions to change after October 2006?

Not that my opinion's particularly changed, I still think beating the Thing wouldn't require particularly large amounts of willpower, imagination or compatibility with a GL ring - it's just funny trying to use the age of post to justify a differing opinion while at the same time trying to imply a differing opinion based on old posts.
http://i26.tinypic.com/2yoxxrc.gif Awesome.

Phantom Zone
I don't recall making a Superman vs Captain America thread. I may have, but I don't recall it.

Yeah you did but the one im refering to is Thor vs Captain America H2H. I said Mantis can KO Thor, therefore that means I think Cap can beat Thor H2H, its just another case of you taking what I say out of context. erm

Pray tell, how old are the quotes of mine and Soljer's that you decided to pull up from the dredges?

Were there (Hypo)Crises on Infinite KMCs that makes it impossible for opinions to change after October 2006?

Ive actually got a reason for why I changed my mind the discussion happened in the Superman vs Hulk thread. I guess if I dont tell you that I think that Superman wins you will throw up a Hulk vs Parallax thread.

Not that my opinion's particularly changed, I still think beating the Thing wouldn't require particularly large amounts of willpower, imagination or compatibility with a GL ring - it's just funny trying to use the age of post to justify a differing opinion while at the same time trying to imply a differing opinion based on old posts.
Awesome.

Theres a difference between changing your mind and twisting your arguments. Just look at this "we dont have to prove that Frank can beat Thing in 1 year argument for starters". I could be wrong but I would not be suprised if I put that same thread on this forum now you would argue that he cant do it because I posted it.

Phantom Zone
lol, flipping out and losing my temper.. laughing out loud

You know exactly what that discussion was about, 2 pages of Creshosk making you look like a complete bafoon, and you backtracking as usual, I thought that you might want to avoid the humility this time.

How was he making me look stupid I said you need fast reflexes to hit a target with fast reflexes?

l

If I cant counter your points i'll just say they're irrelevant or you're backtracking

thumb up Ok. Anyway all you got is one example of me arguing against Wolverin ebing top tier. I cnat find the other quotes and quite frankly cant be bothered but i'll give you that bone, while I got ****load of examples of you misinterpreting my ****

xmarksthespot
I could be wrong but I would not be suprised if I put that same thread on this forum now you would argue that he cant do it because I posted it. You thoroughly overestimate my opinion of Thing.

Soljer
You thoroughly overestimate my opinion of Thing.

Thing vs. Superman with stipulations.

Ahhh....the good old days. smile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.