1 in 4 Teen Girls has AT LEAST one STD...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408

Shakyamunison
Note to self: Stay away from one out of 4 teen girls.

inimalist

Bardock42
What is your answer then, ss?

DigiMark007
Statistics can be used to lie very easily, and nothing sells like a good scare story. I'd like to see what they're basing it on when they say 1/2 of black teens have an STD. It seems far too high for my credulity to absorb.

chillmeistergen
Yes, I'd say the answer is more condoms and sex education. Abstinence teaches a solution that is entirely up to personal preference, I think you should teach people about what happens if they do want to have sex.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Bardock42
What is your answer then, ss?

0 in 4 virgins have STD's. big grin

Come now, did you expect any other answer?

chillmeistergen
What about when they lose their virginity? They have to lose it someone.

Bardock42
Originally posted by sithsaber408

Come now, did you expect any other answer? One that makes more sense. How will you get teenagers to stay virgins?

Kelly_Bean
Hm.."Not I, said the cat!" I'm not that stupid.

chillmeistergen
One that makes more sense. How will you get teenagers to stay virgins?

I assume he means indoctrinating them into abstinence. AKA - completely abusing and limiting their personal freedom.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Statistics can be used to lie very easily, and nothing sells like a good scare story. I'd like to see what they're basing it on when they say 1/2 of black teens have an STD. It seems far too high for my credulity to absorb.
You don't know the blacks, then.

BackFire
SS, it's been long proven that it is simply not practical to expect teens to refrain from having sex. The urge is there, and most are not strong enough to resist it, and even more have been sheltered from sex and so they don't even know what it is.

Yes, education IS the only reasonable solution. Sadly, sexual education is disolving here in America, where more and more idiot parents oppose it so they can 'teach' their kids to simply not have sex. Then those kids shockingly (only to their parents) go and have sex anyways and get a disease because they weren't taught about precautions and the possible dangers.

Shakyamunison

We should do what they did in the past: Make kids that have sex get married. Problem salved.

inimalist
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I assume he means indoctrinating them into abstinence. AKA - completely abusing and limiting their personal freedom.

re: kids have more sex under riskier circumstances

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by inimalist
re: kids have more sex under riskier circumstances

I wouldn't say more, but yeah, I agree with the rest.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
You don't know the blacks, then.

I teach. I'm aware of a larger sample of this demographic than most.

And I also realize how horny teens can be. But 50% is still just ridiculous to me. And if you blindly believe studies without access to their methods, your are being misled a healthy percentage of the time (pun intended).

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I have to agree with Backfire. As much as I oppose the ideas pushed upon kids by a lot of sex education programs, parents can't do the same job that teachers can. Kids need to be taught about spermicide, diaphragms, female condoms, etc. because no one else is going to teach them.

And it's ridiculous that guys need to be taught how to wear condoms, but they indeed do because men are absolutely retarded. When you've got people like Urizen hanging around the men's bathroom, you don't have much of a choice.

Abstinence should absolutely be emphasized as the only way to prevent STDs, but it shouldn't be the only thing taught because kids are stupid, impulsive, and weak-willed. They've also been indoctrinated into the idea that sex at the age when they feel ready is alright because it's their choice. Much in the same way that smoking is.
I teach. I'm aware of a larger sample of this demographic than most.

And I also realize how horny teens can be. But 50% is still just ridiculous to me. And if you blindly believe studies without access to their methods, your are being misled a healthy percentage of the time (pun intended).
It was a joke.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
We should do what they did in the past: Make kids that have sex get married. Problem salved. Except for the increase in divorces. I guess something like 1000% probably. Oh..and that it won't solve anything.

chillmeistergen
They've also been indoctrinated into the idea that sex at the age when they feel ready is alright because it's their choice. Much in the same way that smoking is.

Well, it is. It's completely and utterly their choice.

Adam_PoE

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The problem is that teenagers are not receiving comprehensive sexual education; for over 11 years, 86% of public schools have been teaching abstinence-only sexual education:

The irony is that it is abstinence-only sexual education and the refusal of religious parents to vaccinate their daughters against HPV that is responsible for this statistic.

But Jesus will protect all Christian teen girls. wink

Syren
We should do what they did in the past: Make kids that have sex get married. Problem salved.

Because that'll ensure they're 100% faithful to their partners? Right, what planet are you from?

Unfortunately a person can be fully educated and still fall victim to a disease, if the other half of the relationship isn't as faithful as they claim to be.

chithappens

Being a 20 year old black male who is in the crackbaby generations and has lived in four major cities in my life, I can say this is likely not far off, seriously.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Syren
Because that'll ensure they're 100% faithful to their partners? Right, what planet are you from?

Unfortunately a person can be fully educated and still fall victim to a disease, if the other half of the relationship isn't as faithful as they claim to be.

Well, we will just have to outlaw divorce and burn people at the stake who have affairs. Just like they did in the olden days, Problem salved. wink

chithappens

I know some dick sucking virgins. It's not 0 %

Syren
Well, we will just have to outlaw divorce and burn people at the stake who have affairs. Just like they did in the olden days, Problem salved. wink

laughing out loud

Good luck with that.

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud

Good luck with that.

How long did I have you going? laughing

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by chithappens
Being a 20 year old black male who is in the crackbaby generations and has lived in four major cities in my life, I can say this is likely not far off, seriously.

How many diseases have you got?

Naz
I don't have any STDs happy

Syren
How long did I have you going? laughing

Up until about a minute ago, I just twigged embarrasment

Quiero Mota
That's funny.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's funny.

...doesn't surprise me.

erm

Quiero Mota
Likewise.

BruceSkywalker

WrathfulDwarf
I'm surprise this hasn't been sway into a racial issue......

Blax_Hydralisk
Damn nappy headed hoes.

This is obviously the white mans fault.

SpearofDestiny
Damn, then gay guys must have far more STD's on average....

King Kandy
Just want to point out that the statistic involved is actually that one in four BLACK girls has at least one STD.

McLovin
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
Damn, then gay guys must have far more STD's on average....

How's the herpes?

Zeal Ex Nihilo

Fail for not getting the joke.

Devil King
Note to self: Stay away from one out of 4 teen girls.

That was actually really funny.

Devil King
Originally posted by inimalist
Abstinence only education, however, is statistically proven to increase risky sexual behaviour

Absolutely. There is no more exceptional evidence of the stupidity of biblical thought process than the FAILURE! of abstinence education.

Bush supporters, de facto right wingers, have constantly pointed out the billions of dollars Bush has invested in the AIDS epidemic in Africa, but what they consistantly fail to understand is that so much of the money has gone to abstinence education! And it has proven to be a rabbit hole that leads to fairytaleland.

Much like the reent pew findings on religion, the lesson should be learned that standing on a soap box and wagging your finger at someone, adult or child, doesn't ****ing work. Showing kids pictures of tar-covered, cancer ridden lungs doesn't stop them from smoking.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Devil King
Absolutely. There is no more exceptional evidence of the stupidity of biblical thought process
It's evidence that people are so weak-willed that they can't even control their basest desires.

Devil King
It's evidence that people are so weak-willed that they can't even control their basest desires.

Only animals are base, not human beings that are created in the image of god.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Likewise.

So...you're not surprised that I'm disappointed that you find STD contagion humorous? Because that's kinda where the conversation led.

dadudemon

LOL....

I see whacha did there...shifty

SpearofDestiny

Virgin's don't know the difference. Once you actually start having sex, then it's hard to wait for the next round.

Hopefully one day in the far far future you will find that out. That is...if anyone gives u the time of day

Devil King
Virgin's don't know the difference. Once you actually start having sex, then it's hard to wait for the next round.

that's bullshit. Even people who haven't had sex want it. That's why abstinence education doesn't work.

Robtard
There you have it: Almost half of teens who have sex get an STD of some sort.

What is the answer then? More sex education and condoms?

They've been doing that since I was 10, and I'm 25 now. Perhaps 15 more years of "education" will make sex for teens safe?

Seriously dude, when are you going to put down the bible down for just a second and use that brain?

As pointed out, "more education" is better, it's better to teach kids which forms of sex are safer, which are riskier and by all means make every single one of them know how to properly use a condom, then just say "don't have sex, okay". It's a fact that very few teens stick to abstinence pledges, human nature counters the "keep your junk in your pants" training.

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
Seriously dude, when are you going to put down the bible down for just a second and use that brain?

As pointed out, "more education" is better, it's better to teach kids which forms of sex are safer, which are riskier and by all means make every single one of them know how to properly use a condom, then just say "don't have sex, okay". It's a fact that very few teens stick to abstinence pledges, human nature counters the "keep your junk in your pants" training.

No, they stick to non-vaginal intercourse, because they're sucking more dick and taking it up the ass instead. That education really worked out, didn't it?

Robtard
No, they stick to non-vaginal intercourse, because they're sucking more dick and taking it up the ass instead. That education really worked out, didn't it?

Damn, I wish I was a teen again...

Devil King

why? My god, I wouldn't want to go back to the age where you had to actually talk someone into taking it up the ass for the first time. Sheeeew. It always made me feel like a bit-player in American Grafitti.

Robtard
That was funny.

DK - "Come on, it's the new black, everyone is doing it."

Zeal Ex Nihilo
That's true.

Hopefully one day in the far far future you will find that out. That is...if anyone gives u the time of day
Well, I figured that the Cap'n was going to use that "rebuttal," but the tool did it instead.

Devil King
Well, I figured that the Cap'n was going to use that "rebuttal," but the tool did it instead.

you don't have much faith in me, do you?

=Tired Hiker=

So you can get your dick sucked and take it up the ass?

dadudemon
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
So you can get your dick sucked and take it up the ass?

When you are an adult...that kind of shit costs money...just ask the Governer of New York. (or former Governer.)

Zeal Ex Nihilo
you don't have much faith in me, do you?
You're less predictable than Urizen?

Devil King
not less predictable, just less desperate.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Damn, you a biiiitch.

Devil King
Damn, you a biiiitch.

I just want you to let me look at you while we make love

chithappens
that's bullshit. Even people who haven't had sex want it. That's why abstinence education doesn't work.

So you are suggesting what to alleviate the issue?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by chithappens
So you are suggesting what to alleviate the issue?

It's clear from his opinion and all the others in the thread: More sex education, More use of condoms and other protection.

That, apparently, is what will solve all of this.

But I can remember as 13 year old sitting down for a week straight in school and seeing all the videos, how sex works, different prevention methods, nasty pics of std infected penises and vaginas,...I'm tellin' you, it was pretty graphic, pretty easy to understand.

If you have sex, have safe sex, or else (Blank) might happen. (pregnancy, std's, etc...)

I got it, and knew exactly what they were saying. That was 12 years ago.

My assertation is this: Kids are being educated about it perfectly well.

They just don't listen. Pregnancy, STD's, hilarity ensues.

The "sex education" isn't making anybody smarter about sex.

That's why waiting until marriage was, is, and always will be the best choice.

Blax_Hydralisk

As a kid in High School, I can confirm this.

Most teenagers know what an STD is, and know how you get them, they just don't care. Know one ever thinks it'll happen to them. They'll pull out, they'll use protection.. maybe, etc. It's like smoking. Everyone knows smoking is bad for you, that it'll kill you. Some people just don't care. They're willing to take the risk.

I think that society is going about this the wrong way. No matter what anyone does, it is completely impossible to prevent people from catching STD's. We should be focusing our efforts more on what do we do after they get it, because people will get it. We should be looking for cures, not prevention methods.

SpearofDestiny

I agree. But virgins don't go "longing" for sex the way someone who already has had it would.

Virgins are curious, and thier first time is usually more fun than any other time they'll have sex. However, virgins go years without sex (during adolescence), and even though they crave it, they don't really know the difference yet.

Once you do have sex, it's reallly hard going longer than a month without it. Come on man...you're gay, you should know this.

And I also agree that Abstinence education doesn't work. I know. There's no argument there.

SpearofDestiny

Gay and Lesbian people so far, can't marry who they wan't yet. So it's not the best choice for them. Why leave them out ?

lord xyz

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Gay and Lesbian people so far, can't marry who they wan't yet. So it's not the best choice for them. Why leave them out ?
Sithsaber sez, "Go to conversion therapy, f@ggot."

sithsaber408
No he doesn't. blink

Zeal Ex Nihilo
STFU, I'm slandering your character.

inimalist

ok

here is the thing

teaching abstinence only causes more pre-marital sex

so, if your goal is to really increase the number of people who wait until marriage to have sex, you would be in favor of the type of education that exists now.

You need to decide whether it is more important to you to have a society where less people are having risky premarital sex or if it is more important to have a strong moral stance against teaching kids about sex. These, unfortunately, seem to be mutually exclusive. Though, if you have any REAL research, rather than your own conjecture, I'd be happy to take it into consideration.

backdoorman
Not saying you are wrong but do you have evidence for that?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
No. Teaching abstinence doesn't cause more premarital sex. Teaching abstinence-only sex education accounts for (it does not cause) more teenage pregnancies (aside from teenagers having sex, mind you).

Robtard
It's clear from his opinion and all the others in the thread: More sex education, More use of condoms and other protection.

But I can remember as 13 year old sitting down for a week straight in school and seeing all the videos, how sex works, different prevention methods, nasty pics of std infected penises and vaginas,...I'm tellin' you, it was pretty graphic, pretty easy to understand.

If you have sex, have safe sex, or else (Blank) might happen. (pregnancy, std's, etc...)

Guess what, kids are listening and waiting until marriage, so there goes your "best choice". Sex Education is shitty at best, it needs to be revamped and taught at an adult level to kids (along side with abstinence). I.E. "Abstinence is safest, but if you're going to have sex, here's what you NEED TO KNOW."

Many teens aren't aware that STDs can be transmitted orally, they're all but ignorant. Condoms should be made available to teens and for free. They're going to **** no matter what you teach them, abstinence or not; that is a fact. The best solution is to have them throughly informed about sex on an adult level and to have the items that make sex safer easily available.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Giving out condoms because they're going to have sex anyway is like giving people tasers because they're going to shoot each other anyway. At least they won't be bleeding to death on the sidewalks, eh?

Robtard
Giving out condoms because they're going to have sex anyway is like giving people tasers because they're going to shoot each other anyway. At least they won't be bleeding to death on the sidewalks, eh?

Fail.

Edit: Stop acting like JacopeX

inimalist
indeed

allow me to make a more specific statement of correlation:

Abstinence only education is related to higher levels of pregnancy and risky sexual when compared with proper sexual education (numbers associated with no education would be interesting).

Cause was not the proper word (heaven forbid someone on a msg board use language in a way that would not be acceptable to the editorial board of science) as any type of education is likely not the "cause" of pre-marital sex. Certainly, abstinence only education exacerbates the issues raised by sithsaber when compared to proper education.

ooooooooh, next can we discuss the sampling practices and possible confounds associated with authoritarian parenting style?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Fail.

Edit: Stop acting like JacopeX
I didn't realize that apt analogies were considered to be "fail."

Schecter

a tazer is a weapon which can be used in harming someone.

a condom is a piece of latex you put over your penis which can harm nobody (unless a child with a tiny head manages to suffocate in it)

it was a fallacious analogy

Melcórë
Sorry to put a damper on this thread, but you should never trust statistics. There is no fathomable way that they are universally-correct due to the fact that the results were more than likely voluntarily-given. The only way one could purport statistics to be verifiable fact - and even that is somewhat dubious - would be if it consisted of a census.

The fact of the matter is that people are having as much sex as they ever had, with STIs and pregnancies about as common as they have been for as long as humankind has existed. Teaching abstinence-only is flawed (IMO) due to the restriction placed on the act. Teaching safe-sex is flawed (IMO) because everybody knows about the risks, they're just stupid and don't take the proper precautions.

LOL, I don't know. But considering I'm part of that statistic, I have some issues with it. Everbody I know who is having sex at my age (with the exception of one person) practices safe-sex, and there are quite a few who refuse to. Maybe it's just the people I hang around with, or the fact that we're fairly suburban, I don't know.

Robtard
I didn't realize that apt analogies were considered to be "fail."

It was a shit analogy, shit analogies = Fail

Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The problem is that teenagers are not receiving comprehensive sexual education; for over 11 years, 86% of public schools have been teaching abstinence-only sexual education:

The irony is that it is abstinence-only sexual education and the refusal of religious parents to vaccinate their daughters against HPV that is responsible for this statistic.

botankus
I had to wear one of those overwhelming dental dams the other day during my root canal. Turns out, that's also a recommended way to avoid STD during oral sex. So all you kids out there, start raiding your local dentistry.

Robtard
Damn, you've aged. Time to cut back on the heavy drinking, it's starting to show.

botankus
Yeah, and I could have done a better job trimming the nose hairs.

inimalist

chithappens

Robtard
People tend to be truthful about themselves when it's anonymous.

chithappens
Same thing I thought

Bardock42
People tend to be truthful about themselves when it's anonymous. Except for dadudemon.

Robtard
Except for dadudemon.

Good point, but I wouldn't let the rare exception be the rule.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
It was a shit analogy, shit analogies = Fail
Thanks for supporting your rebuttal so well. Let's cyber now?

Robtard
Thanks for supporting your rebuttal so well. Let's cyber now?

Schecter pretty much explained it before I did:

Originally posted by Schecter
a tazer is a weapon which can be used in harming someone.

a condom is a piece of latex you put over your penis which can harm nobody (unless a child with a tiny head manages to suffocate in it)

it was a fallacious analogy

It was a faulty analogy, don't take it personal. It doesn't reflex on you as a person.

But to your point, yes, teens ARE going to have sex, as fact. So providing them condoms would be the smart(er) move. Do you really think if condoms became an 20 or older item to purchase item, teens will just not have sex? (Please don't say something along the lines of "are you going to give them cigarettes and alcohol then?"wink

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Yeah, I suppose it was a bad analogy. I blame three hours of sleep.

Robtard
Masturbation is the cat's pajamas, but don't let it interfere with your sleep that much.

MightyEInherjar

Then the divorce rate would skyrocket even higher than it already is...

dadudemon
Except for dadudemon.

Is someone jealous of my average sized penis? wink

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by dadudemon
Is someone jealous of my average sized penis? wink

laughing

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Is someone jealous of my average sized penis? wink You read me like a book, man.

ragesRemorse
girls are whores and men are pigs...,thought everyone knew this

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Then the divorce rate would skyrocket even higher than it already is...

wink

Robtard
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
girls are whores and men are pigs...,thought everyone knew this

Your mother would be included?

Shakyamunison
Your mother would be included?

...and so would his dad.

Wĺlshy
...and himself...so his mum's a whore and him and his dad are pigs

=Tired Hiker=
Like he said, we already knew this.

ragesRemorse

Firefly218
Holy shittt

Bardock42

What is the answer then? More sex education and condoms?

Yes

Lord Lucien
This was 5 years ago. The percentage must be even better higher now.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
This was 5 years ago. The percentage must be even better higher now.

Why was this bumped?

Lord Lucien
Iunno. Ask the kid who did it.

Astner
Mindset is the one to blame for all this.

Shakyamunison
It was a rhetorical question. I shouldn't have quoted you.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Astner
Mindset is the one to blame for all this. Was he the one giving all those teen girls STDs?

Stealth Moose
Was he the one giving all those teen girls STDs?

Yes, but Astner's girlish physique is to blame for his being counted in the study.

Astner
Was he the one giving all those teen girls STDs?
Yes.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yes, but Astner's girlish physique is to blame for his being counted in the study. He and his effete ilk are probably skewing the results horrendously.

Stealth Moose
Yes, but Astner's girlish physique is to blame for his being counted in the study. Originally posted by Astner
Yes. Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He and his effete ilk are probably skewing the results horrendously.

Lord Lucien
All this talk of giving Astner a teenage STD has given me a fantastic boner.

Stealth Moose
All this talk of giving Astner a teenage STD has given me a fantastic boner.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/hobbitWTF.gif

Pic unrelated.

Shakyamunison
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/hobbitWTF.gif

Pic unrelated.

Exactly how I felt when I read his post.

Lord Lucien
See that foam in Frodo's mouth? Yeah, I bet you do.

Shakyamunison
See that foam in Frodo's mouth? Yeah, I bet you do.

Don't get exited. Its not what you think. laughing out loud

mbkgen
I wouldn't be getting near a teenager anytime so this news doesn't really worry me lol

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mbkgen
I wouldn't be getting near a teenager anytime so this news doesn't really worry me lol Yeah but what about the people you f*ck? Maybe they have a thang for some fine ass teen honeys. Wink wink.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.