The Gulf war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I watched the one that got away last night and it reminded me of the gulf war. It had a big impact on the world in the 90s . Its now completly distroyed by bombs if they wanted to get rid of saddam why do it ten years later?

Desert storm was one of the main storys

jaden101
Originally posted by coolmovies
I watched the one that got away last night and it reminded me of the gulf war. It had a big impact on the world in the 90s . Its now completly distroyed by bombs if they wanted to get rid of saddam why do it ten years later?

Desert storm was one of the main storys

the initial idea was never to depose saddam's regime in the 1st gulf war...it was to drive the Iraqi army out of Kuwait and to destroy their missle threat to Israel and other neighbouring countries

the idea that a shi'ite revolt would happen and indeed began to occur at the end of the gulf war and it was proposed that the allied troops support the uprising...the uprising began but the UN never sanctioned supporting it and the shi'ite people were left to their fate...some 10 years later and in excess of 300,000 of them were excecuted by the hussein regime

inimalist
The united states actually promised Kurdish leaders they would provide air support for their rebellion. But at the last minute, pulled out and said they wouldn't.

Most military leaders at the time were against invading baghdad because it was a no win situation.

Why go back 10 years later? Because the people who were the idiots during the first Gulf war are now in charge.

coolmovies
I hope they dont go after iran now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.