Gojira

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lamb Of God
Couldn't find any other thread on this so does anyone else likes this band? Most people I ask don't even know who they are so I doubt this will get many replies. This is one of the few death metal bands that stand out more than other bands. A lot of death metal sounds the same but Gojira brings originality to the table and makes some pretty nice songs. I'm not a real big fan of their vocals but their musicianship is really good. Sure their most certainly not the best band but I think they are a nice difference in the death metal genre.

Alpha Centauri
Gojira? Death metal?

Funny. They're heavy metal, or...shockingly...just metal.

-AC

Lamb Of God
Wonderful.... how did I know this was going to happen? Their labeled death metal, of course their lyrics have nothing to do with gore, violence, or death but their vocals, riffs, and drumming all fit in with death metal. Just because the lyrics are not violent and based around death and gore dosnt mean that its only what the genre is about.

Victor Von Doom
Metal's tedious. Most tired genre there is.

Lamb Of God
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Metal's tedious. Most tired genre there is.

Hmm well each man to his own opinion. I think hip hop (mainstream) is the most tedious genre there is. Almost every song is about the same thing.

Alpha Centauri
Gojira are not a death metal band, their music is nothing like death metal. Just refer to them as a metal band, it's correct, and you avoid boxing them in incorrectly, like you are now.

What you just said; that's not actually true.

It doesn't matter what the song's about, it's the sound that's generally repetitive in metal.

-AC

Lamb Of God
Their style of playing their instruments and their use of vocals is death metal. Mabey not their lyrics but their style. Either way I really could care less what genre their put in, death metal, heavy metal, rap, who really cares? I like the music they produce so thats basically what this thread is about. I'm just pointing out that the use of down-tuned guitars, low pitched growls and rapid double bass drumming is related to the death metal genre. But really I could care less, so if their heavy metal then so be it.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Lamb Of God
Their style of playing their instruments and their use of vocals is death metal. Mabey not their lyrics but their style. Either way I really could care less what genre their put in, death metal, heavy metal, rap, who really cares? I like the music they produce so thats basically what this thread is about. I'm just pointing out that the use of down-tuned guitars, low pitched growls and rapid double bass drumming is related to the death metal genre. But really I could care less, so if their heavy metal then so be it.

How are they death metal? They are nothing like any death metal band. Opeth are more death metal than Gojira and Opeth have hardly ever been death metal.

It's not related to death metal at all. They're closer to Mastodon than they are to Morbid Angel or Deicide. This is why people shouldn't label, cos they usually can't.

-AC

Lamb Of God
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
How are they death metal? They are nothing like any death metal band. Opeth are more death metal than Gojira and Opeth have hardly ever been death metal.

It's not related to death metal at all. They're closer to Mastodon than they are to Morbid Angel or Deicide. This is why people shouldn't label, cos they usually can't.

-AC

Ok you win, Ill go ahead and drop this argument. Gojira are not death metal... I could really care less, the point of this thread is to comment about the band. Mastodon is also a good band, and yes they are very similar to Gojira.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.