Jack Hawksmoor vs Hulk in New York City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Fight takes place in Times Square.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2194/61714-jack-hawksmoor_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/122857-hulk_400.jpg

Yowsa
Was the location really required in the title?

Papa Smurph
Hulk 8/10

Hawksmoore gets two wins because of the rarely used and overrated merge into city that we've seen Hulk escape in WWH: X-Men.

But generally Hawksmoore gets brow beat.

TricksterPriest
Can Hawksmoor heal a city that's being damaged? if yes, Hulk's probably screwed.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Can Hawksmoor heal a city that's being damaged? if yes, Hulk's probably screwed.

Not really sure. He's never had occasion to need that particular power. He's built skyscrapers before from spare city materials, but not in the heat of battle.

But I'd tend to agree. Hulk wins if he can't heal it, Jack wins if he can. People forget that while lots of Hulk-level people can destroy cities, it wouldn't just be sitting there. It would be a city, trillions of tons of force, attacking the opponent.

Soljer
Originally posted by Yowsa
Was the location really required in the title?

Actually....

Yes.

Hawksmoor's power has direct correlation to the size of the city he's in.

Then again, seeing as the Hulk can beat Jack on Coruscant...dur.

Gecko4lif
Lets see Hulk beat Jack in Nessus

illadelph12
Brooklyn>>>>>>>>>Hulk.

Hawksmoor by default.

Charlotte DeBel
Hawksmoor 10\10. I don't see him doing particularly that on Hulk (drawing a power from the city into himself)
http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=authority0817qu3.jpg
but he can do plenty of other stuff. Like phase "huc" into ground
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=authorityv200203roughersh9.jpg

Digi, you asked for "healing a city" feat:
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10fw0.jpg

DigiMark007
Ah, nice. Forgot about that.

Symmetric Chaos
Hulk destroys the city and breaks Jack in half. Or he could do it the other way around it doesn't matter.

Erik-Lensherr
Jack.

Hulk shouldn't even be able to lay a hand on him.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hulk destroys the city and breaks Jack in half. Or he could do it the other way around it doesn't matter.

Problem there would be finding Jack amongst the entire thing. Jack can phase into it, after all.

He may undergo trauma from damage to the city, so I again think it comes down to whether or not he could consistently heal the city. Charlotte posted a scan of it, but it was necessarily low-level "healing."

Still, a city sitting there is a lot easier to destroy than when you label it is "trillions of tons attacking you." Jack for the majority, but not all.

Kutulu
This is a huge stomp in Hulk's favor. Hulk cracked the entire island of Manhattan by taking a step on the ground in WWH #5, he's easily capable of busting planets, Jack gets pounded here.

DigiMark007
Also, Spider-Man beat the Hulk once.

ha-son

Kutulu
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Problem there would be finding Jack amongst the entire thing. Jack can phase into it, after all.

He may undergo trauma from damage to the city, so I again think it comes down to whether or not he could consistently heal the city. Charlotte posted a scan of it, but it was necessarily low-level "healing."

Still, a city sitting there is a lot easier to destroy than when you label it is "trillions of tons attacking you." Jack for the majority, but not all.

It doesn't matter, Hulk can smash the entire city like nothing, heck he's done that as a side effect of his battle with Sentry. Hulk's weaker form was holding up 150 billions tons, and he was smashing apart entire mountains at several points in his past.

Symmetric Chaos

Actually it would be easier to wreck when everything is headed toward you. No time needed to go find stuff to smash stick out tongue

Hulk has plenty of time to find Jack. I don't see Hulk being seriously hurt by anything he can do. Whereas Jack would go down very hard in a direct confrontation with Hulk.

Kutulu
Also, Spider-Man beat the Hulk once.

ha-son

Hulk is a lot more powerful and strong than he used to be. People still think of the Hulk as he was 10 years ago, he's way more powerful nowadays. In WWH he was one-shotting class 100's. As far as trapping the Hulk with cement? C'mon does anybody honestly think that would work against someone who can casually break apart an entire mountain with his bare hands? It's not even Kitty Pryde type phasing, it was just surrounding the guy with liquid concrete.

DigiMark007
I dunno. Somehow when I comprehend skyscrapers as fists, crashing down on Hulk with the force of hundreds of thousands of tons, I still get an image of Hulk losing badly. While simultaneously being phased into the city, mind you...he'd barely have footing.

Also, this is Hulk, not WWH. Are we assuming super-peak-never-lose-to-anyone for him, or his average showings where he's been knocked out dozens of times by WAY less than Class Skyscraper punches. A lot would probably depend on his level of anger.

And the Spider-Man fight was like 5 years ago, if that.

wink

Symmetric Chaos
I dunno. Somehow when I comprehend skyscrapers as fists, crashing down on Hulk with the force of hundreds of thousands of tons, I still get an image of Hulk losing badly.

Also, this is Hulk, not WWH. Are we assuming super-peak-never-lose-to-anyone for him, or his average showings where he's been knocked out dozens of times by WAY less than Class Skyscraper punches. A lot would probably depend on his level of anger.

Using skyscrapers as fists? erm

DigiMark007
Using skyscrapers as fists? erm

If he's wearing the city as a suit, sure...at least that much. Or he could just individually manipulate the skyscrapers into pounding him, like when he crashed a city block (in LA I think) into that Reverend guy (early in Vol. 2).

Symmetric Chaos
If he's wearing the city as a suit, sure...at least that much. Or he could just individually manipulate the skyscrapers into pounding him, like when he crashed a city block (in LA I think) into that Reverend guy (early in Vol. 2).

He's never done the suit thing again. It would be terribly out of character. Also if he tried that Hulk would be on the inside not the outside.

I thought he just had those buildings fall over.

DigiMark007
He's never done the suit thing again. It would be terribly out of character. Also if he tried that Hulk would be on the inside not the outside.

I thought he just had those buildings fall over.

If the city is abandoned, it wouldn't be. He's not a murderer, so it would be kinda hard for a writer to rationalize him doing it in a normal setting. But it happened and is within his power set, so it's reasonable to assme he could do it if necessary.

And he's made buildings fall over but also had them build up momentum (like the city block feat I mentioned earlier).

Master-Borg
Let's assume for the sake of this battle that everyone has been evacuated from the city before the showdown began. I certainly didn't intend morality to be a constraint against Jack in a fight against the Hulk.

Master-Borg
After seeing some of the scans, I really believe that both of them fighting to the top of their abilities, Jack wins 10/10.

He could literally drown Hulk in trillions of tons of liquid concrete.

Papa Smurph
He's never done the suit thing again.

He's never done it again because it was an involuntary reaction built in his system to subconsciously awaken toward the evading alien foes at hand. Hence him never remembering the event or having met Jenny Sparks before Stormwatch. Just an FYI

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
He's never done it again because it was an involuntary reaction built in his system to subconsciously awaken toward the evading alien foes at hand. Hence him never remembering the event or having met Jenny Sparks before Stormwatch. Just an FYI

Can you give me an issue number? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just like to actually see it in the comic.

Papa Smurph
Happened in the Jenny Sparks mini I believe issue 3 or 4

DigiMark007
To Sym, the scans are in the respect thread where he does it.

The issue # is "Jenny Sparks: Secret History of the Authority" though I don't know the exact issue # (there were 6 of them I think).

Originally posted by Papa Smurph

The recruitment of people to the Authority, and occasional flashbacks to other events, takes place at various points. Some are post-Stormwatch, so without additional confirmation I don't remember if this was before or after Stormwatch. I'll check at some point if I remember to. You might be right, but it's also very possible that it happened after Stormwatch.

Papa Smurph
The event happened in like the 1960/70's which predates Stormwatch Black by um 35/25 years?

grey fox
Worldbreaker uses his nifty SSJ powers to smash Hawksmoore into atoms.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox
Worldbreaker uses his nifty SSJ powers to smash Hawksmoore into atoms.

http://www.garada.net/modules/bt/pics/guyver01a.jpg

Hawksmoore pulls a Guyver and vaporizes Hulk. dur313

Gecko4lif
Jack in nessus shits all over hulk juggs and thanos at the same time

you dont **** with a city millions of miles long and wide with trillions of souls in it

grey fox
http://www.garada.net/modules/bt/pics/guyver01a.jpg

hvSzrxpUlLc

Charlotte DeBel
As for skyscrapers into fists...maybe that pretty recent showing can help the case, darlings?
http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledscanned19xf3.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledscanned20ce0.jpg

Also note, that Jack, while he isn't a murderer, can ignore casualties sometimes.

janus77
Hulk 10/10 without much trouble.

a barrage of gigantic thunderclaps rends the city in to pieces, some earthquake stomps tear more shit up and then Hulk really gets to work.

you can destroy the planet Hulk's on, but you still wouldn't have enough force to destroy/hurt Hulk.

Endrict Nuul
Hulk takes this, without the other big guns Jack loses eventually.

Doctor-Alvis

It looks like he's flashing his nips. For the kill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.