An IMP vs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
Flash will have all the time/running room he needs to deliver the infamous 'Infinite Mass Punch' to each of the following opponents.

Only catch is.... Each opponent will just be standing in an unguarded position, taking the IMP without fighting back.

Basically, I want to know what the IMP would do to each of the following characters, if they just stood there and took it...

1.) Classic Blob
2.) WWH
3.) Superman (after thinking Flash had just killed Lois)
4.) Classic Juggernaut
5.) Iron Man (Hulk Buster)
6.) GL Hal (shields up)
7.) Thanos

The opponents will be standing on a 200'x200' adamantium platform.

Newjak
1.) Classic Blob: Gets killed before Flash even touches him.

2.) WWH: Gets seriously F'ed up but may survive to heal from it.

3.) Superman (after thinking Flash had just killed Lois): Gets a decent injury from it, think broken rib. Or busted nose. Nothing that would stop him but he'll feel it for awhile.

4.) Classic Juggernaut: Takes it no problem.

5.) Iron Man (Hulk Buster): Dies

6.) GL Hal (shields up): Takes it but not without some damage.

7.) Thanos: Lives but probably gets as messed up as Supes would be.

WrathfulDwarf
1. Pwned
2. Seriously and badly PWNED.
3. Drains his energy.
4. KO
5. Are you serious?
6. Breaks the Shield.
7. Broken Jaw.

Mindset
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
1. Pwned
2. Seriously and badly PWNED.
3. Drains his energy.
4. KO
5. Are you serious?
6. Breaks the Shield.
7. Broken Jaw.

Are you serious?

Soljer
1.) Classic Blob - Dead
2.) WWH - Very hurt. May not be able to heal in time.
3.) Superman - Injured, but survives with fight left in him.
4.) Classic Juggernaut - Unharmed
5.) Iron Man (Hulk Buster) - Dead
6.) GL Hal (shields up) - Just one? The shield may or may not hold up, but that's all. Hal'd be fine, though he obviously wouldn't have time to put up another shield if Wally were to deliver a second.
7.) Thanos - Thanos won't come out unscathed, he'll be damaged, but not tremendously.

Galan007
I agree that it would kill Blob -- but would his body have moved? mmm

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
I agree that it would kill Blob -- but would his body have moved? mmm It depends,

Do you count the disintegrated bloody mist of his destroyed body floating away into the wind as moving.

mmm

Priest
The only person being KOed/dead would be Blob and IronMan because it IMP is nothing but Hyperbole Galan.

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
The only person being KOed/dead would be Blob and IronMan And??

Priest
And??
KOing a White Martian is not a big deal.

Galan007
KOing a White Martian is not a big deal. Did I bring anything up regarding Martians? confused

I was simply curious what would happen to each individual I listed. smile

Priest
Did I bring anything up regarding Martians? confused

I was simply curious what would happen to each individual I listed. smile
I know, if the IMP did live up to it's hyperbole wouldn't it do more damage to the target, AND the environment where it was thrown?

Yowsa
I know, if the IMP did live up to it's hyperbole wouldn't it do more damage to the target, AND the environment where it was thrown? Sorry to tell you but this is comics and writers don't go into that much detail.

Priest
Originally posted by Yowsa
Sorry to tell you but this is comics and writers don't go into that much detail.
Sorry to tell you if the IMP lived up to its hype Wally should be able to one shot any top tier.

h1a8
This thread doesn't really make sense. If an IMP has infinite power then what finite being (in terms of durability) can withstand it? For it would contradict the Infinite in IMP.

LORD B
1.) Classic Blob- dies
2.) WWH-at deaths door
3.) Superman (after thinking Flash had just killed Lois)-hurt,but still breathing
4.) Classic Juggernaut-jack shit
5.) Iron Man (Hulk Buster)- dies
6.) GL Hal (shields up)-breaks shield and injured
7.) Thanos-side steps out the way and trips flash up131

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
This thread doesn't really make sense. If an IMP has infinite power then what finite being (in terms of durability) can withstand it? For it would contradict the Infinite in IMP.

Mindset

It's not infinite.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
It's not infinite.

Then why is it called Infinite Mass Punch?

Mr. Slippyfist
laughing out loud

Mindset
Then why is it called Infinite Mass Punch?

Because it sounds good.

Soljer

An infinite mass punch is not infinite, but rather limitless.

The closer wally gets to C, and the more he allows himself to experience relativistic effects, the more mass he'll gain.

An infinite mass punch does not actually utilize an infinite amount of mass. Just a limitless amount.

Wally APPROACHES infinity, never touches it.

Then again, Galan did give Wally "as much time" as he needs.

Meaning, in actuality....

Wally one-shots everyone. smile.

TricksterPriest
Soljer called it. Aside from Juggs, everyone else dies.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Soljer
Then again, Galan did give Wally "as much time" as he needs.
To deliver one. erm

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
To deliver one. erm

Well, there is no singular solitary 'mass' associated with an IMP, as I explained.

Wally could deliver the punch JUST as he started to increase in mass, and only hit someone with twice the mass of his body, or he could utilize the relativistic effects and hit someone with a galaxy-sized mass.

Both would be achieved in the same way, therefore neither should take precedence over the other. *shrugs* I assumed Galan was going for Wally's full potential here, and I doubt anyone (Juggernaut's Cyttorak enchantment included) could withstand having Wally bring the multiverse down on their domepiece.

Mr. Slippyfist
It seemed like Galan was just giving him enough time to hit the mark to deliver one... not go all out with it.

Also, until we see him deliver one of that nature in comics... I highly doubt he can do so, just because of the theory applied to it.

srug

Soljer
It seemed like Galan was just giving him enough time to hit the mark to deliver one... not go all out with it.

Also, until we see him deliver one of that nature in comics... I highly doubt he can do so, just because of the theory applied to it.

srug

'Hit the mark to deliver one,' bran?

What, exactly, is the mark? As I said, he could deliver a punch that contained only twice his 'resting' mass. Would that count as an IMP?

What if he increased his mass to that of a car? A truck? A plane? A warship? A continent? A planet? A star? A solar system? A galaxy?

Do you get my point. All of the above 'masses' would be obtained by the exact same method. Which one counts as the IMP generated in THIS thread?

Mindset
One that isn't infinite

Soljer
One that isn't infinite

No shit.

Wanna take a guess at which of the masses I named aren't infinite?

I'll give you a hint; all of them. no expression.

Mr. Slippyfist

What, exactly, is the mark? As I said, he could deliver a punch that contained only twice his 'resting' mass. Would that count as an IMP?

What if he increased his mass to that of a car? A truck? A plane? A warship? A continent? A planet? A star? A solar system? A galaxy?

Do you get my point. All of the above 'masses' would be obtained by the exact same method. Which one counts as the IMP generated in THIS thread? Hit around lightspeed... as he explained that that's the speed he needs to attain to start increasing his mass, when he hit Zum.
Which is what I'm thinking of when Galan says that he gives Flash the room to do one.

Mindset
No shit.

Wanna take a guess at which of the masses I named aren't infinite?

I'll give you a hint; all of them. no expression.

And I was saying any punch that's not infinite. no expression

Galan007
Wally APPROACHES infinity, never touches it. Which in itself sounds ridiculous.

That's like saying, you can almost count to infinity. ermm

It seemed like Galan was just giving him enough time to hit the mark to deliver one... not go all out with it. Pretty much.

I was more or less giving Wally the time he needs to deliver an IMP, as we've seen it happen in comics.

I'd rather not theorize that Wally can, in fact, deliver a truly infinite blow -- when there's no proof backing it up. srsly

Mindset
I can almost lift an infinite amount of weight.

Astner
I can almost lift an infinite amount of weight.
Hah, I can lift a infinite amount of weight ... If the scale is 1/inifnity kilograms.

King Kandy

Do you get my point. All of the above 'masses' would be obtained by the exact same method. Which one counts as the IMP generated in THIS thread?
The same IMP he hit Zum with.

Master-Borg
Which in itself sounds ridiculous.

Pretty much.

I was more or less giving Wally the time he needs to deliver an IMP, as we've seen it happen in comics.

I'd rather not theorize that Wally can, in fact, deliver a truly infinite blow -- when there's no proof backing it up. srsly

What has been the most impressive effect of an IMP?

Galan007
Originally posted by Master-Borg
What has been the most impressive effect of an IMP? Knocking the fcuk out of random bad-guys. ermmhappy

Master-Borg
Knocking the fcuk out of random bad-guys. ermmhappy any one of impressive durability or just clowns like Grodd?

Priest
Originally posted by Master-Borg
any one of impressive durability or just clowns like Grodd?
Te-He
A White M. ermmha

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
The same IMP he hit Zum with.

If we go by that I'd say everyone but IronMan survives.

But if he jumps to dropping the multiverse on someone's domepiece they all die.

Priest
That joke never gets old laughing out loud

Soljer
Which in itself sounds ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous in the least. All it means is that the mass is limitless.

Same way your counting numbers can approach infinity. Start counting; "one, two, three, four..."

This sequence approaches infinity. Given infinite time, you'll eventually count to infinity.

smile.

h1a8
It's not ridiculous in the least. All it means is that the mass is limitless.

Same way your counting numbers can approach infinity. Start counting; "one, two, three, four..."

This sequence approaches infinity. Given infinite time, you'll eventually count to infinity.

smile.

The funny thing is that since infinite time can't exist then none can count to infinity (no matter how fast they count).

Here's a paradox:
Assume there is a supernatural being that can click a light on or off at anytime he wants. Let's say the light is off and he clicks it on. Then he waits 1 minute and then switches it off. Then he waits half the previous time (30 seconds) and switches it back on. He then continues to switch the light off and on, each switch is half the previous time waited (...15 sec, 7.5sec, etc.). So is the light on or off after 2 min?

Mindset
The funny thing is that since infinite time can't exist then none can count to infinity (no matter how fast they count).

Here's a paradox:
Assume there is a supernatural being that can click a light on or off at anytime he wants. Let's say the light is off and he clicks it on. Then he waits 1 minute and then switches it off. Then he waits half the previous time (30 seconds) and switches it back on. He then continues to switch the light off and on, each switch is half the previous time waited (...15 sec, 7.5sec, etc.). So is the light on or off after 2 min?

Shut up. smile

Soljer

Here's a paradox:

That's not a 'funny thing.' That's exactly what would be expected...

And why would the speed you count at matter? What the f**k?

h1a8
That's not a 'funny thing.' That's exactly what would be expected...

And why would the speed you count at matter? What the f**k?

I was saying it is a funny thing because of the way many people throw the term infinite around. Many say "infinite this and infinite that" when it actuality it doesn't exist if it isn't obtained at one time. I was not disagreeing with you. I was just backing you up.

Soljer
I was saying it is a funny thing because of the way many people throw the term infinite around. Many say "infinite this and infinite that" when it actuality it doesn't exist if it isn't obtained at one time. I was not disagreeing with you. I was just backing you up.

Oh. Fair enough.

However, usually 'funny things' are things that aren't known or expected.

Rather than absolutely proceedural logical conclusions.

Laminator_X
The IMP has never made any sense and never will. It looks cool, but thinking about it for more than two seconds leads to all sorts of contradictions. At .9999c 70.1 seconds pass to the oberver at rest for every one second that passes in the Flash's frame of reference. Since the light reflecting off of me is only traveling at c, I could dodge the Flash all day by simply walking around in a big circle, while he tries to punch where I was standing a minute or so earlier in the midst of all the tracers.

Doctor-Alvis
All the humdrum details like logic and physics are tied up by the Speed Force.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
All the humdrum details like logic and physics are tied up by the Speed Force.

thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The IMP has never made any sense and never will. It looks cool, but thinking about it for more than two seconds leads to all sorts of contradictions. At .9999c 70.1 seconds pass to the oberver at rest for every one second that passes in the Flash's frame of reference. Since the light reflecting off of me is only traveling at c, I could dodge the Flash all day by simply walking around in a big circle, while he tries to punch where I was standing a minute or so earlier in the midst of all the tracers.

That is why I and some other Physicists don't believe in the theory of Relativity. The whole theory is built on the assumption that light is constant in all reference frames. If that were true then the theory of Relativity is necessarily true (is derived correctly with mathematics). The problem is that this assumption isn't true (I believe) as it would lead to contradictions (which can't exist).

Astner
No since it would never end, never hit infinity in other words--infinity isn't a concrete number like a thousand billions.

Galan007
Given infinite time, you'll eventually count to infinity.

smile. If you can count to it, then it was never infinite to begin with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.