Asajj Ventress and Sora Bulq vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
This is Asajj and Sora from their peaks, ROTS Obi-Wan and TPM Qui-Gon. Asajj was able to hang with Kenobi and SKywalker just 5 months before ROTS, and Sora was Dooku's right-hand man and gave Mace a decent fight a few months after AOTC. IMHO, this would be close.

Darth Subjekt
It would be very close, but I'm going to have to go with OB1 and QGJ. By the time of ROTS, OB1 mastered his form and Dooku couldn't penetrate his defenses. And QGJ was one of the finest swordsman and the one of the strongest with the living force which would help him in this. Also, if he was Dooku's apprentice, he would likely know most of what he taught Asajj.

darthsith19
I don't think so. Jedi Dooku taught Qui-Gon Jedi skills. Dark-Side Dooku taught Asajj Dark Side powers, some of which Qui-Gon won't know about.

Darth Subjekt
i mean purely in saber skills, not force powers...

DARTH POWER
This comes down to Can ObiWan take out Sora Bulq whose Mastered Vapaad almost to the same degree as Mace??? but without the Shatterpoint ability.

Qui-Gon vs. Ventress would probably be a good fight. Because I dnt think Ventress is anywhere near as good as Maul.

skywalker833
This would be close, but i'm gonna have to say sora and asajj because Master Bulq has mastered vaapad.

darthsith19
Originally posted by skywalker833
This would be close, but i'm gonna have to say sora and asajj because Master Bulq has mastered vaapad.
Actually, in Mace's own words "Sora Bulq didn't master Vaapad. Vaapad mastered him." technically, then, Vaapad also mastered Depa Billaba. Mace was the only one who ever mastered Vaapad.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by darthsith19
Actually, in Mace's own words "Sora Bulq didn't master Vaapad. Vaapad mastered him." technically, then, Vaapad also mastered Depa Billaba. Mace was the only one who ever mastered Vaapad.

he meant that from the jedi perspective.. the fact that those 2 turned to the dark side through vapaad. it doesnt change the fact that Sora's mastery of Vapaad was very good.

before Mace found out that Sora turned to the dark side, he said Sora mastered Vapaad alsmost to the same level as Mace.

skywalker833
I meant that over all, Sora Bulq is probably more powerful than Obi-Wan (not by much) and Qui-Gon. eek! eek! eek!

Darth Exodus
Assaj can probably take out Qui-gon or at least hold him down long enouth for Bulq to beat Kenobi and help her. The Evil Duo win but mabye with some effort.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Assaj can probably take out Qui-gon or at least hold him down long enouth for Bulq to beat Kenobi and help her. The Evil Duo win but mabye with some effort.

I think you have it reversed Qui-gon is the weaker link and will go down before Obiwan.

Darth Exodus
Oh...... in that case the Jedi go down faster than a paraphaligic fish big grin big grin

DARTH POWER
remember Qui-Gon was one of the best swordman at the time of TPM. Even used to spar Mace to a stand off at that time (according to Mace's bio.) So I think Qui-Gon against Ventress should be a decent fight.

Darth Exodus
But Ventress was able to stalemate Kenobi every time they fought and he's arguably better than Qui-Gon by that point.

Sidi-Boy
Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon take this.

Obi-Wan was a superior enemy to both Bulq and Asajj; though Bulq might pose a serious match to him, Obi-Wan's 'world-class' Soresu skills; which were acknowledged by Windu to be the absolute finest in the order, despite Soresu being a very commonly-practiced form; should be enough to defeat Bulq's unmastered Vaapad. Bulq was finally killed by Quinlan Vos, btw, a Jedi whom despite being a very exceptional master of Ataru was never credited (I believe) to having some of the best skills in the order in anything.

Qui-Gon vs. Asajj... hmm... well, I think there's no doubt that Maul, will, indeed, likely pwn her, but her skills should not be taken lightly. She was BEATEN by Obi-Wan several times, who actually did not want to kill her later on; Qui-Gon was probably the slight inferior of Obi-Wan at the point he beat Asajj, but, regardless, his skills are considered to be extremely high. He has a good chance of taking her out, and if he doesn't, Obi-Wan can beat Sora and along with Qui-Gon WTFpwn Ventress.

Faunus
Originally posted by Sidi-Boy
.Obi-Wan was a superior enemy to both Bulq and Asajj; though Bulq might pose a serious match to him, Obi-Wan's 'world-class' Soresu skills; which were acknowledged by Windu to be the absolute finest in the order, despite Soresu being a very commonly-practiced form; should be enough to defeat Bulq's unmastered Vaapad.Unmastered?

"Sora Bulq was one of the greatest lightsaber instructors the Jedi order had ever known, perfecting the various forms of combat techniques, both classical and experimental. He even helped Mace Windu perfect the art of vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat so intense and dangerous, that to practice it was to tread perilously close to the dark side."

The Databank begs to differ.
Bulq was utterly dominating the entire fight. This is indisputable. Hell, Sora had Vos on his knees by the end, and was only killed because Aayla and Tholme managed to clear Quinlan's mind, which resulted in him lashing out one last time from a position of seeming defeat.

If anything, all the duel did was prove that Vos wasn't even in Sora's league.
When? Give me one such incident, because I have a few that suggest otherwise. On Ord Cestus, a year after AotC, Ventress crippled Kit Fisto and managed to put Obi-Wan on his back in seconds. He himself realized that he was basically screwed, and that's when Fisto sliced the dock and dropped them both into the water. There, Obi-Wan managed to force her to flee, but on even ground she was more than a match for him.
No. Ventress will kill Qui-Gon, if after a fairly intense fight, and will proceed to assist Sora in taking down Obi-Wan. Either alone would be a formidable opponent for him; together, he doesn't stand a chance.

darthsith19
"Sora Bulq didn't master Vaapad. Vaapad mastered him." - Mace Windu, from SHatterpoint. He may have been good with Vaapad but he never mastered it, according to Mace.

kiddo44
This is very close. It's hard b/c ROTS Kenobi could beat any of the 3 one on one., but Assaj and Sora would be a serious team. Assaj Ventress is very underrated in her power. She is stronger than Sora and Qui-Gon. I would go Kenobi and Jinn though, just b/c Kenobi is so good.

DARTH POWER
"Sora Bulq didn't master Vaapad. Vaapad mastered him." - Mace Windu, from SHatterpoint. He may have been good with Vaapad but he never mastered it, according to Mace.

yea but what does that mesn "Vapaad Mastered him.." Mace only said this after Sora turned to the darkside.. before he knew Bulq turned Mace claimed Sora Bulq had Mastered Vaapad almost to the same level as himself. this was in Schism shortly after AOTC.

Kadesh
He, at the very least, mastered the technical aspects of the Form if not the mental, which alone is one hell of an achievement. That fact coupled with the excerpt that Faunus posted from the databank, and I think it'd be safe to say that he was easily one of the greatest swordsmen among the Jedi and Sith (/Dark Jedi) at the time.

Ivalice
Hello nebaris, i see your using my former alias!

darthsith19
Originally posted by Kadesh
He, at the very least, mastered the technical aspects of the Form if not the mental, which alone is one hell of an achievement. That fact coupled with the excerpt that Faunus posted from the databank, and I think it'd be safe to say that he was easily one of the greatest swordsmen among the Jedi and Sith (/Dark Jedi) at the time.
I agree. He was one of the best.

Sidi-Boy
Originally posted by kiddo44
This is very close. It's hard b/c ROTS Kenobi could beat any of the 3 one on one., but Assaj and Sora would be a serious team. Assaj Ventress is very underrated in her power. She is stronger than Sora and Qui-Gon. I would go Kenobi and Jinn though, just b/c Kenobi is so good.

I almost completely agree; however, Obi-Wan should not be overestimated so badly, or rather Qui-Gon should nto be UNDERESTIMATED. Sora Bulq is a great saber fighter, it's true, but evidence points towards the fact that Kenobi was greater; remember, I believe Mace said that Bulq was almost as strong as he was, but later claimed Obi-Wan to be a better fighter than he (however, I think Mace > Obi-Wan...). Use your logic.

Also note that General Grievous could simultaneously defeat Asajj and Durge without a lot of effort, but was later pwned by Obi-Wan in combat.

DARTH POWER

yes this makes sense. because theres the whole mental aspect to Vapaad as well. and since Bulq turned to the darkside its clear that that aspect of it mastered him.

but since he mastered the physical/technical side of it, for the purposes of a fight at least we can assume hes mastered it.

skywalker833
Yeah, in Clone wars volume one, Mace said "You did not master vaapad, Vaapad mastered you."

Faunus
Originally posted by Sidi-Boy
Also note that General Grievous could simultaneously defeat Asajj and Durge without a lot of effort, but was later pwned by Obi-Wan in combat.Dooku > Grievous > Asajj > Obi-Wan > Anakin. But Anakin > Dooku, and Anakin > Asajj, so Anakin > Grievous? And Mace > Palpatine, so Mace > Yoda, since Palpatine > Yoda?

You see my point. When comparing characters on the basis of their victories alone, one comes up with rather skewed results.

Edit: And when did Mace call Obi-Wan a better swordsman than himself?

Gideon

The term is "that the Jedi Order had ever known". He's one of the best ever, not just of his time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.