Most durable substance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
Rank the following in order of most durable to least.

CA's shield
Classic Juggernaut's skin
WW's bracelets
True adamantium
Uru metal (as in Mjolnir)
Vibranium

Gecko4lif
WW's bracelets
True adamantium
CA's shield is vibranium

King Kandy
Um no, Cap's shield is a Vibranium/Steel fusion that is harder then Adamantium.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
WW's bracelets
True adamantium
CA's shield is vibranium if this was filliped upside down it would be correct.

Soljer
1. Wonder Woman's Bracelets
2. Captain America's shield
3. True Adamantium
4. Juggernaut's Skin
5. Uru
6. Vibranium

Gecko4lif
Arrgghh!!

Fear the uru!

CaptainStoic
How can WW bracelets be at the top when Superman crushed them, and Diana's wrists???

leonidas
Originally posted by Soljer
1. Wonder Woman's Bracelets
2. Captain America's shield
3. True Adamantium
4. Juggernaut's Skin
5. Uru
6. Vibranium

i mostly agree with this except a case could be made for the shield over the bracelets and . . . jugg's skin? confused you mean his force field? that one is kinda hard to rank because some attacks can circumvent it. if you mean his actual skin, then, that seems like it would be below uru. not sure about how it fares vs vibranium . . .

Soljer
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
How can WW bracelets be at the top when Superman crushed them, and Diana's wrists???

Point me towards where, in canon, he performed such a feat?

I can guarantee that he has not.

CaptainStoic
Point me towards where, in canon, he performed such a feat?

I can guarantee that he has not.

The Max Lord debacle.

Soljer
The Max Lord debacle.

In which he broke her wrists.

Not her bracelets.

CaptainStoic
Superman wasn't able to even dent the shield in JLA/Avengers nor was Krona's blast while Superman held the shield. Although, while Mjolnir was in Thor's hands in rumpled the shield. The list should look like thi.

1. Uru

2. Captain America's Shield

3. True Adamantium

4.Wonder Womans Bracelets

5. Vibranium

6. Juggernaut's Skin

Soljer
Superman wasn't able to even dent the shield in JLA/Avengers nor was Krona's blast while Superman held the shield. Although, while Mjolnir was in Thor's hands in rumpled the shield. The list should look like thi.

1. Uru

3. True Adamantium

5. Vibranium

6. Juggernaut's Skin

Thor has carved Uru with his grip before. He wouldn't be able to do anything to Cap's shield.

Wonder Woman's bracelets withstood the force of an entire pantheon of Gods. Captain America's shield couldn't stand up to one skyfather.

Vibranium's been broken by the likes of Danny Rand. He's not going through Juggernaut's skin.

In other words....

Your list is completely wrong.

CaptainStoic

Not her bracelets.

He crushed the bracelets that were on her wrists, i never said that he destroyed the bracelet's. The fact that he was able to crush them in the first place indicates that they are not in the same league as the most durable substances in either universe, despite popular belief.

Evangel94

Not her bracelets.

Can you summarize for me (since I didn't read it), what happened?

I am curious though how can you break Wonder Woman's wrists without first bending/breaking the bracelets? Any theories?

CaptainStoic
Thor has carved Uru with his grip before. He wouldn't be able to do anything to Cap's shield.

Wonder Woman's bracelets withstood the force of an entire pantheon of Gods. Captain America's shield couldn't stand up to one skyfather.

Vibranium's been broken by the likes of Danny Rand. He's not going through Juggernaut's skin.

In other words....

Your list is completely wrong.

And yet it is seen in a comic that his hammer rumpled the shield.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Evangel94

I am curious though how can you break Wonder Woman's wrists without first bending/breaking the bracelets? Any theories?

the bracelet's were crushed, as were her wrists.

Soljer

Put some bracelets on. Raise your hands above your head.

Either A) Your wrist is exposed

B) Those are some big ass bracelets

or

C) Those are some tight-ass bracelets.

Soljer
He crushed the bracelets that were on her wrists, i never said that he destroyed the bracelet's. The fact that he was able to crush them in the first place indicates that they are not in the same league as the most durable substances in either universe, despite popular belief.

*alt tab*

*Comics*

*Wonder Woman v2 219*

*pg 15-17*

Superman snapped her wrist. Her bracelets were unscathed.

Get your facts straight.

CaptainStoic
Put some bracelets on. Raise your hands above your head.

Either A) Your wrist is exposed

B) Those are some big ass bracelets

or

C) Those are some tight-ass bracelets.

BS the sketches from the comic show that the bracelets were crushed... dude it's ok to be wrong once in a while.

Soljer
BS the sketches from the comic show that the bracelets were crushed... dude it's ok to be wrong once in a while.

*alt tab*

*Comics*

*Wonder Woman v2 219*

*pg 15-17*

Get your facts straight.

CaptainStoic
I dont have a scanner but I do have the comic and the bracelets are bent. You need to get your facts straight.

Superman clearly crushed the bracelets, and her wrists as well.

Master-Borg
her wrist being snapped while her bracelet is intact is not a contradiction

her bracelet doesn't stop her from bending her wrists herself, and hence don't stop them from being bent by someone else

Soljer
I dont have a scanner but I do have the comic and the bracelets are bent. You need to get your facts straight.

Superman clearly crushed the bracelets, and her wrists as well.

*alt tab*

*Comics*

*Wonder Woman v2 219*

*pg 15-17*

Get your facts straight.

No matter how much you scream "FIVE," two added to two will still produce four.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Master-Borg
her wrist being snapped while her bracelet is intact is not a contradiction

her bracelet doesn't stop her from bending her wrists herself, and hence don't stop them from being bent by someone else

Listen your analogy of the situation holds loads of merit, but the sketch clearly shows that the bracelets were bent.

CaptainStoic
No matter how much you scream "FIVE," two added to two will still produce four.

You should follow your own wisdom.

Soljer
You should really look at pages fifteen through seventeen of Wonder Woman Volume two issue two nineteen.

smile.

CaptainStoic
Revised list.

1. Uru

3. True Adamantium

5. Juggernaut's Skin

6. Vibranium

Creshosk
No matter how much you scream "FIVE," two added to two will still produce four. Actually it depends on the way the data is displayed. If a float is displayed as an int everything after the decimal will be cut off. so say the variable is 2.5 + 2.5 but is displayed as an int it will have 2+2=5.

CaptainStoic
Does anyone have any scans of the fight in question?

Creshosk
Listen your analogy of the situation holds loads of merit, but the sketch clearly shows that the bracelets were bent. Post proof or retract.

I'd like to see some evidence of these claims of the braclets being broken.

Soljer
Originally posted by Creshosk
Actually it depends on the way the data is displayed. If a float is displayed as an int everything after the decimal will be cut off. so say the variable is 2.5 + 2.5 but is displayed as an int it will have 2+2=5.

If you want to get into it like that, it totally depends on the language you're using to display said data.

When storing in an integer, some languages truncate before the operation(s) are carried out, some languages truncate afterwards.

However, I wasn't talking about a data display. I said when two is added to two, you get four.

Not when two and a half is added to two and a half but is displayed as an integer. smile.

Master-Borg
Does anyone have any scans of the fight in question? yeah that seems like it would solve the debate quickly without a pointless argument

Knowsbleed33
I know it's non-canonical, but wasn't Thors hammer cracked or crumbled in the Future Imperfect arc? I seem to remember it was sitting on a shelf or something in Rick Jones' trophy room.

Soljer
Originally posted by Master-Borg
yeah that seems like it would solve the debate quickly without a pointless argument

Check the Wonder Woman respect thread. They're in there.

Soljer
Credits to whoever scanned/posted here:
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,100957.0.html

Here is Diana's latest clash with Supes in Wonder Woman #219 :

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6042/job17mx.th.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/5803/job29bn.th.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7107/job39vm.th.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7204/job40cx.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7183/job59fa.th.jpg

Soljer
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9279/job60xb.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6048/job79wa.th.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8669/job81cs.th.jpg

Soljer
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/551/job94sk.th.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/9499/job108hs.th.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4041/job110ay.th.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6539/job127to.th.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6136/job131ps.th.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2247/job146fc.th.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1557/job154ty.th.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1256/job165zv.th.jpg

OneDumbG0

In other words....

Your list is completely wrong. Cap's shield didn't stand up to one skyfather's power in an alternate universe, see 'The Reigning.' Wonder Woman's bracelets didn't stand up to two Superman punches in an alternate universe, see 'Absolute Power.'

1. Cap's shield
2. Wonder Woman's bracelets
3. Classic Juggernaut's skin
4. True adamantium
5. Uru metal
6. Vibranium

Mjolnir has been broken... a lot. Like half a dozen times.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Cap's shield didn't stand up to one skyfather's power in an alternate universe, see 'The Reigning.' Wonder Woman's bracelets didn't stand up to two Superman punches in an alternate universe, see 'Absolute Power.'
I believe he's referring to Rune King Thor, as alt. universes don't count.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Creshosk
Post proof or retract.

I'd like to see some evidence of these claims of the braclets being broken.

When did I say broken?

Master-Borg
When did I say broken? soljer just posted the scans...I didnt see any damage to the bracelets (admittedly I wasn't looking with a microscope)

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
I believe he's referring to Rune King Thor, as alt. universes don't count. It was King Thor. And it happened in the storyline called, 'The Reigning.' King Thor then went back in time and prevented himself from ever usurping power over the Earth. Thus the history of 'The Reigning' became an alternate universe/timeline. Only Thor remembered the events.

Same thing happened in 'Absolute Power.' Superman and Batman, with Darkseid's assistance went back in time and prevented the renegade Legion members from ever changing history. Thus the history of 'Absolute Power' became an alternate universe/timeline. Only Superman, Batman and Darkseid remembered the events.

Same schtick and plot device. No double standard please, both are canon or both are non-canon. If canon, Cap's shield is most definitely over Wonder Woman's bracelets. If not canon, it's arguable either way which one is more durable. But since any logical person would agree that the Infinity Gauntlet and Classic Beyonder/Molecule Man's power is much greater then the entire pantheon of Skyfathers, I still think it's safe to assume Cap's shield > Wonder Woman's bracelets.

CaptainStoic
Either the bracelets are maleable, or they were deformed when Superman broke her wrist. You can clearly see the deformation of the bracelet in question, as Diana makes a mock cast out of the bracelet, before binding it with her lasso.

Master-Borg
Either the bracelets are maleable, or they were deformed when Superman broke her wrist. You can clearly see the deformation of the bracelet in question, as Diana makes a mock cast out of the bracelet, before binding it with her lasso. I believe you are referring to this scan.

Superman did no damage to it. But like you said, it does seem to change shape (becoming wider) as Diana pushes it up to encase her broken wrist. Either Diana can change its shape at will or it was poor writing. but there was no damage.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6539/job127to.jpg

suprmanvsbatman
ther is no clear damage on her bracelet it looks a bit mishapen at the side closest to her hand but would just put that down to sloppy artwork

Mindset
Originally posted by suprmanvsbatman
ther is no clear damage on her bracelet it looks a bit mishapen at the side closest to her hand but would just put that down to sloppy artwork

No, it clearly gets wider, but as it was already mentioned, maybe she can change its shape.

Evangel94
I think the question CaptainStoic is saying is

If the bracelets are maleable through Wonder Woman using her own strength to reshape the bracelets (which would imply that superman through his own strength can shape the bracelets and therefore break her wrists), then the artwork would have no need to actually draw any damage to bracelets if they are simply being re-shaped by Superman's grip.

IdiotGod
Thor only dented the Shield. He did not destroy it. Only thing that ever destroyed it was Thanos w/IG, Beyonder and I think Molecule Man.
So, those are some pretty highups to match if you want to destroy the Shield.

TricksterPriest
I think the question CaptainStoic is saying is

If the bracelets are maleable through Wonder Woman using her own strength to reshape the bracelets (which would imply that superman through his own strength can shape the bracelets and therefore break her wrists), then the artwork would have no need to actually draw any damage to bracelets if they are simply being re-shaped by Superman's grip.

However, that is not a low showing and no proof of them being weaker. Plus, the artwork is ass, so it could just be shitty artists.

h1a8
And yet it is seen in a comic that his hammer rumpled the shield.

The thing is metal can rumple another metal of more durability. For example, human bone can dent thin solid steel. Force=Pressure/Area so since the hammer had less area than the shield
and more thickness than the thin shield then with enough power the hammer can indeed dent the shield (all is required is that the Uru is somewhere in the vicinity of the shield and not necessarily tougher). Now reverse it and let the hammer be made out of the shield and the shield made of Uru. Hell, Thor has the power to nearly decimate his own Uru hammer with his godly energies. Thor would have done more than just dent the Uru shield (possibly either warp the sh!t out of it or go straight thru it). He did so when he decapitated Destroyer (which was Uru on Uru).

Combat_Guru
#1 Uru
#2 WW's Bracelets
#3 True Adamantium
#4 Vibranium
#5 Juggernaut's Skin

Superman's skin is harder than all of these.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Combat_Guru
#1 Uru
#2 WW's Bracelets
#3 True Adamantium
#4 Vibranium
#5 Juggernaut's Skin

Superman's skin is harder than all of these.

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/doing-it-wrong.jpg

janus77
the soles of Batman's boots. they harness and transmit the awesome force of the BatKick. nothing in comics is close to being as durable.

oh and juggernaut's skin isn't durable at all, the charm protecting him is pretty durable, but still... nothing significant.

I'd say Vibranium and Adamantium are about it. everything else I've seen break/crack eventually. Adamantium got retconned once Hulk broke it.

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by janus77
the soles of Batman's boots. they harness and transmit the awesome force of the BatKick. nothing in comics is close to being as durable.

oh and juggernaut's skin isn't durable at all, the charm protecting him is pretty durable, but still... nothing significant.

I'd say Vibranium and Adamantium are about it. everything else I've seen break/crack eventually. Adamantium got retconned once Hulk broke it.

The mystical metals are the hardest metals because they don't abide by the laws of physics.

janus77
yeah but, this is comic book physics, where everything is uber unless/until it's not.

in Future Imperfect, Maestro has machines called Dogs of War that "crush adamantium in 3 seconds", this is explicitly stated in the narrative as the Hulk is placed in the jaws of one and survives...

also, magic does not trump 'physics' in Marvel as the true powers in Marvel are characters like The Beyonder and MoleculeMan both of whom are pretty much matter/reality manipulators. they each would pawn all the magical characters in Marvel pretty easily I think.

it's just a forums myth that magic > "science" in comics. they're flexible, whichever 'reasoning' seems the more entertaining and interesting, that's the one comic writers will attempt to elaborate upon, imo.

Astner
Originally posted by janus77 yeah but, this is comic book physics, where everything is uber unless/until it's not.
There's comic book physics?
Because from what I've understand there's no constants, hence no actual laws.
Even gravity can vary.

janus77
well, it is more of a term for highlighting the absence of a coherent - stable - body of laws/rules for the physical plain imagined within comics smile.

xmarksthespot
When did I say broken? In your opinion if you crush an egg do you break it?

I'd love to see Captain America try and shield himself from a Pantheon of gods.

h1a8
Also Superman didn't bend WW's bracelets. If you look carefully at the part where he actually breaks her wrists his hand is above the bracelets directly on her wrists (see below). Afterwards, she pulls the bracelet up to cover her broken wrist (like a splint).

So since the bracelets withstood the force of an entire pantheon, since Uru has been destroyed by other Uru, a Skyfather, and Thor's own energies, and since CA's shield and true adamantium was at least dented before then the ranking is probably

1. WW's bracelets
2. CA's Shield
3. True Adamantium
4. Uru
5. Vibranium

Now I don't have a clue where Jugg's skin should go as I never seen his skin broken by physical force (only by magic or mystical energies). His skin is malleable though, as Thor compressed his jaw with a punch.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by h1a8
Also Superman didn't bend WW's bracelets. If you look carefully at the part where he actually breaks her wrists his hand is above the bracelets directly on her wrists (see below). Afterwards, she pulls the bracelet up to cover her broken wrist (like a splint).

So since the bracelets withstood the force of an entire pantheon, since Uru has been destroyed by other Uru, a Skyfather, and Thor's own energies, and since CA's shield and true adamantium was at least dented before then the ranking is probably

1. WW's bracelets
2. CA's Shield
3. True Adamantium
4. Uru
5. Vibranium

Now I don't have a clue where Jugg's skin should go as I never seen his skin broken by physical force (only by magic or mystical energies). His skin is malleable though, as Thor compressed his jaw with a punch.
It was King Thor. And it happened in the storyline called, 'The Reigning.' King Thor then went back in time and prevented himself from ever usurping power over the Earth. Thus the history of 'The Reigning' became an alternate universe/timeline. Only Thor remembered the events.

Same thing happened in 'Absolute Power.' Superman and Batman, with Darkseid's assistance went back in time and prevented the renegade Legion members from ever changing history. Thus the history of 'Absolute Power' became an alternate universe/timeline. Only Superman, Batman and Darkseid remembered the events.

Same schtick and plot device. No double standard please, both are canon or both are non-canon. If canon, Cap's shield is most definitely over Wonder Woman's bracelets. If not canon, it's arguable either way which one is more durable. But since any logical person would agree that the Infinity Gauntlet and Classic Beyonder/Molecule Man's power is much greater then the entire pantheon of Skyfathers, I still think it's safe to assume Cap's shield > Wonder Woman's bracelets. Nuff said. People want to keep ignoring the double standard, that's their cup of tea.

IdiotGod
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
In your opinion if you crush an egg do you break it?

I'd love to see Captain America try and shield himself from a Pantheon of gods.

He shielded himself from The Beyonder.
I think that trumps a pantheon of gods.

CaptainStoic
1. Uru Metal (Mjolnir contained a blast that would have destroyed half the universe)

2. Captain America's Shield, Superman would never be able to crush it.

3. Wonder Womans Bracelets

4. True Adamantium

5. Vibranium

Mr. Slippyfist
Uru is only as strong as the enchantment that empowers it.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Uru is only as strong as the enchantment that empowers it.

I thought that Wonder Womans bracelet's were enchanted as well... but I see your point, this is not about Mjolnir, but if it was....................

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by IdiotGod
He shielded himself from The Beyonder. If you're referring to Secret Wars, the original blast that struck the heroes wasn't directed at him alone and still killed him. That blast also left Colossus dead but "only" left him tattered. The damage done to the shield left it incredibly weak with Klaw being able to break it further, and Doom later repeatedly destroyed the CA and his shield as he brought them back through his own self-doubts.

Juntai
WW's bracelets are at the top.

Soljer
I thought that Wonder Womans bracelet's were enchanted as well... but I see your point, this is not about Mjolnir, but if it was....................

Then it still wouldn't matter because Mjolnir's been shattered on several occasions, by far less powerful forces than Diana's bracelets or Cap's shield have withstood.

Combat_Guru
The must durable substance is Superman's skin by far...

Another durable substance is a Super Saiyan's skin, which was proven when Freeza's laser beam hit Goku's face and he smiled and said, "So the monster who can destroy a planet, can't even destroy one little man."

Bad Ash231

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/jonneinhilter.png

Soljer

Another durable substance is a Super Saiyan's skin, which was proven when Freeza's laser beam hit Goku's face and he smiled and said, "So the monster who can destroy a planet, can't even destroy one little man."

Wrong on both counts, my friend.

Combat_Guru
Wrong on both counts, my friend.

Superman could take a bullet to the inside of his brain and it wouldn't hurt him.

Goku's skin isn't durable? I didn't say it was the most durable substance, just that it was durable.

Lets see you take a matter cutting laser to the face, stick out tongue

Soljer
Goku's skin isn't durable? I didn't say it was the most durable substance, just that it was durable.

Lets see you take a matter cutting laser to the face, stick out tongue

Fair enough, my friend.

I only meant to say that his skin is nothing compared to most of the objects described within this thread.

Combat_Guru
Fair enough, my friend.

I only meant to say that his skin is nothing compared to most of the objects described within this thread.

Put a little more emphasis on most, my friend, smile

Avlon
Originally posted by h1a8

1. WW's bracelets
2. CA's Shield
3. True Adamantium
4. Uru
5. Vibranium

yes

Mr Master
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7643/capix2.th.jpg

Impressive.

Milkie
People please stop saying skin because Superman has a very thin aura that protects him and it can be penetrated.

The Juggernaut has a thin magical force-field around him too but it's not as easily penetrated like Superman's

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Milkie
The Juggernaut has a thin magical force-field around him too but it's not as easily penetrated like Superman's
I don't think he does.

Milkie
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't think he does.

Well sorry but

Facts > Your Thoughts

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Juggernaut

"Besides giving him vast superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gave the Juggernaut an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury. The Juggernaut could also shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Enveloped by this field, the Juggernaut had been seen to survive the fiery explosion of a truck transporting a huge quantity of oil without any injury whatsoever. The Juggernaut could survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen thanks to his being sustained by his mystical energies alone."

Sirius77
1) Wonder womans bracelets
2)Captain America's shield
3) Classic juggernauts skin
4) True adamantium
5)Uru
6)Vibranium

janus77
Originally posted by Sirius77
1) Wonder womans bracelets
2)Captain America's shield
3) Classic juggernauts skin
4) True adamantium
5)Uru
6)Vibranium
lol
man how on earth can you even put juggernaut on the list?
nevermind ahead of vibranium and True adamantium.

juggernaut was pulped by Onslaught.

Bentley
The Cap's shield blocked a Chrona blast, and WW's bracelets were destroyed by a timetraveling plot device just like the shield. How are the bracelets stronger then? erm

Sirius77
Originally posted by janus77
lol
man how on earth can you even put juggernaut on the list?
nevermind ahead of vibranium and True adamantium.

juggernaut was pulped by Onslaught.

Classic juggernaut? iirc wolverines claws were unable to hurt him. I might be wrong, but I recall something like that.

janus77
Classic juggernaut? iirc wolverines claws were unable to hurt him. I might be wrong, but I recall something like that.
Wolverine's claws have failed on Hulk's skin too, at times. iirc.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bentley
The Cap's shield blocked a Chrona blast, and WW's bracelets were destroyed by a timetraveling plot device just like the shield. How are the bracelets stronger then? erm

Were only giving canonical evidence. I don't think crossovers are canon.
However if both the bracelets and shield were destroyed by the same type of plot device then it is probably a tie for both. So we need another measuring stick. One where one has been damaged and the other hasn't. The shield was damaged by a skyfather while the bracelets withstood an entire pantheon. That is the tie breaker.

Bentley
The shield was damaged by an skyfather in a divergent timeline, just like the one in which WW bracelets were destroyed.

The JLA/Avengers crossover is cannon.

h1a8
The Onslaught debacle is invalid. Why? Because the gem wasn't in Juggs
chest. Thus it showed that the writer didn't know anything about Juggernaut. Plus Onslaught was made out of pure psionic energy which this energy is a stated weakness for Juggernaut (by Marvel). So Onslaught didn't necessarily use physical force on Juggs (more like psionic force since he wasn't a matter/physical being).

h1a8

The JLA/Avengers crossover is cannon.

Why? Is in the forum rules? I thought forum rules said crossovers are not canon.

Bentley
The cosmic egg has been shown in the DC main universe, also there have been several mentions in Guidebooks. There is a thread about that in the comic book comic forum.

Sirius77

WW braclets have never been destroyed. Any other instances are from non canon stories...

Theyre stronger becaue they have stood up to the same things and some worse things than the shield and never been broken.

Bentley
It was King Thor. And it happened in the storyline called, 'The Reigning.' King Thor then went back in time and prevented himself from ever usurping power over the Earth. Thus the history of 'The Reigning' became an alternate universe/timeline. Only Thor remembered the events.

Same schtick and plot device. No double standard please, both are canon or both are non-canon. If canon, Cap's shield is most definitely over Wonder Woman's bracelets. If not canon, it's arguable either way which one is more durable. But since any logical person would agree that the Infinity Gauntlet and Classic Beyonder/Molecule Man's power is much greater then the entire pantheon of Skyfathers, I still think it's safe to assume Cap's shield > Wonder Woman's bracelets.

Check absolute power, is exactly the same case of the shield.

Sirius77
Check absolute power, is exactly the same case of the shield.

Technically absolute power never really 'happened'. It was an alternate timeline.

Bentley
Same with King Thor's showing on the shield.

Sirius77
Same with King Thor's showing on the shield.

Hm... true.

However, if these two points are moot, Wonder womans bracelets have still stood up to a group of skyfathers. While caps shield has not. Also, I love superman, but there is really NO way that he can crack Wonder womans bracelets... so the showing ap was PIS.

Bentley
I don't claim that Supes feat is anything else than weird-fanboyish-panel interpretation.

Either way, the shield has been destroyed only by beings way bellow skyfather, and has good showings against others on that level. If we take the Chrona feat for example, the shield has a higher showing.

Sirius77
I don't claim that Supes feat is anything else than weird-fanboyish-panel interpretation.

Either way, the shield has been destroyed only by beings way bellow skyfather, and has good showings against others on that level. If we take the Chrona feat for example, the shield has a higher showing.

If you mean krona from the crossover, I agree. However, imo, one larger showing doesnt compare to a series of regularly high ones.

Bentley
Yes, but we are talking about Wonder Woman who by function fights more powerful enemies in a regular basis than Captain America. I suppose that there are other good feats for the shield, but that would take some digging and I believe it would be hardly conclusive if I don't go the extra mile.

My point is mostly to say that there is not a definitive choice between the shield and the bracelets when it comes to resistance. Its a matter of personal choice but the shield is definitively competing with the bracelets and not several steps behind.

OneDumbG0

Either way, the shield has been destroyed only by beings way bellow skyfather, and has good showings against others on that level. If we take the Chrona feat for example, the shield has a higher showing. When has the shield been destroyed by beings way below skyfather? Am I reading this right?

You discount both the King Thor storyline, 'The Reigning' and Superman busting the bracelets in two punches in 'Absolute Power,' then Cap's shield has only been destroyed by classic Beyonder's power, the Infinity Gauntlet and classic Molecule Man's power. Those three examples are WAY above skyfather and even skyfather pantheon level.

So then you have conjecture because there really is nothing directly comparable unless you delve into alternate timelines or crossovers (which everyone agrees Cap's shield wins out). But personally, I don't like alternate timelines or crossovers myself, so I admit that it's debateable either way. But I've never seen Captain America mention that his shield was on the verge of breaking... ever. Whereas here, Superman is once again possessed by rage, courtesy of Circe this time, and is beatin on Wonder Woman in a canon comic (#152?), notice the highlighted thought bubble, hmph:

Bentley
I wrote bellow instead of above, my bad.

English hurting.

wolverex84
I personally think that force fields at the highest degree settings in general are the main and highest level of durablity.. starting form mystical force field (eg cyttorak's juggernauts energy field, captian britain, wonderwoman's bracelet, shazam, uru.. etc), scientific , ( galactus force fields that can withstand intergalactic forces, queser, ion energy field of the green lantan ring, krang etc,), bioforce fields at highest degree setting (unus, superman, hyperion, gladiator, and low level energy field like diamond lil's etc ). so my overall list:
Mystical force fields ( depending on the sorce orginating the field )
cosmic forcefields ( galactus )
Scientific force fields ( max, max !!!, unus terren mist, )
cap's sheild
adamantium
bioforce field ( max level !!!!! )
vibranium
density control ( vision maximum density 90 tons!!! etc )
everything else lover can vary from diamond hard skin (daimond lil) , thing, luck cage unbreakable skin, hulks rubber hard skin, mr fantastic elasticity etc

well thats what i can see for now..

Sirius77
When has the shield been destroyed by beings way below skyfather? Am I reading this right?

You discount both the King Thor storyline, 'The Reigning' and Superman busting the bracelets in two punches in 'Absolute Power,' then Cap's shield has only been destroyed by classic Beyonder's power, the Infinity Gauntlet and classic Molecule Man's power. Those three examples are WAY above skyfather and even skyfather pantheon level.

So then you have conjecture because there really is nothing directly comparable unless you delve into alternate timelines or crossovers (which everyone agrees Cap's shield wins out). But personally, I don't like alternate timelines or crossovers myself, so I admit that it's debateable either way. But I've never seen Captain America mention that his shield was on the verge of breaking... ever. Whereas here, Superman is once again possessed by rage, courtesy of Circe this time, and is beatin on Wonder Woman in a canon comic (#152?), notice the highlighted thought bubble, hmph:

Absolute power was a divergent timeline that never really happened. And even if it did, it would be PIS if superman did break the bracelets.

And her bracelets never showed signs of breaking despite what she said. They never have. Her arms might have, but her bracelets seemed fine.

OneDumbG0
Absolute power was a divergent timeline that never really happened. And even if it did, it would be PIS if superman did break the bracelets.

And her bracelets never showed signs of breaking despite what she said. They never have. Her arms might have, but her bracelets seemed fine. Yes. We have been through this before. The same thing happened in 'The Reigning.' The point I made was that were you to count timelines that never really happened, or crossovers, Cap's shield wins this contest, hands down.

Well, that's what you say, all I know is what Wonder Woman herself said, "Two more blows like that and he'll kill me. Even my bracelets can only withstand blows like that for so long." I can't really find any feasible way to twist those words into anything else then what they clearly are. Wonder Woman knows what she's talking about.

wolverex84
sorry about the spelling guys, just needed to send a reply as fast as i could lol. well the reason force fields are number one in my opinion is because of the concept of the amount of force and punishment they can take... all depends on how much power or the source of where the force that powers the force field originated from. If you look at characters with some sort of field or aura protection, they are always high, a 6 or 7 on the durability scale, anyway the reason metals like adamantium and caps shield lose to force fields is because at the end of the day they are simply metals or what most people call them " super-metals ", they will win if you are talking about hardness, but all metals have some sort of weakness, the weakness are alot more than force fields.. adamantium and cap shield can be destroyed.. when the force if greater than its atomic bonds. hence that's why magneto can manipulate adamantium, and it can be destroyed my nuclear weapons of well over 100 megatons of force, but force fields can withstand that if again the source powering the field is legit. So force fields are the most durable.. the only way to stop the fields are usually to disable the power source. As you can see, all materials can be destroyed, its just that before the highest level of force fields energy bonds are broken, hence, adamantium, vibanium and cap's shield would be long demolecularized..

Sirius77
Yes. We have been through this before. The same thing happened in 'The Reigning.' The point I made was that were you to count timelines that never really happened, or crossovers, Cap's shield wins this contest, hands down.

Which, we dont coun non canonical events...

If we did, Wonder womans bracelets would still win. The shield has one showing that is over Wonder womans bracelets that is not canon. And one showing does put something over a series of ridiculous showings.

Well, that's what you say, all I know is what Wonder Woman herself said, "Two more blows like that and he'll kill me. Even my bracelets can only withstand blows like that for so long." I can't really find any feasible way to twist those words into anything else then what they clearly are. Wonder Woman knows what she's talking about.

He would have killed her. Her bracelets would have been fine. They only cover her arms. The rest of her body is exposed. It wouldnt make sense that a pantheon couldnt scratch them, but nineties Superman could? Thats why any showing where Superman breaks her bracelets is PIS.

Evangel94
Hmmm.....then I am going with Captain America's shield.

OneDumbG0
Which, we dont coun non canonical events...

If we did, Wonder womans bracelets would still win. The shield has one showing that is over Wonder womans bracelets that is not canon. And one showing does put something over a series of ridiculous showings.Are you kidding me? If you count non-canonical events, then Cap's shield wins this contest by miles. Two Superman punches for goodness' sake!
He would have killed her. Her bracelets would have been fine. They only cover her arms. The rest of her body is exposed. It wouldnt make sense that a pantheon couldnt scratch them, but nineties Superman could? Thats why any showing where Superman breaks her bracelets is PIS. What makes you say that the Olympian pantheon couldn't scratch the bracelets? They weren't even trying to kill her. They just needed her to deflect their power and angle it a little bit into a focal point. Bloodlusted, Circe-bewitched Superman raining blow after blow on the bracelets? Not quite the same context.

I think people are beginning to mischaracterize her feat as if every skyfather was attacking her and she defended herself against a focused attack. Here are the scans. What happens is that the Olympian pantheon (minus Ares, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon) focus their power and she deflects it towards Zeus's, Hades's, and Poseidon's weapons, whereupon it goes more ballistic and so forth:

1. http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection11xw.jpg
2. http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection25hf.jpg
3. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection34yb.jpg
4. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection40gj.jpg

Besides, the original Aegis was destroyed twice before it was ever reforged into the bracelets. Personally, I am not very surprised that a bloodlusted Superman could shatter the bracelets eventually. And apparently, Wonder Woman admits that in a canon comic.

Sirius77
Are you kidding me? If you count non-canonical events, then Cap's shield wins this contest by miles. Two Superman punches for goodness' sake!
What makes you say that the Olympian pantheon couldn't scratch the bracelets? They weren't even trying to kill her. They just needed her to deflect their power and angle it a little bit into a focal point. Bloodlusted, Circe-bewitched Superman raining blow after blow on the bracelets? Not quite the same context.

What are these feats that makes the shield "win by miles"?

And two superman punches magically amped Superman punches? How about one thor punch?

And the olympian pantheon probably couldnt. Look at the kronos arc. And thats saying something.

I think people are beginning to mischaracterize her feat as if every skyfather was attacking her and she defended herself against a focused attack. Here are the scans. What happens is that the Olympian pantheon (minus Ares, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon) focus their power and she deflects it towards Zeus's, Hades's, and Poseidon's weapons, whereupon it goes more ballistic and so forth:

1. http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection11xw.jpg
2. http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection25hf.jpg
3. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection34yb.jpg
4. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww21deflection40gj.jpg

Besides, the original Aegis was destroyed twice before it was ever reforged into the bracelets. Personally, I am not very surprised that a bloodlusted Superman could shatter the bracelets eventually. And apparently, Wonder Woman admits that in a canon comic.

The bracelets took the power of half a pantheon and deflected it. That is not a small feat no matter how you spin it.

And if you are not surprised that a bloodlusted Superman can shatter them, then you need to re-read every Superman comic that you have. It was PIS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.