Anyone know how to sleep after drinking coffee?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LilyMaree
I'm basically just studying right now.
It's 12.48am, and I drank coffee at 10.45-11.15pm-ish.

Exams on Monday. erm

Anyone know how to go to sleep? Cause I'm really... aching all over and I want to sleep. I've got class in 7 hours too messed

Schecter
you cannot sleep while wired on coffee. unless perhaps you countered it with some sort of depressant, but i certainly wouldnt recommend that.

The big EH
donnt drink it

Kumori Okami
drink decaf if you have to, though i don't recommend that. it has less flavour.

The big EH
put some coke in it stick out tongue

Melcórë
In the event that this problem should occur again, cf. this thread. wink

Kelly_Bean
I drink caffeine everyday and sometimes have a hard time going to sleep so I just lay there and close my eyes..it's basically the only thnig you can do if you don't have any medicine that will make you drowsy or any sleeping pills.

Prabhodh
Diazapam

ragesRemorse
Keeping drinking it until Caffeine no longer gives you increased energy.

caedusrulesall
Caffeine is a stimulant, and it's very difficult to sleep if you've had enough of it.

However, I offer you a suggestion for study skills: cramming or pulling an all-nighter are actually bad study habits, as you absorb much less information and process it slower when tired. A better idea is to read it over a few times then go to bed, for the reasons of:

A) You won't be as tired, and your mind will absorb more information
B) The time that your brain takes to process the information will happen while you are sleeping

So it's in your best interest not to go all night if you have an exam.

No idea how you'd get to sleep now though...

GCG
Erm..................I think he or she is now sleeping

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by GCG
Erm..................I think he or she is now sleeping

They're suggestions for future times when this may happen.

Dorian Belmont
lay down close your eyse and clear your mind of everything but the sound of your breathing ....in about ten minutes or so your brain will switch from alpha waves to beta waves and youll fall asleep

kinda like the screen saver on your computer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.