Favorite Sam Raimi Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Toku King
Sam Raimi, in my own humble opinion, is one of Hollywood's greatest directors.
So, out of all of his films, what do you find to be his best?

Arachnid1
Spiderman.

The first movie.

Toku King
I'm going to go with "Spider-Man" as well. It just felt so perfect in every way. Not even "Spider-Man 2" was as good, in my opinion.
The ultimate superhero film. It's also the film that made me fall in love with Raimi's work.

BlackC@
Spider-Man 3 was awful. I couldn't believe how much the series' quality had declined compared to the second.

A lot of the time Raimi substitutes action for drama. It usually doesn't work, if a movie like Spider-Man doesn't have enough action then audiences wont enjoy it.

Impediment
Evil Dead 2, hands down. Evil Dead 1 and Army of Darkness a close 2nd.

Spider-Man 2, in my opinion, was also pretty good. The first was bearable, and 3 was god-awful.

jaden101
darkman...by a royal mile

Schecter
crimewave

^^^
WIN

kodak
Originally posted by Impediment
Evil Dead 2, hands down. Evil Dead 1 and Army of Darkness a close 2nd.

thumb up

ragesRemorse
Spiderman 2 for it's technical craftsmanship. Army of Darkness for it's personality

SnakeEyes
Spider-Man 2.

Althought Army of Darkness will always hold a special place in my heart.

The Quick and the Dead is decent if I'm bored.

MildPossession
I wouldn't go that far.

Anyway, my favourites from the director:

Evil Dead 1 and 2, naturally!! A Simple Plan was quite decent from what I can remember. Not too keen on the Spiderman movies.

Toku King
Originally posted by MildPossession
I wouldn't go that far.

MildPossession
Yes, I can read.

Blax_Hydralisk
Liar.

exanda kane

Schecter
Originally posted by exanda kane
Army of Darkness is one of his best though.

ironic since it really wasnt that good. funny, yes, but nowhere near as good as evil dead 2

BackFire
I think the first Evil Dead is the best.

The whole series is great, though.

regina414
Evil Dead and Spider-Man trilogies.

WrathfulDwarf
Darkman and Evil Dead 1 and 2. After that he sucks.....

=Tired Hiker=
Army Of Darkness, then The Quick And The Dead. The Spider-Man films were a mistake. I can't wait until they start that franchise over and do it right.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Schecter
ironic since it really wasnt that good.

exactly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolfie
Evil Dead 2, love the whole series though. Darkman and Spider-Man are good too.

Kazenji
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
The Spider-Man films were a mistake. I can't wait until they start that franchise over and do it right.

Wow............a mr parker supporter roll eyes (sarcastic)

As for this thread The evil dead trilogy, Darkman and all the spider-man films.

Rogue Jedi
Evil dead films, and I liked the spidey films.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Kazenji

As for this thread The evil dead trilogy, Darkman and all the spider-man films.

Yeah, I've agreed with him on his opinions of Spider-Man for several years now, where have you been?

Mr Parker
obviously lost in space. I can name many posters at this site that agree with us on that. just because they dont have their sigs on their screens to advertise their disgust for the movies such as you, doesnt mean theres not a lot of them out there on this site that share our agreements. sheesh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Toku King
Originally posted by Kazenji

Wait, so he can't have an opinion? While I disagree with him greatly, it's his own opinion, and I respect it as much as the next person's. Maybe you should too.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Toku King
Wait, so he can't have an opinion? While I disagree with him greatly, it's his own opinion, and I respect it as much as the next person's. Maybe you should too.

now what are babbling about? you agree with him on what he posted to hiker, so dont give me this you disagree with him nonsense.you obviously agree with him.same old nonsense stuff.thats why your not worth bothering with.I knew i would regret it if I peeked at what you said.also as I said before,maybe you should look further back at that other thread to see how your buddy A.C starts flame wars with people like he did with FIST OF NORTH earlier there on that thread and not ignore it when I mention many people here hate him because of that before siding with some flamer like you did. roll eyes (sarcastic) side with that other guy who spoke to hiker all you want,but you side with A.C. who flames people for disagreeing with him,you shoudl expect a hostile response. roll eyes (sarcastic) seems like you want just keep carrying a grude match that happened over two weeks ago on still as evidenced on that other thread and here. roll eyes (sarcastic) back to ignore.

Alpha Centauri
How is he allowed to take people off ignore just to flame them, and not get a warning?

-AC

Mr Parker
btw it was pretty stupid for that guy to bring that up anyways just because Hiker mentioned that.uncalled for as well.havent spoke to him in YEARS because of uncalled for things like that.See I got no problem that Rogue Jedi and Arachind1 liked it,they debate with me in mature ways unlike you and A.C. as for the thread,Evil Dead movies.

BruceSkywalker
Love the Evil Dead movies and the Spiderman franchise.

Alpha Centauri
My favourite Sam Raimi movie:

Spider-Man. Best film he's ever done. I honestly believe that, because before I saw it I thought it'd be shit, as I didn't ever like him as a director.

-AC

Toku King
Originally posted by Mr Parker
now what are babbling about? you agree with him on what he posted to hiker, so dont give me this you disagree with him nonsense.you obviously agree with him.same old nonsense stuff.thats why your not worth bothering with.I knew i would regret it if I peeked at what you said.also as I said before,maybe you should look further back at that other thread to see how your buddy A.C starts flame wars with people like he did with FIST OF NORTH earlier there on that thread and not ignore it when I mention many people here hate him because of that before siding with some flamer like you did. roll eyes (sarcastic) side with that other guy who spoke to hiker all you want,but you side with A.C. who flames people for disagreeing with him,you shoudl expect a hostile response. roll eyes (sarcastic) seems like you want just keep carrying a grude match that happened over two weeks ago on still as evidenced on that other thread and here. roll eyes (sarcastic) back to ignore.

I respected your opinions up until the point you called me stupid and brainwashed.

EDIT: And I love how you say I'm somehow flaming you, while all I did was stick up for someone. And besides, what are you doing right now?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Toku King
I respected your opinions up until the point you called me stupid and brainwashed.

EDIT: And I love how you say I'm somehow flaming you, while all I did was stick up for someone. And besides, what are you doing right now?

I think you were sticking up for me, right? confused

Toku King
I think you were sticking up for me, right? confused

Yes.

Toku King
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
My favourite Sam Raimi movie:

Spider-Man. Best film he's ever done. I honestly believe that, because before I saw it I thought it'd be shit, as I didn't ever like him as a director.

-AC

It was actually the film that got me interested in comic books.
Before the movie, all I saw were the Spider-an cartoons(which I hated), and thought all comic book heroes were lame.
But the first "Spider-Man" movie completely blew my mind. I saw comics and superheroes in such a different light after that.
Heck, not too long after the movie, I bought my very first tpb(which I still have), and enjoyed it intensely.
And one of the first comics I ever read was ASM #39, which was in the tpb.

Micheal_Myers
Evil Dead 1 and 2 along with the Spiderman films.

darthivader
lol, I was just about to post of Mr Parker not reading this thread...guess I was wrong, lol

Toku King
Originally posted by darthivader
lol, I was just about to post of Mr Parker not reading this thread...guess I was wrong, lol

That's like Rosie O' Donnel being a *****: It has to happen.

Lord Shadow Z
Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness

FlappingMangera
Army of Darkness

ScarletSpeed
Army Of Darkness, then The Quick And The Dead. The Spider-Man films were a mistake. I can't wait until they start that franchise over and do it right.

seconded...Man-Spider movies were a total mistake,should and probably will get remade in the future...my favourite movie of Sam Raimis is Evil Dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.