The Official Thread For The Great Force Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The big EH
thats right ad Obi of the Wan said unto Luke, the force is what binds us surrunds us penetrates us.....let he force flow though you and guide your movement

The big EH

The big EH

chickenlover98
wow dude, you should really convert to a real religion like the church of norris or pastafarianism

The big EH
norris is a fasle prophet and i dont even know wat pastafarianism would be

chickenlover98
Originally posted by The big EH
norris is a fasle prophet and i dont even know wat pastafarianism would be norris isnt a prophet he is all powerfull.

this is pastafarianism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastafarianism

The big EH
oooooh

Blax_Hydralisk
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z319/H4ACN/facepalm.jpg

The big EH
damn alot of people have headaches, they should take extra strength advil

Blax_Hydralisk
Fool. They should meditate within the force to heal their headaches.

HAVE WE TAUGHT YOU NOTHING!? *slaps*

The big EH
Ow!*rubs spot where slapped* *force pushes back* *****

Blax_Hydralisk
Ha. I'm an Atheist. You're force can't harm me, because it can't be scientifically proven to be real!

*Goes off on a long, boring lecture about why I'm smarter then you, and how the world would be better off without the force*

The big EH
*falls asleep, but jolts awake* i'm sorry i have this rare condition where bullshit makes me fall asleep

Blax_Hydralisk
pffffffffffft.

You're such a sheep, ya know that? SHEEP! It will be Science that will save us, not Religion. Look at the buclear bomb for an exam- wait.

The big EH
lol exactly, i never said god will save us, i said the force will

Blax_Hydralisk
AND THAT'S WHY YOU'RE A SHEEEEEP.

Force doesn't exist. Science proves this. What my feeble human intellect can't comprehend, doesn't exist.

Shakyamunison
lol exactly, i never said god will save us, i said the force will
You should take some time and learn about Buddhism.

Blax_Hydralisk
Don't do it EH. It's a trap.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Don't do it EH. It's a trap.

*Ties Blax_Hydralisk up with duck tape*

Blax_Hydralisk
A trap! A mmff mfmfmm!!

The big EH
mida-chlorians ar theonly ruth nto the universe

dadudemon

what?

FAIL! mad

Shakyamunison

Star Wars religion was a bad mix of Christianity and Buddhism.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Star Wars religion was a mix of Christianity and Buddhism.

Fixed it for ya. wink

chickenlover98
Ha. I'm an Atheist. You're force can't harm me, because it can't be scientifically proven to be real!

*Goes off on a long, boring lecture about why I'm smarter then you, and how the world would be better off without the force* post more often in this forum i never see ya blax. ya know your flare could be used here.

Deja~vu
This thread..........HAHAHAHAHA. laughing out loud

Believe my way, it's better...There is one force with to polars. That's the way it is, yep.

DigiMark007
I think this was made some time ago, and they actually did a better job giving it some credit.

It's very much similar to Buddhism/Taoism, just insert "The Force" for "The Tao" or "Enlightenment," but it also gives people an excuse to dress up like Jedi. Silly, sure, but as a philosophy, one could do a lot worse.

I think at some point, Europe took a census, and enough people responded "Jedi" to their religion that various countries recognize it as an official, though minority, religion. Maybe that's just a myth, though, since I've never seen the rumor confirmed.

I think this is their official site:
http://www.thejediismway.org/

Ushgarak
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Maybe that's just a myth, though, since I've never seen the rumor confirmed.

It's a TOTAL myth. No such thing ever happened or could happen- no census in any of the countries that the myth speaks of actually has the ability to create a new religion., They simply note that people responded that way, in the same way a certain amount of people respond with 'up yours' and so on.

Storm
"Jedi Knight" being given its own code merely means that it has been registered as a common answer to the "religion" statistic.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
Fixed it for ya. wink

eek! Broke it, more like. stick out tongue

Schecter
id rather be sith

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's a TOTAL myth. No such thing ever happened or could happen- no census in any of the countries that the myth speaks of actually has the ability to create a new religion., They simply note that people responded that way, in the same way a certain amount of people respond with 'up yours' and so on.

Originally posted by Storm
"Jedi Knight" being given its own code merely means that it has been registered as a common answer to the "religion" statistic.

Basically what Storm said. You make "starting a religion" sound like it is more involves than just gathering adherents. It's basically like any other cult (i.e. religion) that has started off as a social meme, then congeals into an official dogma (or in Jediism's case, semi-official). Get enough people to answer as such on a census, and it becomes officially recognized, even without places of worship or a centralized governing body.

So yeah, people might write "up yours" but that doesn't invalidate the numbers that answered "Jedi." Some likely did it as a joke, but there are a number of people who take it seriously as a philosophical doctrine. It's not bat-sh*t crazy like believing in Jedi, Sith, etc. in a literal sense (though the discussion boards are amusing) but it mainly just borrows heavily from established Eastern traditions, then injects some sci-fi flair into it.

Again, maybe the rumor I heard is a lie. But I think it's far more plausible than you're making it out to be.

Storm
The code does not confer on it the status of official recognition.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Storm
The code does not confer on it the status of official recognition.

thumb up

Mark Question
There's a few books written about it: "The Dharma of Star Wars , The Tao of Star Wars, Finding God in a Galaxy Far, Far Away: A Spiritual Exploration of the Star Wars Saga, Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters, and the list continues..."

Deja~vu
And you can be pulled to either side of the force. It's all free will. big grin

dadudemon
eek! Broke it, more like. stick out tongue

As you can tell, I am a Stars Wars fan. I have lost one game of Star Wars trivial pursuit and that was because I lost by one question. (Neimoidians was the answer.)

Originally posted by Schecter
id rather be sith

Internet badassery FTW.

However, there is literal merit to following the Sith teachings.

Shakyamunison
As you can tell, I am a Stars Wars fan. I have lost one game of Star Wars trivial pursuit and that was because I lost by one question. (Neimoidians was the answer.)

Sorry to hear that. wink

Schecter

Internet badassery FTW.

you really are stupid, huh?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
you really are stupid, huh?
Yes, he is, but we tolerate him nonetheless.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Yes, he is, but we tolerate him nonetheless.

That's what we say about you. stick out tongue

queeq
Is this thread for real???

Schecter
well, to debate that we'd have to move this to the philosophy forum.

WrathfulDwarf
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z319/H4ACN/facepalm.jpg

hahaha....I'm soooo gonna steal that one.

queeq
well, to debate that we'd have to move this to the philosophy forum.

Or the BS forum.

Schecter
there's a Bantha Sperm forum?

chickenlover98
this threads a joke laughing

queeq
there's a Bantha Sperm forum?

Yup and this belongs there.

This thread goes against everything I became a Star Wars for and not a Trekkie.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by queeq
Yup and this belongs there.

This thread goes against everything I became a Star Wars for and not a Trekkie.

You are a Star Wars? confused

Devil King

Which would mean that George Lucas shat on his own little made up religion by making it all about an accident of birth.

Schecter
Originally posted by Devil King
Which would mean that George Lucas shat on his own little made up religion by making it all about an accident of birth.

thaaaaaaaank you.

yeah, midichlorians suck...and so does the whole PT. colossal fail...like this thread

queeq
Yup.

Blax_Hydralisk
Neg.

Mark Question
Lucas has made enough money... He doesn't need to go the scientology route with it.

ushomefree
"How is belief in God any different from Flying Spaghetti Monsterism?"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ushomefree
"How is belief in God any different from Flying Spaghetti Monsterism?"

You missed the point. Fail.

The big EH
Originally posted by chickenlover98
this threads a joke laughing actually yes, yes it is

Deja~vu
Good, I love jokes.. big grin

ushomefree
What point did I miss?

Shakyamunison
What point did I miss?

Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is not a religion. It is a commentary.

anaconda
the point

ushomefree
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism--Pastafarianism--is not simply defined as "commentary." The implications of such are not to be taken under that premise, and you know that. Pastafarianism was prescribed to mock theistic views as irrelevant.

anaconda
and what gave you the idea that it was anything else but a mock?????????????? so where is the flute palying screaming man of the good the bad and the ugly when we need him to make a vocal entrance

Shakyamunison
Flying Spaghetti Monsterism--Pastafarianism--is not simply defined as "commentary." The implications of such are not to be taken under that premise, and you know that. Pastafarianism was prescribed to mock theistic views as irrelevant.

OMG You believe it is real! OMG blink

Shakyamunison
OMG You believe it is real! OMG blink

hysterical

Devil King
Since Mr. Free has decided that this thread should be held in equal standing with his own religious threads, we'll address his serious rebutal to those who do not think christianity is worthy:

1-Recent Pew polls demonstrate that it is NOT rare and that the religious doctrine that governs those Americans who do believe have been more than willing to pick up and abandon those doctrines and beliefs when it suited the circumstances of their very human lives.

2-And there are as many that refute the Christian god's existence at all, or the paramaters under which you, via the website you use to counter, place him.

3-The Christian God is a coherent explaination which comfortably satisfies the expectations of christians. Their desire to uphold their own ideology without substantive evidence defies logic, why morality is objective so long as it is their own, and ignores that religion is not ubiquitous.

4- Belief in the Christian god is satisfying to some, but hardly rational to all.
1-4: Those who don't truly believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster are also not satisfied by your supposedly rational and well-thought validation for Christianity. But because they dismiss it via something so absurd as a flyng spaghetti monster, you think them incapable of understanding your rational arguments.

Quark_666
OMG You believe it is real! OMG blink No he doesn't.

EDIT: oops for a second there I thought you thought he really did!

Deja~vu
Look at it like this. There are polars to everything, yet there are not. There are only degrees of this polarity. Where do you draw the line from hot to cold, good to evil, and so on. They are the same force or feeling but in different degrees. Where can you draw the line between dark and light? They are the same cause/source, yet different degrees of it.

Religion tries to make things such opposite degrees, when it is of the same substance.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Quark_666
No he doesn't.

EDIT: oops for a second there I thought you thought he really did!

I wouldn't put it past him. wink

ushomefree
What did I state for you to assume that I hold Flying Spaghetti Monsterism--Pastafarianism--true (or a belief that persons actually practice?) All I stated was that Pastafarianism "mocks" theistic views as irrelevant; but answer my question please.

Devil King
What did I state for you to assume that I hold Flying Spaghetti Monsterism--Pastafarianism--true (or a belief that persons actually practice?) All I stated was that Pastafarianism "mocks" theistic views as irrelevant; but answer my question please.

And I can assume you're answering mine.

DigiMark007

Only a truly irrational Christian would feel the need to openly combat Pastafarianism, as is evidenced by that article you posted.

LOTS of things mock religious belief. Not just Christianity but any belief system. Live with it and move on. Because the list of reasons why Pastafarianism isn't true just becomes absurd when you realize no one is actually taking it seriously, except of course for the Christians who become insulted every time someone questions their beliefs, and feel the need to debunk internet fads.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

But knock down the straw men all you want...I'm sure it helps.

dadudemon
Only a truly irrational Christian would feel the need to openly combat Pastafarianism.

LOTS of things mock religious belief. Not just Christianity but any belief system. Live with it and move on. Because the list of reasons why Pastafarianism isn't true just becomes absurd when you realize no one is actually taking it seriously, except of course for the Christians who become insulted every time someone questions their beliefs, and feel the need to debunk internet fads.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

But knock down the straw men all you want...I'm sure it helps.

What are you doing up so late?

Shakyamunison

The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not "mock" theistic views as irrelevant. It draws a comparison. Christianity looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster to people who are not Christian. So, in my opinion, the god of the bible is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Devil King
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the god of the bible. That's the whole point. That's why the only people who take the Flying Spaghetti Monster parallel seriously are the christians.

The big EH
no the whole point of the Spaghetti thing is to basically say "hey i have beliefs, mine can be true, why not teach them in school" as thats when it was created, it's whole purpose of existence is because in some hick town they were going to stop teaching any science that contradicted the bible and in place theach the bible during science class (i.e. big bang, and evolution replaced with Big gang bang and intellegent creation)

anaconda
Vader for god

Ushgarak
Basically what Storm said. You make "starting a religion" sound like it is more involves than just gathering adherents. It's basically like any other cult (i.e. religion) that has started off as a social meme, then congeals into an official dogma (or in Jediism's case, semi-official). Get enough people to answer as such on a census, and it becomes officially recognized, even without places of worship or a centralized governing body.

So yeah, people might write "up yours" but that doesn't invalidate the numbers that answered "Jedi." Some likely did it as a joke, but there are a number of people who take it seriously as a philosophical doctrine. It's not bat-sh*t crazy like believing in Jedi, Sith, etc. in a literal sense (though the discussion boards are amusing) but it mainly just borrows heavily from established Eastern traditions, then injects some sci-fi flair into it.

Again, maybe the rumor I heard is a lie. But I think it's far more plausible than you're making it out to be.

Sorry, no. Absolutely not. What Storm said was agreeing with me, as she confirmed just afterwards. Statistically speaking, the record of the result is no more significant, nor treated any differently, from the 'up yours' example. And you completely mis-read what we said if you think that it somehow became 'officially recognised'. That could not be further from the truth.

I'll make this absolutely 100% clear- there is absolutely no recognition in any western country of The Force, or being a Jedi, as a religion, and there is absolutely no input whatsoever from the census into such an idea, nor COULD there be any such input.

It is such a silly rumour that it does need to be absolutely shot dead every time it raises its head. There is no maybe about it. It IS a lie. It's not sensible to believe such trash.

Schecter
besides, its ridiculous to believe that anyone would create a serious religion based on a science fiction story shifty

Zeal Ex Nihilo
besides, its ridiculous to believe that anyone would create a serious religion based on a science fiction series that got really shitty with three prequels shifty

Schecter
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo

didnt expect you to miss it....anyone else?

Deja~vu
Am I the only really smart person here?? blink

Echo, echo, echoooo....

Schecter
Originally posted by Deja~vu

Echo, echo, echoooo....

remember when you asked "how did you know?"

well...

Echo, echo, echoooo....

Deja~vu
laughing out loud

Shakyamunison

Echo, echo, echoooo....

Invalid question. laughing

Quark_666

Echo, echo, echoooo.... Um, not to be to forward but......ahem.......hello! cool

chickenlover98
Um, not to be to forward but......ahem.......hello! cool laughing

Shakyamunison
Um, not to be to forward but......ahem.......hello! cool

And he's modest. eek! laughing

queeq
Quite a catch.

Shakyamunison
Quite a catch.

Be careful, I hear he's a Mormon. whistle

dadudemon
Be careful, I hear he's a Mormon. whistle

He's Mormon? Man...keep those blood sacrificing, extra bible quacks away from me.

Deja~vu
Quite a catch. Am I? ::confused

You like my wits?

Quark_666
Be careful, I hear he's a Mormon. whistle A particularly dangerous Mormon...

dadudemon
You like my wits?

Yes, he probably likes your t*ts. shifty

queeq
I know I do. wink

Deja~vu
Get back in your Pub... mad

Shakyamunison
Get back in your Pub... mad

Pub? Is that were the great force is?

Robtard
thats right ad Obi of the Wan said unto Luke, the force is what binds us surrunds us penetrates us.....let the force flow though you and guide your movement

Can't be bothered to read the posts, but if no one has mentioned it yet, that is extremely erotic.

Quark_666
Pub? Is that were the great force is?
Beer.

Shakyamunison
Beer.

Dark Beer.droolio

queeq
And light beer.... It holds the universe together.

Quark_666
Thus is born the theology of beerhism. How many new religions are we gonna create here on KMC anyway?

Shakyamunison
And light beer.... It holds the universe together.

Light beer, might as well be water. stick out tongue

Deja~vu
LOL...beerism........hahahahha

Tastes like crap to me.. sad

Shakyamunison

Tastes like crap to me.. sad

You beer heathen.

giljotiini

Quark_666

Tastes like crap to me.. sad Smells like religion to me.

Deja~vu
I like my religion with little umbrellas.. happy

Quark_666
I like my religion with little umbrellas.. happy I like my religion with Roast Catholicism on the side smokin'

JK, Catholicism is all right these days!

Shakyamunison

Sacrilegious.beer

Quark_666
Sacrilegious.beer Don't loose respect or teh beer.

Deja~vu
I'm starting a new church. It's the "First Church of RA" And it is the first one too.

Everyone put on your tee shirts.

Worship the Sun God for he is the fun God...RA RA RA!

beer

Shakyamunison
I'm starting a new church. It's the "First Church of RA"

beer

No, you have to take everything off. If you are a Sun worship, you need to have the sun hit all of your body.

Deja~vu
I'm a sun worshiper....*goes and tans self* happy

Quark_666
I'm starting a new church. It's the "First Church of RA" And it is the first one too.

beer
How many new religions are we gonna create here on KMC anyway?

No, you have to take everything off. If you are a Sun worship, you need to have the sun hit all of your body. I'm all for making an exception in Shaky's case!

Shakyamunison

I don't believe you. Please provide proof. laughing out loud

Quark_666
I don't believe you. Please provide proof. laughing out loud I'm happy to believe YOU though...

Shakyamunison
I'm happy to believe YOU though...

laughing I think you do protest too much. laughing

Quark_666
laughing I think you do protest too much. laughing sadangel

chickenlover98
I'm a sun worshiper....*goes and tans self* happy you must tan in the city streets evil face

Deja~vu
I want to go on the roof where I can be close to RA.. love

Charmed_Phoebe

now now Tante, you must not worship a sun God. There is only ONE God and he loves me more than you! laughing

Deja~vu
That's not what he told me.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Charmed_Phoebe
God loves us all TANTE...remember I am a Indigo child eek! stick out tongue

Deja~vu
you are right, God does love you more! I am so wrong in my ways...!

The big EH
you know i have one picture that proves everything

this is the original painting but he changed it later, if you look closely at the current one jesus looks like mark hamill with longer hair and a long beard......it's true

Robtard

So do most Christians, they use it to shade away the parts that don't agree with their agenda at any given point.

Robtard
you know i have one picture that proves everything

this is the original painting but he changed it later, if you look closely at the current one jesus looks like mark hamill with longer hair and a long beard......it's true

WTF, your religion did away with Judas, you can't have a religion without a betrayer. You also turned John into a chic, despite John looking like a chic who's swooning over a dirty old man, Peter.

Edit: Unless of course Chewbacca is supposed to be he betrayer, which is JUST WRONG, a wookie would never do such a thing.

queeq
Wasn't Anakin the traitor?

Robtard
Wasn't Anakin the traitor?

Then Vader's positioning in wrong, he's in Thomas' spot.

Deja~vu
It was power........love you ugly dad... laughing out loud

queeq
Originally posted by Robtard
Then Vader's positioning in wrong, he's in Thomas' spot.

I didn't make it.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Robtard
So do most Christians, they use it to shade away the parts that don't agree with their agenda at any given point. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.