Fun Comic Battle Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
http://www.comicvine.com/powers/

Just pick a character and click "go battle".

Superman is tog dog right now on the list, and surprisingly (or not) Storm and Hulk are #3 and #4, respectively.

DigiMark007
That site is good for listing a character's appearances every now and then, but not much else. It's even more of a mindless popularity contest than Marvel's new user-edited ratings on their official site.

Still, good for a laugh.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
That site is good for listing a character's appearances every now and then, but not much else. It's even more of a mindless popularity contest than Marvel's new user-edited ratings on their official site.

Still, good for a laugh. I figured it was based on popularity...but it's odd that Rogue and Wondra are ranked above Spiderman and Wolverine.

willRules
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Still, good for a laugh.

It's also a good database for bios, covers and images yes

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Master-Borg
I figured it was based on popularity...but it's odd that Rogue and Wondra are ranked above Spiderman and Wolverine.

I think it's mostly due to a lack of hits. And not everyone that does it is likely a complete fanboy.

But mainly I just ignore the rankings. It's a decent site occasionally for bios and appearances, like I said, but any coherent comic fan can browse through the list and see the glaring inaccuracies, which basically invalidates all of it.

And sometimes there's misleading questions. Say it's between Raven and Superman: they'll have questions like "Who wins if they only use their magic?" Or "emotion manipulation." You have to answer Raven, even though Kal is >> Raven normally.

To be fair, at the end is a "What if they use all their powers" question, but the intermediate questions that favor one or the other probably skew the results a bunch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.