are mutant real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunter_blake05
my classmates said mutant are not real but as a x-men fanatic i believe that theres a mutant?

megaroguefan
i think that it would pe possible to create mutants.

Ordained
i wouldn't say that there are actually people out there like the x-men, but what i would say is that with all kinds of gov't bullshyit out there there has to be some kind of genetically enhanced people roaming around.

katepyro
Yea i dbout there r people lyk this now but in the future who knows.. could happen

hunter_blake05
tahnk you all... for your reply... Happy Dance big grin rock

Hegemon875
Of course mutants are real. Mutation is the very basis of evolution. The definition of a mutant is not "person with super powers" its "An individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from mutation."

psycho gundam
Originally posted by hunter_blake05
my classmates said mutant are not real but as a x-men fanatic i believe that theres a mutant? every living thing on earth is a mutation of the organism that preceded it, the question you want to ask is: "are x-men type mutations possible?" the quick answer is yes and no(but obviously some mutations are out of the question ei. cyclops), beast and warren worthington are very possible though. in fact cases of extreme mutations in humanity share some similarities with those two mutants, in a laboratory using eugenics and gene modification can easily produce those characteristics, but the actual fact of mutation will be lost since it was designed instead of a freak accident.

damn I rambled like crazy there.......umm yeah, mutations are possible but not all of them, and science can produce some comic characters but it won't be the same.

Anodyne
Originally posted by psycho gundam
every living thing on earth is a mutation of the organism that preceded it, the question you want to ask is: "are x-men type mutations possible?" the quick answer is yes and no(but obviously some mutations are out of the question ei. cyclops), beast and warren worthington are very possible though. <snipped>...
damn I rambled like crazy there.......umm yeah, mutations are possible but not all of them, and science can produce some comic characters but it won't be the same.

You're partly right: all living things are either mutants or descended from mutant ancestors. A mutant is an organism with a gene or genes unlike those of either parent. When you think "real-life mutant," think "four-leaf clover," not "walker through solid walls."

Mutations hapened in the past; there's no reason they couldn't happen today. Life Magazine once did an article on mutants, including a cat whose mutation gave it curly fur.

Of course, in real life a mutation is far more likely to be harmful or neutral than helpful. Any hereditary disease (e.g. Cystic Fibrosis, Huntington's Syndrome or Tay-Sachs Disease) began with a harmful mutation.

A mutation is a random change in your genetic code. When you have a machine (your body) that works well, the odds of improving it by a random change are slim. All species living now, including us, are the result of the relatively few successful mutations over thousands of generations. A successful mutation is one that enables an organism to live longer and thus produce more offspring than others of its kind.

Beast might be possible, but Angel? Even if a mutation gave a man wings, he'd need a breastbone that stuck out 6-10 feet to be able to fly with them.

Anodyne
every living thing on earth is a mutation of the organism that preceded it, the question you want to ask is: "are x-men type mutations possible?" the quick answer is yes and no(but obviously some mutations are out of the question ei. cyclops), beast and warren worthington are very possible though. <snipped>...

You're partly right: all living things are either mutants or descended from mutant ancestors. A mutant is an organism with a gene or genes unlike those of either parent. When you think "real-life mutant," think "four-leaf clover," not "walker through solid walls."

Mutations happened in the past; there's no reason they couldn't happen today. Of course, in real life a mutation is far more likely to be harmful or neutral than helpful. Any hereditary disease (e.g. Cystic Fibrosis, Huntington's Syndrome or Tay-Sachs Disease) comes from a harmful mutation. (An example of a neutral mutation: Life Magazine once did an article on mutants, including a cat whose mutation gave it curly fur.)

A mutation is a random change in your genetic code. When you have a machine (your body) that works well, the odds of improving it by a random change are slim. All species living now, including us, are the result of the relatively few successful mutations over thousands of generations. A successful mutation is one that enables an organism to live longer and thus produce more offspring than others of its kind.

Beast might be possible, but Angel? Even if a mutation gave a man wings, he'd need a breastbone that stuck out 6-10 feet to be able to fly with them.

Anodyne

Mutations happened in the past; there's no reason they couldn't happen today. Of course, in real life a mutation is far more likely to be harmful or neutral than helpful. Any hereditary disease (e.g. Cystic Fibrosis, Huntington's Syndrome or Tay-Sachs Disease) comes from a harmful mutation. (An example of a neutral mutation: Life Magazine once did an article on mutants, including a cat whose mutation gave it curly fur.)

A mutation is a random change in your DNA. When you have a machine (your body) that works well, the odds of improving it by a random change are slim. All species living now, including us, are the result of the relatively few successful mutations over thousands of generations. A successful mutation is one that enables an organism to live longer and thus produce more offspring than others of its kind.

Beast might be possible, but Angel? Even if a mutation gave a man wings, he'd need a breastbone that stuck out 6-10 feet to be able to fly with them. eek!

steverules
Why post the same thing 3 times? confused

Almighty Bauer
Are mutant real? Hmmm...
Is that plural or singular?

Juk3n
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Are mutant real? Hmmm...
Is that plural or singular?

Sorta like "all your base are belong to us" i guess

ragesRemorse
my classmates said mutant are not real but as a x-men fanatic i believe that theres a mutant?

i'm sorry

Dark-Jaxx
my classmates said mutant are not real but as a x-men fanatic i believe that theres a mutant? I loled.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I loled. Me too.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Anodyne

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Anodyne

Beast might be possible, but Angel? Even if a mutation gave a man wings, he'd need a breastbone that stuck out 6-10 feet to be able to fly with them. what i was aiming for is that warren's mutation can be engineered in a lab, with trial and error, a test subject may be able to take flight. (though it would result in a not so human looking thing)

warren himself weighed like 105 lbs since his physiology is avian in nature, science can replicate that over time. the hard part is the skeletal structure and muscles, but then again, there are diseases out there that have done things to people that make even that easy to replicate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterotopic_ossification

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/189/harryeastlackxs9.th.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4934/harryeastlack2qk5.th.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6823/harryeastlack3vd6.th.jpg

this disease causes the body to create bone anywhere in the body at a rapid rate. any cut instead of healing up with normal tissue gets filled with floating bone. over time that builds up and causes the patient to be stiff as a board, unable to move at all. a scientist can engineer that to create bones where they need to be for flight in an embryo.

Placidity
Of course they exist!

Cancer patients and many other genetically diseased people are mutants. Sorry to shatter you dreams. Actually it was sort of enjoyable.

hugekent
I don't think that's what he's looking for.

Ordained
i believe the gov't is out there cooking up "super soilders". i wouldn't be surprised if some are already running around.

Brak Dayton
Originally posted by The Big O
i believe the gov't is out there cooking up "super soilders". i wouldn't be surprised if some are already running around.

We've been hearing that for years but soldiers are still getting killed. No evidence whatsoever.

Do Marvel-type mutants exist? No. The closest to real life would be the original Beast and possibly Wolverine minus the claws and regeneration powers. Any psychic manipulation of external bodies or material, levitation, or kinetic blast of any kind are impossible. And always will be.

Jack Daniels
wrong I have superpowers I am IRONMAN! actually Im just invincible when I drink...hahaha...I AM JACK DANIELS!

Xplosive
Look, there are real beings with unimaginable power for us. Brahma, who shaped the universe (only God or Krishna is a creator and the true Supreme being, Buddha is one of his incarnations), is a half-God (Brahma is in some way what Eternity is in comics, I am pretty much sure that Eternity concept is based on Brahma, who is a real being), then you have Shiva, who destroys the universe, when the time comes.
Jesus when on Earth, demonstrated the powers (or Swami Prabhupada, who was caught few times using powers). The powers doesn't comes from genes or from physical body, but from soul, from us. Therefor, there cannot be created mutants and have such powers as in comics, but there are cosmic beings in a real world that have power of great magnitude (also demons, especially the most powerful one). Krishna gives them job and such powers, but powers comes form spirit. We all have same potential, but in a material world there is a difference, since there are half-gods that have jobs and therefor great powers over material, because Krisha allows them for the time they are half-gods. But naturally, we all have the same power, also those soul who are half-gods, but in their true state, our state, we are all the same. But for special jobs, to maintain the universe, Krishna gives more power to someone for maintaining it.
We have more powers in our true state, except if Krishna gives you some job and increases your power for the job for that occasion, but naturally we have 16 great powers and there isn't difference between anyone, we all have the same powers and also the same powerful (if someone has greater power than the other, only means he developed it more and better). People on Earth are materialistic, many don't believe in God, many says that they do, while they don't actually, if they would they would become devotee or do more for Krishna. Materialism has kept us away too much from our true selves, blinded our minds, therefor we have forgotten who we truly are, who is our true father and we forgot how to use our powers, who we all have them.

Anyway, out there are such physical beings that makes us an ants.

Xplosive
Mutants are real, but those are ones who have genetically something different on Earth as our normal body, those are mutants, but in reality they are humans, but if you think mutants as such to have powers it's impossible, because powers comes from spirit and not body, therefor for cannot be created body to perform something like that. If something like that happens, if the body created to have powers will only be because the soul who developed powers has reincarnated in that created body, but it's not because of body, but because of a living being. Body is not alive, if not for a soul in a body, it's just like a stone.

BlackZero30x
actually their are ppl out their that are born with something weird on a genetic level...they aren't comic book level stuff but their are ppl that have like almost a genetic thermometer...if it gets cold out they can actually withstand it alot easier and longer then others...while they arent immune to the cold their body heat comes out in a lot greater quality then others...ppl have been recorded to actually be able to create new algorithm's for mathematical problems on the spot and answer the problem's in just a mere moment..not because their a genius but because their brain processes numbers faster and better then others for some reason....i aslo wondered about this question and this answered my question because imo this counts...maybe your opinion on this subject differs...I watch the discovery channel ALOT.

emmaandroguefan
If Telepathy is real, I want it, Peace.

emmaandroguefan
And also Immortality and eternal youth very important, Peace again.

Nighty101
There are not mutants... rather mutated parts of the body. Not super powers that are the Mutant Gene but small things. Like having webbed feet. I went to school with a boy named Micah who had webbed feet and I went to choir with a girl with messed up hands and slurred speech. So their numbers were mutated but they weren't quite mutants. If you are looking for another Jean Grey or Logan I hate to burst your bubble but those kind of mutants were just made by some immature man in a seat with a pencil, paper, a computer, and an overly sugared coffee in front of him. It was never real and never will be. I am sure of that. But you know that there are people who've been born with legs as if they've been amputated. So it depends what kind of mutant your talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.