Xbox 360 Vs Ps3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zjtrivium
I'm debating which one I should buy and I want an honest opinion from people who actually have one of the systems. I'm thinking I should get a 360 because of the Halo series, but I already have a PS one and a PS2, so I would have games compatible for a PS3 if I decided to get that instead. I've heard all of the good things about 360s, like XBOX live, where you can play people in different countries or play your friends without being in the same room, but I don't know most of the good things about the PS3.

Which one should I buy?

Neo Darkhalen
The 360 for price and exclusive games.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The 360 for price and exclusive games.
Isn't Def Jam Icon an exclusive PS3 game?

Blax_Hydralisk
No. It's on he 360 as well.

zjtrivium
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
No. It's on he 360 as well.
Are there any exclusive PS3 games at all?

Spidervlad
PS3 Exclusives(100% Confirmed or already out)

1. SOCOM: Confrontation
2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
6. MLB08: The Show
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga
17. F1: Championship Edition 2006
18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story
24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
26. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
32. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
36. METRO 2033: The Last Refuge
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2
42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
46. Resistance Fall Of Man 2
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway

Important ones to mention:
1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. God of War III
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. Heavenly Sword.
5. Killzone 2.
6. Metal Gear Solid 4.
7. Ratchet and Clank 5.
8. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
9. Resistance : Fall of Man 2.
10. Tekken 6.
11: Resistance: Fall of Man.
12. Monster Hunter 3.

Not saying that the other ones are bad, just that these 12 are going to be(are) popular hits.

So really, looking at these exclusives I have high hopes for the PS3 this year. I believe they could take the lead again in no time.

Mairuzu
as of right now... I'd say 360

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Spidervlad

2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga
18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story
24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2
42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. God of War III
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. Heavenly Sword.
5. Killzone 2.
6. Metal Gear Solid 4.
7. Ratchet and Clank 5.
8. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
10. Tekken 6.
12. Monster Hunter 3.

Not saying that the other ones are bad, just that these 12 are going to be(are) popular hits.

Do you have a source for this? I'm just curious, is all.

Ridley_Prime
The PS3 in a nutshell...

R98qC0fd_1w

360 wins.

S_D_J
Do you have a source for this? I'm just curious, is all.

I know most of those are PS3 exclusives... can't confirmed it though, but the important ones are indeed (and so far) PS3 exclusives

My advice: get both if you have the money, both of them have their pros and cons.

Don't consider getting a 360 just cuz of HALO, it's way too overrated... there are better reasons to get a 360, but it's that's the only reason... well... erm

... and I think this thread will be closed soon....

zjtrivium
Originally posted by S_D_J
Don't consider getting a 360 just cuz of HALO, it's way too overrated... there are better reasons to get a 360, but it's that's the only reason... well... erm

Well it's not just because of Halo. But I have friends that are overseas and in other states that I want to play games against, and they all play Halo and I need a new system, so that's what started this. But I don't want to get a 360 and then after I spend the money, I find out that PS3 had some really kick ass shit that the 360 doesn't have.

zjtrivium

2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga
18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story
24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2
42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. God of War III
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. Heavenly Sword.
5. Killzone 2.
6. Metal Gear Solid 4.
7. Ratchet and Clank 5.
8. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
10. Tekken 6.
12. Monster Hunter 3.

So really, looking at these exclusives I have high hopes for the PS3 this year. I believe they could take the lead again in no time.
These are all sequels of games that should have died years ago though. Honestly, the only one of those that I would want to play is Heavenly Sword... and that looks like a Final Fantasy knock-off anyways.

Blax_Hydralisk
It's more of a God of War knockoff.

Furion
Does it even matter if it's a sequel. Halo 3 is a sequel.

zjtrivium
It's more of a God of War knockoff.
Either way, that game probably isn't anything all that special. I would have to rent it first to see if I would buy it.

I heard 360 has way better graphics than PS3. Any truth to this?

Blax_Hydralisk
Depends on what game ,really. Some stuff looks absolutely amazing on the PS3, like Drake's fortune or whatever.

JacopeX
360 > PS3

Nuff said.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by zjtrivium

I heard 360 has way better graphics than PS3. Any truth to this?

As an owner of both consoles. I do not see much notable difference at all. I will give sony 1 more year to turn everything around though.

OB1-adobe
get a ps3

Blax_Hydralisk
Don't listen to Obi-adobe, he's a proven racist and a liar. he'll say anything to get into bed with you, then segregate it.

Get a 360.

OB1-adobe
Don't listen to Obi-adobe, he's a proven racist and a liar. he'll say anything to get into bed with you, then segregate it.

Get a 360.

What?

Neo Darkhalen

2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga
18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story
24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2
42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. God of War III
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. Heavenly Sword.
5. Killzone 2.
6. Metal Gear Solid 4.
7. Ratchet and Clank 5.
8. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
10. Tekken 6.
12. Monster Hunter 3.

Yeah Sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The PS3 in a nutshell...

R98qC0fd_1w

360 wins.

Hahaha.

xNIXSONx
Get a PLAYSTATION 3

im an athiest turned believer, i used to own a 360 and i had all the games like halo 3, mass effect and bioshock and gears n whatnot, but i recently sold my xbox 360 infear of the three red rings and no warranty coverage. Anyways, the ps3 is gonna be a good investment in the long run, its a 10 year system and it wont die on you like a 360. Plus its a blu ray player and the online is absolutely free, if you like COD4 the servers are really great and its fast at finding matches. Today you can get a PS3 for the same price as an xbox 360. The Ps3 is all about choice

im looking forward to (exclusive)games such as:

Resistence 2
MotorStorm 2
God of War 3*
Gran Turismo 5
Metal Gear Solid 4
GTA IV(multiplatform)
Killzone 2*
FFXIII*
and many more

PSN Games:
LittleBigPlanet*
WipeOut HD

and solid games already out(exclusive):

Heavenly Sword
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Unreal Tournament III
Folklore
Warhawk
MotorStorm
Resistence: Fall of Man

the ps3 games are on blu ray discs, thats about 25gb single layer and 50 on a dual layer, compared to xbox 360's 4.7gb games. Imagine the potential of future ps3 games, the ps3 is next gen.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah, the PS3 is next-gen.

However if you want quality NOW, and don't want to risk the PS3 staying piece of shit, just buy the 360. It's a tried and true solidly good system, and it doesn't rest on nothing more then "potential".

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
Get a PLAYSTATION 3

im an athiest turned believer, i used to own a 360 and i had all the games like halo 3, mass effect and bioshock and gears n whatnot, but the ps3 is gonna be a good investment in the long run, its a 10 year system and it wont die on you like a 360. Plus its a blu ray player and the online is absolutely free, if you like COD4 the servers are really great and its fast at finding matches. Today you can get a PS3 for the same price as an xbox 360.

im looking forward to (exclusive)games such as:

Resistence 2
MotorStorm 2
God of War 3* why do people like this game so much?
LittleBigPlanet*
WipeOut HD
Gran Turismo 5
GTA IV(multiplatform)
Killzone 2*
FFXIII*

and solid games already out(exclusive):

Heavenly Sword
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Unreal Tournament III
Folklore
Warhawk
MotorStorm
Resistence: Fall of Man

the ps3 games are on blu ray discs, thats about 25gb single layer and 50 on a dual layer, compared to xbox 360's 4.7gb games. Imagine the potential of future ps3 games, the ps3 is next gen.

Also you know what your getting with a 360 Core, Prem, Elite not all this 120gb, 80gb, 60gb no backwards nonsense.

Spidervlad
Yeah Sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives-the-full-list/

All of the games I listed are PS3 exclusives.

And I'm really sorry, because that wasn't the whole list, that was the list of exclusives that would seem to be good, because you can find the whole list there.

http://www.psu.com/PlayStation-3-Exclusives-List-Feature--a1079-p0.php

and this is coming from Playstation Universe, which is a solid source. It lists over 87 upcoming exclusives. Thats a LOT.

To tell you the truth, I would recommend getting a PS3. It's timing and strategy failed in the beginning, but in the long run it will prevail best. In fact, I believe it's not that long of a wait, I have a feeling it will be competing with heat against the other consoles by the end of this year, if not overcoming one of them.

I would also take in the fact that XBOX LIVE is a service that requires payment, while the PlayStation Network is completely free.

Another thing I would say is in my opinion, the overall public in Playstation Network Multiplayer games is much more soothing and mature then the Xbox Live public, and I think alot of people would back me up on this.

Neo Darkhalen
Lets see how long that lasts.

Blax_Hydralisk

Another thing I would say is in my opinion, the overall public in Playstation Network Multiplayer games is much more soothing and mature then the Xbox Live public, and I think alot of people would back me up on this.

This is only because all the hardcore, super good, game players bought an Xbox because it's better. So LIVE gets' all the assholes.

Don't worry, once the PS3 gets more good games and peopel start to care about it, you guys will get your share of constantly yelling red necks and five year olds.

Neo Darkhalen
This is only because all the hardcore, super good, game players bought an Xbox because it's better. So LIVE gets' all the assholes.

Don't worry, once the PS3 gets more good games and peopel start to care about it, you guys will get your share of constantly yelling red necks and five year olds.

You will get them on any online console.

xNIXSONx
yes, as Silvervlad stated, Xbox Live requires you to pay and subscribe to the service, and the top games on xbox live are COD4 and Halo 3.

first of all, i owned halo 3 and it was overrated and the multiplayer is ruined because there are too many n00b kids. second, COD4 can be found on both system and the server is more dedicated and fast on the PS3

future = "PlayStation Home"

zjtrivium
I would also take in the fact that XBOX LIVE is a service that requires payment, while the PlayStation Network is completely free.

How much does LIVE cost?

Blax_Hydralisk
50 bucks for a year, like 5 bucks for a month. 20-30 bucks for three months.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by zjtrivium
How much does LIVE cost?

$59.99 CAN or thats like....$69.99 US :P

Blax_Hydralisk

Completely opinionated..

Really? Halo 3 has one of the best multiplayers ever imo. And like eh said he wants to play it with his friends. So who cares?

Neo Darkhalen
360 FTW.

zjtrivium
50 bucks for a year, like 5 bucks for a month. 20-30 bucks for three months.
thats pretty sweet. at least they made the price of LIVE cheap after you spend the half grand to buy the system.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah, it really isn't that bad.

Neo Darkhalen
360 is a good console.

xNIXSONx
Completely opinionated..

Really? Halo 3 has one of the best multiplayers ever imo. And like eh said he wants to play it with his friends. So who cares?

actually IGN.com posted an article on when COD4 surpassed Halo 3 as top played games on Xbox Live (for a week til halo 3 got back top spot) and Gears of War was the top game on xbox live before halo 3, its common knowledge.

Halo 3 shows that its a success, but its overrated, the best shooter out there today is COD4 and overall, it is better on PS3

Neo Darkhalen
I beg to differ.

SaTsuJiN
The Ps3 is all about choice
the choice to not have backwards compatibility?

xNIXSONx
I beg to differ.

Control preferences (or friends lists) may lead you to play on Xbox 360, but you simply cannot deny that Call of Duty 4's online functionality works better on PlayStation 3. Stable, dedicated servers are preferable to peer-to-peer networking any day of the week. Since it carries all of the same features as Xbox 360, that key element gives PlayStation 3 a big boost.

and to satsujin:

the xbox 360 isnt backwards compatible either, and doesnt play blu ray either.

you may choose a PS3 with various GBs from 20-80GBs. and if you choose backwards compatible then you should get an 80GB PS3, if you do not desire backwards compatibility with your ps3 then you may choose not to. simple.

the first year that xbox 360 was out, it had such number of hardware sales, however the ps3 has had more hardware sales in its first year than the 360s first year and has outsold the 360 2 monthes in a row so far

SaTsuJiN

you may choose a PS3 with various GBs from 20-80GBs. and if you choose backwards compatible then you should get an 80GB PS3, if you do not desire backwards compatibility with your ps3 then you may choose not to. simple.

I dont watch movies on my console.. I have a PC for that..anyways

the 360 has a rather large list of backwards compatible games if you'll notice..

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

and it continues to grow, as they usually add more with each update

I'd love to get a ps3.. but I find it annoying that I'd have to pay for an 80g Ps3 to get such a simple thing that microsoft is providing via network updates alone

why cant this be available in a 20g?.. what the hell do I need an 80g hard drive on a console for? seriously lol

Raijin
Look, if you like good online, buy a 360.
If you like lots of downloadable content, buy a 360.
If you want to have lots of fun NOW (and probably in the future as well), buy a 360.
So really, looking at these exclusives I have high hopes for the PS3 this year. I believe they could take the lead again in no time. Assuming they're released this year..
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
why cant this be available in a 20g?.. what the hell do I need an 80g hard drive on a console for? seriously lol
Oh that's because the games need a lot of harddrive space, last time I checked Devil may cry 4 needed like 20 GBs. "OMGZ BUT ITS BLURAYZ!".

Neo Darkhalen
Control preferences (or friends lists) may lead you to play on Xbox 360, but you simply cannot deny that Call of Duty 4's online functionality works better on PlayStation 3. Stable, dedicated servers are preferable to peer-to-peer networking any day of the week. Since it carries all of the same features as Xbox 360, that key element gives PlayStation 3 a big boost.

and to satsujin:

the first year that xbox 360 was out, it had such number of hardware sales, however the ps3 has had more hardware sales in its first year than the 360s first year and has outsold the 360 2 monthes in a row so far

I like the fact people argue about it being a media center, it is supposed to be a game console, DVD and whatever are just nice extras since the PS3 has no good games, and is dear that is the only point PS3 owners can argue about, and honestly I would rather take my 360 with exclusive games and now that I have paid a meager fee LIVE as well, oh I also want to point out how the 360 can play some XBOX games as well with the console being updated regularly.

Game consoles are for Games, and I don't care about Blue ray, as long as I can see the game it will always be a big improvement over the Nes I used to have and play.

High Priest
i have had both 360 and ps3 .but sold my 360 on ebay so i cud get a ps3 and no ive got one ps3 r alot better .i say get ps3

OB1-adobe
i think you get more for your money.

Sony has great first party games
blu ray movies
devs found it better to make games ps3 ground up then port it to the 360

Besides a lot of xbox and 360 games end up on PC sooner or later. for your full gaming expierence:

buy the mgs4 80 GB bundle coming in june, or buy a 40 GB and then a slim ps2 later if you feel like it. and a psp if feel you need it

get a wii and a ds

get a nice computer

Pezmerga
I say who cares? You generally will enjoy both so just find out what you want to play and buy. I have a Ps3 personally, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing my friends 360, or my ps3 for that matter.

The wii is the best for fun games anyway, although I do now have a bowling injury...lol

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Pezmerga
I say who cares? You generally will enjoy both so just find out what you want to play and buy. I have a Ps3 personally, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing my friends 360, or my ps3 for that matter.

The wii is the best for fun games anyway, although I do now have a bowling injury...lol what happened?

Zen2nd
Originally posted by Pezmerga

QFTT

High Priest
Dont forget pcs are good.but if i had the money i wud buy all computer systems eek!

xNIXSONx
I like the fact people argue about it being a media center, it is supposed to be a game console, DVD and whatever are just nice extras since the PS3 has no good games, and is dear that is the only point PS3 owners can argue about, and honestly I would rather take my 360 with exclusive games and now that I have paid a meager fee LIVE as well, oh I also want to point out how the 360 can play some XBOX games as well with the console being updated regularly.

Game consoles are for Games, and I don't care about Blue ray, as long as I can see the game it will always be a big improvement over the Nes I used to have and play.

i don't need to argue that it is a media center, because...it is. Music, Movies, Games. It has plenty of great games i listed in my other post. 360 has a good amount of games too, for the person that is interested in purchasing a 360, its very important that you get a warranty for your xbox 360 because it will die on you.

i am a former 360 owner and i love the exclusives like Gears of War, Mass Effect and especially Bioshock right, but i would choose Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3 and MGS4 over MasterChief and Gears any day of the week.

if you really like PSone games too, they are up for DL at PSNetwork

Blax_Hydralisk

The warranty comes with it for free, and I've had my 360 for two years so far and it hasn't died. Will die eventually though that's true.

However when my friends Xbox died he turned it in and got it shipped back to him in like, three days.

I don't really see the relevance of this..

The dude has already said explicitly that he wants to play Halo 3. Anyone else's opinion on games shouldn't really matter..

Everyone in here has made good points regarding the systems in terms of longetivity, potential, price, efficency etc. But the bottom line dude is that if you want to play Halo 3 with your friends, and all your friends own Xbox 360's, buy a damn 360. I made the mistake of buying a Gamecube last gen while all my friends bought Xbox's because I thought I was buying a better system.. and I sat there like a lump on a fecking log for like four years playing Mario by myself while all my friends were playing Halo 2 over LIVE. It was nice playing Mario, I prefer a lot of the games on the 'cube to the ones on the Xbox, but it sucked playing by myself and the occasional buddy who came over who wanted to play Wrestlemania with me..

You said that you have friends overseas that you want to play with. Well, if the majority of them have 360’s, buy a 360 so that you can play with them. If they don’t, buy a PS3. And if you care more about the value of the console itself.. then listen to us argue for the next ten pages.

High Priest
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
what happened?

He broke is hand laughing

Neo Darkhalen
i don't need to argue that it is a media center, because...it is. Music, Movies, Games. It has plenty of great games i listed in my other post. 360 has a good amount of games too, for the person that is interested in purchasing a 360, its very important that you get a warranty for your xbox 360 because it will die on you.

i am a former 360 owner and i love the exclusives like Gears of War, Mass Effect and especially Bioshock right, but i would choose Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3 and MGS4 over MasterChief and Gears any day of the week.

if you really like PSone games too, they are up for DL at PSNetwork

My Xbox has never once died on me, and the fact that the 3 year warrent comes with it really blows your post out of the water.

And no the PS3 only has 3 good games I mean really, Drake and Motorstorm are the only worth while games......wow 2 games a huge record.

Also for record MGS4 may be coming to the 360 as the 2nd installment did. wink

High Priest
My Xbox has never once died on me, and the fact that the 3 year warrent comes with it really blows your post out of the water.

And no the PS3 only has 3 good games I mean really, Drake and Motorstorm are the only worth while games......wow 2 games a huge record.

Also for record MGS4 may be coming to the 360 as the 2nd installment did. wink

Neo the ps3 only have 3 games laughing .this year everyone will buy a ps3 as soon as they see GT5 . dont forgot ps3 this year will produce more and better games than the 360 .

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by High Priest
Neo the ps3 only have 3 games laughing .this year everyone will buy a ps3 as soon as they see GT5 . dont forgot ps3 this year will produce more and better games than the 360 .

yes and mgs4 is not coming to 360.

If it did, it would be the dumb down version (much like what happened to gta IV). Solid Snake does not deserve that.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by High Priest

GT5 what happened to GTA4?

and since the 360 also gets the game I doubt it, you see it's fan-boys that ruin the PS3, people can't except that at the moment at least the PS3 is failing, considering it should be the next true gen way of gaming it is a disappointment to see it struggling to keep up, I find it Ironic that you all praise the PS3, trying to stick up for it but yet none of you did that for the gamecube, oh the PS3 can do this and that, well it seems it can do everything apart from hold onto decent games, get exclusive deals and prove value for money and since these are the main area's that a games console needs it fails, to think that last Gen Sony was top and Nintendo were at the bottom, the Xbox provides the ideals that a games console needs, you keep preaching about games that are on the Xbox or games hardly worthwhile for your PS3.

And yet the 360 manages to turn out all these exclusive games and the PS3 still relies on "waiting" for these good games to come to there doorstep, honestly if you think the PS3 is somehow going to get all these better games and keep hold of them you are sadly mistaken, it would not be the first time developers have changed tactics or released the game on a different platform later on....oh wait thats the PS3 yeah seems it gets handouts from 360 games, Oblivion, Lost Planet just to name a few...all started on the 360!

jaden101
gotta love idiot fanboyism in all its forms

everybody likes to reassure themselves that their purchase was the right one so they justify it in whatever way they can

i got a 360 because the ps3 was just out and i couldn't afford it...the 360 offered the better deal at the time...i've had alot of fun playing my games...and if i ever want to play the games that are only on the ps3...i'll swap a loan of my 360 with my mate for a while

problem solved

S_D_J

and since the 360 also gets the game I doubt it, you see it's fan-boys that ruin the PS3, people can't except that at the moment at least the PS3 is failing, considering it should be the next true gen way of gaming it is a disappointment to see it struggling to keep up, I find it Ironic that you all praise the PS3, trying to stick up for it but yet none of you did that for the gamecube, oh the PS3 can do this and that, well it seems it can do everything apart from hold onto decent games, get exclusive deals and prove value for money and since these are the main area's that a games console needs it fails, to think that last Gen Sony was top and Nintendo were at the bottom, the Xbox provides the ideals that a games console needs, you keep preaching about games that are on the Xbox or games hardly worthwhile for your PS3.

And yet the 360 manages to turn out all these exclusive games and the PS3 still relies on "waiting" for these good games to come to there doorstep, honestly if you think the PS3 is somehow going to get all these better games and keep hold of them you are sadly mistaken, it would not be the first time developers have changed tactics or released the game on a different platform later on....oh wait thats the PS3 yeah seems it gets handouts from 360 games, Oblivion, Lost Planet just to name a few...all started on the 360!

If you think exclusives PS3 games are not worth it, that's your opinion. there are great games for it, a lot to keep you entertain, if you don't like them, well that's just you

and just because a game it's also available in 360, we can't talk about them when mentioning games in PS3?... they're not 360 exclusives, so why are those games not good PS3 games as well? they are good games to play, even if some of them look better on 360, it doesn't ruin the gameplay experience

(BTW: COD4 it's lot better in PS3 than in 360 IMO)

you say fanboys keep ruining the PS3, when most of the time you sound like XBot fanboy yourself.

I think (and this is my opinion) you're getting more than your money's worth when you purchase a PS3 (Albeit of not having to worry about it dying on you so soon)

@ zjtrivium: whatever system you decide to get, try to get a Wii as well, it's an excellent side companion big grin

... I don't mean to sound like a Backseat Mod but, why isn't this thread closed yet?

Mairuzu
360 now, wait till christmas or whatever you celebrate (hanukkah) to get a ps3 hah!

unless your parents hate you or you are too old to be getting presents

xNIXSONx
The warranty comes with it for free, and I've had my 360 for two years so far and it hasn't died. Will die eventually though that's true.

However when my friends Xbox died he turned it in and got it shipped back to him in like, three days.

I don't really see the relevance of this..

The dude has already said explicitly that he wants to play Halo 3. Anyone else's opinion on games shouldn't really matter..

Everyone in here has made good points regarding the systems in terms of longetivity, potential, price, efficency etc. But the bottom line dude is that if you want to play Halo 3 with your friends, and all your friends own Xbox 360's, buy a damn 360. I made the mistake of buying a Gamecube last gen while all my friends bought Xbox's because I thought I was buying a better system.. and I sat there like a lump on a fecking log for like four years playing Mario by myself while all my friends were playing Halo 2 over LIVE. It was nice playing Mario, I prefer a lot of the games on the 'cube to the ones on the Xbox, but it sucked playing by myself and the occasional buddy who came over who wanted to play Wrestlemania with me..

You said that you have friends overseas that you want to play with. Well, if the majority of them have 360’s, buy a 360 so that you can play with them. If they don’t, buy a PS3. And if you care more about the value of the console itself.. then listen to us argue for the next ten pages.

my xbox 360 didnt come with a warranty, i guess it depended on where i bought it? but my xbox 360 i had didnt die either, i owned it for one year and around the end of that one year, it started making loud noises and shit, and occasionally gets disc read errors...so i sold it before it's death

however if the person wants to play Halo 3 with his buddies, then go ahead and get an Xbox 360, but just know that, it you will eventually get those three red rings, like a ticking time bomb...and that it is poorly designed, and that it is a gimp compared to the PS3. thats all im saying.

and technically the xbox 360 cannot handle MGS4 because it is a fact, MGS creator said in a GamePro article that the Blu Ray disc has been pushed to its limit for this game. Even Heavenly Sword's audio was 10GB thats more than 2x times more GB that an Xbox 360 game disc

...its like im trying to get all these non christians & catholics to believe in God, trying to tell you the cold hard truth that the PS3 is better than Xbox 360 may be hard to comprehend, but just note that im trying my hardest to not come across as completely biased for the ps3 alright.

WrathfulDwarf
Don't listen to the Xbots or the Wiitards!

Get a Wii and Xbox 360. 313

OB1-adobe

your pretty short sighted my friend. Playstation has a great library 1995-2008 that people can delve into. He'd get a next generation movie player (which you obviously can't argue with that anymore now can you). He can end up playing 360 games on his PC anyway, so whats the point of getting a 360?

every anti sony vid on you tube is outdated, immature, and made for idiots. now that Iv said my peace I'm gonna eat some egg rolls and lo mein

Neo Darkhalen
If you think exclusives PS3 games are not worth it, that's your opinion. there are great games for it, a lot to keep you entertain, if you don't like them, well that's just you

and just because a game it's also available in 360, we can't talk about them when mentioning games in PS3?... they're not 360 exclusives, so why are those games not good PS3 games as well? they are good games to play, even if some of them look better on 360, it doesn't ruin the gameplay experience

(BTW: COD4 it's lot better in PS3 than in 360 IMO)

you say fanboys keep ruining the PS3, when most of the time you sound like XBot fanboy yourself.

I think (and this is my opinion) you're getting more than your money's worth when you purchase a PS3 (Albeit of not having to worry about it dying on you so soon)

@ zjtrivium: whatever system you decide to get, try to get a Wii as well, it's an excellent side companion big grin

... I don't mean to sound like a Backseat Mod but, why isn't this thread closed yet?

No I'd be a fanboy of whatever console I am in favor of at the time, ATM I only play on my PSP and soon I may only play on my Wii, and then I may go back to the 360, ATM I am PSP fanboy for now, i just have different fads with my consoles at different times.

S_D_J

and technically the xbox 360 cannot handle MGS4 because it is a fact, MGS creator said in a GamePro article that the Blu Ray disc has been pushed to its limit for this game. Even Heavenly Sword's audio was 10GB thats more than 2x times more GB that an Xbox 360 game disc

true that:

http://kotaku.com/362807/kojima-says-blu+ray-disc-doesnt-have-enough-space

... now, several dual-layers DVD's can be used to release the game on the 360 big grin ... right? laughing

xNIXSONx
true that:

http://kotaku.com/362807/kojima-says-blu+ray-disc-doesnt-have-enough-space

... now, several dual-layers DVD's can be used to release the game on the 360 big grin ... right? laughing

several would be the keyword, and even just saying it is an understatement, you would need like 7-9 dual layer DVDs to hold MGS4.

OB1-adobe
I'd also like to mention that Sony's 1st party exclusives for ps3

such as:

heavenly sword
motorstorm
warhawk
uncharted drakes fortune
ratchet and clank tools of destruction
mlb the show 08
resitance fall of man
eye of judgment
folklore

all got ratings of 7 and higher from ign. Which means Sony makes some pretty quality shit

Neo Darkhalen
I'd also like to mention that Sony's 1st party exclusives for ps3

such as:

heavenly sword (agreed)
motorstorm (agreed)
warhawk (Warhawk or Bioshock hmmmm.....Bioshock)
uncharted drakes fortune (Agreed)
ratchet and clank tools of destruction laughing
mlb the show 08 (Dead rising, Oblivion, Mass effect anyone)
resitance fall of man (What another stupid army game please, Rainbow six Vegas, Gears or COD4 instead)
eye of judgment (never heard of it)
folklore (never heard of it but it sounds bad...pass)

all got ratings of 7 and higher from ign. Which means Sony makes some pretty quality shit

Ohhhh wow a 7, perhaps 3-4 got an 9/10....

Count how many 360 games get 8/9/10's.

SaTsuJiN
I'm sorry but.. Crysis fits on a dvd.. and it makes metal gear solid 4 look like hot garbage.. all this filling blu-ray talk is making me gag sick

your pretty short sighted my friend. Playstation has a great library 1995-2008 that people can delve into.

lawl.. you can only enjoy that library with 80Gb ps3

OB1-adobe
Ohhhh wow a 7, perhaps 3-4 got an 9/10....

Count how many 360 games get 8/9/10's.

well .........no 360 games got ten's. highest one i noticed was halo 3 which got a 9.5.

and for your info heavenly sword got a 7 (which is highly debatable), everything else was in the 8's and 9's

Neo Darkhalen
well .........no 360 games got ten's. highest one i noticed was halo 3 which got a 9.5.

and for your info heavenly sword got a 7 (which is highly debatable), everything else was in the 8's and 9's

Your biased opinions mean nothing to me stated fact that on major gaming websites and magazines Xbox games are getting 9/10's in fact they have more 9/10 rated games then the PS3, then again the Wii completely blows all game ratings out the water, I have no time for your arguments or personal biased towards the PS3, in the end the console war will prove who comes on top and then all 3 systems will be deemed obsolete when the next set of consoles arrive and this cycle will continue with the future gen, whatever that may be.

WrathfulDwarf
Regarding the High Scores based on different reviews. Check out their All Time Top Scores for each console.

See Metacritic:

Xbox 360:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/

PS3:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

Notice that 3 of the highest scores for the PS3 are multiplatform.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'm sorry but.. Crysis fits on a dvd.. and it makes metal gear solid 4 look like hot garbage.. all this filling blu-ray talk is making me gag sick

lawl.. you can only enjoy that library with 80Gb ps3

if you choose to, its all about choice wink

and for the person that mentioned Crysis....why?? that game has nothing to do with consoles at all, and there are way too many biased 360 fanboys in here. It's like i'm Michael Bay saying that Blu Ray is the best choice for HD and that the hd dvd is done...michael bay said that a while before the death of hd dvd and before Microsoft begged for an external/internal blu ray drive for xbox 360.

the xbox 360 owners are gonna be like Toshiba, Paramount and every other abandoning Microsoft and the HD DVD wink

Neo Darkhalen
The top 3 Xbox games are exclusive 360 games, where as the top 3 PS3 games are multi-platform, well what do you know.

Neo Darkhalen
if you choose to, its all about choice wink

and for the person that mentioned Crysis....why?? that game has nothing to do with consoles at all, and there are way too many biased 360 fanboys in here. It's like i'm Michael Bay saying that Blu Ray is the best choice for HD and that the hd dvd is done...michael bay said that a while before the death of hd dvd and before Microsoft begged for an external/internal blu ray drive for xbox 360.

the xbox 360 owners are gonna be like Toshiba, Paramount and every other abandoning Microsoft and the HD DVD wink

There are way to many biased PS3 fanboys here as well. wink

SaTsuJiN
and for the person that mentioned Crysis....why?? that game has nothing to do with consoles at all

because sony fanboys are up in here talkin mess about how newer PS3 titles will be filling up blu-rays... filling them with what?... cuz I know they arent filling them with code.. and if a game like Crysis can fit on 1 dvd.. then telling me how a crappier looking Ps3 game is filling half a blu-ray is absolutely meaningless to me

blu-ray only won because sony bought so many studio's out..
"Only on blu-ray" is what made them win.. NOT because its a superior format.. lets just keep that clear

as for the topic at hand.. I vote 360 as it has lovely gaming opportunities... I've been to my friends house to play his ps3 countless times and I just dont like what they have to offer.. especially for how much it cost him

xNIXSONx
There are way to many biased PS3 fanboys here as well. wink

im not biased, i used to own a 360 and i loved it as blindly as anyone else in here. I know it has a big back catalogue of games, i love many xbox 360 games, however, my opinion is that the xbox 360 does not offer anything next gen.

to satsujin:

as for the mention of Crysis, ive never played it so i wouldnt know, but it has a solid score. I have not seen Crysis in action on HD so i can't say anything.

the blu ray thing, it doesnt take a dumbass to choose BD over HD DVD, clearly the specs of BD are better. I'll just leave it at, everyone's trying to buy each other out these days...

i voted for ps3 because i like everything it has to offer

S_D_J
Ok confused

we got ratings involve now... laughing

Again, this is just about personal opinion.

but saying those are bad or not worth it, it's just playing blind

what does MLB the show have to do with Oblivion or Mass effect? what does Warhawk got to do with Bioshock?... that's like comparing apples and oranges,and saying they are one and the same... besides it's a pretty weak argument point

and talking about exclusives here... last time I checked you can play COD4 (much better IMO) on PS3 as well as Oblivion and Rainbow Six,... Bioshock on PC, just like soon Mass Effect and Gear of Wars...

Neo..I don't mean to be rude, but sometimes you sound like a desperate Fanboy without solid argument point besides fanboyish commments... much like certain member named Draco a few years ago

ragesRemorse
SEGA SATURN jump

Ushgarak
Sorry, but Lana's previous rulings oin this kind of area are clear- use the Current-gen discussion area.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.