Who could defeat 33,554,432xNamor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superboy Prime
Namor's strength, speed and durability have been continously amped for the past 25 years. He gets a double boost in stats per year.

Who can defeat this monstrosity in water world without BFR?

Edit: Under skyfather.

Symmetric Chaos
Anon could do it.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Anon could do it.

Who's that?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Namor's strength, speed and durability have been continously amped for the past 25 years. He gets a double boost in stats per year.

Who can defeat this monstrosity in water world without BFR?

Edit: Under skyfather.
No one under sky father I'd say. Namor may not be Marvel's heaviest hitter, but he's close enough to hang with the big boys even without that unreal increase in power. After that kind of amping he'd be an absolute beast...

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by darthgoober
No one under sky father I'd say. Namor may not be Marvel's heaviest hitter, but he's close enough to hang with the big boys even without that unreal increase in power. After that kind of amping he'd be an absolute beast...

Agreed.

Symmetric Chaos
Who's that?

Anonymous. It's a 4chan thing, nevermind.

darthgoober
Agreed.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't Namor's biggest strength feat something like his lifting a 75,000 ton battle cruiser? If so, then with the strength increase he'd be able to lift at least 2,516,582,400,000 tons and he'd be 33 MILLION times more durable than he was when he took shots from guys like Thor and the Hulk...

janus77
Hulk would win still.

endrict
Sentry or Storm or WWH.

Symmetric Chaos
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't Namor's biggest strength feat something like his lifting a 75,000 ton battle cruiser? If so, then with the strength increase he'd be able to lift at least 2,516,582,400,000 tons and he'd be 33 MILLION times more durable than he was when he took shots from guys like Thor and the Hulk...

blink

Damn.

Originally posted by janus77
Hulk would win still.

Even as a huge fan of Hulk I have to disagree.

Superboy Prime
Hulk would win still.

durhulk DUR SMASH!

Pretty much. I just made this thread because Dg made a very confusive Namor vs Superman. I asked him questions regarding the stipulations and he came up with that. After that we all asked ourselves WTF.

And here we are...wondering who under skyfather would be able to defeat this beast without a BFR.

Let me the first to say it will not be Superman.

Yowsa
Hulk would win still. A joke? I hope so otherwise you are an idiot.

Tetragrammaton
Anon could do it.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/2334915247_e9fd5fcef5.jpg

darthgoober
And this is purely second hand info that I just thought of, but I seem to remember DC saying something about Namor hitting escape velocity before while flying(I don't know the circumstances so don't bother asking). If that's true and his speed is also increased, it means that Namor's travel speed in the air is at least 838,860,800,000 MPH after the increase(and God only knows just what kind of speed his reflexes could handle)....

endrict
Kevin Costner or whatever the Hell his name is....from Waterworld would beat this Namor.

Gecko4lif
Genis vell
thanos
Kurse (provided there is no iron around)
Beta ray bill

Papa Smurph

Actually I've seen Namor lift mountains and shake the planet punching Hulk, so that'd make him a above top tier skyfather.

Laminator_X
Anonymous. It's a 4chan thing, nevermind.

Anonymous is Legion

(No more rule violoations though wink )

Realy though, who coulod beat me with that kind of boost?

Accel
I think that battle cruiser was closer to around 200,000 tons. Wasn't it completely full of water?

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
I think that battle cruiser was closer to around 200,000 tons. Wasn't it completely full of water?

Heh, I haven't seen you in awhile.

janus77
blink

Damn.

Even as a huge fan of Hulk I have to disagree.
you're free to disagree, I just don't think that a character with strength beyond quantification - demonstrated as being more than capable of holding together a planet or breaking one with mere steps - is going to fall at a relatively miniscule number (just work out 33 million times 'x', the force of a punch from Thor or Hulk).

what number do we attach to say, The God Blast, is it in the tens, hundreds, thousands or millions of Thor/Hulk punches?

because we know for a 'fact' that none of those punches generated enough power to make the world even twitch...

numbers are huge but, this is comics... they don't have any weight to them, only the imagination and the character's stated powerset.

Accel
Originally posted by batdude123
Heh, I haven't seen you in awhile.
Yeah, lately I haven't had nearly as much free time as I used to to come around. And most of the time I've posted online was at Herochat.

Doesn't look like much has changed around here though.

batdude123
Yeah, lately I haven't had nearly as much free time as I used to to come around. And most of the time I've posted online was at Herochat.

Doesn't look like much has changed around here though.

Traitor.

Accel
You knew what this was.

batdude123
But I wanted it to be much more. sad

Accel
There's always Val and... others, I guess.

batdude123
Val... meh...

Symmetric Chaos
you're free to disagree, I just don't think that a character with strength beyond quantification - demonstrated as being more than capable of holding together a planet or breaking one with mere steps - is going to fall at a relatively miniscule number (just work out 33 million times 'x', the force of a punch from Thor or Hulk).

what number do we attach to say, The God Blast, is it in the tens, hundreds, thousands or millions of Thor/Hulk punches?

because we know for a 'fact' that none of those punches generated enough power to make the world even twitch...

numbers are huge but, this is comics... they don't have any weight to them, only the imagination and the character's stated powerset.

But we're not just talking about strength. Everything about Namor is 33 MILLION times what it was. He'll be so far above Hulk in strength and speed that the fight will end before it can start.

janus77
But we're not just talking about strength. Everything about Namor is 33 MILLION times what it was. He'll be so far above Hulk in strength and speed that the fight will end before it can start.
the speed would be the deciding factor.
imo 33 Million times the strength wouldn't be as great as it sounds. most likely still <<<< than say your typical world smashing blow.

but the speed would clearly put him beyond Hulk's reach and reaction speeds and basically make it a 1shot KO.

Mindship
... and his speed is also increased, it means that Namor's travel speed in the air is at least 838,860,800,000 MPH ... Great Caesar's Ghost, that's over 1,200 cee! He'd be able to keep up with the Surfer or Flash on one of their slow days!

shifty

mighty adam
dr strange

GL hal

superman big grin

wally west the flash

Gecko4lif
firestorm turns his carbon to arsenic

Endless Mike
Infectious Lass

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Actually I've seen Namor lift mountains and shake the planet punching Hulk, so that'd make him a above top tier skyfather.

Wait...wtf...Namor is above Odin?

janus77
cumulative Namors. 33Million to be more precise.

hmm, how many Namors would it take to equal 1 Odin, in strength and durability. might be an interesting way of ranking characters.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
firestorm turns his carbon to arsenic

Firestorm doesn't work with organic materials, fool!

Sirius77
Current does.

darthgoober
In that case, after the power up Namor could lift at least...

6,710,886,400,000 tons.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Sirius77
Current does.

Darn. Didn't know they'd removed that limitation.

Sirius77
Darn. Didn't know they'd removed that limitation.

Yeah, Jason rusch did it by accident, but can do it anytime he wants.
He tried to heal som e girl (who was actually killer frost) by imprinting the DNA of a healthy person onto her 'unhealthy' DNA.

Sirius77
In that case, after the power up Namor could lift at least...

6,710,886,400,000 tons.

Thats impressive, but Superman has lifted things in the quadrillion levels...

Endrict Nuul

I know eh! kinda sounds like BS without scans to back it up with.

Mindset
Thats impressive, but Superman has lifted things in the quadrillion levels...

When?

I don't doubt you, I just would like to see scans.

tjcoady
The Quiz could beat him.

Without a fight.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Mindset
When?

All Star Superman.

Mindset
Allstar Superman lifted a quintillion if I remember correctly.

I assume he isn't talking about Allstar Superman since that isn't mainstream Supes.

Papa Smurph
And All Star Superman is clearly more powerful then current day S-Man.

Odin amping himself is physically probably not even 200x > Thor so I'd say with that 240x Namor might physically match him let alone the 33,000,000x

MightyEInherjar
He'd pretty much be the SBP of all the Marvel Top Tiers. He'd be beating on Thanos, Strange, Surfer, Morg, etc.

Mr. Slippyfist
If that's true and his speed is also increased, it means that Namor's travel speed in the air is at least 838,860,800,000 MPH after the increase(and God only knows just what kind of speed his reflexes could handle).... I got a rounded down answer, as I forgot the other numbers after 33...

Anyway, he would also be at least 4.47 million times lightspeed... and with Darth's 4.5 million times lightspeed.

srug

---

And did Jonus/Janice/Janus/what's his face say Hulk would win? What the f**k?

Sirius77
When?

Well, heres early nineties Superman pushing a space station that has gleaned resources from the solar system:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpush.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpush2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpush3.jpg

Then theres this:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9238/jlaspectresoulwarwwliftspectre.jpg

Whats eternity divided by two?

Then theres maggeddon:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1664/magg0ac.th.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8747/magg23jf.th.jpg

Mr. Slippyfist
Wasn't the rocket also propelling that space station? Or f*ck, I don't know.

Eternity = time...

The Maggedon feat was never defined as to what Superman moved exactly, or how much... I've looked, and I'd love to what he actually moved rather than seeing speculation...
Maybe I'm wrong.

Mindset
Well how much does the space station weigh?

Eternity is a measure of time, so I don't know how much that would weight smile

I don't know what's going on in the last 2 pics

Sirius77
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Wasn't the rocket also propelling that space station?

Eternity = time...

The Maggedon feat was never defined as to what Superman moved exactly, or how much... I've looked, and I'd love to what he actually moved rather than seeing speculation...

The space station was pulling the earth and moon. I doubt it mattered. Thats still still a little less than a quadrillion tons give or take a few, with everything factored in.

Eternity= time. Exactly.
Time is everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen. In other words. Everything.

I agree with you on the mageddon feat, but it was about the size of jupiter at least, and he was turning its wheels. It would be absurd if he wasnt doing anything.

Sirius77
Well how much does the space station weigh?

Eternity is a measure of time, so I don't know how much that would weight smile

I don't know what's going on in the last 2 pics

By the look of it, at least several trillion to be safe.

And time encompasses reality as a whole.

Hes moving a structure the size of the solar system.

Mr. Slippyfist
The space station was pulling the earth and moon. I doubt it mattered. Thats still still a little less than a quadrillion tons give or take a few, with everything factored in.

Eternity= time. Exactly.
Time is everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen. In other words. Everything.

I agree with you on the mageddon feat, but it was about the size of jupiter at least, and he was turning its wheels. It would be absurd if he wasnt doing anything. That thing would be like the size of a penis in relation to the moon...
Also, he basically said that he can't push planets, and that that machine neutralizes the mass of the planets...

Ha. Nice twist. Time is weightless.

Do you have proof that it was the size of Jupiter? Believe me, I've looked long and hard looking for how big that thing was, and I couldn't find it.

Mindset

Eternity= time. Exactly.

I agree with you on the mageddon feat, but it was about the size of jupiter at least, and he was turning its wheels. It would be absurd if he wasnt doing anything.

Well we know the space station weighs less than a planet, because Superman said he couldn't push a planet.

eternity does not have a weight, and if they were meaning infinity then we obviously know neither Supes nor Diana can lift that much.

Slippyfist mad

Sirius77
Isn't the moon only 81 billion tons or something like that? And that thing would be like the size of a penis in relation to the moon...
Also, he basically said that he can't push planets, and that that machine neutralizes the mass of the planets...

The size of a penis. lol. You're hilarious.

And no. The moon wieghs about several quintillion tons.

And he said that because that was early nineties Superman.

No its not. Everything around you is 'time'. Your past present an future. Time is just how energy and matter have will and ar aging. So, in that regard, time is all of reality put into a simpler concept that can be understood.

Do you have proof that it was the size of Jupiter? Believe me, I've looked long and hard looking for how big that thing was, and I couldn't find it.

I think someone posted the scan a while ago, but it prety much dwarfed the Earth. It was said to be the size of the solar system, but it looked smaller to me...

Sirius77
Well we know the space station weighs less than a planet, because Superman said he couldn't push a planet.

eternity does not have a weight, and if they were meaning infinity then we obviously know neither Supes nor Diana can lift that much.

Slippyfist mad

Eternity=infinty. They are both the same concept.

And it seems like they shouldnt, but they did...

And early nineties superman said he couldnt push a planet. Current Superman talks about it casually.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpushplanetact797.jpg

Mindset
Time is not all matter that has or will ever exist.

And if you are trying to say that it is, then that means you believe both Diana and Supes can lift an infinite amount of weight.

Do you see how ridiculous that is? no expression

Mindset
Eternity=infinty. They are both the same concept.

And it seems like they shouldnt, but they did...

And early nineties superman said he couldnt push a planet. Current Superman talks about it casually.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpushplanetact797.jpg

No, eternity is one aspect of infinity, it's an infinite amount of time.

Sirius77
Time is not all matter that has or will ever exist.

And if you are trying to say that it is, then that means you believe both Diana and Supes can lift an infinite amount of weight.

Do you see how ridiculous that is? no expression

Yes it is.

And I just posted the scan. It was a cool lifting feat. I had no idea that there would be this much controversy ( hmm... actually I did...).

But to be honest, I don't see anyone created lifting that amount of wieght and still obeying the laws of physics...

But hey, one is a magical being, the other is essential to the universe. It probably isnt the answer, but to be honest, I dont know how they did it. Its a comic book. And there it is...

Mindset
Yes, but we know neither Diana or Clark can lift an infinite amount of weight, so the scan is rather pointless.

Mr. Slippyfist
The size of a penis. lol. You're hilarious.

And no. The moon wieghs about several quintillion tons.

And he said that because that was early nineties Superman.

No its not. Everything around you is 'time'. Your past present an future. Time is just how energy and matter have will and ar aging. So, in that regard, time is all of reality put into a simpler concept that can be understood.

I think someone posted the scan a while ago, but it prety much dwarfed the Earth. It was said to be the size of the solar system, but it looked smaller to me... I know... mistakes were made, I corrected it.

What the hell are you talking about? Me thinks you have been smoking too much crack, or I haven't smoked enough... let's try the latter...
So, if everything around me is time, if I stood on a scale (or a 'time' as we'll call it)... so if I stood on a time, and measured myself, would that amount of time have a weight? This time on my lap right now weighs like 6 pounds.
Also, so... are you basically saying that Superman, and Diana lifted multiple universes?

Oh, that certainly helps me. If someone posted it a while ago, I should have seen it, eh? How much did this time weigh by the way?

Sirius77
No, eternity is one aspect of infinity, it's an infinite amount of time.

Yes. They both refer to something with no end. Without time, nothing exists. Time is existance.

Mindset
Yes. They both refer to something with no end. Without time, nothing exists. Time is existance.

You realize you are putting your own definition of eternity, right?

Time is not existence.

Sirius77
I know... mistakes were made, I corrected it.

What the hell are you talking about? Me thinks you have been smoking too much crack, or I haven't smoked enough... let's try the latter...
So, if everything around me is time, if I stood on a scale (or a 'time' as we'll call it)... so if I stood on a time, and measured myself, would that amount of time have a weight? This time on my lap right now weighs like 6 pounds.
Also, so... are you basically saying that Superman, and Diana lifted multiple universes?

Oh, that certainly helps me. If someone posted it a while ago, I should have seen it, eh? How much did this time weigh by the way?

No, the penis thing actually was funny... confused

It doesnt work that way. Time doesnt 'gain weight' as time passes... It just is what it is and always has been if that makes sense. Einstien theorized that time was like a circle. Its all happening at once, it just looks like something is going to happen or has happened, because we all have our respective 'places' on said 'circle'. So, with that said, if everything that is, has been and will be is contained in said 'circle', then the weight of time would iindeed be 'infinite'. It makes sense if you think aboutit, but is kind over all of our heads in the grand scheme of things.

And I'm not saying anything about what they lifted, I'm just explaining the scan that I posted.

I think you were there... It was nvr that posted it iirc... And this same discussion was had, lol.

And I didnt really get that last part... I dnt really know how much it wieghed, but it was supposed to be the size of a solar system. So probably alot...

Sirius77
You realize you are putting your own definition of eternity, right?

Time is not existence.

It doesnt work that way. Time doesnt 'gain weight' as time passes... It just is what it is and always has been if that makes sense. Einstien theorized that time was like a circle. Its all happening at once, it just looks like something is going to happen or has happened, because we all have our respective 'places' on said 'circle'. So, with that said, if everything that is, has been and will be is contained in said 'circle', then the weight of time would iindeed be 'infinite'. It makes sense if you think aboutit, but is kind over all of our heads in the grand scheme of things.

So do you have a definite answer to eternity? It would be nice to solve all of this 'structure of existance' stuff. I'd like to hear it.

Mr. Slippyfist
No, the penis thing actually was funny... confused

And I'm not saying anything about what they lifted, I'm just explaining the scan that I posted.

I think you were there... It was nvr that posted it iirc... And this same discussion was had, lol.

And I didnt really get that last part... I dnt really know how much it wieghed, but it was supposed to be the size of a solar system. So probably alot... And it was said to have weight... when?

Well, you're arguing about the scan you posted, as if time is everything... so...

You mean the scan showing Maggedon himself? What the f*ck did Superman push?

I'm asking how this time weighed. The time when nvr apparently showed this magical fancy scan of wonderness.

Mindset
I have the definition for the word eternity, which is all that is required, if you want that I'll be glad to give it to you.

Mr. Slippyfist
I'm probably going to wolf down a time sandwich, go brush my teeth with some timepaste, and go to bed in my comfy time.

See ya another 'time', hopefully it's not so 'heavy'. no expression

Mindset
I'm gonna go lift some hours.

Hopefully I bench 60 minutes today smile

Sirius77
And it was said to have weight... when?

Well, you're arguing about the scan you posted, as if time is everything... so...

You mean the scan showing Maggedon himself? What the f*ck did Superman push?

I'm asking how this time weighed. The time when nvr apparently showed this magical fancy scan of wonderness.

If youre talking about maggeddon... it was stated to be the size of a solar system... It does have wieght.

If your talking about time, why wouldnt it? Do you think that anything would exist without time? Not to go philosphical, but its the building blocks by which existance is, was and will be built.

Maggeddon isnt a he, its more of a weapon. And I'm not sure 'what' it was, but it was made by the old gods and destroyed them. It was stated to be the size of the solar system. It was tangible appearently.

How much that time wieghed? Theoretically, as much as everything in that moment...

So, you dont believe that maggeddon was shown on panel?

Mindset
Ok this is easily remedied.

Sirius do you have any credible sources/evidence to back up your statements?

Sirius77
I'm probably going to wolf down a time sandwich, go brush my teeth with some timepaste, and go to bed in my comfy time.

See ya another 'time', hopefully it's not so 'heavy'. no expression

What the scan was saying is that specter wieghed as much as everything that has occured, is occuring and will occur. Perhaps it was an example of poor vocabulary on the writers part, but the point trying to be put across was that specters dead wieght was infinite. Either way you spin it, its literally physically impossible, but its a comic book.

Sirius77
Ok this is easily remedied.

Sirius do you have any credible sources/evidence to back up your statements?

This is the present.

How much does everything weigh right now?

Mindset
This is the present.

How much does everything weigh right now?

I guess that is a no.

Sirius77
I guess that is a no.

Well do you have definitive proof about the specifics of time?

No one does. It's all theories. Theres no way to test it either way.

So, are you going to answer my question?

How much does everything wieght right now?

Mindset
Time is not everything.

Again, do you have any proof to back up your claims?

Sources that suggest time amounts to all the matter that has existed, does exist, or will exist. Sources that suggests time has a weight. If not then stop posting because anything you say is unsubstantiated dribble.

Sirius77
Time is not everything.

Again, do you have any proof to back up your claims?

Sources that suggest time amounts to all the matter that has existed, does exist, or will exist. Sources that suggests time has a weight. If not then stop posting because anything you say is unsubstantiated dribble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

'Einstein showed that if time and space is measured using electromagnetic phenomena (like light bouncing between mirrors) then due to the constancy of the speed of light, time and space become mathematically entangled together in a certain way (called Minkowski space) which in turn results in Lorentz transformation and in entanglement of all other important derivative physical quantities (like energy, momentum, mass, force, etc) in a certain 4-vectorial way (see special relativity for more details)."

So summarize, time="energy, momentum, mass, force, etc".

Sirius77
So, again, how much does everything 'wiegh' now in the present?

Mindset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

'Einstein showed that if time and space is measured using electromagnetic phenomena (like light bouncing between mirrors) then due to the constancy of the speed of light, time and space become mathematically entangled together in a certain way (called Minkowski space) which in turn results in Lorentz transformation and in entanglement of all other important derivative physical quantities (like energy, momentum, mass, force, etc) in a certain 4-vectorial way (see special relativity for more details)."

So summarize, time="energy, momentum, mass, force, etc".

It looks like you're taking a small portion of what was said and trying to use it to back up your statements.

That is spacetime, in which the 3 dimensions of space are added to time, or the 4th dimension.

That does not suggest that time is energy. You are not summarizing what has been said, because what was said was not that time is the equivalent to energy or mass.

tkitna
Doop

Accel
lol @ Sirius's so-called arguments.

Mr. Slippyfist
If youre talking about maggeddon... it was stated to be the size of a solar system... It does have wieght.

If your talking about time, why wouldnt it? Do you think that anything would exist without time? Not to go philosphical, but its the building blocks by which existance is, was and will be built.

Maggeddon isnt a he, its more of a weapon. And I'm not sure 'what' it was, but it was made by the old gods and destroyed them. It was stated to be the size of the solar system. It was tangible appearently.

How much that time wieghed? Theoretically, as much as everything in that moment...

So, you dont believe that maggeddon was shown on panel? Where was it stated to be the size of the solar system?
I'm not saying I'm right; I'm saying I haven't seen it, and judging by your statements, you haven't either.

Heh... what?
Anyway, when did time become matter?

OK. It was stated to be the size of a solar system... when? It seems like you're thinking purely of Maggedon, and yes, I've seen him... I just haven't the foggiest idea what Superman pushed. And maybe whatever Superman pushed was the size of a solar system... but I'd like confirmation.

Ah, so it weighed as much as the entire universe?

I've seen Maggedon... I've read the arc.
I just have no idea what Superman did... and where he did it.

I'd like to know what Superman did, and it looks like you're the wrong person to ask.
Apparently he pushed Maggedon's spaceship... but I haven't even seen Mag's spaceship shown or mentioned... Plus, Mags wasn't even in it if it does exist.

tjcoady
Superman never "pushed" Mageddon= he became part of its internal engines until Batman snapped him out of it with an angry pep-talk.

Mageddon was moving just fine on its own before Superman was a component of it. The Mageddon scan really doesn't show anything useful.

jmcnasty
Well, heres early nineties Superman pushing a space station that has gleaned resources from the solar system:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpush.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpush2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanpush3.jpg

Then theres this:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9238/jlaspectresoulwarwwliftspectre.jpg

Whats eternity divided by two?

Then theres maggeddon:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1664/magg0ac.th.jpg

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8747/magg23jf.th.jpg

The sad thing about these scans is that all of them look like flight strength, dont look like a lifting feat to me.

batdude123
That thing would be like the size of a penis in relation to the moon...

Actually, Superman's own words have directly contradicted that on panel.

He's also stated before that he pushed a planet under a red sun.

Eternity = time...

Eternity is a measure of time, so I don't know how much that would weight

laughing out loud

I love this argument. Because it assumes two things...

1. The Spectre is a liar.

and

2. Superman and Wonder Woman both struggled with absolutely no weight.

The size of Jupiter my anus. It's brain was an entire sun.

This is a picture of Mageddon, and at this point, it was light years away.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/Mega.jpg

Mindset

laughing out loud

and

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/Mega.jpg
Ummm, that scan is taken after where he says he can't push a planet...

I love that you believe Superman and WW can lift an infinite amount of weight.

Papa Smurph
I love that the feat is still taken seriously by some people. Hilarious really.

Soljer

He HAS pushed a planet. He was sundipped at the time, but it doesn't change the fact that he's done it.

And, if I recall correctly, Superman didn't say he pushed a planet under a red sun; he claimed to have MOVED one.

Which he did.

By powering a big-assed machine with his heat vision.

batdude123
I love that you believe Superman and WW can lift an infinite amount of weight.

I didn't say that at all. I just think it's funny how both you and Slippyfist were trying to argue that the Spectre is weightless. smile

Originally posted by Papa Smurph
I love that the feat is still taken seriously by some people. Hilarious really.

Yeah, because I totally use both the Spectre and Mageddon instances as average Superman strength feats in all forum battles he's included in.

Originally posted by Soljer
He HAS pushed a planet. He was sundipped at the time, but it doesn't change the fact that he's done it.

Could be referring to a different instance than the Warworld one.

I mean, Warworld wasn't exactly in orbit around the sun. It had its own source of energy and was stationary. That's why it took satellites "months" to find its position (when it replaced Pluto).

Mindset
Actually I was arguing the feat didn't make sense.

If it said Spectre weighed 1 lbs. yet both Supes and WW had trouble lifting him would you accept it?

Soljer

Could be referring to a different instance than the Warworld one.

I mean, Warworld wasn't exactly in orbit around the sun. It had its own source of energy and was stationary. That's why it took satellites "months" to find its position (when it replaced Pluto).

Yup.

Could be.

But it makes more sense for it not to be.

And you didn't seem to bother responding to the whole 'moving a planet under a red sun,' which he also did, though not with physical strength.

carver9
Actually I was arguing the feat didn't make sense.

If it said Spectre weighed 1 lbs. yet both Supes and WW had trouble lifting him would you accept it?

good point.

Got a question though, how much does the spectre weigh because in that scan it sure as hell didnt have his weight on there.

Mr. Slippyfist

laughing out loud

and

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/Mega.jpg Uh-huh... that's got absolutely nothing to do with what was being talked about.
What's his face made it seem like Superman pushed like a solar system or some sort, but it couldn't have been, as Superman couldn't push planets at that point in time.

Except he says that he weighs as much as eternity, and eternity = time... so either you take the actual meaning, or take into consideration that the feat makes no sense. And can't be taken as a confirmable strength feat.

The problem is, that I don't even know what Superman did. I know how big Maggedon is, and I've never actually gotten an explanation as to what Superman did... by anyone... that makes sense of course. I couldn't even find an explanation in the comics...
In fact, I was told that the wheels were as big as a solar system, and that Superman pushed Maggedon's ship... so...

Could you explain what actually happened... please?

Symmetric Chaos
Uh-huh... that's got absolutely nothing to do with what was being talked about.
What's his face made it seem like Superman pushed like a solar system or some sort, but it couldn't have been, as Superman couldn't push planets at that point in time.

Except he says that he weighs as much as eternity, and eternity = time... so either you take the actual meaning, or take into consideration that the feat makes no sense. And can't be taken as a confirmable strength feat.

The problem is, that I don't even know what Superman did. I know how big Maggedon is, and I've never actually gotten an explanation as to what Superman did... by anyone... that makes sense of course. I couldn't even find an explanation in the comics...
In fact, I was told that the wheels were as big as a solar system, and that Superman pushed Maggedon's ship... so...

I'm almost certain that the "wheels" are meant poetically. Maggedon is never shown have literal wheels.

What did happen is that Superman was captured by Maggedon and chained inside of him. He is seen straining against a massive chain and it is stated that Maggedon is using Supes' power. I guess the ancient god were able to create a supergigantic, psychic war machine but ended up having it powered by clockwork or something.

It's an impressive feat (except for the mindraping) if only because Maggedon recognized Superman as sufficiently powerful to accelerate it. Unfortunately there is no way to quantify what was actually accomplished.

Soljer
I'm almost certain that the "wheels" are meant poetically. Maggedon is never shown have literal wheels.

Miliwheels.

The 'clockwork' you spoke of.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soljer
Miliwheels.

The 'clockwork' you spoke of.

Oh, that's a good point.

batdude123

My suggestion to you is to not over analyze it that much. Because if you do that, then you'll come to some insanely illogical conclusion.

For instance, trying to say that the Spectre = time = weightless. Just take it for what it is. The Spectre weighed a lot, as per his own words.

There was nothing in the WWIII arc that specifically stated the tonnage amount for Superman's feat.

The only thing that was certain was that Superman's strength was being used to power up a ship/weapon of size > than our solar system. And by using his strength as a power source, Mageddon was being internally worked, moved, and operated by Superman's muscle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.