The Great Hunt - RP Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lt. Valerian
A Great Hunt game, which takes place nearly 4,000 years B.B.Y.
It's been 10 years since the defeat of the Sith Triumvirate (Nihilus, Sion, and Traya) and the Republic has been restored to its former glory by the Lost Jedi.... but, the reign of the dark side had consequences... many Terentatek beasts remain alive, spread across the galaxy, and the Jedi Council has decided to send a small batallion of Jedi to eliminate the Terentatek from the face of the galaxy once and for all.... Although the Council chose the wisest and most powerful Jedi (padawan, knights, and masters alike) to complete the difficult task, there may be some surprises during the journey, maybe some are not up to the task.... and as you know, the dark side is always present....

The batallion consists of 35 Jedi, the most powerful of the most powerful in the Order. We believe we are ready for anything... but are we, really?
The Terentatek are natural killers, they specialize in Jedi... but are they the real threat? That's to find out during the journey.

The big EH
"i'm scared master" juno told corran on the ship. coran looked at her "dont be, we'll be fine padawan" corran tol his padawan

Lt. Valerian
Glenn Valerian was in his quarters in the Jedi Temple of Coruscant, when someone knocked on the door.

"Yes?"

"Padawan, it's time..." Master Jel-Kor's soft, deep voice sounded.

"Yes, master. Of course..." He said, opening the door and leaving the room.
He was scared... after all, he was only 16 years old. Although so young, he was strong willed and determined... but this task was, definitely, the most difficult one the Council had given him and he knew his life would be at risk...

0°Mandalore°0
Master Marcross was watching other Jedi board the ships. He knew this was something crazy, but necessary. Although, he knew there were certain Jedi, Padawans mainly, who were not quite ready for this. He saw Maste Jel-Kor pass by, and saw him conversing with another Jedi Knight. Behind him, came his very young, yet extremely talented, Padawan learner. He looked scared.
Marcross approached the boy.

"Glenn... do not fear. We are many, and we are the best. You are on good hands... trust me." He said, trying to comfort the boy.

DangerousBeauty
Reki looked up at Jacen. "Master why must we go?I want to finish my training before I do anything like this! I'm so nervouse I think I'm gonna puke." She rubbed her arms and looked down at her saber.

The big EH
"it is our duty as jedi, my padawan, we ae protectors of peace and democracy" jcen told his padawan

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by The big EH
"it is our duty as jedi, my padawan, we ae protectors of peace and democracy" jcen told his padawan

"Besides, we are the only ones fit for the challenge," said Master Jel-Kor approaching towards his old pal, Jacen, and placing a hand on his shoulder.

-----

"Y-yes, Master Marcross. I understand... I'm just unsure why the Council chose me..."

0°Mandalore°0
Marcross looked down at the boy.
"The Council chose you because they believe you to be ready for this. They know you are one of the most talented students here. Remember, they chose only the best Jedi." He explained, with a faint smile on his face.

Lt. Valerian
Glenn knew he was right. He must be. There was no other logical explanation.

"Yes, master. Of course..." Glenn replied, trying to calm down.

Suddenly, in the middle of all the chatter in the hangar, a Jedi Master from the Council entered. It was Master Bao-Dur.

"Your attention, everyone..." He shouted, his voice echoing throughout the bay. Everybody turned to look at the master.
"You all know this will be a hard mission, and a challenge for you all. Danger will reign, and you must always be cautious. I am going to split you into two different groups, and you will be heading to different planets each. Right, let me see... Master Jel-Kor, Jacen, Corran. You and your apprentices will be in Group A. Forgan, Karkarvos and Tar'Qill you will also be joining them,"

Captain REX
Karkarvos finds himself sitting idly at the side of the hangars in the Jedi Temple. He has little to do to prepare as he is equipped at all times as it is. After the cruelty that the Sith showed their goodly brothers of the Force, Karkarvos remains ready for anything.

When Master Bao-Dur introduces Karkarvos into the group, he rises and nods curtly. "Yes, Master," he replies, gruffly.

Lt. Valerian
Master Bao-Dur wactches as Group A moves through the crew.

"Hmm... you will also be joining them, Master Marcross," he continued. "Right... mhm... okay, Group A you'll be heading to Kashyyyk,"

---

Master Jel-Kor, being a fairly social person himself, approached to Karkarvos. He knew Karkarvos was a silent Jedi Knight, transformed into a serious person thanks to both wars against the Sith.

"Karkarvos. I see the Council chose you, as well. Probably their best choice, seeing you're the only one with real experience around."

Captain REX
Karkarvos nods in response, slowly turning to face the Jedi Master addressing him.

"I am eager for this undertaking," Karkarvos says, "but as you say, experience is lacking."

Lt. Valerian
Jel-Kor moves his head in assertion.

"Indeed. Most of the Jedi here do not know what real danger is. They will soon enough, and hopefully, they will be able to deal with the fear."

Master Bao-Dur named another three into Group A, and started to call out the names of the ones which would belong to Group B.

The big EH
EDIT:
jacen looked up at his fellow master and friend "anybody can hunt, we are here to make them exstinct, i believe we were chosen because we are the only ones who can mentally deal with it" jacen told his old friend "is everybody ready to go, i'd like to get on with this" jacn asked everybody clearly anxious to get over with this. he did not like to kill "lesser" beings.... if Terentatek can be called that. corran as contemplating why the council would send padwan's to do something jedi masters would have difficulty doing themselves.

Lt. Valerian
"Of course we must be mentally ready for this task. If not, we would most likely fail... the Council sends Padawans probably because they believe this to be a test for them. To see if they are truly meant to be Jedi. At least, I would assume so." Master Jel-Kor turned to see Jacen, and then returned to his conversation with Karkarvos.

---

Bao-Dur notices the anxious master.

"On the move, as always, Master Xuan. Just a few minutes more, and you will be ready to leave to Kashyyyk. Group B will be heading to Dantooine,"

Captain REX
"Fear is not the issue, Jel-Kor," Karkarvos asserts. "The Jedi Order lacks the experienced, seasoned warriors that it had during the Mandalorian Wars. They are dead or in hiding, unwilling to return lest the Dark Side strike us again. No, the issue is and will be experience. I have killed a terentatek before, Master Jedi. Have you?"

Lt. Valerian
Master Jel-Kor was taken aback a bit by the coldness of the Knight. But, what could someone expect, knowing the horrors the man had gone through.

"No, to be honest, I have not," He admitted, "However, I have dedicated my time to find out everything about them, hoping that gives me the edge over the beast. And you are correct, the issue will always be experience... experience means knowledge of battle, and with that knowledge, comes an obvious advantage over the others. Although, fear, believe it or not, will be an important factor on this task. The inexperienced know nothing of fear, precisely. I'm afraid they will not know how to control it, thanks to their lack of experience. But then again, it's all about experience."

The big EH
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
"Of course we must be mentally ready for this task. If not, we would most likely fail... the Council sends Padawans probably because they believe this to be a test for them. To see if they are truly meant to be Jedi. At least, I would assume so." Master Jel-Kor turned to see Jacen, and then returned to his conversation with Karkarvos.

---

Bao-Dur notices the anxious master.

"On the move, as always, Master Xuan. Just a few minutes more, and you will be ready to leave to Kashyyyk. Group B will be heading to Dantooine," "i just hate killing intellegent beings especially when it's so our own kind survives" jacen told Boa-Dur and turned back to Jel-Kor "well i guess you cant teach a Vornskr to not hunt the force" jacen told him referring to the Myrkr (probally spelled wrong) native dog-like animal that hunts by sensing force sensitives

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by The big EH
"i just hate killing intellegent beings especially when it's so our own kind survives" jacen told Boa-Dur and turned back to Jel-Kor "well i guess you cant teach a Vornskr to not hunt the force" jacen told him referring to the Myrkr (probally spelled wrong) native dog-like animal that hunts by sensing force sensitives

"You misunderstand, Master Xuan. Terentateks are nor ordinary beings. They are pure evil, dark side-fueled creatures with one single purpose: hunting and murdering Jedi," He explained, "Do not feel pity for these creatures."

Captain REX
"Indeed," Karkarvos replies. "My point is that, if the Council had experienced personnel to send, Knights that had faced terentateks, Sith Lords, and whatnot, then fear would never appear. But as they lack the experienced, they are sending the skilled, the strong. Knights and Padawans that they think will be able to fight these beasts and live to tell the tale."

Karkarvos looks about the hangar. "Hopefully their tactic will be right."

The big EH
"they are part of the living force no-less, raman they may be but the universe must always be at balance" jacen told him as he sat down and cleaned his lanvarok

Lt. Valerian
Jel-Kor sighs.

"Hopefully, Karkarvos, hopefully..." He finishes, looking at the shuttle they will be boarding within a few minutes.

---

Master Bao-Dur had finished calling out names, and everyone was ready. He turned towards Jacen and sighed.

"I can see I cannot convince you, Master Xuan... Attention, once again, my fellow Jedi," The soft voice echoed. "Preparations are done. It is time for you to leave. Board the shuttles, my friends. Good luck, and... May the Force be with you." Were his finals words, and he started to walk towards the entrance of the hangar.

Captain REX
Karkarvos, after ensuring that all is ready with his person, boards the shuttle alongside Jel-Kor. He observes the size and armaments of the shuttle, taking note of them should he need to use the ship to bring downa terentatek or who knows what else.

The big EH
jacen draged his apprentice onto the shuttle and corran and juno followed. "anybody mind if i fly?" jacen asked everybody

Lt. Valerian
After a few minutes, a pilot boarded the ship.

"I'm sorry, sir, that's my duty." He told Jacen.

Jel-Kor looked at the pilot.

"Wait... you are going to leave us down there and then fly away?" He asked, confused.

"No, sir. We have already established comm with the Wookies in the planet's surface. We have a landing pad at our service, in a tiny Wookie colony. They will take you where you are supposed to go, and I will remain stationed."

The big EH
jacen pretended not to see or hear the man and started preppingthe ship while whistling "lovely day a kashyyyk i hear"jacen said to everybody

Lt. Valerian
Jel-Kor and his apprentice, Glenn, looked over at Jacen, while the pilot approached towards him.

"Master... how can he be so joyful when we're sent on a task like this?" He asked, puzzled.

His master smiled.
"Well, I do not know, honestly. He has always been like that."

The pilot looked down at Jacen.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I have to be the one who flies. You can be the co-pilot if you want."

The big EH
"naw i just love flying" jacen old everybody lifting the ship off the ground. it had been his flying that caused him to be discovered as a forcesensitive and he had since become one of the best pilots in the galaxy

Lt. Valerian
The pilot was taken aback.

"Uh... right..." he said, with a puzzled look on his face.

The big EH
"it's alright sit back and buckle up, i feel like navigating asteroids or space debris, to bad thereis none aove coroscant" jacen told the pilot as the ship went into space "now ummm, noboy disturb me until we get there" jacen told everybody as he focussed on the force ad went int a meditaion like trance and put the ship into a hyperspace jump..... "oh crap, i have some bd memoris f this" corran said slapping his face

Lt. Valerian
Meanwhile, Glenn was deep inside his head.

*Why? ... It's not because I'm talented ... It's supposed to be, but it's not ... Maybe a test? ... Yes, that's probably it ... They're testing me ... Seeing if I am a true Jedi ... Or may---* His thought were interrupted.

"Glenn? Glenn, are you alright?" His master asked, his eyes wide-open.

"Yes... yes, I'm fine," Glenn replied, trying to wake up.

The big EH
corran watched the streaks of light that was hyperspace as his master navigated through it, using the force to detect gravity and objects and such. juno moved over to sit with glen "hi" juno said nudging glen

Lt. Valerian
Glenn turned around to look at Juno. She was about the same age as him.

"Hey, Juno... Scared, too?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

The big EH
"not really, i've been waiting for a chance to test my skills for a while now" juno shrugged then looked at his eyes "what about you?" juno asked staring into his eyes as the ship shook a bit "sorry everybody it's alright" jacen said in his trance

Lt. Valerian
Glenn noticed her staring into his blue eyes.

"Um... well, it's been hard for me to understand..." He replied, uncomfortably. "Why the Council sends us Padawans to such a dangerous task... I know what you mean, but these are Terentatek, beasts who can kill even powerful Jedi Masters,"

The big EH
she examined his pupils to see what he was really thinking "then if i succeed hen i am worthy of the master title" juno said to glen

Lt. Valerian
"That's not exactly what I meant..." He replied, raising one eyebrow. They continued talking for a while.

---

Master Jel-Kor was examining the small shuttle. He noticed it had no real armament, just some blaster rifles and other similar weapons. He turned and looked at his Padawan. He was talking with Master Corran's Padawan, Juno. Jel-Kor could tell his apprentice was feeling a bit uncomfortable. He then turned to watch Xuan. He was speaking nonsense with the pilot, probably making jokes about something. Finally, he turned to see Karkarvos. He was sat, alone, in one far corner of the shuttle, apparently examining the ship, as well. He didn't have much time to observe, though.
The pilot stood up and looked at the crew.
"We'll be arriving to Kashyyyk in five minutes," He informed. "Prep yourselves for the arrival."

The big EH
~corran is only a knight, and jacen is self navigating the ship so he wouldnt be talking wink~
juno got pretty nervous "well cya soon" juno told glen, huggeed him and went back to sit with corran who had been staring into the hyperspace streak the whole time, something that is said to make people go insane

darkxbox
((you forgot me no expression ))

DangerousBeauty
Reki was sitting beside her master, watching him as he flew. "You worry me master." She sighed and glanced over her shoulder at Corran and Juno. "Oh my." She shook her head and rubbed her eyes, trying not to say anything about Corran. For some reason the Jedi scares her.

Captain REX
Karkarvos shakes his head at Master Xuan's actions regarding piloting, but does not let it bother him.

"They gave us an unarmed shuttle, it seems," Karkarvos states, disappointed.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by darkxbox
((you forgot me no expression ))

*I said Bao-Dur named three other Jedi into Group A smile It's just that I only menitoned the people who were online at that moment, bu obviously you are in Group A, as well*

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by Captain REX
Karkarvos shakes his head at Master Xuan's actions regarding piloting, but does not let it bother him.

"They gave us an unarmed shuttle, it seems," Karkarvos states, disappointed.

"Apparently," Jel-Kor replied. "But I do not think we will be needing it here, anyways."

---

After a few minutes, they were already arriving at Kashyyyk. From the space, Kashyyyk could be seen as a blue-greenish planet.
The pilot stood up again.
"We have arrived." He informed, as the shuttle went down the atmosphere.
It landed in a pretty small landing pad, which was stationed at an extremely high point on one the trees. The Jedi started to walk down, and they noticed the Wookies had established their entire colony on a very high point. *Strange...* they thoght. Of course, Karkarvos had already been to Kashyyyk, so he knew what this was all about.
Jel-Kor approached him. "Know anything about this?" He asked, looking around at the huge trees.

The big EH
"shadow-lands are extremely dangerous even for the best warriors, however they cant climb up trees" jacen answered for him as he looked down the trees

DangerousBeauty
Reki smiled and let out a whistle as she looked out at all of the trees. "Wow. Master is our mission really that dangerous? I mean have you ever fought a Terentatek before?"

The big EH
"no i haven't, but i'm sure we'll be fine" jacen told his padawn as corran walked to one side of jacen and juno walked over to reki "hey, you scared?" juno asked reki

DangerousBeauty
Reki smiled and quickly glanced at Jacen to make sure he wasn't listening to them. "Tell you the truth... I'm frightened. But you know I'm a bit excited to. We're not even masters and here we are!.. I hope it all goes ok. Are you scared?" She took another glance back at Jacen, thinking 'He better not of heard that.'

The big EH
jacen was talking to corran but still heard reki, he ignored it anyway.
juno smiled at her friend "a little, but i'm excited at the same time" juno told her

DangerousBeauty
She smiled and nodded. "Yeah. It's hard not to be... I cant wait to get started." She sighed happily and ran to catch up to her master, walking close beside him.

The big EH
"i understand why you'd be excited, but you must remember to control those emotions padawan" jacen said to his padawan as she caught up

DangerousBeauty
Reki sighed and looked up at Jacen after falling into step along side him. "I know, master... I'll control it."

The big EH
"good," jacen said resting a hand on her shoulder and corran told juno some stuff to help calm her

Lt. Valerian
Some Wookies awaited in a nearby house.

"Come," The pilot said. "These Wookies will tell you where to go. They know about the creatures." He informed.

Glenn looked at the pilot.

"Know anything about the other group?" He asked.

"Yes, I've just been informed they are about to reach Dantooine space. They'll land in a few minutes or so,"

The group walked towards the Wookies. There were four of them, standing outside a tree-house. Fortunately, some people in the group understand the Wookie language well enough.

"Hmm... they say they'll take us 'where the 'Mighty Beasts roam'. We must follow them." Tar'Qill told everyone.

Master Jel-Kor turned to his padawan with a faint smile on his face.

"Well, we know one thing: there's more than one."

darkxbox
master del gona ((temporary, dies later)) and his padawan david fenta stood silently with the others. they had been like this since the beggining of the trip. while del meditated david started to inch away. eventually he managed to go to the other padawans. "hey guys, isnt this exciting?!"

DangerousBeauty
Reki laughed and lowered her voice to sound like Jacen. "i understand why you'd be excited, but you must remember to control those emotions padawan." She bit her lip to hold back a laugh and slowly inched out of Jacen's reach.

Lt. Valerian
Originally posted by darkxbox
master del gona ((temporary, dies later)) and his padawan david fenta stood silently with the others. they had been like this since the beggining of the trip. while del meditated david started to inch away. eventually he managed to go to the other padawans. "hey guys, isnt this exciting?!"

Glenn glanced at the anxious Padawan.

"Well... even though it's as dangerous as hell, I'd say yeah... Kind of... I mean, this is a once in a life-time story, is it not?" He admitted, walking with the rest of the group.

The big EH
Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
Reki laughed and lowered her voice to sound like Jacen. "i understand why you'd be excited, but you must remember to control those emotions padawan." She bit her lip to hold back a laugh and slowly inched out of Jacen's reach. jacen laughed at reki's comment "do i really sound like that, man now i know why you are the way you are" jacen laughed as he walked

Lt. Valerian
*I'm going slow so that people who haven't joined (AKA Ambiguity) or people like Darkxbox can establish themselves well enough. I'll change rhythm once those people are fully in tune*

Ambiguity
A group of three, underdeveloped Selkath swam on, cheerfully batting each other, when the lead Selkath bumped into a large rock.

"Carefull, Coryn, or you'll be prey to a firaxen!" Gurgled one of the Selkath near the back-named Lor-, as he chuckled happily.
"Shut it, Lor, or I'll feed you to one my self!" Coryn shot back, and Lor stuck out his fishy tongue, and swam off.

As if by mere coincidence- or perhaps destiny- the large rock Coryn bumped into opened it's eye, and roared. Coryn, perplexed, shot back to hind behind the eldest Selkath, Mety-who'd already grown legs- and shook his head.

"Mety, I don't think rocks have eyes... And the definately don't roar!"
"Swim, Coryn, swim!!" And just like that, a great chase was under way. A rather large firaxan shark pursued the two Selkath, who soon caught up to Lor, and shouted at him to swim too. But Lor wasn't an enduranced swimmer, and fell behind the other two. The firaxan shark had no mercy, and swallowed Lor instantly, and continued after the others.

Coryn was following Mety's lead, who was a much better and expirienced swimmer. But, their Pod was far away, and they'd no chance of getting there and outrunning the shark, so Mety dived to the right and went far down, shooting into a crevice. Coryn followed, and he made it, as the shark was apparently near blind, and swam right by. Mety motioned to Coryn to swim farther down into the crevice, and Coryn did.
When they reached the bottom, there was a sight unbelievable to them.
A metal-

"Master Coryn, the ships are here. Master Jel-Kor says it's time to leave." A young Padawan had entered the Meditation Chamber, and interupted Coryn's remaniscing, but perhaps for the best. Coryn said not a word, and gathered his cloak and saber, walking past the young Padawan who was apparently scared out of his wits of Coryn, as he was shaking.

"Fear... Is a path to the Dark Side." Coryn murmured, pausing next to the Padawan to say it, and then exited. He made his way to the Hangar, and stoock back away from the group pondering why they'd made such a decision to put him on this quest. They were already on shaky grounds with the Selkath, pondering whether or not he was truly faithful to the dark side...

Fools... They take my lack of speech as a threat, they see me as most everyone sees me: An old, blind, worhtless fish.... No, I can't think like this... There is no emotion, there is peace...

Coryn head his name called out, and then walked to the ship he was designated. Kashyyyk, home-world of the wookiees... A site where great power can reside. The Dark Side has been known to control this planet, what secrets have they left there?

Coryn ignored most of the Padawans cries, the Knights eagerness... It was foolish when they didn't know what to expect.

When the ship landed, Coryn stepped out with naught but a word. His footsteps echoed the others, and soon found himself being led by a group of wookiees, to the place where 'the Mighty Beats roam'. Oh, joy, more than one Jedi-murdering beast.

(I've joined, yay for rhythm ^^)

Lt. Valerian
*Very nice big grin Apparently, you're already established well enough*

Ambiguity
*Very nice big grin Apparently, you're already established well enough*

(Yes indeedy ^_^, thanks for the update for this being up btw. Okay, no more OOC clog on my part ;o)

Lt. Valerian
The Wookies had been leading the group of Jedi by several minutes already. Suddenly, they stopped. The biggest Wookie walked towards Tar'Qill and made some strange growl-like sounds.
"The Wookie says there is some sort of elevator ahead. He says we will use it to go into the lower levels... he called them the Shadowlands. His friends will guide us further. He says we're pretty close." He informed the group.

---

Jel-Kor approached Jedi Master Coryn. He was a Selkath, and not many people understood his species.

"Master Coryn... it is good you have come. It is always good to have someone as determined and wise as you along." He said, looking at the Master.

Ambiguity
So we must travel into the Shadowlands...
Coryn peered over the side of the railing, and saw mostly grey, but sadly, there were large spots of red all over, and one place in particular-far out into the darkness- was red, and was probably a mile wide.
If that's not our destination, I don't know what is...

After this, Coryn was approached by Master Jel-Kor. Coryn respected Jel-Kor more than most of the Jedi. He was wise, kind, and definately not hampered in any skills.
"Yes, wonderful to be here." Coryn said, and it was the closest thing to a joke you'd ever get out of the Selkath.

Lt. Valerian
*I edited*

Ambiguity
(ORLY? Me too wink )

Lt. Valerian
*Yeah, but In my EDIT Master Jel-Kor talks to your character, haha*

Captain REX
Karkarvos sighs when the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk are mentioned as their destination.

"Always in darkness can you find the Dark," Karkarvos says, wearily. "It is no surprise that the Wookiees live as high up as they do."

Ambiguity
*Yeah, but In my EDIT Master Jel-Kor talks to your character, haha*

(Can you not see my edit? confused )

Lt. Valerian
*I know, I was just saying it, lol*

DangerousBeauty
now boys you said no more OOC))

Lt. Valerian
Karkarvos sighs when the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk are mentioned as their destination.

"Always in darkness can you find the Dark," Karkarvos says, wearily. "It is no surprise that the Wookiees live as high up as they do."

"You're right, it's not," said a voice coming from behind. Karkarvos turned to face the one. It was Glenn. "Only one crazy fellow would like to live down there,"

Jel-Kor smiled.
"I'm not the kind of guy who lies, Coryn. This doesn't look so good. The Shadowlands? Hell, the friggin' name gives me the creeps,"

Captain REX
"I am not familiar with whom you speak, I'm afraid," Karkarvos says, not turning to face Glenn. "People may live where they see fit; it's no business of mine."

Lt. Valerian
Glenn was a bit surprised. He thought it would at least sound familiar.

"Jolee Bindo? You know... the old man who was light-sided Revan's companion during the wars? My Master told me about him,"

Ambiguity

Jel-Kor smiled.
"I'm not the kind of guy who lies, Coryn. This doesn't look so good. The Shadowlands? Hell, the friggin' name gives me the creeps,"

Coryn gave Jel-Kor a firm nod, really not wishing to get into a conversation. In all honesty, Coryn wished to be in and out as quickly as possible. Terantatek they may be, but if this took longer than a few days, Coryn would definately not be on the happy side.

Captain REX
Karkarvos scoffs at the name.

"Has he returned here? Old fool," Karkarvos sighs. "I am sure he was very helpful to the redeemed Revan, but is of little use to the Order as a whole if he has returned to his hermitous ways. Learn from the life of Jolee Bindo, young Padawan... do not become what he has."

DangerousBeauty
Reki made a face and looked up at Jacen. "Jolee Bindo? Master I have never heard this name before." She looked over the rail and felt chills go up her spine. "I felt better in the trees."

Lt. Valerian
After some other several minutes of walking, there it was, finally. A big, wooden elevator-like machine. They needed to make two trips; the machine would not be able to resist the weight.
One of the Wookies growled to Tar'Qill.

"This is it. This will take us down," he said. "And, the Wookie wants to speak,"

The Wookie growled, this time his growls were longer.

"...'The Shadowlands is a very dangerous place'..." Tar'Qill traduced as the Wookie spoke. "... 'Even the strongest of our warriors perish down there... but lately, it has been getting more dangerous, darker somehow. Our leader sent five, the best warriors of our tribe, to investigate. Only one came back alive. He told our Chief of their encounter with the Mighty Beasts. Later, he draw what he saw. He showed the drawing the the whole town, and our Chief identified the beast. But he said there were at least five of those down there. We do not have the skills nor the men necessary to slay all of them... so we sought you out. You need to be extremely careful down there, humans. Not only the Mighty Beasts roam, but there are other beasts who are also dangerous... I go no further. I wish you luck, Jedi friends'..."

The three Wookies started walking back to their village.

Lt. Valerian
Glenn looked at the Jedi Knight.

"No, he has not returned, but my Master told me he thought about doing so," He explained. "But, he also told me Jolee has indeed returned to his exile, establishing himself in a different planet now."

Ambiguity
Coryn spat at Karkarvos' apparent distaste at Jolee Bindo.
"Perhaps Jolee saw the truth, that there shouldn't be any extreme ends to the Force. Light and Dark exist, true, but perhaps neither is as harmful as the other thinks it is. There are benifits to both, but I'm sure you're tuning me out already. This is a matter that I can't discuss with fellow Jedi. They spit in my face, and perhaps you feel the same way."

While the rest of the group pause to listen to the interpretation, Coryn walked on into the elevator, and waited on the others to follow, not angry at his fellow Jedi, but rather dissapointed that he was probably the only one who ran on this thought process. His senses told him that this was going to be extremely different, made solid by the fact that there were at least five tarentatek. Coryn sighed, hoping his rant about the Force wouldn't make the other Jedi doubt his abliities, nor his faithfulness.

Lt. Valerian
Master Jel-Kor intervened before Karkarvos was given the chance to answer.

"Settle down, you two. The worst thing to do now is to argue or to behave inadequately. We need to calm ourselves."

The whole group of Jedi stood silent, eyes on Jel-Kor. He probably was talking a bit too loud.

"Listen, fellow Jedi... The time has come. Our first mission lies in font of us. Let's give us two minutes to brace ourselves; mental preps. And then, with courage and determination, we head down and do our duty."

The big EH
"i say the masters go first and make sure its safe enough arrounnd for the padawans" jacen said and got a nod from corran

DangerousBeauty
*forgive me for not posting but my master was missing.lol!..*))

Reki nodded and looked at Juno before turning back to her master. "Be careful master. I dont trust that thing. It looks as safe as the darkness." She said glancing over the rail again.

Lt. Valerian
"That's a good idea, Master Xuan. Alright, you, Master Coryn, Karkarvos, Master Corran, and myself will head down. The rest of you stay here. If we ignite our lightsabers and wave them, that's the safe signal. If we ignite our lightsabers and do not wave them, it's the 'no it's not safe' signal,"

The big EH
jacen and corran boarded the elavator "just like old times eh master?" corran said to jacen who looked at him "i dont think we ever did something like this" jacen told corran and the two laughed

DangerousBeauty
Reki kinda just stood there watching her master, then she looked at Juno. "Did you understand what they ment by old times?"

Captain REX
"There is no benefit in the Dark Side," is what Karkarvos responds with, in regards to Coryn's opinion of Jolee Bindo. "While I am opposed to such lightly-taken views of the Force... that is not my fault with Bindo. My fault is his exile. What use is a Jedi Knight that cannot aid the galaxy? But, as Jel-Kor says, enough. Five terentateks is no laughing matter, and we must plan dilligently for confrontation."

Lt. Valerian
"There is no benefit in the Dark Side," is what Karkarvos responds with, in regards to Coryn's opinion of Jolee Bindo. "While I am opposed to such lightly-taken views of the Force... that is not my fault with Bindo. My fault is his exile. What use is a Jedi Knight that cannot aid the galaxy? But, as Jel-Kor says, enough. Five terentateks is no laughing matter, and we must plan dilligently for confrontation."

"Indeed," Jel-Kor replies, approaching the Knight. "Now, come, Karkarvos. Let's check if the area is safe."

The Masters and some Knights stepped on the wooden elevator, hearing the crack-like sound of the wood. They tapped the button, and observed the rest of the group as they descended into darkness.

Captain REX
"It is not," Karkarvos replies. "Whether it is crawling with terentateks, however, we need to find out..."

Karkarvos boards the lift, keeping his lightsaber in hand.

Lt. Valerian
The wooden machine descended until it touched the Shadowlands' floor. The Jedi stepped out of the elevator with caution, examining their surroundings...they felt no dark side energy nearby... but suddenly, a small group of wild Katarns appeared out of nowhere and prepared to attack the Jedi.

Captain REX
In one fluid motion, Karkarvos ignites his lightsaber in one hand and draws his light repeating pistol in the other, sending off a volley of bolts to fright the Katarns rather than kill them outright.

Lt. Valerian
Jel-Kor drew his lightsaber and started spinning it around, close to the Katarns. He did not intend to kill, but to frighten them, as well. They were not a real threat, they were just simple carnivors in search of food. No need in killing the beasts. The other Jedi did the same, and the Katarns realized the danger and ran away after a few minutes.

The big EH
"other than that it looks safe enough" jacen said as he didnt react to the katarns and looked up at the tree city and sighed
~~
juno looked at reki "no idea" juno said to reki as she looked over the edge

darkxbox
del stepped out of the elevator. "well if that is over, i would say it is safe at the moment." he ignited his lightsaber and prepared to wave it. ((suspenseful slo mo before death.))

The big EH
corran drew his dual double bladed lightsaber and looked arround

Ambiguity
The Selkath stepped warily out of the elevator. Though he didn't fear, he was rather hesitant. Up ahead, naught but about fifty meters North of the group, was one of the Dark Side spots Coryn had seen above. Coryn paid the Kath Hounds no heed, as he shook his head fiercely.

"Don't wave the sabers. Up ahead, can you sense it?"

Coryn pointed straight ahead and lifted his head, as if sniffing.
What is it?

Lt. Valerian
Master Jel-Kor focused.

"Hmm... yes, about forty five meters ahead. I sense something... could it be?" He asked, wondering if the presence the masters felt was indeed a Terentatek. "Someone needs to go up and tell the others. If it's a Terentatek, we will probably need more people to bring it down. Corran, you'll head up. Do not, however, bring down any Padawans. We don't want injuries so soon. Let's first see how powerful the beast really is." He said, his eyes looking directly into the darkness ahead.

0°Mandalore°0
Everyone was getting a little impacient up there. Master Marcross stared into the dark.

"Something's wrong... they've taken too long and they have not waved their sabers...."

The big EH
"who else is there" corran asked confused and focussed his sight ahead then jacenstepped on the elavator "i'll go, extremely good fighter corran is jacen said activating the lift

darkxbox
david peered down

Lt. Valerian
"Fine. Let's wait until Jacen brings down more people. We should be extremely cautious." He said, looking at Jacen as he went higher.

0°Mandalore°0
Marcross noticed how the ropes holding the lift started moving.
"Someone is coming up." He shouted so everyone could hear him.

Lt. Valerian
"Master Marcross... what's happened?" He asked, looking at the lift with a confused face.

The big EH
jacen came up panting with his lightsaber out and holding his side "it's was horrible, so damn horrible......i just saw the biggest friggin bug in my life eating a kath hound, it was disgusting" jacen said getting off the elavator panting a bit then stood up straight and his back cracked "ohh that felt good, ya we need more people down there, no padawans though" jacen told Marcoss

Ambiguity
Coryn looked back at the others, and then looked foward. He took a few steps, impatient with how long it was taking the others.

If indeed it is a Tarentatek, it won't be that tough of a battle that would require a battalion of Jedi... But I sense something more, but also something less.

"It isn't a Tarentatek... They are more aligned to the Dark Side, pure Evil if you will. This... This spot ahead of us is corrupt, but I highly doubt it's a Tarentatek. Perhaps one of the many creatures of the Shadowlands."

Or something more...

(For future reference, any thing italicized are Coryn's thoughts.)

Lt. Valerian
Master Jel-Kor turned to look at the Selkath, an eyebrow raised.

"Then what do you think it is, Coryn?"

darkxbox
((goodnight))

Lt. Valerian
*night*

Lt. Valerian
Jacen came down with other three more Jedi. We were ready.
"Alright, we're ready. Let's start moving slowly towards the dark side energy..."

Ambiguity
Master Jel-Kor turned to look at the Selkath, an eyebrow raised.

"Then what do you think it is, Coryn?"

"Something... Dark. Not human, but it's highly affiliated with the Dark Side of the Force."

Coryn stepped foward and raised his head again, his milky eyes closed, and he sniffed.

"Hssiss."

That one word would escape Coryn's mouth, and dread flowed through him. Hssiss, the Dark Side Dragon, would post quite a challenge, especially if there were more than one.

When Jacen came down, Coryn would let Jel-Kor fill the others in. Coryn simply took out his lightsaber, and started warily foward.

Lt. Valerian
Master Jel-Kor told everyone about the possible Hssiss there could be. Indeed, Dark Side Dragons, a mutation which only occurs in places strong with the dark side. They are no ordniary dragons, they are usually possessed with dark side spirits.

"Alright, then..." He said, lightsaber on hand. "Let's move out.."

DangerousBeauty
Reki crossed her arms and sat down to wait. "Just my luck. We finally get here and we cant even get down there to have some fun! My master is afraid of bugs, and us padawans get left in the woods... They were doing something down there..." She frowned and crawled to the ledge. "Hey guys I see sabers."

Lt. Valerian
Glenn approached Reki and leaned over to see if it was true.

"And they're moving..." He said, observing the masters and knights from afar. "They're moving slowly, and they look as if they are ready to fight..."

DangerousBeauty
She nodded and squinted her eyes. "Yeah they're watching something... I cant scence or see anything but something is down there... Do you think it's a Tarentatek?"

Lt. Valerian
Glenn tried to sense something, but he couldn't. They were too far.

"Could be... I know it's something really dangerous, at least."

DangerousBeauty
She nodded and sat up on her knees. "Well nothing is happening yet so it couldnt be anything too bad. Maybe it's only one since they only took the knights down... I just wish we could see what's going on down there. If it wernt for all this fog and darkness we'd be able to see everything."

Lt. Valerian
Glenn looked at the girl. He noticed she had beautiful eyes.

"Well, yeah... but it's probably better this way. That way they'll know just how powerful a Terentatek is, and then tell us if we're good enough,"

DangerousBeauty
She looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah I guess you're right. We would probaby just get in the way... Besides my master has never fought a Tarentatek before so I'd like him to have a taste of it's power before I did... Just so I can get an idea of what we're up against. Who is your master?" She looked back down into the darkness, scaning the sabers for a color she knew. 'Master where are you?'

Lt. Valerian
"He's Master Jel-Kor. You know... the guy who kinda adopted the role of 'group leader' and has been shouting and giving orders the whole trip," He replied, smiling.

DangerousBeauty
She grinned and laughed softly. "Oh... Him.. Yeah I know him. Poor guy. My Master is the bug guy... He's not as bad as he looks." She smiled and stood up, dusting herself off. "I wish they'd hurry up down there... We might get stuck having to make camp if it takes any longer." She smiled again and winked at Glenn. It was a 'just kidding' wink.

((night be on early in the morning. xoxo everyone!))

Lt. Valerian
Glenn smiled back.

"Well... it might actually happen, you know."

*night, DB*

Captain REX
Karkarvos keeps silent, observing his surroundings in the Shadowlands to be prepared for anything whilst the others chatter away.

Lt. Valerian
*They're actually not chatting... the Padawans are the ones chatting.*

Captain REX
No matter.

Lt. Valerian
*Okay. I feel really ill, so I'm off. Night. We'll continue tommorrow morning.*

The big EH
juno lokked over the edge to "well corran is the one with the two double blades and jacen usually keeps his blade unignited until the last second" juno told them watching the lights below, she was a very good student, not as good when it came to socializing
~~~
jacen kept silent as they drew closer to it same with corran

Lt. Valerian
*Feeling a lot better now smile*

The Jedi approached the dark side zone wth caution... when they finally get there, they stand surprised: what the...? There are no dark side beasts, nor any other creature, yet the dark side energy is felt within the zone.

"This is strange... keep your guard up..." Master Jel-Kor said, looking around as the whole group of Jedi stood firm, lightsabers ignited, giving their backs to each other for protection.

(AOTC: Mace & Kenobi - Execution Arena reference)

The big EH
jacen strayed slightly away from the group "come on lets get the padawans down before things get to dangerous" jacen said as he walked back towards the elavator "and you know Revan killed a sith here during his travels, it could just be the dark side energy from him" jacen said and started walking backwards for a few seconds

Captain REX
"No," Karkarvos says, standing in Jacen's path. "We are not bringing Padawans into the Shadowlands. All we will bring out is their corpses. We have been lucky so far; there are worse things than Katarns living in these gargantuan forests."

Lt. Valerian
"Karkarvos is right," Jel-Kor agreed. "We cannot bring the Padawans down yet. I feel something else. Not a simple spirit. As if there was something dark in the air. We won't bring the Padawans down. At least not befo---"

Suddenly, out of thin air, five giant lizards appeared right in front of the Jedi. Hssiss. Somehow they had been conceal their presence from them. The slaughter had begun.

The big EH
"this is a test for them, if they dont get to-" jacen said but noticed the creatures and shiot at one with his lanvarok then ignited his saber

The big EH
~sorry had to go to the bathoom and posted it at school~
corran got into his unique stance and watched the creatures as the lanvarok flew at one

Ambiguity
The motion was quick, fluid, graveful. A sudden hum sparked threw the air, and the Selkath lept, bringing down a bright green blade onto the Dragon in front of him. The scales, though, were tough, but the heat of the lightsaber sliced through the Hssiss' skin, leaving a deep gash on it's shoulder. With another graceful spin, the Hssiss' head dropped to the ground, in a great shriek of agony.

Without a moments notice, another Hssiss lept towards Coryn, eyes full of hate and wanting revenge, and slashed. Instinctively, the Selkath threw up his arm in defense, and the claws dug deep into his skin, the Dark Side Poison seeping quickly into Coryn's veins. Ignoring the immense pain, Coryn stabbed his saber into the gut of the Hssiss, and Force Pushed it away. It landed with a thud, but was back up in moments to continue the attack.

Coryn had a moments decision. While the other Hssiss' attention was attracted to the other Jedi, Coryn could dispatch of this one and return to help.

Or he could flee.

The Dark Side was already in his veins, and if he didn't hurry away, he'd fall into a catatonic state and succumb to death's grasp. Coryn huffed, and then lept foward, towards the Hssiss, his throat making distorted gunting noises, and he jammed his saber into the middle of the Hssiss skull. The Hssiss roared, and then slashed the Selkath again, across the stomach, before slumping over, dead.

Coryn looked back at the Jedi. Three more Hssiss surrounded them, and Coryn had gone and exerted to much of himself. His Force Sight blurred, like a TV with bad reception, and then everything went dark, as the Force within Coryn dissapated, leaving him blind, and defenseless.

"Help! Friends, I am in desperate need of your assistance!" The Selkath gurgled, spitting up a small amount of blood. Coryn pressed his fingers to the wound on his stomach, and found it much deeper than he'd expected.

"Dispatch these ruthless dragons! Save me!"

Coryn had apparently begun to lose his sanity, being trapped in an ever-lingering darkness, without any way to sense what was going on, and it felt like the Force had abandoned him entirely.

"Please..." He whined, and then slumped down on the corpse of the Hssiss, unconcious.

DangerousBeauty
Satana was moving away from the edge when she saw movment below. "We have a fight. Master has drawn his saber." She knelt back down by the edge.

Lt. Valerian
Out of nowhere, once again, two more Hssiss appeared. Master Jel-Kor and the other masters had already dispatched of one of the three remaining, and another was agonizing, when he noticed the reinforcements.

"Damn it..." He said.

He turned to look around and saw the Selkath, Master Coryn, lying on the ground.

"Hold the bastards. I'll help Coryn!" He said, and went running towards the weakened Selkath.

He was lying on the back of the dead dragon. He seemed lost, somehow... Jel-Kor used his Force-healing ability to try and cure his wounds. "Don't worry, my friend... you'll be fine," He said, although the master knew he couldn't listen.
He turned to look at the rest of the group and noticed they had killed three more Hssiss; two remained.

"Hold them as long as you can, I'm taking him to the lift!" He said, and ran towards the lift in an extremely fast rate, using Force-speed.

Ambiguity
When Jel-Kor used words of reassurement, Coryn merely groaned it away.
His body had started trembling by the time that they'd made it to the lift, and beads of sweat started forming on his body as they started to rise.

Lt. Valerian
Finally, they reached the top. Jel-Kor was carrying Coryn. The Padawans looked puzzled. "What happened?? What's wrong?" They asked desperately.

"He got bitten by a Hssiss. People who have been taught the power Force-heal come forward, now!"

The big EH
jacen cut at a hssiss stabbing deep into it and shot the lanvarok at another as corran's blades moved arround dazziling, it took amazing dexterity not to kill himself

0°Mandalore°0
Master Marcross sliced through another's skull with his lightsaber, while another master tried to back one off.

darkxbox
del sliced into a hississ. ((where are we now?)) another came up behind him.

0°Mandalore°0
(We are in Kashyyyk in the Shadowlands)

darkxbox
((kk)) the hississ claws slashed del as 2 more distracted him. he screamed out in pain and fell to the ground. he used force blast to shove the three away. he stood trembling and limped to the elevator, cutting down a lanvarok.

Lt. Valerian
Glenn watched his master and several other use the heal power on the poor Selkath. He wanted to ask, but he knew his master wouldn't pay attention right now.

He then turned down to the Shadowlands. He noticed there were still lightsabers shining in the darkness... the he turned to see the ropes holding the lift. They were moving.

"Someone else is coming up!" He shouted, making sure everyone listened.

darkxbox
del sputtered and coughed up blood as the lift carried him up. he fell to the floor and blood poured from the gash. the lift reached the top and he groaned at the sudden stop. david ran up and tried to drag his master off of the lift. "i need help!"

Lt. Valerian
Master Jel-Kor, who was still treating the Selkath, turned around to see Del.

"Oh, crap... not another one," He said. "Alright, you, you... and you, go help him!" He ordered two of the Padawans who were aiding him with Coryn, and another one, who he knew had the ability to heal, as well. "I'll take care of Coryn myself,"

DangerousBeauty
Rei jumped to her feet and ran to help David with his master. "My god what's happening down there?!" She lifted Del's feet and helped to carry him from the lift. "Get soem water from my pack David. We need to keep him awake until someone who knows how to heal can help." She ripped part of her robe off and waited for David to bring her the bottle of water.

darkxbox
david and the others dragged del off of the lift. "your gonna be ok, dont worry." tears bordered davids eyes as he tried to heal. "come on... come on... come on!.." but he couldnt. david had never been good at healing. "COME ON!" all of a sudden, force power surged out of davids hands. he watched as the glowing energy rippelled from his hands, and then...... nothing. david realised he had been imagining things. only a second had passed since he had tried healing his master. someone had pushed him away and called him useless. he looked at his master.

del felt the force trying to heal him. he turned and faced the padawans. "no... it is... usele.. usele-" he went limp. jedi night, del gona, was dead.

DangerousBeauty
umm... i just got ignored... ok then.))

Lt. Valerian
*he was supposed to die, anyway.*

Glenn looked down at the dead master. *This... this can't be right... he's... dead.*

His eyes widened.

Ambiguity
Master Jel-Kor, who was still treating the Selkath, turned around to see Del.

"Oh, crap... not another one," He said. "Alright, you, you... and you, go help him!" He ordered two of the Padawans who were aiding him with Coryn, and another one, who he knew had the ability to heal, as well. "I'll take care of Coryn myself,"

At the bottom of the massive crevice was a metal walkway. It extened on until an openeing down at the end.
"Come on, Coryn!" Mety yelled, and they both swam on into a great opening, with open ocean as far as the eye could see. But just to the left was a factory...
"It's the underwater Kolto facility! From the Jedi Civil War!" Mety exclaimed, and swam over, followed by Coryn.
An old computer panel sat in front of two containers, both containing liquids. The one of the left was cracked.
"I wonder if it works..." Mety pressed a button, and the panel emitted 'Warning! Tank one damaged, comencing emergency overload procedures.'
"Um... Mety, what does tha-" Coryn was inturrupted by a loud mechanical grinding, and the tank on the left was emptied, and the tank on the right began to fill rapidly.
"Mety, I think we should go!" Coryn yelled, sensing something was wrong.
"Calm down, tadpole, it's just making sure nothing goes wrong."
The tank at the right had filled, and for a moment, nothing happened.
"See. Told you!"
And then the tank gurgled, clanked, and a huge explosion occured, causing both Mety and Coryn to be sent rocketing backwards. Chemicals shot out every which way, and when Coryn got his bearings and looked back at the tank, he was hit in the eyes by something that burnt, and smelt like rotting fish.
Mety yelled, and Coryn started thrashing and flailing, and he couldn't get his eyes open... It was all so bad...

Coryn jerked awake, his Force Vision returning, and sat up screaming.
"NO! METY HELP ME! I'M BLIND! BLIND!" Coryn thrashed out of Jel-Kor's reach, and took off down the Wookiee's tree-built pathway, but mistook the railing for a continuing path in his madness, and flipped over the side, plummeting to the ground below.

Lt. Valerian
Jel-Kor tried to get him before he fell, but it was too late. He looked back at the Padawans. They were in a shocked state. *Everything's just going horrible...* He thought.

He looked back at the darkness of the Shadowlands and noticed his friends had already killed the remaining dragons and were heading towards the lift.

"Stay here, all of you," He ordered the Padawans. "I'll be back in a few minutes." He said, and then he tapped the button on the wooden machine and started heading down once more.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>