Yoda vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolfpack86
Who do you think takes it, Yoda or Maul?

1)Force

2)Sabers

3)All Out

Lt. Valerian
Yoda is on par with Sidious, as of ROTS... what makes you think Maul has a chance?

The big EH
still stand by the fact that yoa was holding back until the force lighting thin that sent them back, and because yoda was closer to the edge fell an injured his back from the explosion, normally yoda would have beaten palps like my nieghbor beats his wife.......bu bac to the topic at hand yoda would win all categories by a landslide

Blue_Hefner
Yoda with both hands behind his back

Janus Marius
Originally posted by The big EH
still stand by the fact that yoa was holding back until the force lighting thin that sent them back, and because yoda was closer to the edge fell an injured his back from the explosion, normally yoda would have beaten palps like my nieghbor beats his wife.......bu bac to the topic at hand yoda would win all categories by a landslide

lmao

Blax_Hydralisk
*sigh*

**** Darth Maul. Forget the ancient Sith being overrated, or Sideous.

It's all Maul.

Lord Knightfa11
this is a joke, right? seriously first yoda vs krayt and now this?

no chance for maul. he gets ninjad

wolfpack86
O.K. good, it seems everyone is pretty much on the same page on this one, but I had to prove a point to one of my friends, who was saying that Yoda couldn't handle people like Maul with double sabers because he's too small and Maul is too powerful, and that he would send Yoda flying with his powerful lightsaber attacks, because he doesn't weigh enough.

Lord Knightfa11
ha... your freind is an idiot. tell him i said so.

wolfpack86
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
ha... your freind is an idiot. tell him i said so.

Will do yes

McLovin
Originally posted by The big EH

Hahahahah.

Win.

darthsith19
Yoda wins, but Maul lasts a little while in a saber duel.

skywalker833
that is true, but darth maul was trained to be a very powerful lightsaber combatant, i think it could be a tie in sber.

Gideon
Originally posted by skywalker833
that is true, but darth maul was trained to be a very powerful lightsaber combatant, i think it could be a tie in sber.

No.

Darth Maul is an enormously talented combatant, and that is where Blax_Hydralisk and I have a vast disagreement. He was trained under Darth Sidious's unparalleled training regimen from infancy, indoctrinated in various martial arts, and has "pushed his physical and Force-assisted abilities to the utmost" and if I take the liberty of quoting another source:

Essentially, Maul is the shit with a lightsaber. That said, he has not even begun to register next to Yoda's eight centuries of combat experience, and though he is most certainly the diminutive Jedi's superior in terms of physical combat, he has not displayed anything approaching the same speed and agility that allowed Yoda to evade three armed Council masters in demonstration. Add to the fact that Yoda was able to drive Count Dooku off twice (once on Vjun, a planet steeped in the dark side, which would enhance Dooku's own prowess and likely stifle Yoda's own), Maul does not compare.

Yoda wins comfortably in lightsaber combat and, for lack of better expression, beats Maul's ass handily and effortlessly in Force combat.

Blax_Hydralisk
Gideon.

Jar-Kai.

And I don't despute that he is "skilled", I just don't think he's nearly as good as peopel felate him to be, and I think TPM Obi-Wan beat him cleanly, because he is simply more skilled.

That is, I suppose, where the disagreeement is.

Gideon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Gideon.

Jar-Kai.

And I don't despute that he is "skilled", I just don't think he's nearly as good as peopel felate him to be, and I think TPM Obi-Wan beat him cleanly, because he is simply more skilled.

That is, I suppose, where the disagreeement is.

Every other source disagrees, Blax, and I would point out that if Obi-Wan, despite lesser training and inferior experience, was "more skilled" than Darth Maul, how come Kenobi's confirmed superior failed to defeat the Sith Lord? Better yet, how come the two of them combined weren't enough to overwhelm him? The only time that Obi-Wan had the "edge" in combat over Maul is when he briefly gave into his anger. And that was a temporary advantage, as Maul relieved him of his lightsaber and toppled him into the melting pit.

No one here is fellating him. As I said, he doesn't stand a chance against Yoda in combat, but really -- TPM Obi-Wan superior to him? I don't think so.

Blax_Hydralisk
Depends on your definition of "skill". Maul had better training, yet ended up getting put on his ass in under ten seconds by Obi-Wan who was, imo, simply going all out. Anakin is more "skilled" then both Obi-Wan and Dooku, even though they both have superior training and experience.

It's actually logical to assume that the two of them failed to do it while Obi-Wan succeeded alone because A) It's certainly harder for two people to fight one man with swords when you're both using a form that involves swinging wildly and spinning. You have to worry about not cutting your own allie's head off. B) It took Qui-Gon's death to finally give Obi-Wan the mental push to get serious go all out it's at this point that Maul suddenly can't cope. People say that if there was no shaft for them to fall in, Maul would have eventually won. I disagree because from what we saw Obi-Wan and Maul were on equal footing, and Maul had already lost the second half of his lightsaber.

Maul is certainty fellated, maybe not in this thread, but he is. Giving Rots Obi-Wan a "run for his money" and solo'ing TPM Jedi Council is certainly fellation imo.

As you said, the sources disagree with me, though. So I can't make an actual case in a debate with canon going against me. At this point, it's nothing more then a personal viewpoint of mine that I troll endlessly.

Gideon
But they both managed to engage him; they weren't tripping or stumbling over one another and thus had to restrain themselves. He fended them both off, and once he separated them, he overpowered them handily.

And if tapping into your rage is the definition of going all out, then no Jedi ever has. At that point, Obi-Wan wanted to slaughter Maul out of revenge for what the Sith Lord did to his master, not merely wanting to eliminate the threat being posed. That is what leads to the dark side. And tapping into one's rage gives one the advantage. Don't forget, this is exactly what Luke did in Return of the Jedi against Vader. Does that mean that he was more skilled or more powerful? Hell. No. It means that in those circumstances, his anger gave him an overwhelming -- if only temporary -- advantage. And when Kenobi lost it, Maul outmaneuvered him.

In natural ability, no, Kenobi does not begin to compare. The novelization confirms that Kenobi was "not yet" Qui-Gon's equal, and you saw what Maul did to him. The superior fighter wasn't enough and neither were the two together. Maul's sin was hubris and that was what resulted in his defeat, not inferior skill.

Though, I understand it is your opinion, and so I'll respect it.

skywalker833
I agree with Gideon on this one. Tapping into your rage is definitely not skill.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well, I think that by tapping into his rage, it allowed him to simply tap into his skill. He wasn't held back, and imo that's what the dark side is all about.. basically just allowing you to go totally all out. Aside from his strong conenction to the force, the main reason why Anakin was so good was because he was constantly pissed... so he was always fighting at his best.

At least, that's my interpretation.

Lord Knightfa11
have you ever tried to kick someones ass while your pissed? you are far more able to fight when you are cool enough to know whats happening. and i know. trust me... i know.

Blax_Hydralisk
And I can tell you that sometimes when you're fighting for the sake of someone you've lost, you tend to be more focused as well.

It kind of works both ways. People find inspiration in everything.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Gideon
Every other source disagrees, Blax, and I would point out that if Obi-Wan, despite lesser training and inferior experience, was "more skilled" than Darth Maul, how come Kenobi's confirmed superior failed to defeat the Sith Lord? Better yet, how come the two of them combined weren't enough to overwhelm him? The only time that Obi-Wan had the "edge" in combat over Maul is when he briefly gave into his anger. And that was a temporary advantage, as Maul relieved him of his lightsaber and toppled him into the melting pit.

No one here is fellating him. As I said, he doesn't stand a chance against Yoda in combat, but really -- TPM Obi-Wan superior to him? I don't think so.

an imperfect source (the jedi council), confirmed qui-gon as superior to obi wan.

but obi wan was younger and had more stamina, qui-gon was past his prime. so i say tpm obi is better, after all he won right

Blax_Hydralisk
As far as debating is concerned, Obi-Wan won via PIS and I think CIS.

As far as reality is concerned.. Obi-Wan won because he had better senses. He kept his his head in the game and didn't get cocky like Maul did, which resulted in Maul's defeat.

Janus Marius
Actually, Obi-Wan while raging was able to temporarily overcome Maul, but in the end it was this lack of focus which allowed a simple Force push to unbalance him and nearly lose the fight. Obi-Wan was simply not better than Maul at this point, though he sure as hell put him on his ass pretty quick. Any later incarnation of Obi-Wan would probably win, though.

EmperorSidious2
YODA without question maul stands no chance what so ever

Lord Stark
Staaahhp

/\/\_/\_7_|-|
yoda where it counts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.