Shin Akuma versus Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Shin Akuma seeks the ultimate challenge! Fight takes place on the Grand Canyons.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/43000/42685/65100-akuma_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/161331-hulk_400.jpg

psycho gundam
"SHUN-GOHU-SATSU!" *darkness* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akuma standing over bruce banner.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
"SHUN-GOHU-SATSU!" *darkness* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akuma standing over bruce banner.

Do you really believe that is the way it would play out?

Master-Borg
Hulk would prob survive the raging demon imo....the thing is, I doubt Hulk ever lands a hit on Shin Akuma

psycho gundam
well, I thought I should just skip all the filler and get to the coup de grace.

I can't see hulk avoiding it or akuma for that matter and he will pull the move off if he deems hulk worthy enough to die like a man.

the only way for that move to "malfunction" is to empty your mind of all evil thoughts and killing intent. the hulk is killing intent personified, this is almost ironic. the move violently tears your soul out of this dimention and slams it into hell where demons most likely begin to feed on it for eternity.

after all it is the definition of the japanese assasin art and the most deadly move in his arsenal for a reason.

CaptainStoic
Why is it that people attempt to make the Hulk into less than he is? The Hulk has tagged speedy fighters before, look at what he did to Ironfist back in the day.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Why is it that people attempt to make the Hulk into less than he is? The Hulk has tagged speedy fighters before, look at what he did to Ironfist back in the day. shin akuma is prob faster than Iron Fist

psycho gundam
akuma can go into wraith form in an instant and his level of fighting technique is flawless, no movement is waisted or missed, all of them are potentially killing blows.

Accel
the only way for that move to "malfunction" is to empty your mind of all evil thoughts and killing intent. the hulk is killing intent personified, this is almost ironic.
Not really, it's basically rage personified. Killing plays almost no role at all in it.

Hulk's always taken precaution to never kill any humans, even when they were attacking him or something. As a matter of fact, I don't think he ever officially killed any one until that Las Vegas incident that got him sent up into space.

psycho gundam
on panel killing, collateral damage is the hulks middle name

Accel
Collateral damage =/= killing intent. Otherwise every single hero in comics would be just as guilty.

Battlehammer
on panel killing, collateral damage is the hulks middle name
actaully Hulk really never killed any one.

Mindset
It's stupid that they came up with Hulk never killing anyone.

Actually he did kill a villain before, I forgot whom, but it was said that he had to or something.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
It's stupid that they came up with Hulk never killing anyone.

Actually he did kill a villain before, I forgot whom, but it was said that he had to or something.

Actaully it all ways been said that Hulk had never killed any one.

Actaully Hulk killing people was a new thing which was quickly recconned.

\so im not entirly sure were your statment comming from.

Mindset
Actually it was never said he didn't kill people in his rampages, that is something new. I'm not talking about him walking up to someone and beating them to death, I'm talking about the collateral damage he caused killing someone.

psycho gundam
monsters? animals? they count you know.

psycho gundam
like the other guy said, rage is the trigger for your descent into hell
even if you hate akuma for what he is doing which is why his brother died by the move.

akuma killed his own brother with the technique and his brother was ideologically opposite to akuma.

gouken(his brother) is the shidoshi of ken and ryu, he taught them not to kill and to curb their powers to not severely harm their opponents.
for example, the shoryuken in of itself is supposed to be a oneshot killer.
it is supossed to burn the victim to cinders before the corpse hits the ground.
gouken had them get to that level but not use it for those reasons.

the tetsumaki sempukyaku is a cutting whirlwind attack that slices the opponent to pieces.

in the first game they had no visible energy accompany the moves but they were still hella strong, then in the 2 series and alpha, the moves had a flame manifestations to them to show you that after gouken died, they continued to elevate their power and discovered the flame manipulation on their own.

in three, ryu got to the point that he could almost face a normal akuma in personal combat without dieing.

akuma is just that damn strong

Mindset
killing intent does not mean it only applies to humans.

Mindset
like the other guy said, rage is the trigger for your descent into hell
even if you hate akuma for what he is doing which is why his brother died by the move.

akuma killed his own brother with the technique and his brother was ideologically opposite to akuma.

gouken(his brother) is the shidoshi of ken and ryu, he taught them not to kill and to curb their powers to not severely harm their opponents.
for example, the shoryuken in of itself is supposed to be a oneshot killer.
it is supossed to burn the victim to cinders before the corpse hits the ground.
gouken had them get to that level but not use it for those reasons.

the tetsumaki sempukyaku is a cutting whirlwind attach that slices the opponent to pieces.

in the first game they had no visible energy accompany the moves but they were still hella strong, then in the 2 series and alpha, the moves had a flame manifestations to them to show you that after gouken died, they continued to elevate their power and discovered the flame manipulation on their own.

in three, ryu got to the point that he could almost face a normal akuma in personal combat without dieing.

akuma is just that damn strong
Why has the dark hadou never affected Ken?

Mindset
I just took some ambien and now i feel ****ed up

Battlehammer
Actually it was never said he didn't kill people in his rampages, that is something new. I'm not talking about him walking up to someone and beating them to death, I'm talking about the collateral damage he caused killing someone.

no thats a new idea. Hulk was never ment to kill any one in his rampages. That was a entirly new idea which was quickly reconned.

Mindset
Are you sure?

psycho gundam
ken is not as spiritual as ryu, he is an american after all he sees things a little differently, plus he's rich. he once asked ryu why he is so serious.

Mindset
I guess I don't see who gets affected by the dark hadou, because Ken was the one who found his master killed by Akuma.

redhotrash
Akuma should be able to land his deathblow on any variation of the Hulk and take him out with it. The guy is increadibly fast (his "character" speed is a lot faster than his "game" speed). I'd definately give him the majority here.
In my opinion, Akuma is as far beyond Iron Fist as Iron Fist is beyond a normal untrained human.

Battlehammer
Are you sure?
im pritty sure. I could have mixed it up but I don't think so.

becuases the first time hulk was ever stated to have killed people was during the issue were he tore up a citie and thats when they got the idea to shoot him into space. But they later recconned it by saying Hulk had never killed any one in his rampages only caused damage.

Mindset
Ok, you've probably read more Hulk than me

psycho gundam
I guess I don't see who gets affected by the dark hadou, because Ken was the one who found his master killed by Akuma.
gouken was like a surrogate father to ryu, who is an orphan. ken has a family.

Mindset
But they basically became Kens family, his parents didn't really care about him.

Ryu's little brother in SFA the movie used it to.

I always thought that Akuma was actually Ryu's father, and that woud make sense how they both use the dark hadou.

psycho gundam
thats what street fighter generations says but i hear that movie is not canon but i could be wrong there. his brother shun? is not real.

llagrok
I wonder how many people died out of starvation and poverty after the Hulk destroyed their houses and life savings.

Dark-Jaxx
I guess I don't see who gets affected by the dark hadou, because Ken was the one who found his master killed by Akuma. Because Ryu is an incredibly angry 40 year old virgin.

Sado22
no way in hell is akuma gonna beat hulk..............or are you guys thinking that he can go toe-to-toe with thor and superman too now?

here is how it goes: akuma goes "shoosh" and hulk grabs him, eats him and shits out the prayer beads. Hulk wins in one of the worst stomps recorded. worse than hurricane versus undertaker erm

CaptainStoic
Ok, so let's say that the Hulk was as pissed as he was when Rick Jones was sliced open by the giant grasshopper (Miek), and Akuma was all fired up as well.

They charge after eachother, let's say that the Hulk isn't able to lay a finger on him, and Akuma goes to town hitting him with a terrific 100 hit combo that's does absolutely nothing to him because of his healing factor, and the fact that his hide gets tougher as he gets excited.

Back to the Rick Jones giant grasshopper (Miek) incident, in WWHulk#5. The Invisible woman had to throw up her forcefield, so that no one was injured by Banner's explosion of sorts. If you noticed, The Hulk really didn't have to touch anyone at that point for them to be in danger.

Another scenario is The Hulk's thunder clap it's flattened out building's, and can and has been used as a long distance attack. How about the Hulk's ability rip up huge chunks of real estate, or just the fact that he could rip the entire city block up, with Akuma on it and throw him into another state.

What does Akuma do when Banner grabs hold of the street and turn it into a tidal wave? Or stomps the ground causing a seismic event off the scales? How doe Akuma stay on his feet? Let me tell you what happens.

This is how it would go, The Hulk stomps on the ground (as seen on panel iirc), Akuma falls down stunned or worse, and the Hulk kicks him from New York to Chicago.

10, 09, 08, 07.....etc... etc.... GAME OVER!

Xplosive
akuma can go into wraith form in an instant and his level of fighting technique is flawless, no movement is waisted or missed, all of them are potentially killing blows.

Nothing of that would help 1% on Hulk. Nothing from Akuma that he can do with raw power can do anything slight to Hulk.
Anyway, Akuma Shun Goku Satsu should work on Hulk, because Hulk had his moments and sins. And to succeed in avoiding that attack is by clearing the mind of all desire, guilt, hatred, and anger and Hulk is full of them and wouldn't clear his mind. And no matter how powerful the Hulk is, Raging Demon should have effect on him and defaet him, because it doesn't attack only your body.

Originally posted by redhotrash
Akuma should be able to land his deathblow on any variation of the Hulk and take him out with it.

No, it shouldn't work even slightly on Hulk, since Hulk survived much much more powerful things.

Without Raging Demon Akuma is toast. And Shin Akuma is Akuma only that he is not holding back.

Sado22
people..................SGS would work only if akuma lasts that long. akuma was defeated by Gen Sifu in H2H fight when they were both going all out. he was also beaten by Gouken when they were younger.

now i'd LOVE to see any of you guys trying to tell me that gouken and gen sifu are stronger than hulk, are faster than hulk and are as durable as hulk.

this is a massive stomp. Hulk will literally tear akuma in half. its a joke.

hulk 10/10

word.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Sado22
people..................SGS would work only if akuma lasts that long. akuma was defeated by Gen Sifu in H2H fight when they were both going all out. he was also beaten by Gouken when they were younger.

He lost to Gen and Gen said Akuma was his toughest opponent ever. Gen also said that Akuma didn't master his powers yet.
He also lost to Gouken. Gouken also knew Akuma didn't master his powers yet and he knew when Akuma returns, he would be no match for him anymore. And he wasn't, he wasn't even challenge.
That is why Akuma sees and follows Ryu, because he sees in him as the most powerful warrior ever. He wants to die at the hands of the stronger fighter.

Like I said, without Raging Demon, Akuma is toast.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Xplosive
He lost to Gen and Gen said Akuma was his toughest opponent ever. Gen also said that Akuma didn't master his powers yet.
He also lost to Gouken. Gouken also knew Auam didn't master his powers yet and he knew when Akuma returns, he will br no match for him anymore. And he wasn't, he wasn't even challenge.
That is why Akuma sees and follows Ryu, because he sees in him as the most powerful warrior ever. He wants to die at the hands stronger fighter.

Who say's he even gets the chance to use the Raging Demon technique?
Ok I'll be fair.

9.5/10 Hulk FTW.

Xplosive
Who say's he even gets the chance to use the Raging Demon technique?

Let's also be honest, if Akuma wants, Hulk won't even be able to see where he is and see his movements.
So I think there should be no problem for Akuma at avoiding Hulk.

CaptainStoic
Let's also be honest, if Akuma wants, Hulk won't even be able to see where he is and see his movements.
So I think there should be no problem for Akuma at avoiding Hulk.

Where would he hide if the Hulk tore the city down around his ears? I mean imagine the Hulk stomping mudd puddles the size of lakes in Akuma's immediate vicinity? The Hulk really doesn't have to grab him to make him submit.

Are you sure Akuma shouldn't be fighting Mr. Satan (Hercule from DBZ)? He seems to be more in his class.

janus77
Hulk curbstomps 10/10.

not a chance in hell for Akuma.

Sado22
akuma can teleport, true. but how is he going to fight him if he aint in the same vicinity. and besides, there are no moves that akuma can do, that hulk can't take. simple as that. when akuma can pack a punch like Thor, call me.

right.......and how is he going to beat him. shower curses at him from afar? wink
j/k

Battlehammer
actaully in order to beat hulk I highly doubt you need to be thor level

Sado22
what makes you say that? sad

Endrict Nuul
What the Hell can Akuma or any SF character do to WWH to hurt him? Nothing...Hulk took on Marvel Comics top guns and some of them at the same time. One man manage to kinda stop him and Sentry is way above any SF character.

Hulk 1000000/10

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully in order to beat hulk I highly doubt you need to be thor level

Sure BFR him....that's the only way.

Battlehammer
what makes you say that? sad

If I am not mistaken current thor is king thor which is easily>>>>>any version of Hulk.

Also Most versions of Thor>>>>Hulk.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Sure BFR him....that's the only way.

Or simply beat the shitt out of him.

or god blast him.

or break him

actaully there quite a view things he could do.

Laminator_X
I've usually fount the assertion that Hulk's rampages never resulted in any collateral deaths to be preposterous. No deliberate murder is one thing, but Banner's the equivalent of a serial drunk driver.

Even if we buy some sort of miraculous evacuation-aura, we've sadly seen in recent years the physical toll that even cleaning up after that sort of destruction can exact. I'd consider a back-hoe operator who dies of acute resperatory distress at 35 to be no less a victim here.

(Some writers claims that Cap never killed during WWII are equally absurd.)

Now, if we're talking about murderous intent being the kicker, WWH would actually have a bigger problem than most Hulks.

Endrict Nuul
Or simply beat the shitt out of him.

or god blast him.

or break him

actaully there quite a view things he could do.

You said "actually in order to beat hulk I highly doubt you need to be on Thor's level"

Well, this applies anyone under Thor. So who under Thor can physically beat Hulk?

Battlehammer
gladeator, silver surfer, wonder woman, flash ect.

Hell immortal herc may even beabl to.

janus77
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I've usually fount the assertion that Hulk's rampages never resulted in any collateral deaths to be preposterous. No deliberate murder is one thing, but Banner's the equivalent of a serial drunk driver.

Even if we buy some sort of miraculous evacuation-aura, we've sadly seen in recent years the physical toll that even cleaning up after that sort of destruction can exact. I'd consider a back-hoe operator who dies of acute resperatory distress at 35 to be no less a victim here.

(Some writers claims that Cap never killed during WWII are equally absurd.)

Now, if we're talking about murderous intent being the kicker, WWH would actually have a bigger problem than most Hulks.
and what do you say about the weather/magnetosphere manipulators?
would you accept that anyone manipulating weather is causing vast - global - collateral damage?

basically these are comic characters and unless the character is stated to be a killer/immoral/uncaring, then you should accept the assertion that Hulk's always calculating the probabilities and making certain not to cause any fatalities as a result of his rampages.

otherwise you're just applying a double-standard, which might be said to be a reflection of your innate bias against the character.

IdiotGod
Current Thor is not King Thor. He still has the Odinpower but who knows if he'll be pulling off any super feats with it like before. He might end up being a top tier or just a bit above.

We'll have to wait and see.

ultimatethor
gladeator, silver surfer, wonder woman, flash ect.

Hell immortal herc may even beabl to.

Gladiator, silver surfer, flash agreed. Immortal herc and ww debatable.
Actually immortal herc is impossible.

IdiotGod
Mortal Herc is equal to Thor, let alone Immortal.
Silver Surfer is not below Thor.

ultimatethor
Hulk 10/10. Shin akuma has not a chance in hell. What is shin akuma speed lvl ? IF he aint moving close to light speed then the hulk is hitting him for sure. He been able to snatch speeding fighter jets out of the air and hit guys like wonderman and evn quicksilver. Now if shin akuma can
put a scratch on the hulk then i would actually declare him d winner. Seriously the hulk took storms lightning and human torches nova flame at the same time and was hurt at all. He actually made the sentry run out of enrgy while trying to put him down ( and he was hardly hurt). The same sentry has taken down terrax using only a fraction of his power. He was able to take a physical beating from strange possed by the near skyfather lvl demon zom and still come out all right. He held a freaking planet together.

Now in the past the weaker versions of the hulk have had their thundrclaps said to dwarf the most powerful hurricanes in history, have taken down entire forests with the surrounding villages, have flattened buildings and thrown away tanks and maybe most impressive have taken down beings with ultra high durability like wonderman ad hyperion. This considerably more powerful version of hulk would have an evn more powerful clap. If one punch landed on shin akuma the fight would be over. The hulks punches hav shaken the rocky mountains, smashed onslaughts armour and i dont evn want to talk about what he did at the end of WWH.

Heck the hulk has evn used his breath to blow down nearly an entire forest. Shin akuma would lose terribly

Doogle
hulk 10/10

ultimatethor
Originally posted by IdiotGod
Mortal Herc is equal to Thor, let alone Immortal.
Silver Surfer is not below Thor.

Of course SS is not below thor. I consider a non jobbing surfer quite a bit above thor actually. Saying mortal herc or immortal is equal to thor is bordering on lunacy. Any version of hulk is above hercules period. As he showed in WWh hulk could hv killed herc any time he wanted to

thadarknite84
I like this battle a lot, but the Hulk, the Hulk! Shin Akuma is a beast, but the Hulk is a monster! I don't see in anyway Shin Akuma taking out the Hulk. Just one massive hit from the Hulk, will be like a gamma explosion. Down gos Shin Akuma.

psycho gundam
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sawFg3DeTJU

^from the ocean floor mind you.

akuma has almost the same personality as the hulk;wants to be left alone.(akuma will maim any person disrespectful enough to bother him and kill those who try to fight him no matter how strong), believes to be the strongest(akuma knows he is one of the most powerful beings in existence and will do as he wishes because he cannot be stopped, and reclusive nature(just like the hulk akuma realizes his overwhelming power and chooses to remove himself from people to dwell on his own thoughts.

trick brought up the island feat, that is a perfect example of emotions and power akin to wwh. casual oneshot of an island because people discovering him train there.

psycho gundam
look, we can dance around the subject all day but when you get down to it, the surrounding area will be destroyed and thousands of lives will be lost.

both combatants will only get stronger and when that happens, akuma will finally deem hulk worthy of a warrior's death.

he will raise his right foot and slide over the ground towards the hulk with his arm's stretched out and finaly end the hulk.

ultimatethor
Hulk thunderclaps shin akuma to his death

Xplosive
akuma can teleport, true. but how is he going to fight him if he aint in the same vicinity. and besides, there are no moves that akuma can do, that hulk can't take. simple as that. when akuma can pack a punch like Thor, call me.

I don't know, are you stupid, arrogant or you just can't read good and follow what I wrote?

No, it shouldn't work even slightly on Hulk, since Hulk survived much much more powerful things.

Without Raging Demon Akuma is toast.

Nothing of that would help 1% on Hulk. Nothing from Akuma that he can do with raw power can do anything slight to Hulk.

psycho gundam
akuma is not toast, it will be a stalemate without the instant hell murder.

akuma wants to be succeeded by a stronger foe and has said after not finding a fighter able to match him "if there is no one able to defeat me on this planet, maybe I should just destroy it"

he is also a potential world breaker and in a fight with him, he will pull out the shun goku satsu to test you. so far only GEN has survived it, once, the second time(in the comic) it killed him days later

Mindset
How is Akuma a potential World breaker?

redhotrash
Its semi-amusing that so many people have a "definate" answer to this when they dont even understand both fighters. How exactly would Hulk's healing ability work against a move that essentially removes the soul from the body? Does that even make sense? Gen, an old sick man, survived it by using technique, not strength. There is no surviving the move unless you know how. Now that added to Akuma being able to teleport, fly, and being one of if not the best martial artists in the world I think gives him a advantage. Spider-man and Wolverine have both been able to use their skill and agility to land a few shots on the Hulk. The only difference here is that Akuma only needs 1 shot.
Also regardless of who wins, its a shame some of are so quick to try and shoot down someone's explanation without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

Xplosive
the second time(in the comic) it killed him days later

No, actually it killed him maybe minute after the fight.

How exactly would Hulk's healing ability work against a move that essentially removes the soul from the body?

That is why I said that without Raging Demon Akuma can't do anything (because in a physical fight he can't do anything to Hulk). But with Raging Demon it's a different, because it doesn't attack your body, but soul.
You have to clear you mind of hatred, anger and more... and Hulk won't succeed in that, so Akuma if uses that, Hulk goes down.
Hulk is more powerful being, much more powerful physically, but if they go for killing, Akuma takes this. But without killing Hulk, Akuma can't win this and would get crushed.

Master-Borg
But without killing Hulk, Akuma can't win this and would get crushed.

I don't see the Hulk landing a hit on him.

CaptainStoic
Its semi-amusing that so many people have a "definate" answer to this when they dont even understand both fighters. How exactly would Hulk's healing ability work against a move that essentially removes the soul from the body? Does that even make sense? Gen, an old sick man, survived it by using technique, not strength. There is no surviving the move unless you know how. Now that added to Akuma being able to teleport, fly, and being one of if not the best martial artists in the world I think gives him a advantage. Spider-man and Wolverine have both been able to use their skill and agility to land a few shots on the Hulk. The only difference here is that Akuma only needs 1 shot.
Also regardless of who wins, its a shame some of are so quick to try and shoot down someone's explanation without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

The Hulk has lived without Banner before, it was killing him but that would have taken months to happen. In the meantime, how does Akuma not die from being punted out of the state?

psycho gundam
um...not getting punted...

you think hulk can punk someone like akuma, and shin akuma no less.
hulk's soul gets shredded eventualy.

Grammaton
FAO all Thor fanboys - you do need to be Thor level to challenge the Hulk because as I recall and the fanboys seem to forget Hulk has beaten Thor several times.

Hulk's rampages remind me of Doomsday's rampage through Metropolis - where he killed hundreds of people. It is nothing short of a miracle if nobody has died as a result of a Hulk-out in a populated area.

Doogle
Originally posted by Grammaton
FAO all Thor fanboys - you do need to be Thor level to challenge the Hulk because as I recall and the fanboys seem to forget Hulk has beaten Thor several times.

Hulk's rampages remind me of Doomsday's rampage through Metropolis - where he killed hundreds of people. It is nothing short of a miracle if nobody has died as a result of a Hulk-out in a populated area.

Beat Thor? Name all these times, and not including when he threw him into a mountain.

Endrict Nuul
Akuma cannot take on Marvel the same way WWH did. No way Akuma can win.

WWH wins and noone will tell me other wise since it's MO.

Sado22
i'm pretty arrogant. yes. not ignorant though big grin
look man, this is a misunderstanding. i probably confused you with somebody else's post. simple as that.

okay so akuma sunk an island. right. and hulk can do a lot worse. read planet hulk for f--k's sake. Hulk in curbstomp 10/10. like i said, hulk can take blows from Thor. THE thor. call me when akuma can match thor or superman.

~Sado

Endrict Nuul

Thor is not in this fight......please don't spam thanks. I know this is about Cap it up's question.....

Kutulu
--- edit double post --- see below.

Kutulu

Cho said it himself - the Banner portion of Hulk's mind was in the background running the numbers, doing the calculations, etc. with a genius level intellect, calculating every move so as to not kill anybody.

It's on-panel and canon. The only time Hulk has killed people is when he had no choice (e.g. on Sakaar) and when he was separated for a while from his Hulk persona.

I fail to see how Shin Akuma grabs an instant win with his "raging demon" attack.

In the video game, the literal translation of the Kanji which appears when he does the move is as follows:

Shun Goku Satsu (Instant Hell Murder) also has the effect of dragging someone to hell to be attacked by demons - in short, a supernatural attack. Hulk has already survived numerous supernatural attacks and even punched Mephisto before. So it's not the instant win here that people make it out to be.

psycho gundam
^he still dies. if he comes back somehow like a week later looking for akuma, whats to stop him from going to hell again?

Bouboumaster
Hulk win

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Hulk win a first class ticket to Niffleheim.

CaptainStoic
um...not getting punted...

you think hulk can punk someone like akuma, and shin akuma no less.
hulk's soul gets shredded eventualy.

Look I know that you somehow believe that The Hulk is another version of Zangief, but he is not. Akuma has two legs correct? This means that he can be knocked off of his feet, due to a strong enough seismic event (Thunder stomp).

Did you know that The Hulk isn't as slow as you would imagine? Well that being said, once Akuma loses balance (and he has lost balance before) field goal!!! Banner punts him out of state.

The Hulk like I said before has lived without Banner being inside of him. If Akuma did this he would regret this more than fighting a merged Hulk, because if Banner is out of the Hulk there would be no mind to control the beast............ I'll leave the rest up to your imagination, I hope it's not too bloody.

psycho gundam
I love the hulk as much as the next guy but this is akuma we are talking about. japanese characters never really have lifting feats but they have ample amounts of smashing/busting feats that easily equal of surpass their american counterparts.

i see why you would think he is stronger than akuma, he never lifts anything but when it comes to devastating the landscape the hulk has a match in akuma any day.

all I know is that the shun goku satsu will sent jade jaws to hell in a hurry, hulk won't know what hit him but it will be as painful and a fight ending as an adam warlock soul gem rip.

Kutulu
^he still dies. if he comes back somehow like a week later looking for akuma, whats to stop him from going to hell again?

Akuma will also take damage by doing the attack against Hulk, difference is that Hulk will have it regenerated within a few seconds. Hulk has already survived on his own before in numerous Hell like dimensions, such as when he fought in Hel non stop for days. A few demons aren't going to instantly pwn him, he's not any mere mortal that gets defeated by demons with no defense. Hulk has withstood numerous mystical poundings before and gotten right back up to fight.

Gecko4lif
you dont need killing intent

all you need is self doubt

hulk gets 1 shotted

Kutulu
I love the hulk as much as the next guy but this is akuma we are talking about. japanese characters never really have lifting feats but they have ample amounts of smashing/busting feats that easily equal of surpass their american counterparts.

i see why you would think he is stronger than akuma, he never lifts anything but when it comes to devastating the landscape the hulk has a match in akuma any day.

all I know is that the shun goku satsu will sent jade jaws to hell in a hurry, hulk won't know what hit him but it will be as painful and a fight ending as an adam warlock soul gem rip.

It won't end the same; Hulk has numerous feats where he has resisted mystics and mystical attacks, along with fighting demons barehanded.

When the Shun Goku Satsu attack is performed, both opponents are transported to hell and suffer attacks from their own demons - Hulk will survive that. When they get back from Hell Hulk will be mad as hell and will utterly annihilate Shin Akuma. Shin Akuma has no planet busting level strength feats or damage feats. Putting Hulk through hell to get torn by his own personal demons will result in a SSJ Hulk like at the end of WWH # 5 - that's not something Akuma will be able to deal with.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Kutulu
Akuma will also take damage by doing the attack against Hulk, difference is that Hulk will have it regenerated within a few seconds. Hulk has already survived on his own before in numerous Hell like dimensions, such as when he fought in Hel non stop for days. A few demons aren't going to instantly pwn him, he's not any mere mortal that gets defeated by demons with no defense. Hulk has withstood numerous mystical poundings before and gotten right back up to fight. the difference here is his disembodied SOUL gets raped, not like when his body and mind were in mephisto's dimension able to fight back.

Kutulu
the difference here is his disembodied SOUL gets raped, not like when his body and mind were in mephisto's dimension able to fight back.

Hulk's SOUL raped Dr. Strange on the astral plane. Hulk's form carries over to the mystic, it's been shown on-panel time and time again. Dr. Strange was cheapshotted by Hulk / banner but it still shows Hulk has plenty of power on the astral as well as physical planes. He can grab energy with his hands like it's a solid object, and can see / manipulate astral beings just as easily as most people would to physical beings.

psycho gundam
hulk and akuma are very similar, the only thing is hulk lacks a means to defend from soul condemnation, which akuma will perform in the blink of an eye.

Kutulu
Hulk smash puny demon
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/mephisto.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/mephisto2.jpg

Kutulu
hulk and akuma are very similar, the only thing is hulk lacks a a means to defend from soul condemnation, which akuma will perform in the blink of an eye.

I will say it again - Hulk has shown many times to have the ability to affect the mystic world as much as the physical. He's broken the crimson bands of cytorrak (something which is considered impossible through purely physical strength alone), he has ripped his way through mystical barriers and has shaken countless dimensions while fighting in the otherworlds (for example his fight with Ironclad was said to have shaken "countless dimensions"wink.

psycho gundam
you call that hell? mephisto was speaking eloquently with hulk who was in a business suit. What the f**k?

im talking the biblical hell, the one way stop

Kutulu
you call that hell? mephisto was speaking eloquently with hulk who was in a business suit. What the f**k?

im talking the biblical hell, the one way stop

I will say it again - Hulk has fought in numerous alternate dimensions before. He fought for days non-stop in Hel's realm, even destroyed an entire mountain while there. He shrugged off Dr. Strange's mind spell. He has resistance to the mystic, it's on-panel. He's fought plenty of demons before as well.

psycho gundam
I will say it again - Hulk has shown many times to have the ability to affect the mystic world as much as the physical. He's broken the crimson bands of cytorrak (something which is considered impossible through purely physical strength alone), he has ripped his way through mystical barriers and has shaken countless dimensions while fighting in the otherworlds (for example his fight with Ironclad was said to have shaken "countless dimensions"wink. apples and oranges man,
hulks soul in this case is forcefully teleported to hell the hard way.
how does one's physical power or healing fend that off?

Kutulu
apples and oranges man,
hulks soul in this case is forcefully teleported to hell the hard way.
how does one's physical power or healing fend that off?

It's not apples and oranges. Hulk broke Dr. Strange's PHYSICAL hands by grabbing his spirit's hands in the astral realm. He can freely manipulate energy using his hands, including mystical sources.

The ONLY thing Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu is going to do is make him ten times angrier than he started off with after he relieves Caiera's death and numerous other regrets.

CaptainStoic
hulk and akuma are very similar, the only thing is hulk lacks a means to defend from soul condemnation, which akuma will perform in the blink of an eye.

Ok you can stop right there, besides you and Gecko (who hates Hulk or Marvel or both) no one believes Akuma wins this. Akuma is not like the Hulk, when Akuma gets hurt he stays hurt. Akuma draws power from the dark hado, he is basically demonically infused with a limited amount of power, the hulk has no limits, if they fought on another planet devoid of life the Hulk could survive the planets destruction, and live in space until he was discovered by another lifeform. Akuma would die from the explosion. How did this thread last this long?

Kutulu
Ok you can stop right there, besides you and Gecko (who hates Hulk or Marvel or both) no one believes Akuma wins this. Akuma is not like the Hulk, when Akuma gets hurt he stays hurt. Akuma draws power from the dark hado, he is basically demonically infused with a limited amount of power, the hulk has no limits, if they fought on another planet devoid of life the Hulk could survive the planets destruction, and live in space until he was discovered by another lifeform. Akuma would die from the explosion. How did this thread last this long?

Thanks to Gecko and psycho gundam thinking Shun Goku Satsu is an instant kill move. Let's see Akuma vs. Darkseid or Superman to see if Darkseid or Superman survives Shun Goku Satsu and Gecko's opinion of it killing anybody in one shot will suddenly change.

psycho gundam
the shun goko satsu is why, and again I reiterate I to love the hulk and am a marvel fan.

but i still think the hulks getting his ass sent to hell and there is no real means for him to avoid or come back from such an attack.

psycho gundam
Thanks to Gecko and psycho gundam thinking Shun Goku Satsu is an instant kill move. Let's see Akuma vs. Darkseid or Superman to see if Darkseid or Superman survives Shun Goku Satsu and Gecko's opinion of it killing anybody in one shot will suddenly change. if they have a soul and are not entities of some sort, their souls get ripped.

CaptainStoic
if they have a soul and are not entities of some sort, their souls get ripped.

Did you read what i said before??? The hulk does not need Banner to continue living, of course this makes him just like Doomsday, he would run around killing anything in sight, as he would have no mind to control his body. Stop it with this soul rip shyt, it would work on loads of guys, but not on the Hulk.

I'll say it one more time, the Hulk has lived without Banner being in his body on two seperate occassions, Onslaught incident and way back when he fought both teams of Avengers.

He does not need a soul to continue living.

Grammaton
Originally posted by Doogle
Beat Thor? Name all these times, and not including when he threw him into a mountain.

Are you seriously telling me Hulk has never beat Thor?...

Please tell me this is a joke.

psycho gundam
Did you read what i said before??? The hulk does not need Banner to continue living, of course this makes him just like Doomsday, he would run around killing anything in sight, as he would have no mind to control his body. Stop it with this soul rip shyt, it would work on loads of guys, but not on the Hulk.

I'll say it one more time, the Hulk has lived without Banner being in his body on two seperate occassions, Onslaught incident and way back when he fought both teams of Avengers.

He does not need a soul to continue living. so are you saying the hulk is a ghost or possesses his own soul separate from banner's? or he lacks a soul or doesn't need one?

janus77
so are you saying the hulk is a ghost or possesses his own soul separate from banner's? or he lacks a soul or doesn't need one?
seems from what the comics depict, that Hulk-Banner's soul splits (like the animal-human soul pairings in The Golden Compass) between Banner and Hulk when the Banner persona is made manifest separate of the Hulk.

in essence, Hulk and Banner retain cognizance and can act/think in a manner similar to how the do when one, but both feel 'less than whole' when in this state.

but all this is unnecessary as Akuma would never be able to even launch an elaborate attack on Hulk using magic. Hulk has great speed (surpassing escape velocity) and can physically combat magic.

Endrict Nuul
How well did Dr Strange do against WWH?

Endrict Nuul
I think SF/MK characters shouldn't be allowed is the VS forms.

The fanboys will overly amp them up and claim feats that the comic book fan like myself knows nothing about. You almost have to be the oddball comic book person to follow SF comics unless they use SF anime as feats, which is not allowed here.

janus77
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
How well did Dr Strange do against WWH?
the 'fights' were rather stupid.
Strange tried to invade his head using magic, didn't work. Hulk pretty much shut the door on him. then they met on the Astral Plane and Hulk suckered him into dropping his guard, allowing Hulk to crush his hands).
basically Hulk's still Hulk (power-wise) on the Astral Plane, it doesn't leave him at a disadvantage, all his physical power seems to just translate into ... metaphysical power.

after Strange got pissed off at this, he channelled a fraction of the power of ZOM, which might have been a tiny bit OTT but... anyway... they went at it. Zom/Strange dished out as much fury and vengeance as he could muster, to nil effect ... basically it was like punching a sandbag, the effects aren't permanent, until Zom/Strange got out of control and nearly killed some bystanders. at which point Hulk saved the innocents and then took his chance to counter attack. 3 punches and Zom/Strange was at death's door. the Zomling essence escaped from Strange and Strange was captured.

later Cho and Strange's man talk about the Zomling essence and seek to capture it before it possesses a body and begins trying to reform/channel the rest of itself. but seeing as Strange was channeling the power of Zom (well a fraction thereof), and had spent it in the battle ... it was pretty weak.

Endrict Nuul
In other word Dr Strange lost using magic.

So how can Akuma's magic even hurt WWH?

h1a8
Reading some you your posts easily convinces me that Hulk wins this.
Good debating!

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by h1a8
Reading some you your posts easily convinces me that Hulk wins this.
Good debating!

Who mine?

TricksterPriest
Bringing up the Mephisto vs. Hulk fight is a sign of desperation. Mephisto is both a notorious jobber, and also someone who deliberately throws fights.

He admitted that he threw that fight against Hulk.

2nd, Breaking Strange's hands is complete horseshit.

janus77
well argued, very persuasive use of facts ... confused.

how about Hulk ripping off Nightmare's head, or terrifying Nightmare in his own domain?

Kutulu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bringing up the Mephisto vs. Hulk fight is a sign of desperation. Mephisto is both a notorious jobber, and also someone who deliberately throws fights.

He admitted that he threw that fight against Hulk.

2nd, Breaking Strange's hands is complete horseshit.

It's not horseshit, Hulk has a long history of affecting astral forms, it's just that you don't know the character well enough to see that's part of his powerset. roll eyes (sarcastic)

psycho gundam
whats this talk of astral forms...hulk still can't defend the raging demon,
try to debunk that if you can.

Superboy Prime
Could Akuma survive a punch from Hulk?

I know he has nice durability as seen when he stands deep underwater before kicking the crap out of a tanker, but...is it Hulk surviving durability?

And about the ragin' demon: who says those demons would even tickle the Hulk?

IMO chances are Hulk beats the crap out of those demons and then shouts "Hulk SMASH" before continuing the match.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Could Akuma survive a punch from Hulk?

I know he has nice durability as seen when he stands deep underwater before kicking the crap out of a tanker, but...is it Hulk surviving durability?

And about the ragin' demon: who says those demons would even tickle the Hulk?

IMO chances are Hulk beats the crap out of those demons and then shouts "Hulk SMASH" before continuing the match. his soul can't punch.

japanese artists depict the soul as a small wisp of smoke or
light that looks like a distant star.

an astral form(i think this is what you are getting at) in american comics are said to be the "sheaths of the soul".
this means that one can be very alive apart from one's astral form for example, prof. X doing battle on the astral plane and leaving his body behind. I know very well that the hulk can touch astral forms but that is a different and irrelevant matter altogether.

what i mean is his soul is not coming back once taken from him unless an adam warlock(with soul gem) or dr.strange(with more effort in his case) retrieve and repair it somehow.

the battle will be long over before that comes to play, even if getting his soul back is possible.

CaptainStoic
his soul can't punch.

japanese artists depict the soul as a small wisp of smoke or
light that looks like a distant star.

an astral form(i think this is what you are getting at) in american comics are said to be the "sheaths of the soul".
this means that one can be very alive apart from one's astral form for example, prof. X doing battle on the astral plane and leaving his body behind. I know very well that the hulk can touch astral forms but that is a different and irrelevant matter altogether.

what i mean is his soul is not coming back once taken from him unless an adam warlock(with soul gem) or dr.strange(with more effort in his case) retrieve and repair it somehow.

the battle will be long over before that comes to play, even if getting his soul back is possible.

From the beginning of this thread, till now you, and a couple others are the only ones that truly believe Akuma would win this fight.

Perhaps it should have been left up to a poll. The very fact that Akuma only has one move that could possibly fail against Hulk shows that the odds of him winning are few.

Like others have stated in this thread the Hulk mystical defenses and has shown as much on panel.

The mere fact that the Shun Goku Satsu (Raging Demon) would leave Akuma spent and vulnerable was never mentioned by you. What if it did not work on the Hulk? What then?

Here read this
"Akuma and his brother Gouken were students of Goutetsu. Goutetsu taught a life-threatening martial art called Ansatsuken (Assassin Fist), which incorporates elements of karate, judo, and kempo. He also taught Shun Goku Satsu (literally Instant Hell Murder or The Raging Demon), a death technique which, although incredibly powerful, puts the user in considerable danger".

Taking this into consideration, Akuma may think twice about using such a potent move on the Hulk, because it would leave him in check.

psycho gundam
from what i hear the danger is akuma loosing more of his humanity the more he performs it.

his only danger is someone like ryu learning the move then doing it on him, his sins are multiplied by several magnitudes for becoming a true demon. then in hell, he will get the ultimate punishment.

psycho gundam
food for thought

Mindset
food for thought

Not really, he isn't gonna win in a strength match up.

psycho gundam
sure but. destructive power is equal

Mindset
No it's not, Hulk destroyed a asteroid larger than the Earth.

Mr. Slippyfist
I get annoyed by Hulk here as much as the next guy... but I don't get it. confused

Sado22
that's BS and noncanon.
food for thought:
hulk smash..............akuma shits out his liquified internal organs before he even knows whats happening.

people just dig it: hulk gets stronger and stronger the more you annoy him. akuma is strong but NOT strong enough to hurt hulk. like i said before if you say akuma can hurt hulk with his punches you are telling me that he can go toe-to-toe with THOR. and just so that we're clear:

Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Akuma

this is the single most miserable show of SF fanboyism i've seen since Trickerster priest left the VG versus thread wink

psycho gundam
why do people avoid the elephant in the room, the only thing i said from the beginning is the deciding factor is the raging demon.
hulk = rage/destruction, guess what fuels the decent to hell of a person hit with that technique. hulk dies cause he can't do shit about it.

Sado22
wasn't talking to you, actually.

Master-Borg
No it's not, Hulk destroyed a asteroid larger than the Earth. scan?

it just doesn't seem logical.

think about it, if Hulk hit the ground with ALL HIS power...what would happen. A crack, a huge crater, tremors, maybe an earthquake...but do you really see the entire Earth falling apart?

Sado22
akuma never destroyed asteroids pal. it was NONCANON.

psycho gundam
I know, but it's not out of the realm of possibility power wise.

Sado22
......and compared to hulk who, if i remember correct, practically reconnected the tectonic plates of another planet.

Mindset
Originally posted by Master-Borg
scan?

think about it, if Hulk hit the ground with ALL HIS power...what would happen. A crack, a huge crater, tremors, maybe an earthquake...but do you really see the entire Earth falling apart?

eat shit

psycho gundam
hulk is strength/rage, akuma is destruction/skill.

I can see how you all say akuma can't take a hulk punch, not many can but yet again I will say the raging demon is the deciding factor if these two should ever lock horns.

Sado22
agreed...........only it will never get to SGS. akuma probably wont be able to take more than 3 hits from hulk. if someone like Gen could put him down (an old fart DYING of lukemia at the time) sure as hell a huge, green, indestructable, rage driven, invulnerable, ever growing stronger, with healing factor and the most insane damage soak recorded monster who took on all of marvel alone can do it. and do it in less time.

~Sado

Rorschach
but do you really see the entire Earth falling apart?

Yes.

redhotrash
This is ridiculous, its gone from Hulk surviving the raging demon to Hulk fighting his way out of hell. The move doesnt work like that. This isnt A hell dimension, its THE hell dimension. No coming back unless a biblical figure fetches you. Strength or durablity is completely irrelevant. Also, tell me how the hell Hulk stomping his foot to stun someone is going to work when that person can FLY and TELEPORT. Im not putting Street Fighter people in Marvel's league, but Iam saying if Akuma hit his move, which I believe he could, it'd be over. The whole Hulk and Banner having seperate souls nonsense is stupid. Even if they did, Akuma is doing the move on the Hulk, so wouldnt that just leave Banner alive? Im not even sure what your argument was there...
Anyway, as I said, Akuma is very fast and agile. At least as much as Wolverine, so to say he couldnt land a move given his teleportation powers and skill is a bit much.
Also its generally agreed upon that the majority of what happend in WWH is b.s. anyhow. If your going to use Hulk beating Dr. Strange or Blackbolt, then you are giving up your right to ever argue in favor of Wolverine, Firelord, Darkseid, Superman, or any other character who got smashed in a poorly thought out low showing. With a wave of his hand Strange couldve put Hulk on the 2nd moon of Saturn.
On a side note, Gen didnt put Akuma down. He simply survived the raging demon using his skills as a martial artist, which impressed Akuma. For me, this really isnt even a issue of who'd win, its a issue of people's poor understanding of the character's involved, which is pretty much a given when you get Hulk fanboys together.

janus77
and all that screed amounts to?

tele-portation won't achieve jack when you've got a character who can grab speedsters like Jack of Hearts.

also the air pressure alone from a Thunderclap would rip the flesh off of Akuma.

Hulk wins. easy.

redhotrash
Because his thunderclap has done that to Spider-man before... and hes been able to snag up Wolverine without being hit....yeah.

janus77
because there's no limit to how much power he can put out, because if he wants to, he can break the world with a stomp, because he has held together a planet with his hands.

reason, it's like a breath of fresh air, take a few gulps every now and then smile.

psycho gundam
agreed...........only it will never get to SGS. akuma probably wont be able to take more than 3 hits from hulk. if someone like Gen could put him down (an old fart DYING of lukemia at the time) sure as hell a huge, green, indestructable, rage driven, invulnerable, ever growing stronger, with healing factor and the most insane damage soak recorded monster who took on all of marvel alone can do it. and do it in less time.

~Sado 1)gen was not a weak old man, he was a very strong martial artist turned invincible assassin who "unfortunately"developed leukemia. he could have killed akuma with his own zenai shadow fist.

2)looks like akuma will only have to pull off the raging demon at the start of the fight then if hulk is so imposingly powerful.

Grammaton
I can not see Akuma winning this in any shape or form.

Hulk 10/10

Milkie
scan?

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1953/mcp5230xc7.jpg

There are two more scans to this but I can't find them.

Asteroid's aren't made up of the same materials has the Earth.

Some asteroid's are made up of hard materials some are made of soft some are both. Some asteroid are made up of smaller asteroids all stuck together by gravity.

It's logical that they could be broken up but it's not logical for it not to hit the earth after being smashed.

I will also say Hulk's feat is more "logical" than Akuma's. It's not going to be moving slow in the sky like in the movies. Once that asteroid enters the atmosphere everything within a 1,000 degree radius that can see it would be killed instantly as a result to the extreme heat.

check out this video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-otmmI8mxF4&feature=related

As far as the match goes... I don't know who would win because I don't know enough about Akuma... maybe you guys should make a Street Fighter Respect Thread so we all can become knowledgeable about Street Fighter characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.