Green Lanterns Vs Team Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doogle
Hal Jordan
Kyle Raynor
Guy Gardner
John Stewart

Vs

Flash (Wally)
Flash (Bart)
Flash (Barry)
Flash (Jay

Takes place in NY. No prep.

Who wins?

Doogle
alien

Galan007
GL's

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
GL's

Doogle
I thought so, ill add Kid Flash (Wally) and Impulse to team Flash.

Yeah I know they're there but theres two of them then.

Southern_Rebel
I don't know...no CIS??? The Flash's rape the GL's before the rings ever get used.

Blair Wind
Auto shields. Gl's win

tjcoady
What I don't understand is how the Flashes would manage to hit flying opponents.

llagrok
Auto shields are shit.

Flashes.

janus77
amazing how all the guys who jump on the "Flash IMP/Speedblitz" thing when it comes to certain other matchups now cannot allow themselves to use the same logic here.

if Flash was even half of what people like to claim then A SINGLE Flash should beat the lot of them (GLs).

Tetragrammaton
I can't believe I agree with janus.

The same people who go crazy with the speed stealing, 1000 IMP's per second KMC Flash also choose to deny a fundamental aspect of how a GL's defense works.

janus77
Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
I can't believe I agree with janus.

The same people who go crazy with the speed stealing, 1000 IMP's per second KMC Flash also choose to deny a fundamental aspect of how a GL's defense work.
shh, you're making me doubt my logic now stick out tongue

Evangel94
Clearly Thanos win.

horrorwolf
Stalemate.

Flashes could just keep moving at superspeed and never get hit.
GL's could shield themselves or keep off the ground.

Soljer
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Stalemate.

Flashes could just keep moving at superspeed and never get hit.
GL's could shield themselves or keep off the ground.

One; rings can auto-lock.

Two; Green Lanterns run out of energy, even just flying/shielding.

So, neither of your claims to 'stalemate' really hold up. At all.

Southern_Rebel
Originally posted by Soljer

The rings can auto-lock? Can the power of the ring even catch up to the speedforce...to even even do anything to the Flash?

Tetragrammaton
Since the ring is attacking the actual person and not just where the person is standing, yes it can lock in on him. It'd be like the time Wally tried to run away from Shazam's lightning.

Southern_Rebel
Since the ring is attacking the actual person and not just where the person is standing, yes it can lock in on him. It'd be like the time Wally tried to run away from Shazam's lightning.

Yeah, but Flash could even make lightning look like it goes in slow motion...I just don't see how anyone can realistically tag the Flash.

Bullseye rarely ever misses his opponents when he locks in on them. If he threw a toothpick at the Flash..and the Flash saw him do it....no way in hell is Flash gonna get hit. He could maneuver himself behind Bullseye before the toothpick ever leaves his finger tips.

Tetragrammaton
That comparison doesn't work though since Bullseye is attacking based on location.

If GL tells his ring to make Flash explode, Flash will explode just that simply. It's not like his only choice is to shoot a laser beam.

Master-Borg

If GL tells his ring to make Flash explode, Flash will explode just that simply. It's not like his only choice is to shoot a laser beam.

a full-potential flash could kill the GL before the GL can fire a neural synapse to command its ring

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by Master-Borg
a full-potential flash could kill the GL before the GL can fire a neural synapse to command its ring
The same people who go crazy with the speed stealing, 1000 IMP's per second KMC Flash also choose to deny a fundamental aspect of how a GL's defense works.
You once again prove your worth.

Full potential Flash Vs moronic, handicapped enemy? Yup, this has definitely become your typical KMC Flash thread.

Symmetric Chaos
The Flashes all fire off a million IMPs in the space of an attosecond while unmaking spacetime as they run. The GL's explode into a quantum foam that echoes their unvoiced screams through the multiverse.

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The Flashes all fire off a million IMPs in the space of an attosecond while unmaking spacetime as they run. The GL's explode into a quantum foam that echoes their unvoiced screams through the multiverse.
Is this before or after they go kamikaze on the universe and beat Galactus with their heat touch?

Symmetric Chaos
Is this before or after they go kamikaze on the universe and beat Galactus with their heat touch?

What the f**k? It'll be happening at the same time. No before or after is involved.

Tetragrammaton
Oh yeah, I forgot it was FULL POTENTIAL FLASH ZOMG!

Master-Borg
You once again prove your worth.

Notice I said 'full-potential' Flash. There are few beings in the entire omniverse who can defeat a 'full-potential' flash, GLs are not even in the same class.

Symmetric Chaos
Notice I said 'full-potential' Flash. There are few beings in the entire omniverse who can defeat a 'full-potential' flash, GLs are not even in the same class.

Unless you use a 'full-potential' GL.

Master-Borg
Unless you use a 'full-potential' GL. I consider Hal and Kyle to be full-potential GLs.

Soljer
I consider Hal and Kyle to be full-potential GLs.

Then you should, likewise, consider Wally to be a full potential Flash.

Master-Borg
Then you should, likewise, consider Wally to be a full potential Flash. well, I mean full-potential, I mean both using their abilities to the best of their abilities.

And a full-potential Flash can bascially stop time, or give the appearance of it, I don't see a fullpotential GL countering that.

Soljer
well, I mean full-potential, I mean both using their abilities to the best of their abilities.

And a full-potential Flash can bascially stop time, or give the appearance of it, I don't see a fullpotential GL countering that.

A full potential Lantern can stop time, and travel through it just as easily as you walk through a doorway.

Symmetric Chaos
well, I mean full-potential, I mean both using their abilities to the best of their abilities.

A 'full potential' GL would actually stop time.

Mindset
A 'full potential' GL would actually stop time.

And get IMP right in the face! cool

Tetragrammaton
INFINITE MASS PUNCH X1000

Symmetric Chaos
Preach it!

Master-Borg
INFINITE MASS PUNCH X1000 actually if you read Kingdom Come, the Flash can literally be everywhere at once, so it would be akin to 1000 or a 1000000 or more Flashes fighting at once against GL

Symmetric Chaos
actually if you read Kingdom Come, the Flash can literally be everywhere at once, so it would be akin to 1000 or a 1000000 or more Flashes fighting at once against GL

Wally considerably more powerful in KC.

Mindset
Wally considerably more powerful in KC.

Lol that's an understatement.

Master-Borg
Wally considerably more powerful in KC. hence my point about fullpotential Flash being out of league of GLs...Wally hasnt reached his full potential yet

Soljer
A full power Lantern can recreate the Flash.

Or dozens of Flashes, for that matter.

So...

12,000 IMP/second > 1,000 IMP/second

smile.

Mindset
Full potential Flash stops all movement in the omniverse and and delivers a googolplex IMP to each gl within a Planck.

Tetragrammaton

So...

smile.
CAN HE DO THAT BEFORE WALLY DOES HIS HEAT TOUCH MELTING THE UNIVERZE? NOPE!

Symmetric Chaos

So...

smile.

GL still has human reaction times. Flash steals the universe's domepiece and drops GL on it.

Soljer

The Lantern wills the Universe back into being.

Master-Borg
CAN HE DO THAT BEFORE WALLY DOES HIS HEAT TOUCH MELTING THE UNIVERZE? NOPE! there's actually a great deal of truth to your sarcastic remark.

Master-Borg
GL still has human reaction times.

That is the KEY.

Symmetric Chaos
That is the KEY.

Actually this is the key:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/DCTheKey.jpg

But you were close.

Raoul
i'm actually going to side with the flashes on this one... lookaround

horrorwolf

embarrasment
Actually both claims hold.

1. If a GL starts to tap out of energy...why would they enter a fray of extreme speeding Flashes? They wouldn't....they could still easily avoid Flashes.

2. GL rings do not "auto-lock". They have their own speed of movement based on the bearer that as long as a Flash percieves ...can still potentially exceed or avoid altogether.

llagrok

But you were close.

lmao

Soljer
embarrasment
Actually both claims hold.

1. If a GL starts to tap out of energy...why would they enter a fray of extreme speeding Flashes? They wouldn't....they could still easily avoid Flashes.

2. GL rings do not "auto-lock". They have their own speed of movement based on the bearer that as long as a Flash percieves ...can still potentially exceed or avoid altogether.

1. Because they'd have no choice. No energy = no flight.

2. Yes they do. smile.

Phantom Zone
I think the Gls win, they do have autolock and ive seen Hal easily capture Zoom and John Stewart catch Flash. They probably dont even need the autolock.

Lord Feron
Yeah I also seen Flash break out by punching alot and Stewart wasent able to hold his concentration or something. More I read these Flash threads the more I see how utterly cheap he is just like superman. Since so many people think flash is some speed god that no one can mess with I will Say GL take the win just for the hell of it! Happy Dance

janus77
but the IMP????

oh and SPEED STEALING!

why aren't the usual crowd chanting in here?

hell people seriously give Flash a chance against The Surfer! why not GLs?

Tetragrammaton
Flash beating Surfer or GL are equally insane ideas.

cyberborg84

But you were close. laughing out loud laughing

horrorwolf
1. Because they'd have no choice. No energy = no flight.

2. Yes they do. smile.

Wrong.

Speedforce>>>GL rings.

The fastest Flash>>>>>even the fastest GL's speed of thought....which is what inhibits the ring itself.

Symmetric Chaos
There are several instances of GLs tampering with Flash's powers.

horrorwolf
There are several instances of GLs tampering with Flash's powers.

This is true.

Problem is there are just as many if not more of Flashes >>>>> speed of thought and speed-stealing. which is why I say Stalemate.

Both could potentially avoid damage from the other at will.

For they Flashes to win they would have to be able to physically reach the GL's somehow-meaning they have to somehow overcome both their flight and shielding.

For the GL's to take it, they have to be able to think faster than the Flashes could move OR react to effectively even use their rings.

Soljer

For the GL's to take it, they have to be able to think faster than the Flashes could move OR react to effectively even use their rings.

No they don't.

"Ring, incinerate the Flash."

"Ring, devolve the Flash."

"Ring, cut off Flash from the speedforce."

Voila.

Instant win.

batdude123
EDIT

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Flash wins.

Anyway who says differently is stupid.

Yeah! Those dumb ways!

Always saying differently.

batdude123
Yeah.

**** those ways. I hate 'em.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Evangel94
Clearly Thanos win. laughing
That comparison doesn't work though since Bullseye is attacking based on location.

If GL tells his ring to make Flash explode, Flash will explode just that simply. It's not like his only choice is to shoot a laser beam. no
No they don't.

Voila.

Instant win. blink
I can't tell who's trying to be sarcastic anymore...

horrorwolf
No they don't.

Voila.

Instant win.

wrong. and yes, yes they do.

The potential for stalemate is just too high on both sides.

Symmetric Chaos
No they don't.

Voila.

Instant win.

Flash regens.

Flash re-evolves.

I believe Savitar and Z have tried that. It ended poorly.

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
laughing
no
blink
I can't tell who's trying to be sarcastic anymore...
OneDumbG0

batdude123
Flash wins.

Anyone who says differently is stupid.

Master-Borg
With CIS, the GLs prob win.

Without CIS, and everyone utilizing the full extent of their powers, the Flashes will win.

End of discussion.

Soljer
Flash regens.

Flash re-evolves.

I believe Savitar and Z have tried that. It ended poorly.

The Flash isn't regenerating from molecular decomposition.

Tetragrammaton
With CIS, the GLs prob win.

Without CIS, and everyone utilizing the full extent of their powers, the Flashes will win.

End of discussion.
Except Flash can't get past GL's defense.

Such hypocrisy. Apparently,

Full potential Flash = KC Flash with no PIS/CIS

Full potential GL = Hal/Kyle with PIS/CIS

Awesome how that works out.

Doogle
Clearly Thanos win. Your a tool. no expression

Soljer

Such is the way of KMC.

llagrok
Soljer, you are such a GL fanboy smile

Symmetric Chaos
The Flash isn't regenerating from molecular decomposition.

Wally, Bart or Jay. No.

However, Barry might have been able to recover from that.

OneDumbG0
The Flash isn't regenerating from molecular decomposition. When did a GL will a person to decompose molecularly?

jrodslam
Lanterns win.

Wolverine2006
Flash>Green Lantern

Soljer
Originally posted by llagrok
Soljer, you are such a GL fanboy smile

Not at all.

Rather, I'm playing along.

Symmetric Chaos
Not at all.

Rather, I'm playing along.

Just like a fan-boy ha-son

OneDumbG0
I think they're being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure GLs haven't really done any of the things they're throwing around. Especially post-Crisis.

Tetragrammaton
Considering my main point throughout this thread has been how overrated Flash is, there's no reason to think I'm being sarcastic. Shit, the fact that you even think that says it all.

Master-Borg
Considering my main point throughout this thread has been how overrated Flash is, there's no reason to think I'm being sarcastic. Shit, the fact that you even think that says it all. You greatly overrate the GLs yourself.

Tetragrammaton
You greatly overrate the GLs yourself.
By saying they beat Flash which is something that's been shown consistently when the two match up in comics? laughing out loud crylaugh

OneDumbG0

If GL tells his ring to make Flash explode, Flash will explode just that simply. It's not like his only choice is to shoot a laser beam. You're actually serious about this? When has any Green Lantern ever told their ring to make an opponent explode?

Tetragrammaton
You're actually serious about this? When has any Green Lantern ever told their ring to make an opponent explode?
When's the last time Flash killed someone with a heat touch?

Master-Borg
By saying they beat Flash which is something that's been shown consistently when the two match up in comics? laughing out loud crylaugh

really...when has a GL faced a fullpotential Flash (ala KC Flash) in comics? please inform me, I'd like to read it. *snickers*

Master-Borg
When's the last time Flash killed someone with a heat touch? ummm...nobody mentioned heat touch besides you. confused

Tetragrammaton
there's actually a great deal of truth to your sarcastic remark.

Master-Borg
you misunderstood me, my point was that you were absolutely right about the fact that the GL couldn't do anything before Flash killed him, since Flashes reaction speed is infinitely faster than a GL's pathetically slow human level reactions.

My comment was not related at all to this 'heat touch' attack you bring up.

Tetragrammaton
really...when has a GL faced a fullpotential Flash (ala KC Flash) in comics? please inform me, I'd like to read it. *snickers*
KC Flash would have been vaporized if not for Green Lantern saving his life with that shield. Demi-God amirite? *snickers*

The guy had one real feat and some narrative talk up and he's treated as a God on this forum.

Tetragrammaton
you misunderstood me, my point was that you were absolutely right about the fact that the GL couldn't do anything before Flash killed him, since Flashes reaction speed is infinitely faster than a GL's pathetically slow human level reactions.

My comment was not related at all to this 'heat touch' attack you bring up.
Mind telling me how Flash gets past his shield?

Seriously, it's funny how nobody sees their hypocrisy on this issue.

TricksterPriest
Wally, Bart or Jay. No.

However, Barry might have been able to recover from that.

I've never understood how Barry had complete control of his molecular structure, or why he's the only Flash who can time travel accurately.

How come the others can't do that? confused

Master-Borg
Mind telling me how Flash gets past his shield?

Seriously, it's funny how nobody sees their hypocrisy on this issue. the thing is the shield isn't on....it turns on when it senses danger

but the thing is...when you're dealing with a threat on the level of speedforce...by the time danger posed is recognized by the ring, the wearer is already dead. Obviously this wouldn't happen in a comic though.

OneDumbG0
You're actually serious about this? When has any Green Lantern ever told their ring to make an opponent explode?
When's the last time Flash killed someone with a heat touch? I don't think he's serious, Master-Borg. He just avoids questions and throws out inane remarks.

Tetragrammaton
the thing is the shield isn't on....it turns on when it senses danger

but the thing is...when you're dealing with a threat on the level of speedforce...by the time danger posed is recognized by the ring, the wearer is already dead. Obviously this wouldn't happen in a comic though.
The ring can react and move at a rate of lightyears per second.

Tetragrammaton
I don't think he's serious, Master-Borg. He just avoids questions and throws out inane remarks.
Do I have to spell it out or what? no expression

You guys are speculating about Flashes power and thats deemed ok. I speculate about GL making an explosion, relatively simple based on what they've done in the past, and thats bullshit? Get real.

Evangel94
Clearly Thanos wins.

Master-Borg
The ring can react and move at a rate of lightyears per second. hmm ok, i did not know that.. that DOES throw a wrench in my formulations of the outcome of the battle.

are you sure...so GLs are that powerful? It seems they get hit in comics without any autoshield...perhaps thats just PIS though. eh

Thats_My_Monkey
Clearly Thanos wins. What are you on about?

Master-Borg

You guys are speculating about Flashes power and thats deemed ok. I speculate about GL making an explosion, relatively simple based on what they've done in the past, and thats bullshit? Get real. actually GLs could not explode Flash since they can't kill

OneDumbG0

You guys are speculating about Flashes power and thats deemed ok. I speculate about GL making an explosion, relatively simple based on what they've done in the past, and thats bullshit? Get real. Well, I've seen Flash react in a pico-second and seen him IMP people. I've also seen GL's been beat by less. So I'm not speculating at all. But good to know that you admit speculating about "willing an opponent to explode." At least, now I have an answer to my repeated questions.

Thats_My_Monkey
actually GLs could not explode Flash since they can't kill Missed Sinestro Corps much? shifty

Thats_My_Monkey
Clearly Thanos wins. Originally posted by Thats_My_Monkey
What are you on about?

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Thats_My_Monkey
Missed Sinestro Corps much? shifty wasnt that like a temporary lift on the killing ban?

Thats_My_Monkey
wasnt that like a temporary lift on the killing ban? Nope. Permanent. evil face

OneDumbG0
wasnt that like a temporary lift on the killing ban? Well, he's both right and wrong. There was a permanent lift of the ban of lethal force against Sinestro Corps members only during 'Sinestro Corps War.' Now, in most recent issues of Green Lantern, there has been an authorization of lethal force against all who oppose the GL Corps.

Tetragrammaton
Well, I've seen Flash react in a pico-second and seen him IMP people. I've also seen GL's been beat by less. So I'm not speculating at all.

But good to know that you admit speculating about "willing an opponent to explode." At least, now I have an answer to my repeated questions.
GL's have in the past absorbed souls into the power ring, transmuted individuals to energy, transmuted individuals to metal, and devolved and evolved individuals among other things. If you think they can't make a person explode, you're seriously grasping.

Master-Borg
GL's have in the past absorbed souls into the power ring, transmuted individuals to energy, transmuted individuals to metal, and devolved and evolved individuals among other things. If you think they can't make a person explode, you're seriously grasping. I'm just curious as to how a GL can attack something he may not even perceive

Tetragrammaton
I'm just curious as to how a GL can attack something he may not even perceive
As long as the ring can perceive it it doesn't matter. Just tell it to attack and destroy anything moving over a certain speed.

Master-Borg
As long as the ring can perceive it it doesn't matter. Just tell it to attack and destroy anything moving over a certain speed. laughing out loud dood, the way you talk about the ring, it's like GLs can just be fatass couchpotatoes who merely command the ring like a genie bottle and can defeat almost all their opponents with a mere thought

batdude123
Just to reinforce Val's points, Kyle easily made a building explode from afar without using an energy blast.

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kylevsghoulsandgoblins3yb5.jpg

He could easily do the same thing to a person.

OneDumbG0
GL's have in the past absorbed souls into the power ring, transmuted individuals to energy, transmuted individuals to metal, and devolved and evolved individuals among other things. If you think they can't make a person explode, you're seriously grasping. Pre-crisis = no thanks. Post-crisis, I've never seen a GL explode an opponent, or a ship or anything for that matter just by willing it. They'd have to extend their GL ring's aura around it first. Which is a problem against Flash:
The ring can react and move at a rate of lightyears per second. I've seen GLs will their beams to achieve speeds faster then light-speed. But not at the speeds you're speaking of. If they did, then Hal Jordan's attack would not have been negated by Chronos in 'Crisis of Conscience' when he slowed him down. Hal's speech slows down to where a syllable is drawn out into seconds. If his ring really did react as fast as you say and was not tied into his consciousness, then the ring would have done it's work in the space of a syllable without Hal having to finish his thought. But it clearly doesn't. Essentially, that is how a Flash w/o PIS would fight against a GL. They're pretty much statues to Flash. Even after an attack has been unleashed, Flash's are still faster then GL attacks:

http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash1hu5.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash2zj8.jpg

OneDumbG0
Just to reinforce Val's points, Kyle easily made a building explode from afar without using an energy blast.

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kylevsghoulsandgoblins3yb5.jpg

He could easily do the same thing to a person. I'd like to see the rest of the panels before I subscribe to the point that a GL can will something to explode without extending their ring's aura around it first. A panel where something explodes is not going to convince me. Do you have the rest of the comic or is that from a respect thread?

batdude123
laughing out loud dood, the way you talk about the ring, it's like GLs can just be fatass couchpotatoes who merely command the ring like a genie bottle and can defeat almost all their opponents with a mere thought

I don't even want to start with how laughable this post is considering how you're viewing Flash in this thread.

Tetragrammaton
laughing out loud dood, the way you talk about the ring, it's like GLs can just be fatass couchpotatoes who merely command the ring like a genie bottle and can defeat almost all their opponents with a mere thought
All of it has been in comics. Besides, this is FULL POTENTIAL GL we're talking about.

batdude123
I'd like to see the rest of the panels before I subscribe to the point that a GL can will something to explode without extending their ring's aura around it first. A panel where something explodes is not going to convince me. Do you have the rest of the comic or is that from a respect thread?

I have the rest of the comic, but my scanner is broken.

It came from the JLA: Divided We Fall arc.

Tetragrammaton
Pre-crisis = no thanks. Post-crisis, I've never seen a GL explode an opponent, or a ship or anything for that matter just by willing it. They'd have to extend their GL ring's aura around it first. Which is a problem against Flash:
I've seen GLs will their beams to achieve speeds faster then light-speed. But not at the speeds you're speaking of. If they did, then Hal Jordan's attack would not have been negated by Chronos in 'Crisis of Conscience' when he slowed him down. Hal's speech slows down to where a syllable is drawn out into seconds. If his ring really did react as fast as you say and was not tied into his consciousness, then the ring would have done it's work in the space of a syllable without Hal having to finish his thought. But it clearly doesn't. Essentially, that is how a Flash w/o PIS would fight against a GL. They're pretty much statues to Flash. Even after an attack has been unleashed, Flash's are still faster then GL attacks:

http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash1hu5.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash2zj8.jpg
Looks like a lot of speculation to me.

jrodslam
As long as the ring can perceive it it doesn't matter. Just tell it to attack and destroy anything moving over a certain speed.

QFT.

A GL can simply tell the ring to stop Flash and hold him in place once he gets within a certain distance.

I know its already been stated, but the GL's reaction has been mentioned. True the HUMAN himself has regular reaction times, but the ring operates on a much faster lvl. Its like Zoom running around punching members of the JLA in the face, yet GL can catch him. Lately, a GL has turned an enemy into ashes(Kilowog). Also, the GL shield has been mentioned. Are people confusing the shield with the aura thats normally worn? The aura alone can take a nice deal of damage whereas the shield at highest level(since we're talking about highest levels) can take things at planet destruction lvl's. Its also been mentioned that GLs have been taken out by less. So have Flahes. At max lvl's, a GL is beating a Flash.

OneDumbG0
Looks like a lot of speculation to me. Not really. And just for the record, I'm going to go through a whole bunch of Hal Jordan's pre-Crisis feats. I think most people agree that pre-Crisis is crap anyway, but since you believe that Hal has done all sorts of things like devolving people and transmuting them and making them explode wihtout first extending an aura of GL energy around them, then you're wrong, even pre-Crisis wise:

1) The time a pre-Crisis Hal Jordan devolved The Shark (not even valid anymore post-Crisis), he extended an aura of GL energy around him directly from his ring:

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/16105f0f.jpg

2) The time a pre-Crisis Hal Jordan transmuted his friend into a bird, his ring extended an aura of GL energy around him:

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ca9d1208.jpg

3) Another time a pre-Crisis Hal transmuted a bullet into daisies, same thing:

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/bb60346a.jpg

4) Same thing when a pre-Crisis Hal shrunk the original Shaggy Man:

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/ec72667e.jpg

Need I go on? Now let's step away from pre-Crisis, because this isn't pre-Crisis GL's anyway. Let's look at something a little more recent. How about the time John Stewart sniped and killed Bedovian in 'Sinestro Corps War,' he actually had to see him with a scope construct before taking him out. If he could will him to explode without necessarily having to see him, why didn't he do it? Simple reason: he couldn't. GL's don't simply will things to explode or transmute or shrink or devolve without first extending their GL energy at them, around them, or by snagging them with a construct.

If a Green Lantern can't see his opponent (Bedovian sniping contest) or doesn't have the time to finish a thought (Chronos slowing time down) or shoots energy at an opponent that can outrace his GL energy (Wally picosecond feat), then the GL's gonna have a tough time actually nailing his opponent. I'm looking at specific instances. What are you looking at? I'm not speculating. What are you doing?

A no CIS/PIS Flash can accelerate himself to speeds where he cannot be seen and a no CIS/PIS Flash could finish an attack before a GL could finish a thought and a no CIS/PIS Flash could outrace GL energy. Put 1 + 1 + 1 together and you get 3.

P.S. And batdude123, I don't own 'Divided We Fall,' but I'll look for it. No offense, but I think we've argued over scan interpretations before. I'd like to see it with my own eyes before I dispel what I just set out to prove in the first half of my post. And if anybody else has scans of that feat by Kyle, by all means, please post it. Because if a post-Crisis Kyle can do it, that trumps a pre-Crisis Hal not being able to do it for sure.

batdude123
Let's look at something a little more recent. How about the time John Stewart sniped and killed Bedovian in 'Sinestro Corps War,' he actually had to see him with a scope construct before taking him out. If he could will him to explode without necessarily having to see him, why didn't he do it?

It's the same reason why Flash isn't seen giving characters 1000's of IMPS/second in comics.

Master-Borg
It's the same reason why Flash isn't seen giving characters 1000's of IMPS/second in comics. has a GL EVER defeated someone without being aware of their presence?

(for example, bad guy is in Egypt, Hal is in US...and Hal tells the ring to kill the bad guy without even knowing where he is) has this ever occurred?

batdude123
has a GL EVER defeated someone without being aware of their presence?

(for example, bad guy is in Egypt, Hal is in US...and Hal tells the ring to kill the bad guy without even knowing where he is) has this ever occurred?

Sure.

And by that same token, has Flash ever used 1000's of IMPs (not just punches) per second against someone?

I mean, you must have something concrete other than pure speculation for your justification of this laughable statement...

Symmetric Chaos
has a GL EVER defeated someone without being aware of their presence?

Nero did that. He created constructs all though out NewYork even in places he couldn't possibly see.

In 52 Hal ordered his ring to destroy all alien technology in the immediate area. It did so easily even to things behind his back.

Tetragrammaton
This thread is now giving me the lulz.

batdude123
Yah.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by jrodslam
QFT.

A GL can simply tell the ring to stop Flash and hold him in place once he gets within a certain distance.

I know its already been stated, but the GL's reaction has been mentioned. True the HUMAN himself has regular reaction times, but the ring operates on a much faster lvl. Its like Zoom running around punching members of the JLA in the face, yet GL can catch him.He caught him temporarily. Zoom also broke out of the construct pretty quick. And for the record, Wonder Woman also managed to catch Zoom in that same fight with her lasso temporarily.
This thread is now giving me the lulz. Yes. I can tell you like to be seriously scan-spanked in a debate. Still waiting for scans of a Green Lantern willing something to explode without extending GL energy at it or around it. And still, even if you were able to do that (and I'm guesing you've given up by now), that'd only get you halfway, since you'd still have to deal with a GL being able to finish a thought in their head to do so before any of the Flashes finish their attack.
Nero did that. He created constructs all though out NewYork even in places he couldn't possibly see.

In 52 Hal ordered his ring to destroy all alien technology in the immediate area. It did so easily even to things behind his back. Machines don't move as fast as any of the Flashes do. And is anything faster then a Flash? Because Green Lanterns can have trouble with things that move really really fast:

Symmetric Chaos
Machines don't move as fast as any of the Flashes do. And is anything faster then a Flash? Because Green Lanterns can have trouble with things that move really really fast:

As much as I love Wally and friends I think you need to read more GL books. The ring can attack dozens of targets at once or cover a large area.

In one instance John once used the ring to predict where Wally (he was essentially bloodlusted in terms of using speed) would be and then interfered with his powers.

jrodslam
He caught him temporarily. Zoom also broke out of the construct pretty quick. And for the record, Wonder Woman also managed to catch Zoom in that same fight with her lasso temporarily.

Machines don't move as fast as any of the Flashes do. And is anything faster then a Flash? Because Green Lanterns can have trouble with things that move really really fast:

Point i was trying to make is he did it. Thats was a rebuttal to the "he only has human reflexes" bit.

As far as your scan goes, theres a high possibility that the rings the GL's were trying to catch and contain were moving faster than Barry, Jay and POSSIBLY even Wally.

Tetragrammaton

Yes. I can tell you like to be seriously scan-spanked in a debate.
Sounds kinky.

Master-Borg

As far as your scan goes, theres a high possibility that the rings the GL's were trying to catch and contain were moving faster than Barry, Jay and POSSIBLY even Wally.

actually, no, there's no possibility that the rings were moving ANYWHERE near the speed of even the slowest senile Flash...if you look at the scan, one of the ogrish creatures even says 'I got it' before the ring goes through his hand...meaning he was able to have reflexes to catch it, the ring was moving about the speed of fastball pitch imo

batdude123
Still waiting for scans of a Green Lantern willing something to explode without extending GL energy at it or around it.

I've already shown an example of this. The fact that you want to say it's not valid because it destroys the entire basis of your argument is your prerogative. smile

Go ahead and believe Flash wins all you want. All I can say is, judging by your posts, that its coming from pure ignorance of GLs capabilities.

jrodslam
actually, no, there's no possibility that the rings were moving ANYWHERE near the speed of even the slowest senile Flash...if you look at the scan, one of the ogrish creatures even says 'I got it' before the ring goes through his hand...meaning he was able to have reflexes to catch it, the ring was moving about the speed of fastball pitch imo

Woah woah. Youre telling me that when a ring searches for a new wearer, it only travels at the speed of a fastball? Rings that travel from sector to sector to find its wearer? Youre highly mistaken. Also, Jay and Barry have no chance of keeping up the a GL flying at top speed. I love Flash as much as the next guy, but c'mon.

Master-Borg
Woah woah. Youre telling me that when a ring searches for a new wearer, it only travels at the speed of a fastball? Rings that travel from sector to sector to find its wearer? Youre highly mistaken. Also, Jay and Barry have no chance of keeping up the a GL flying at top speed. I love Flash as much as the next guy, but c'mon. Im saying in the scan you showed, the ring was moving about the speed of a fastball as the ogre was attempting to catch it....if it was moving anywhere near the speed of a Flash, the ogre would not even come close...the fact that he had 'caught' the ring demonstrates the ring wasn't moving insanely fast as you had claimed

I dont doubt your claim that the ring can move faster than a flash, but it wasnt in that scan, and the socalled elite GLs were befuddled in a simple task of retrieving it

batdude123

laughing

Tetragrammaton
Cosmic Odyssey. The ring moved 200 year lightyears in the time it took for John to say "ring".

Master-Borg
Cosmic Odyssey. The ring moved 200 year lightyears in the time it took for John to say "ring". point?

Tetragrammaton
point?
laughing out loud

Master-Borg

I dont doubt your claim that the ring can move faster than a flash, but it wasnt in that scan, and the socalled elite GLs were befuddled in a simple task of retrieving it

batdude123
lol

OneDumbG0
Point i was trying to make is he did it. Thats was a rebuttal to the "he only has human reflexes" bit.

As far as your scan goes, theres a high possibility that the rings the GL's were trying to catch and contain were moving faster than Barry, Jay and POSSIBLY even Wally. He did do it. And Zoom immediately escaped from it. So your point? If you think GL rings move faster then Flashes with no CIS/PIS, then I think you don't really appreciate Flash.
I've already shown an example of this. The fact that you want to say it's not valid because it destroys the entire basis of your argument is your prerogative. smile

Go ahead and believe Flash wins all you want. All I can say is, judging by your posts, that its coming from pure ignorance of GLs capabilities. No, you showed me a fuzzy scan of something blowing up. And as I've stated before, it isn't the entire basis of my argument since even if you were to prove it to me, a Green Lantern wouldn't be able to complete their own thought quickly enough to effectuate an attack against a Flash. Try reading my post again where I stated that to Val. It's fun to ignore things, but it makes you look ignorant in a debate.

And speaking of pure ignorance, it's fair to say that since I've been showing scans up the wazoo proving my points and have read probably as many GL comics as you and the best you can come up with is a fuzzy scan that shows something exploding, then judging by your posts, I think you're completely intransigent when it comes to debating. But it's fine, because I was arguing with Val, not you. When you fix your scanner or when I read 'Divided We Fall,' we'll talk again. Or you could go ahead and assume you're right (which I know you'll do) and move on to my next argument on how any of the Green Lanterns are going to win when their opponent won't even let them finish a thought?
Sounds kinky. Speaking of kinky, I like how a naughty Supergirl simply snatches the ring off of John Stewart's finger with her superspeed:

jrodslam
Im saying in the scan you showed, the ring was moving about the speed of a fastball as the ogre was attempting to catch it....if it was moving anywhere near the speed of a Flash, the ogre would not even come close...the fact that he had 'caught' the ring demonstrates the ring wasn't moving insanely fast as you had claimed

So because the Ogre had a chance of catching it, that only means the ring was moving as fast as a fastball? Based of that alone, you say that the ring wasnt moving anywhere near the speed of a Flash? If thats the case, i guess some of the Flash rouges have Flash-like reflexes too then huh? Fast enough to know where to aim and such.

In that scan those rings were going across the galaxy to search for its new owner. Its a fact that it wasnt moving at the speed of a fastball. Especially for one whos used the ring to send probes through space at multiple speeds of light.

Symmetric Chaos
Speaking of kinky, I like how a naughty Supergirl simply snatches the ring off of John Stewart's finger with her superspeed:

In that issue she outraced Flash and used Xray vision to prevent J'onn from become intangible . . .

OneDumbG0
In that issue she outraced Flash and used Xray vision to prevent J'onn from become intangible . . . She didn't outrace Flash. After she escapes from him, they race and Flash catches up to her. But she lead him out onto the Moon's surface and that's how she "defeated" him. Oh, and reading your post again, she didn't prevent J'onn from going intangible. J'onn was invisible and punching Kara and Kara used her x-ray vision to locate J'onn. She didn't do anything about his intangibility. Read it again in the Supergirl respect thread. Either way, someone with super-speed can simply snatch a power ring away from a GL.

P.S. Master-Borg, those rings travel faster then light speed. No doubt about it. Luckily, so do Flashes.

Master-Borg

Speaking of kinky, I like how a naughty Supergirl simply snatches the ring off of John Stewart's finger with her superspeed:

Great scan...completely on point unlike some of the GL scans used so far.
So much for the light-speed all encompassing autoshield defense roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
He did do it. And Zoom immediately escaped from it. So your point? If you think GL rings move faster then Flashes with no CIS/PIS, then I think you don't really appreciate Flash.

Youve obviously missed the point even after i explained what my point was. Thus no need for me to continue with that. Reread my post. Also, i think youre overrating Barry and Jays speed quite a bit.

Although i did read that arc, its been stated by many that Supergirl did may things considered to be bs. If im not mistaken, a manhunter also tried taking the ring off Hals finger, but couldnt. It then had to try and take off Hals arm instead. How the writer had Johns ring be taken off his finger is beyond me.

Tetragrammaton
No PIS/CIS remember or does that only work for Flash? confused

Tetragrammaton
Great scan...completely on point unlike some of the GL scans used so far.
So much for the light-speed all encompassing autoshield defense roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/4868c886.jpg

Damn, so much for that omniversal super speed.

Tetragrammaton
OneDumbG0 Viewing Thread The Official Flash Respect Thread

OneDumbG0
OneDumbG0 Viewing Thread The Official Flash Respect Thread I'm being stalked now? confused

Looks like I've made quite the impression... Happy Dance

If you must know, I was looking for scans of the oft-maligned Infinite Mass Punch.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>