Validus vs Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Combat_Guru
Who was the STRONGEST!!!???

Gecko4lif
Validus

end of thread

Combat_Guru
But Odin couldn't stop Mangog with strength alone!

CaptainStoic
This is soon going to turn into "but pre-crisis Val could beat pre-crisis Daxamites". So before anyone pops off, can the thread starter state which version of Validus this is?

Combat_Guru
I can't edit now, I intended post-crisis Validus.

Gecko4lif
post crisis is a *****

what version of mangog?

norrinradd43
I like Mangog in this one.

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
This is soon going to turn into "but pre-crisis Val could beat pre-crisis Daxamites".

Even though the original JLA/Avengers crossover showed Thor stalemate PC Supes. Same Thor that gets manhandled by Mangog.

IMO Stalemate

h1a8
base Odin is not class 100. Also Odin's base durability is not greater than his son's Thor. So beating him physically can be done if he doesn't amp past you or if you are immune to his blasts and magic. Thus Mangog isn't necessarily as strong as we think he is. On the other hand Validus easily overpowered Superboy who was able to drag countless planets to another star system many lightyears away in moments (with a smile on his face).

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Even though the original JLA/Avengers crossover showed Thor stalemate PC Supes. Same Thor that gets manhandled by Mangog.

IMO Stalemate
except for that was absolute bullshit and validus made supes his personal jockstrap cleaner

TricksterPriest
since this is Post Crisis Validus, I'm fairly sure he loses.

psycho gundam
mangog cracks teh fishbowl....again....hey didn't this thread happen before?

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
except for that was absolute bullshit and validus made supes his personal jockstrap cleaner

You find Thor stalemating Supes in the Pre-Crisis to be 'bullshit'?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Papa Smurph

IMO Stalemate Explain. This interests me to no end.

Southern_Rebel
Omega is stronger than them both

guy222
Silver Age Mangog FTW

Horrificus
Mangog, but only because he has more to him than just physical power, which is equal to, or greater than Validus.

Papa Smurph
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Explain. This interests me to no end.

In Shooter's original JLA/Avengers crossover (non-canon, but still a good indicator of general powerlevels at the time) Thor and Superman were written to a stalemate before it was scrapped.

Gecko4lif
do you know why it is non-cannon?

Because fans voted how they wanted the fight to go

And lets be honest

who ever wants to see thor lose?

Not me.

He is in my big 3

right there with namor and darkseid

Papa Smurph
No it wasn't, in fact, IIRC the key reasons why it was never published was because Marvel didn't appreciate Iron-Man losing to Firestorm and DC didn't want Wonder Woman losing to Hercules.

Not because Thor was written to match PC Superman.

Knowsbleed33
SA Mangog was probably the physically strongest being in the MU. He takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.