dr doom vs thanos*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORD B
*doom after he absorbed galactus power in secret wars
thanos after was powered/amped up by death in avengers celestail quest

no bfr who takes it?

guy222
bumprav

Wei Phoenix
Thanos

Lord S
Tough to tell. How much of Death's power did that Thanosi have?

If I were to guess I'd have o say Doom.

OneDumbG0
^ I don't think that was a Thanosi. I think Death would have been able to tell the difference? Was it confirmed it was a Thanosi?

Lord S
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I don't think that was a Thanosi. I think Death would have been able to tell the difference? Was it confirmed it was a Thanosi? Yes it was...in Infinity Abyss Thanos says it was a clone in reference to his supposed appearance in 'this latest adventure involving the Avengers'...or something to that effect...which was Celestial Quest.

Death didn't know the difference...because in Dan Slott's 'She Hulk' it was stated that Thanosi are so precise that they even fool the most cosmic of senses...(which was really supposed to retcon Slott's own Squirrel Girl story, but works here as well).

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Lord S
Yes it was...in Infinity Abyss Thanos says it was a clone in reference to his supposed appearance in 'this latest adventure involving the Avengers'...or something to that effect...which was Celestial Quest.

Death didn't know the difference...because in Dan Slott's 'She Hulk' it was stated that Thanosi are so precise that they even fool the most cosmic of senses...(which was really supposed to retcon Slott's own Squirrel Girl story, but works here as well). The whole Thanosi idea is even stupider and more unnecessary then the Darkseid avatar garbage. Seriously... is it that terrible that Thanos lost to an Odinforce-amped Thor or Squirrel Girl in a humor issue? The former battle was epic and simply robbed of it's grandeur, if I was Dan Jurgens I would have been completely pissed off at Jim Starlin for that. The latter... I mean... who the hell cares?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Lord S
Yes it was...in Infinity Abyss Thanos says it was a clone in reference to his supposed appearance in 'this latest adventure involving the Avengers'...or something to that effect...which was Celestial Quest.

Death didn't know the difference...because in Dan Slott's 'She Hulk' it was stated that Thanosi are so precise that they even fool the most cosmic of senses...(which was really supposed to retcon Slott's own Squirrel Girl story, but works here as well).

Oh I see, so there is a big possibility that Squirrel Girl did not beat the original Thanos right? This is too much like the Darkseid Avatar BS, and they need to do away with these Thanosi beings before it becomes a real cheese fest.

Thanos FTW, but Doom is so crafty that I see him actually giving Thanos, or anyone at that matter a hard time when at the top of his prep game.

Aster Phoenix
Who is Squirrel Girl?

OneDumbG0
^ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_Girl

Aster Phoenix
I can't believe this is a real character.

Lord S
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
The whole Thanosi idea is even stupider and more unnecessary then the Darkseid avatar garbage. Seriously... is it that terrible that Thanos lost to an Odinforce-amped Thor or Squirrel Girl in a humor issue? The former battle was epic and simply robbed of it's grandeur, if I was Dan Jurgens I would have been completely pissed off at Jim Starlin for that. The latter... I mean... who the hell cares? I believe Jurgens was pissed...but you have to look at it from Starlin's point of view as well.

Thanos was utterly abused and made to look like a two-dimensional brute - out to conquer the universe again, (for the umpteenth time), in Starlin's absence...when those days were clearly behind him, as he was essentially a neutral character in the early to mid 90s, when Starlin let go of him. Marz slowly edged him back to being a little more villainous, but these other writers had pretty much reverted him back into 70s mode by the time Starlin returned.

Sort of like what Morrison did to Magneto in his New X-Men run...remember the outrage? Same situation here. Almost all of the character developments made on Thanos over the years were wiped out. Starlin had to retcon those appearances to bring the character back to neutral.

What irks me is when people say that Starlin's only motive was that he was just mad because Thanos lost. Starlin himself has made Thanos lose. The Jurgens story was probably the best one of the bunch...and I'm sure Starlin probably found it hard to retcon that, because he's praised Jurgen's characterization of Thanos - saying that Jurgens really 'gets' Thanos as well as he does...but as good as the characterization was, it wasn't in line with the neutral Thanos that Starlin wanted. I'd like to add that I think Ron Marz and Keith Giffen really 'get' Thanos as well...certainly a LOT better than that jackass Wade (Waid?) who started this mess by using Thanos in those Ka-Zar issues.

So yeah I don't like the clones, either...but they were a necessary evil to fix up some really atrocious and retarded writing.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
I can't believe this is a real character.

You have to belive the hype!

She apparently anal fisted Thanos, own Doom, Beat M.O.D.O.K single handly.

Squirrel Girl > Abstracts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.