Qui-Gon Jinn 20 years before he died vs. Mace Windu (RotS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The big EH
who would win? Qui-Gon and Mace sparred alot nd neither ever one, but Qui-Gon was also 20 years older than mace when they sparred

Darth Sexy
As far as I remember, they were something like equals around TPM. By ROTS, Mace has already mastered vaapad and his shatterpoint technique and is what, second only to Yoda in saber combat? Don't think Qui Gonn stands much of a chance here..

darthsith19
I imagine that TPM Qui-Gon and Qui-Gon at age 40, (20 years before he died) would be pretty much the same, with the younger Qui-Gon having perhaps a slight bit more endurance. Like Sexy said, TPM Jinn was TPM Mace's rival, and ROTS Mace > TPM Mace.

Darth Subjekt
We don't know enough about QGJ's progression, but even as of TPM, like Sexy and DS19 said, he would be inferior to Mace. Mace would be too much to handle.

xxxpoppunker182
ok so QGJ is supposed to be really good with a saber right? at least wookieepedia states him as being quite talented with one and i was wandering if anyone could provide sources showing how he is supposedly so good?

Darth Subjekt
Didin't wookie give examples?

darthsith19
Well I know the TPM novel states that his skills rivaled Mace Windu's, or something like that. And he was the best saber wielder his lightsaber instructor had taught in over 400 years. Qui-Gon also dueled Anoon Bondara as often as he could and fended seemed somewhat close to Maul, who is amazing with a lightsaber.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
As far as I remember, they were something like equals around TPM. By ROTS, Mace has already mastered vaapad and his shatterpoint technique and is what, second only to Yoda in saber combat? Don't think Qui Gonn stands much of a chance here..

wow. Do I see 3 complete sentences?

Mace tools qui gon.

Janus Marius
Wow, so Qui-Gon Jinn at 40 versus Mace Windu at his peak? Pretty lame.

Why not have full potential Anakin Skywalker with a metal leg versus Han Solo if he had been a Sith Lord?

Lord Knightfa11
ah janus... i liked your old sig better. can I use it?

Janus Marius
Sure.

http://i28.tinypic.com/ok7nmv.jpg

Lord Knightfa11
thanks m8. its for a cause i support...

Jmanghan
Mace

ILS
What a necro

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ILS
What a necro

..Wut?

ILS
Originally posted by Jmanghan
..Wut? You necro'd the thread, aka you brought it back from the dead. It's a special kind of necro because it's kind of obvious that Mace wins.

Based
Funny how you have the "post of reason" in regards to wanking and how people all have preferences then completely not care about showing obvious Mace distaste.

WildBantha88
Psht Jinn pwns Maces ass #bate

NewGuy01
Originally posted by darthsith19
Well I know the TPM novel states that his skills rivaled Mace Windu's, or something like that. And he was the best saber wielder his lightsaber instructor had taught in over 400 years. Qui-Gon also dueled Anoon Bondara as often as he could and fended seemed somewhat close to Maul, who is amazing with a lightsaber.

wink

ILS
Originally posted by Based
Funny how you have the "post of reason" in regards to wanking and how people all have preferences then completely not care about showing obvious Mace distaste. I wasn't showing any Mace distaste here - I was literally saying, Mace wining against Qui-Gon Jinn is obvious. He's more powerful, he's more skilled. I don't really do the Mace Windu thing often, I just got into a joking mood yesterday, to be honest. It's not even the character I dislike, it's just the fact people think he legitimately beat Sidious baffles me.

FreshestSlice
Seven and a half years of pain, for such an unsatisfying conclusion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mace in a stomp

Selenial
The reason people thought Windu was on Jin level was a quote on wookieepedia that the SWTOR boards proved false... So that's a thing. Or not, I guess.

NewGuy01
We proved it wrong first. no expression

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Selenial
The reason people thought Windu was on Jin level was a quote on wookieepedia that the SWTOR boards proved false... So that's a thing. Or not, I guess.

Are you talking about this quote?

-- Jedi Academy: Training Manual

Selenial
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Are you talking about this quote?

-- Jedi Academy: Training Manual

Nope, I'll find it give me a sec...

Selenial
Ok can't find it, the whole thing must have been removed, basically it was listing the top duelists, a quote supposedly from the TPM novel saying *Adjective* Yoda, Qui Gon Jin and *adjective* Windu, *adjective* Dooku.

Basically the quote was legit apart from the Qui Gon Jinn, which someone had added in. It was pretty much the only thing that actually confirmed Jinn as Dooku/Mace level, everything else brought him close, but no cigar.

Revanchiste
The Idea is not so stupid Quin Gon Held Darth Maull with Ataru in very long time...
But He is no match for windu Vaapada V.S ataru? No....
Mace windu ligth saber is so good, and Windu is good on defence and attack.. So...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.