ROTJ Luke Vs Kit Fisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laser7455
who wins?

1.Saber battle
2.Force battle
3.All out

skywalker833
1.luke
2.luke
3.luke
luke is a far better and more powerful jedi than kit fisto. Luke was probably the most powerful jedi there ever was.starwars

Blue_Hefner
Kit because he actually knows how to use a lightsaber

Elite Hunter
haha

skywalker833
Though, luke had only a couple years of training... id say a tie

xxxpoppunker182
luke only had like a month of real training from a master and like one or two lessons from obi wan and then a half assed like year teaching himself.

kit would beat rotj luke.

darthsith19
DE Luke also only received like a month of real training, though, and he was probably the strongest Jedi ever. I say Luke wins the saber duel at least. He defeated Vader, after all, and though it's true that Vader wasn't trying to hurt Luke, he was trying to defend himself and failed to do so. Not sure about the other ones, though.

skywalker833
I agree, luke might be able to pull off a saber victory at least, but nothing more, Kit is too experienced.

Gideon
While Luke is not as helpless as some would have you believe (for example, he defeated Jabba's thugs and outmaneuvered Prince Xizor's ridiculously deadly bodyguard, Guri, in combat), raw skill and reliance on his emotions -- which are what he used to defeat a half-hearted Darth Vader -- won't likely be enough to compete with the highly experienced and deadly Kit Fisto. I'd say Kit wins all three comfortably.

skywalker833
I dont know, luke is pretty skilled with a lightsaber already, he could at least put up a very good match.

Gideon
Originally posted by skywalker833
I dont know, luke is pretty skilled with a lightsaber already, he could at least put up a very good match.

He has natural affinity and raw talent. That doesn't make up for the many years that Fisto has been training and honing his skill. This particular Jedi manhandled two of General Grievous's Magnaguards, droids with programmed knowledge of all seven lightsaber forms, simultaneously.

skywalker833
Yes but that doesnt mean he isnt good with a lightsaber, he would either win with sabers or put up a great fight.
(lol Gideon, this is like tag)

Gideon
Yes but that doesnt mean he isnt good with a lightsaber, he would either win with sabers or put up a great fight.
(lol Gideon, this is like tag)

Sorry, this logic doesn't work. You've offered nothing, not even the shadow of suggestion, that would prove or support that Luke Skywalker is superior to Kit Fisto in lightsaber combat. And just saying "he would win with sabers or put up a great fight" does not make it so.

skywalker833
Hey, I never said that luke was superior in lightsaber combat. Are you trying to make things up to make yourself sound wiser. I am saying he would put up a good fight. He put up a good fight against vader even before he got mad.

ThoraxeRMG
Are you trying to make things up to make yourself sound wiser.

No, he's giving evidence to support his claims.
Which you're not doing.

Elite Hunter
To give evidence you was have to give examples of the character's sklls and achievements that he accomplished until a given point (and in this case it is up to ROTJ) in what you are arguing for.

ThoraxeRMG
Hayyoo! You are correct, sir!

skywalker833
HEY! I agree with everyone that Kit Fisto would win, but Luke would put up a good fight in lightsaber combat. Luke made some great feats even by ROTJ, you dont have to agree, just respect my opinion.

ThoraxeRMG
HEY! I agree with everyone that Kit Fisto would win,

You liar.
Stop being a follower.

skywalker833
Are you stupid? look at all the replies ive made in this thread, i never said luke would win, i once said he MIGHT win.

Elite Hunter
I understand you are new but this forum is pretty much dog-eat-dog and it might take some time to get use to so here is somewhat of little crash course.
Luke made some great feats even by ROTJ, you dont have to agree, just respect my opinion.
While I respect your opinion this is where I'm going to ask what Luke has done in lightsaber combat. (Now this is where you are suppose to post his combat feats from ANH till ROTJ) get how the debates work? Because these debates can and will get heated on KMC at some point.

skywalker833
ok, thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

darthsith19
Are you stupid? look at all the replies ive made in this thread, i never said luke would win, i once said he MIGHT win.

1.luke
2.luke
3.luke
luke is a far better and more powerful jedi than kit fisto. Luke was probably the most powerful jedi there ever was.starwars

Say what?

skywalker833
Sorry, i didn't see the "ROTJ" part at that time. lol

ThoraxeRMG

Me stupid? All you're doing is waiting for a person to pick the "right" side so you can jump and agree with them, with that you just say "Oh I think is good, but is also great too!". You never once said that Kit would win. What you lack is giving a person evidence to support your own argument.

Sure you didn't....

darthsith19
You also said before it was a tie. But okay, whatever. And, this post isn't meant to give you a hard time. Is this the first forum you've ever joined?

skywalker833
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down. I've said plenty of times that kit would win. I sorry for calling you stupid, i was a little agitated then. ok?

darthsith19
Yeah he did say that Kit would win, in his third post on page 1 he said Luke might win the saber but Kit wins the other ones.

ThoraxeRMG
Hmm, seems so.

skywalker833
Yeah, I think It is the first one. And will you please stop calling me a liar. I really didnt see the ROTJ part. I m not trying to get on your nerves.

ThoraxeRMG
Huh? Terrrh, I only call you a liar one time.
And the reasons for that was different. big grin

skywalker833
OK. So everyone agrees that Kit would win all 3?

Janus Marius
Threads should never be conclusively decided just because a few members have posted in less than a week. As it stands, Kit Fisto would likely give Luke a thrashing, but no sense in rushing the thread to a close.

skywalker833
OK, it just seemed like everyone agreed that Kit would win. By the way, anyone read the cestus deception? Kit was awesome in that.

Janus Marius
Very good book, though I think the depiction of Form I does not gibe with the actual original description it was given in Fight Saber. Have you read any other books for the Clone Wars era?

skywalker833
Yeah, i've read dark rendezvouz, and i really want to read shatterpoint.

Janus Marius
Shatterpoint is good. I recommend strongly Medstar duology, too.

Blax_Hydralisk
Shatterpoint was, imo, the best of the Clone Wars novels. It's also my favorite star wars book in general under the Thrawn trilogy.

skywalker833
Yeah, I just read the Thrawn trilogy. Timothy Zahn is probably one of the best star wars authors. Those books were great.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah, he's pretty good.

He kinda waters down the Jedi, Luke in particular, to ridiculous levels though in terms of strength. See both Luke and Mara struggle to kill one or two Droidekas was pretty... odd. *shrug*

I like Mara Jade, Thrawn, and Palleon though. imo they're some of the best characters in the entire Star Wars franchise.

skywalker833
Yeah, he kind of did make Lukes strength as a Jedi look not as great. Of course he wrote them before the PT so he didn't really know what an avg. jedi's strength would be.

Blax_Hydralisk
Oh.. that's true. I'd forgotten about that.

Before the PT Jedi were slow bumbling idiots.

Thank god for the PT.

Janus Marius
Yeah, the PT set the bar. Too bad no other form of media has conformed to it.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Shatterpoint was, imo, the best of the Clone Wars novels. It's also my favorite star wars book in general under the Thrawn trilogy.
It is my favorite Star Wars book. And yeah, the Medtsar Duology was good, too. Less action than some books as it isn't about some people fighting a war, but about war medical people and stuff but it was still awesome, you've got to read both 1 and 2, though, they blend together perfectly.

I haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy yet but would like to. I just recently read Outbound Flight and I loved it, so.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Yeah, the PT set the bar. Too bad no other form of media has conformed to it.

Was that sarcasm, or did I just misunderstand what you said?

Janus Marius
No, seriously. The PT's version of Jedi is believable. Everything else has been blown out of proportion.

Gideon
Dark Rendezvous is, definitely, the best of the Clone Wars-era novels, and it might be the best piece of Star Wars literature ever.

To say otherwise to me genuinely results in profane language, eye gouging, and hair pulling.

Blax_Hydralisk
Oh, okay. I did misunderstand what you were saying.

I thought you were referring to the quality of the movies themselves...

edit- Eh. DR and the one that focused on Anakin (Jedi Trial, I think it was.) were my least favorite of them all.

Janus Marius
DR is amazing, and Jedi Trial is absolutely horrible.

skywalker833
The labrynth of evil is an awesome clone wars book.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
DR is amazing, and Jedi Trial is absolutely horrible.

Jedi Trial is about as bad as the Crystal Star. The dialogue was pure, honest-to-God shit. The kind've shit that would make George Lucas (...we all know how skilled he is when it comes to dialogue)go "how the **** did this get published?" and Pors Tonith is perhaps the most ridiculous and retarded of all villains.

Blax_Hydralisk
As far as DR is concerned, it wasn't so much the writing, as it was the plot. The plot and characters involved just didn't appeal to me at all besides Yoda, and the Yoda vs. Dooku fight was disappointing because it was too short. Cestus Deception had the same problem. The finale fight sucked.

Jedi Trial's only saving grace was that there was a lot of military stuff involved. There were tactics and clones fighting on a moderately large scale.

Gideon
As far as DR is concerned, it wasn't so much the writing, as it was the plot. The plot and characters involved just didn't appeal to me at all besides Yoda, and the Yoda vs. Dooku fight was disappointing because it was too short. Cestus Deception had the same problem. The finale fight sucked.

You're shitting me. It is one of the darkest and most believable piece of SW literature available. It adds a whole new feature to Count Dooku, who was amazingly complex in that book, as well as Yoda.

no expression

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Gideon
You're shitting me. It is one of the darkest and most believable piece of SW literature available. It adds a whole new feature to Count Dooku, who was amazingly complex in that book, as well as Yoda.

Dooku isn't an appealing character to me, *shrug*.

Only appealing Sith to me in the PT was Maul, go figure. Those Padawans were annoying to. I generally never like the kids in any book.

I am thinking of the right book, aren't I? I haven't read Jedi Trial in years...

skywalker833
Anyone read the jedi academy trilogy. I'm reading jedi search.

Gideon
I guess so. But I fail to see how. Jedi Trial is vomit-inducing.

Blax_Hydralisk
Jedi Academy series wasn't bad. It's one of the darker series's out there.

I guess so. But I fail to see how. Jedi Trial is vomit-inducing.

Yeah, it was utter shit. My point was that the only good thing that can be said of it, was that it dealt a lot with clone combat, which I like.

darthsith19
Dark Rendezvous is, definitely, the best of the Clone Wars-era novels, and it might be the best piece of Star Wars literature ever.

To say otherwise to me genuinely results in profane language, eye gouging, and hair pulling.
I liked DR, but, it is surprising how many people thought it was one of the worse ones. Just saying. My favorite part was when the droid in the cafeteria tried to take Yoda's food away from him, saying that it was inedible, lol. laughing

Blax_Hydralisk
I think I'm the only one who said that...

Best thing about DR, is that it gave totally mad props to Yoda. Dooku had every advantage possible when they fought and Yoda still ran him out.

skywalker833
Yeah, that was a pretty funny part. They still havent specified what creature Yoda is...

darthsith19
I think I'm the only one who said that...

Best thing about DR, is that it gave totally mad props to Yoda. Dooku had every advantage possible when they fought and Yoda still ran him out.
I'm not talking about just in this thread. On the internet as a whole, it's surprising how many people thought DR was one of the worse ones.

Blax_Hydralisk
Oh.

Didn't know that. Most people I know thought it was alright.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.